Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I don't want to jump the gun, but that sounds similar to folks who have had bad batteries. Perhaps Ataxian can chime in.
I don't know if you have the same problem I had with one of my units however when I changed out the battery it improved by 33%!

ataxian,

poonman

Any ideas on this? My question got buried quickly.

Some newer models ( M1A , M1D ) have been experiencing battery problems .
but ,
the fast dropping of the indicator light is normal .
Even when you drop down to only the blue light , you still have more power to play with .

Only when you see the red charge light begin to flash quicker, is when your near empty .
How much steady battery power do you get ?
Have you tried timing that ?

poonman,

2clicker

Observer
:shrug:

mine is an M1A3 and while i havent experienced any sudden loss of power i did get a weird flickering of leds when i attached the charging cable. not sure why it happened. the Idle and 1 leds were solid and 2 & 3 were flickering. the green charge led was not flashing or on. just gave it sometime and tried again and it started charging like normal.

2clicker,

SteezyJ

I have the same model, and I experienced flickering of the charging indicator, but it didn't slow or stop charging... It was on the top number indicating the progress of the charge. It was as if it flickered to indicate that it has almost reached the next number. For example, if its charge was at level 5 and was almost to level 6 it would flicker just before it got there.. Hopefully that makes sense

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
:cheers: thanks!

im still going to get the PA tho because im having to charge it twice a day... its only been 2 days. i feel that it may be worth it for me. really only want it for when i forget to charge the Solo (likely often :shrug:).

maybe ill give it another few days and see how the charging routine goes before spending any more money.

Since the battery and charging problems I had with my M107, I am using the power adapter all the time when using the Solo at home, but it is very bulky and restricts portability.
But it works fine and since those Li-Ion batteries seem to be very sensitive, I'd like to use them only in case of real necessity like when hiking or on the move through town at night, when at home I only use the PA.
It is quite an additional investment, I agree, but seems really worth it (IMHO)

But before I forget: there should be a serious WARNING TO NEVER USE ANY POWER ADAPTER OTHER THAN THE ONE THAT IS SPECIALLY MADE FOR THIS UNIT and available from any Arizer retailer.
It will surely leave your unit useless if you would use just any adapter! and it's a shame that Arizer doesn't warn explicitly for that!

Another point I want to make with the use of the PA in mind, is that it sticks out from the back, so you have to lay down the unit horizontally when changing the stem etc.
It's a bit of a strange spot to have a power adapter imo, it would have been better if it were on the side.
And for charging I would have preferred a cradle or a dock.

BTW: I found this link on Li-Ion batteries, maybe it can help you, in the document are also links leading to more detailed information on that particular subject. If you are good at reading source material I think this will help you a lot.

My new Solo starts with M1A380 (02-02-2013)
Since I got it only last Saturday I haven't charged it yet but I will do that today for the first time.
Hope it will go fine this time....keeping fingers crossed.....lol!

Edit:
After almost 3hrs, charging finished successful, no irregularities to report!

Excerpt from this document

Over-discharging Lithium-ion

Li-ion should never be discharged too low, and there are several safeguards to prevent this from happening. The equipment cuts off when the battery discharges to about 3.0V/cell, stopping the current flow. If the discharge continues to about 2.70V/cell or lower, the battery’s protection circuit puts the battery into a sleep mode. This renders the pack unserviceable and a recharge with most chargers is not possible. To prevent a battery from falling asleep, apply a partial charge before a long storage period.
Battery manufacturers ship batteries with a 40 percent charge. The low charge state reduces aging-related stress while allowing some self-discharge during storage. To minimize the current flow for the protection circuit before the battery is sold, advanced Li-ion packs feature a sleep mode that disables the protection circuit until activated by a brief charge or discharge. Once engaged, the battery remains operational and the on state can no longer be switched back to the standby mode.
Do not recharge lithium-ion if a cell has stayed at or below 1.5V for more than a week. Copper shunts may have formed inside the cells that can lead to a partial or total electrical short. If recharged, the cells might become unstable, causing excessive heat or showing other anomalies. Li-ion packs that have been under stress are more sensitive to mechanical abuse, such as vibration, dropping and exposure to heat.

Red Indy,
Reactions: ataxian

elevation

My Gong adapter from PV has arrived..I can't wait till my Ehle with diffuser stem gets here!

elevation,

elevation

My mind strength will be tested when i get this thing. I have to watch out not to be medicated all the time ;). I like the Solo now, but i only used it with a stock stem, and the higher airflow + water conditioned will (probably) make it much more enjoyable. I can only imagine.

btw, i actually was taking a break from the green, but now i have pretty much only vaping for the last months i find that not vaping is easier than not smoking. (i think the nicotine plays a part in this)

elevation,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
My mind strength will be tested when i get this thing. I have to watch out not to be medicated all the time ;). I like the Solo now, but i only used it with a stock stem, and the higher airflow + water conditioned will (probably) make it much more enjoyable. I can only imagine.

btw, i actually was taking a break from the green, but now i have pretty much only vaping for the last months i find that not vaping is easier than not smoking. (i think the nicotine plays a part in this)

To try how you like the airflow raise the stem a tiny bit then you'll have greater airflow with stock stem...did it a lot in Amsterdam...

elevation

Hi M0sh thanks for the recommendation, but i have already tried that before. I like it, but it's a little too unpractical for me. So that's pretty much how the airflow on the Gong will be?

elevation,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Yep more or less...I can try it later when I'm home and tell you real time results...yeah its annoying to do so with stock stem but if you really want better airflow its still possible with the stock stem.

b0

Cloudy...
(i think the nicotine plays a part in this)

You can be sure. My friends all combust with tobacco (here in Spain the people usually smoke hash with tobacco joints) and when they vape with me they always stop vaping because they are so high but still need to smoke a joint for the nicotine.

elevation

It's the same thing with my friends b0. :)

Yep more or less...I can try it later when I'm home and tell you real time results...yeah its annoying to do so with stock stem but if you really want better airflow its still possible with the stock stem.

You don't have to do it, but if you want to it would be cool :cool:

elevation,
Reactions: b0

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I guess that's why theyre always out of stock on pv, they're shipping 'em across the pond
I would love to try one as well however their always out of stock!
This is why I just stay with the straight STOCK stems.
They work well and always available.

ataxian,

ehakim

[
I would love to try one as well however their always out of stock!
This is why I just stay with the straight STOCK stems.
They work well and always available.

You could always do what I did, check pv multiple times a day everyday till it says in stock lmao
You defiantly won't regret it, plus I'm pretty sure they're wrapping up a run on turbo stems this week so they should be in stock soon

ehakim,

ehakim

I agree I switch between the pvhes and stock throughout the day but I find I rarely reach for the wood stem tho

ehakim,
:shrug:

mine is an M1A3 and while i havent experienced any sudden loss of power i did get a weird flickering of leds when i attached the charging cable. not sure why it happened. the Idle and 1 leds were solid and 2 & 3 were flickering. the green charge led was not flashing or on. just gave it sometime and tried again and it started charging like normal.
I have just started to have this exact same symptom. Hitting both the arrow keys at the same time has usually fixed it for me.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: 2clicker

gosaints420

Since the battery and charging problems I had with my M107, I am using the power adapter all the time when using the Solo at home, but it is very bulky and restricts portability.
But it works fine and since those Li-Ion batteries seem to be very sensitive, I'd like to use them only in case of real necessity like when hiking or on the move through town at night, when at home I only use the PA.
It is quite an additional investment, I agree, but seems really worth it (IMHO)

But before I forget: there should be a serious WARNING TO NEVER USE ANY POWER ADAPTER OTHER THAN THE ONE THAT IS SPECIALLY MADE FOR THIS UNIT and available from any Arizer retailer.
It will surely leave your unit useless if you would use just any adapter! and it's a shame that Arizer doesn't warn explicitly for that!

Another point I want to make with the use of the PA in mind, is that it sticks out from the back, so you have to lay down the unit horizontally when changing the stem etc.
It's a bit of a strange spot to have a power adapter imo, it would have been better if it were on the side.
And for charging I would have preferred a cradle or a dock.

BTW: I found this link on Li-Ion batteries, maybe it can help you, in the document are also links leading to more detailed information on that particular subject. If you are good at reading source material I think this will help you a lot.

My new Solo starts with M1A380 (02-02-2013)
Since I got it only last Saturday I haven't charged it yet but I will do that today for the first time.
Hope it will go fine this time....keeping fingers crossed.....lol!

Edit:
After almost 3hrs, charging finished successful, no irregularities to report!

I have to disagree with what you said hear I've had 2 Solos (104,107)and I didn't find the batteries were sensitive at all. As long as you don't discharge them all the way they should be fine ime. Also I have been using a PS2 slim PA(w/adapter to fit Solo) and have never had an issue. As long as the voltage and the amperage are correct, and it's not some cheep $4 Chinese knock off you should have no issues using another adapter. Let me also say this, because some people seem to think this will burn their house down, after using the PS2 slim adapter for hours it never gets above room temperature.

gosaints420,
Reactions: vape4life
Top Bottom