Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I agree I switch between the pvhes and stock throughout the day but I find I rarely reach for the wood stem tho
I haven't use my wood stem in over 3 months.
I'm a flavor snob!
The stock glass stems with screen work so well I don't see the importance of switching them?
The travel tubes were the better investment as I haven't broken a stem since I got them from www.planetvapes.com

hoptimum

I have to disagree with what you said hear I've had 2 Solos (104,107)and I didn't find the batteries were sensitive at all. As long as you don't discharge them all the way they should be fine ime. Also I have been using a PS2 slim PA(w/adapter to fit Solo) and have never had an issue. As long as the voltage and the amperage are correct, and it's not some cheep $4 Chinese knock off you should have no issues using another adapter. Let me also say this, because some people seem to think this will burn their house down, after using the PS2 slim adapter for hours it never gets above room temperature.

How complicated is it to adapt the PS2 slim PA to fit the Solo?

hoptimum,

ehakim

I haven't use my wood stem in over 3 months.
I'm a flavor snob!
The stock glass stems with screen work so well I don't see the importance of switching them?
The travel tubes were the better investment as I haven't broken a stem since I got them from www.planetvapes.com
Same here about the flavour part, I also don't like the metal on metal scrapping

gosaints420

How complicated is it to adapt the PS2 slim PA to fit the Solo?

If you can find the right adapter it is as simple as plugging it in. Only problem is I have no idea where to find the proper adapter. This is what I used but the PS end doesn't fit properly, unless you make it fit like I did, but I can't recommend any one els try that. If you can find one that is 5.5x1.7 to 4.0x1.7 I believe that would be the correct adapter.

edit - the second part I had listed was actually the opposite m/f of what is needed,so I took it off.

gosaints420,

2clicker

Observer
I have the same model, and I experienced flickering of the charging indicator, but it didn't slow or stop charging... It was on the top number indicating the progress of the charge. It was as if it flickered to indicate that it has almost reached the next number. For example, if its charge was at level 5 and was almost to level 6 it would flicker just before it got there.. Hopefully that makes sense

totally makes sense. and ive noticed mine does that as well, but that didnt really bother me. this flickering display was different. it affected multiple leds at once. 2-4. it did not appear that it was charging either... at least by the display. so i unplugged it. walked away for a while came back plugged it in and it was normal.

Another point I want to make with the use of the PA in mind, is that it sticks out from the back, so you have to lay down the unit horizontally when changing the stem etc. It's a bit of a strange spot to have a power adapter imo, it would have been better if it were on the side. And for charging I would have preferred a cradle or a dock.

BTW: I found this link on Li-Ion batteries, maybe it can help you, in the document are also links leading to more detailed information on that particular subject. If you are good at reading source material I think this will help you a lot.

My new Solo starts with M1A380 (02-02-2013)
Since I got it only last Saturday I haven't charged it yet but I will do that today for the first time.
Hope it will go fine this time....keeping fingers crossed.....lol!

Edit:
After almost 3hrs, charging finished successful, no irregularities to report!

i was also thinking about how it would be better if the adapter connection was on the side. then you could stand it up while using it. not a big deal tho. im still likely going to get the PA since the cell is kept mostly charged during PA usage. mines a M1A381. also received last Saturday.

I have just started to have this exact same symptom. Hitting both the arrow keys at the same time has usually fixed it for me.

its very glitchy... sorta dances up and down. green charge light did not go on at all while this was happening. weird. thinking about emailing arizer about it. just to see if they know anything.

2clicker,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
I have to disagree with what you said hear I've had 2 Solos (104,107)and I didn't find the batteries were sensitive at all. As long as you don't discharge them all the way they should be fine ime. Also I have been using a PS2 slim PA(w/adapter to fit Solo) and have never had an issue. As long as the voltage and the amperage are correct, and it's not some cheep $4 Chinese knock off you should have no issues using another adapter. Let me also say this, because some people seem to think this will burn their house down, after using the PS2 slim adapter for hours it never gets above room temperature.

I'd rather be on the safe side though!

I saw some ppl getting longer stems so I thought I could make one myself.
Here it is:
My home made flexible stem extension:

Take the standard stem, a piece of high grade plastic tube and a glass drink straw.
Warm up the plastic a little, using a lighter and fit the glass straw inside the plastic part like on the picture, than proceed with warming up the other end but this time to make it flexible enough to fit INSIDE the standard Solo stem.
Join the parts and you just saved yourself buying a special made!
And I can assure you that it works fine and the vape is smooth and tasty, even at #3!

2clicker

Observer
well i ordered the PA. hopefully see it in a couple days.

aside from the glitchy light show im LOVING this vape so far. :rockon:

2clicker,
Reactions: Red Indy

oklahomie

I was wondering if anyone has tried scraping the stem, and then vaping the reclaimed resin? I'm not sure how i'd go about doing this, but I think i'm going to try tonight considering i'm nearly out of herb :o

oklahomie,

vape4life

Banned for life
Just throw your empty gooed up stem in there and crank it to 7....you'll get vapour!

OR do what many of us do, throw those amber stems in some hot milk! Be prepared for a loooong ride!

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
well i ordered the PA. hopefully see it in a couple days.

aside from the glitchy light show im LOVING this vape so far. :rockon:

So, what's with the lights? They kept blinking for a while?

After having had several sessions with the extended stem (see video prev. post) , I have to say that I am amazed at what a little difference in length can do to improve the airflow and in the taste (less harsh in the throat) as well.
The extension gives the possibility to take in the vape like if slowly drinking a cocktail with a long straw. Smooth and slowly.
I have used my mini water tool up to now because that did the thing for my throat, just the standard stem is too harsh for me.
But now this extensions is working so well I will be using the bubbler less I guess.

Many thanks to whoever planted this idea in the first place!!!

Red Indy,
I was wondering if anyone has tried scraping the stem, and then vaping the reclaimed resin? I'm not sure how i'd go about doing this, but I think i'm going to try tonight considering i'm nearly out of herb :o
There are several things you could do:
My favorite- Putting your oily stem in milk,half and half, or What i usually do Cream (HIGHest fat content) simmer it till your stem is clean and make in to hot chocolate. Or my personal favorite icecream or what we named it HIGHcream. Plenty of diffrent flavor combos to spark your fancy
2: get organic cotton and clean your stem with the cotton, then vap the cotton balls.(they have a higher combustion than what the solo will go.
3: use ISO alcohol and soak the stems the alcohol will absorb all the oil. let purge (evaporate), scrap and smoke.

grassyRoots,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My favorite- Putting your oily stem in milk,half and half, or What i usually do Cream (HIGHest fat content) simmer it till your stem is clean and make in to hot chocolate. Or my personal favorite icecream or what we named it HIGHcream. Plenty of diffrent flavor combos to spark your fancy
2: get organic cotton and clean your stem with the cotton, then vap the cotton balls.(they have a higher combustion than what the solo will go.
3: use ISO alcohol and soak the stems the alcohol will absorb all the oil. let purge (evaporate), scrap and smoke.

Or you could put the stem in a 14mm downstem, grab your torch and enjoy tasty treats for a good while. :brow:

I'd never do this of course as it could discolor your stem or even break it. (disclaimer given...... but it's pretty fuckin' cool even given the disclaimer).

:peace:

Stu,
Sorry for the post, not sure how to link posts still new..

I got both the PVHES straight and the straight turbo.

I would reccomend going with the PVHES straight. For several reasons.

1: It seems to regulate airflow better than the turbo just being slightly more restricted with airflow.

2: In vapes more evenly. The glass barrier with four holes retains heat keeping the plant near the screen hotter than it is in the turbo. My vape poop was much darker and consistent using the pvhes over the turbo.

3: For some reason there is and extra exterior groove going around the stem, which is extremely fragile!! See my last posts where it broke right along that groove. The PVHES straight does not have this groove.

Just my 2 cents on the stems. Just in case any of you are looking at them. They're amazing!!

grassyRoots,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
How does a stem extension improve the airflow?

No idea why it does, but it does, just give it a try and you will be amazed.
Not that you will be getting those "big milky" clouds, nothing like that nor that it will be anything like the 30% promised by those special (expensive) stems, but still, I found the improvement noticeable and it helps me getting a smooth, less harsh tasting vape, but like said: you have to take it the way you would drink a cocktail through a straw, slow and even.
Also the vape is much "cooler", probably because of the longer path it has to go.
The straw has less diameter, that might count as well.

I found that leaving some clean cotton inside the stem, against the 4 holes, collects a lot before getting down your stem and you have less trouble collecting it.
Doing that doesn't restrict the airflow at all. (untill it gets full)
After the cotton is full I remove it using the end of a knitting needle, put it inside the bowl and vape again.

img0399oh.jpg

vape4life

Banned for life
Not that you will be getting those "big milky" clouds, nothing like that nor that it will be anything like the 30% promised by those special (expensive) stems, but still, I found the improvement noticeable and it helps me getting a smooth, less harsh tasting vape, but like said: you have to take it the way you would drink a cocktail through a straw, slow and even.
Also the vape is much "cooler", probably because of the longer path it has to go.

I get "big milky clouds" with the stock stems ;)

I do agree that the vapour would be cooler with your glass straw extension, but still don't understand how the airflow would improve, ESPECIALLY since the straw is narrower, which would restrict flow even more.

I'm happy that you found a solution that works well for you though. That's the brilliance of this site and all the diverse minds here, so many new ideas for mods...and just went you think everything has been done, someone thinks of something new.

I love this hobby! :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

I found that leaving some clean cotton inside the stem, against the 4 holes, collects a lot before getting down your stem and you have less trouble collecting it.
Doing that doesn't restrict the airflow at all. (untill it gets full)
After the cotton is full I remove it using the end of a knitting needle, put it inside the bowl and vape again.

img0399oh.jpg
All this talk about these after market stems?
Are they really that much better than a Glass Stock Stem with a screen?
I get tasty efficient medication from my solo's.
You guy's really recycle your flowers after vaping them?
Sounds like swallowing your food throwing it up and eating it again?

ataxian,

vape4life

Banned for life
I agree ataxian, my ABV goes straight in the garbage. You'll get differing opinions on the PVHES, and the far majority prefer the improved airflow. I'm not part of the majority, I can get the same airflow by rocking the stem, and thicker hits with the stock stem. I found it VERY noticable. But, some like the convenience of the PVHES.

Curiousone

I personally hated the NO2 because there was no restriction....I thought the Solo stock stems might be a bit too restrictive after reading this thread prior to buying... But after a week of testing my new toy, I honestly have no need for the PVHES. I'm still leaning toward an Ed's stem for on the go use (hate bringing glass with me)

I actually like the stock stem besides the breakable aspect. I pull the stem up a bit while hitting if I need more airflow(I tend to do this with my mouth almost instinctively). I could see this not working for everyone, but it has for me!

Did I mention that I really like this unit?

You guy's really recycle your flowers after vaping them?
Sounds like swallowing your food throwing it up and eating it again?
It's more like peeling vegetables and keeping the scraps/peels for stock. Or like leftoevers ;)

I love an ABV smoothie once in a while. Helps me stay medicated all day long.

kingofnull,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I personally hated the NO2 because there was no restriction....I thought the Solo stock stems might be a bit too restrictive after reading this thread prior to buying... But after a week of testing my new toy, I honestly have no need for the PVHES. I'm still leaning toward an Ed's stem for on the go use (hate bringing glass with me)

I actually like the stock stem besides the breakable aspect. I pull the stem up a bit while hitting if I need more airflow(I tend to do this with my mouth almost instinctively). I could see this not working for everyone, but it has for me!

Did I mention that I really like this unit?
I don't want to be a kill joy however if flavor is important stay with glass.
I use the travel tubes:
http://www.planetvape.ca/travel-tube.html
Since I got these I haven't broke a stem.
You can cap your load with these:
http://www.planetvape.ca/solo-vaporizer-travel-caps-2.html

Top Bottom