Arizer Solo

Arizer responded quickly to my email.
The coating is an organic ceramic that if not baked for the right duration at proper temps during production will fail and flake and peel.
No one is getting cancer from the coating.

large lungs,
The customer service rep I'm dealing with said I was only the second person to contact Arizer over the flaking coating.
I am very pleased with customer service of Arizer. They are handling my issue with the utmost professionalism.

large lungs,

vape4life

Banned for life
+1 and I believe I was the first. Happy to hear about why this happened but not too confident that this is just a rare thing. I bet as time goes on that mire and more have this issue. Not a great way to start.

large lungs said:
The customer service rep I'm dealing with said I was only the second person to contact Arizer over the flaking coating.
I am very pleased with customer service of Arizer. They are handling my issue with the utmost professionalism.

vape4life,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
large lungs said:
Arizer responded quickly to my email.
The coating is an organic ceramic that if not baked for the right duration at proper temps during production will fail and flake and peel.
No one is getting cancer from the coating.

This seems to be good news. Only one complaint heard previous but they know about the problem and have addressed the problem? Hmm, perhaps fired the guy that was not baking them long enough. I wonder if they have a fix on the serial numbers that are/were effected? Seems odd that they would have learned about the problem,analyzed the problem and developed a fix for the problem all from one complaint. But it sounds like a good start on a resolution....maybe, assuming that no one was wishing for a dose of lung cancer.

Ok, they need to come forth and welcome exchanges-absorbing the shipping, to include the border guard's $30 ransom fee. In other words no questions or out of pocket $$ to the consumer.

Another good reason to record serial number before it fades. They may release batch numbers of effected Solos

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

I have had a response from arizer.

Arizer has offered a replacement unit.

Pls note this is not the whole email, the bottom half is just some instructions regarding the shipping of a replacement & asking to let them know the serial no. of the unit, figured it wasnt pertinent or neccessary to the discussion.
But here is the bit regarding the flaking.

Quote-
Hi XXXX,

Very sorry to hear that. You're the fourth person to mention this. The flaking is the ceramic coating, it's organic and non toxic but it should not flake.

I've spoke to my Engineers, it's the baking process that's run too short so the ceramic didn't adhere properly . The margin of error is .085% however quality control should of caught that.

Until recently we didn't hear anything, therefore I suspect is it's from one batch where the bowls weren't left in long enough for the ceramic to bake on.
-end quote

very speedy response so far, good to hear that the ceramic coating is organic & non toxic.
If they can narrow the problem down to some specific batch numbers, then arizer might be able to quickly gauge how big of a problem this is for them.

Great response from arizer so far, quite professional & took my concerns seriously.

fingers crossed, the faster I am flying solo again the better.

dorkus_molorkus,
+1 for Arizer customer support. I was told I was the third person to mention this! I too was told that we're part of the lucky .085%. I doubt that figure is completely accurate, it's probably higher. They've offered to replace my unit and send me some extras. There was no asking about whether I bought from an authorized dealer, just an immediate offer to replace the defective unit.

While I don't love the idea of having been exposed to that "organic ceramic," I do know that I didn't inhale any chunks above a very tiny size because I always had a screen in the stem, and I didn't eat any because I never cooked with my ABV during the period that I've owned the Solo... But it still sucks. What doesn't suck is Arizer's reaction to the situation.

charliedontsurf,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
@ Dorkus

g'day. I am keeping an eye on my Solo to see if the staining progresses to flaking. I thumbed back through the forum and learned that you bought your Solo from the same vendor as I and only 2 days after I ordered so perhaps they are from the same batch. I would be willing to share serial numbers with you to help narrow some of this batch business down. I have only put a 1/2 oz of herb through mine to date before I put it in mothballs. Hope all works out for you. My guess is it will be a couple of weeks before you get your new one at a min as it is a loooong way to your door from Arizer. Eh

DA Ape

Vaped Ape,

lwien

I agree, it's nice that Arizer is stepping up, but..............organic ceramic? Organic? Does that imply that anything that's organic is a-ok to inhale or just as long as the ceramic is organic, then that kind of ceramic is ok to inhale? Just asking'............ :/

lwien,

dorkus_molorkus

Vaped Ape said:
@ Dorkus

g'day. I am keeping an eye on my Solo to see if the staining progresses to flaking. I thumbed back through the forum and learned that you bought your Solo from the same vendor as I and only 2 days after I ordered so perhaps they are from the same batch. I would be willing to share serial numbers with you to help narrow some of this batch business down. I have only put a 1/2 oz of herb through mine to date before I put it in mothballs. Hope all works out for you. My guess is it will be a couple of weeks before you get your new one at a min as it is a loooong way to your door from Arizer. Eh

DA Ape

cheers,feel free to PM me if you like. I have put about the same amount thru mine, so perhaps you should just keep an eye on yours. Is it the flaking issues that had you mothball yours or was it for another reason?

I wonder is the paint really nessesary in the 1st place?
I know they wouldnt have put it on for nothing, but if it all flaked off (or was gently scraped off once it started flaking on its own) & it was not there anymore, would it seriously affect the perfomance?

just musing out aloud. :peace:

And yep, arizer to my house is a bit of a trip and the wait will be long. I have broken out my DBV & its just not the same anymore, quite disappointing compared to the mighty solo.
I am officially suffering from solo withdrawl. I was originally very jealous of the cloud betatesters,
not anymore. Poor bastards, I have read about members having cloud withdrawl symptoms.

Now, I have the solo strain of the same affliction. :uhoh:

:peace:

dorkus_molorkus,

vape4life

Banned for life
As mentioned earlier, apparently the coating/paint is there to prevent sticking. I am pretty happy to hear they are offering a replacement, and since I have the odour issue too i'm hoping that they will just replace it. However, i'm VERY apprehensive about his happening again to the point where i'm considering another vape again. If Arizer can assure that this won't happen again and if it does will replace it again that would definitely restore my faith in the product.

Interesting how all of a sudden it's now 4 people on this forum with the problem... I wonder how many solo users have the issue and don't even know it yet? (outside of the forum).

I am missing my Solo forsure and thoughts of going back to the Extreme are not very enticing.

vape4life,

darkrom

Great Scott!
dorkus_molorkus said:

Pls note this is not the whole email, the bottom half is just some instructions regarding the shipping of a replacement & asking to let them know the serial no. of the unit, figured it wasnt pertinent or neccessary to the discussion.

Quote-
Hi XXXX,

Very sorry to hear that. You're the fourth person to mention this. The flaking is the ceramic coating, it's organic and non toxic but it should not flake.

I've spoke to my Engineers, it's the baking process that's run too short so the ceramic didn't adhere properly . The margin of error is .085% however quality control should of caught that.

Until recently we didn't hear anything, therefore I suspect is it's from one batch where the bowls weren't left in long enough for the ceramic to bake on.
-end quote

very speedy response so far, good to hear that the ceramic coating is organic & non toxic.
If they can narrow the problem down to some specific batch numbers, then arizer might be able to quickly gauge how big of a problem this is for them.

Great response from arizer so far, quite professional & took my concerns seriously.

Hmmmm this is a little disturbing. Finny texted me a copy of his email from Airizer this morning. Apparently you and him are BOTH the 4th person to report this...

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
lwien said:
I agree, it's nice that Arizer is stepping up, but..............organic ceramic? Organic? Does that imply that anything that's organic is a-ok to inhale or just as long as the ceramic is organic, then that kind of ceramic is ok to inhale? Just asking'............ :/

What I want to know is what is BEHIND the "organic ceramic"? Because whatever it is, that is a good part of what people are vaping once this starts to flake...

darkrom,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
darkrom said:
dorkus_molorkus said:

Quote-
Hi XXXX,

-end quote

Hmmmm this is a little disturbing. Finny texted me a copy of his email from Airizer this morning. Apparently you and him are BOTH the 4th person to report this...

Probably just a 'copy and paste' typo. I'm assuming the rest of the email text was identical? But at some point it will go beyond the "you're just the xxx person to report this" phenomenon.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
dorkus_molorkus said:
cheers,feel free to PM me if you like.
To prevent any confusion, we don't have PM here-email only.

Organic ceramic? Ceramic, by definition, is inorganic. :hmm:

max,

vape4life

Banned for life
One of the things that disturbed me when I contacted Arizer was that they never heard of the "odour" issue. Simply because after all the beta testing not one single unit gave off this odour? Kinda reminds me when I contacted them about the whiny high pitch noise coming from my EQ and they said they never heard of it even though there are a bunch on the EQ thread that report the exact same thing.

Gearing up for the 2 hour 200km roundtrip drive to drop my solo off at Rockwise (which is a very nice service considering I don't need to wait as long with shipping).

This tolerance break is gonna do me real good...

darkrom said:
dorkus_molorkus said:

Quote-
Hi XXXX,

-end quote

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
You are correct... I bet by "organic" they probably mean "non-toxic" but then again even it was teflon would they be honest about that? Yes, we are sorry, it is toxic and you just inhaled something that will haunt you down the road? I dunno, but for the money this thing cost it should be bomb proof.

max said:
dorkus_molorkus said:
cheers,feel free to PM me if you like.
To prevent any confusion, we don't have PM here-email only.

Organic ceramic? Ceramic, by definition, is inorganic. :hmm:

vape4life,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
the whiny high pitch noise coming from my EQ

i am guessing this is from the pulse width modulator (PWM) that controls the temperature. my vape does the same thing, but you need to have extremely good ears to hear it -- not surprising most people don't notice it (too much loud rock'n'roll in the earbuds, eh?) -- there are some birds i can't hear (uh oh, getting too personal).

i read the Arizer comment that the coating is organic, not the ceramic overwhich it is laid.

Hippie Dickie,

lwien

Hippie Dickie said:
i read the Arizer comment that the coating is organic, not the ceramic overwhich it is laid.

Not how I read it:

"Very sorry to hear that. You're the fourth person to mention this. The flaking is the ceramic coating, it's organic and non toxic but it should not flake.
I've spoke to my Engineers, it's the baking process that's run too short so the ceramic didn't adhere properly ."

By using the word "organic", it seems that Arizer is attempting to put a nice, pretty bow on this, and considering the first few responses here, it seems that it may be working.

For me, my inquisitive mind can be a real drag sometimes...... :|

lwien,
Reactions: darkrom

eddyfrancis

Organic is a pretty widely used term. My guess is they are referring to the fact it was found in the earth. You are probably right in saying it's an attempt to wrap it up nice and neat so no one gets worried though.

eddyfrancis,

nr-cole

^ Inquisitive? Rather than, suspicious?

And accusatory?

Of everything?

Ever?

Arizer has been around for awhile. Why should our first response when a reputable company runs into an issue be mistrust? An issue has come up with a relatively new product and they are trying to cope with it. Mistakes made in the production process could have led to a batch of units having this problem. The same mistake may not have been made on the units they stress-tested in development. Shit happens. Maybe "organic" was a poor choice of words, but it sounds to me as if they are trying to alleviate concerns that anything toxic is getting in to the airpath.

Your "inquisitive mind" can be a real pain sometimes, and unfair to company that could simply be trying to do right by it's customers.

nr-cole,

spazo555

Just wanted to put it out there. I have had my Solo since about 1st week of July and have been using it everyday since. I am not currently experiencing these issues with organic ceramic however I will start to examine my solo more often now that it has been brought up. I hope everyone who is experiencing these issues gets hooked up with some free stuff as well as new solos with no problems. :D:peace:

spazo555,
Top Bottom