Arizer Solo

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
stickstones said:
This sure seems like an out of control shit storm for a company with a great history of excellent customer service.

Honestly, I have never heard of an Arizer customer who was unsatisfied with their customer service.

Buy a Solo and enjoy it. If you are having problems, contact Arizer directly. That's how I roll with Arizer and they ALWAYS make it good.

I think the issues most had was the uncertainty of actually having a 3 year warranty. But the way Arizer has made it seem is that no matter what price you pay for your solo, as long you have a proof of purchase that is dated, then you will be covered and taken care of. Authorized dealer or not. But it may take longer as they have been saying, but that's if you actually bother contacting the person who sold you the vape, rather than the person that made it. K.J. Has said that authorized dealers are trained to diagnose problems which could definitely be a benefit of buying from an authorized dealer.

Of course I can be completely wrong but that is just my understanding of how the warranty and the authorized dealers work.

aesthyrian,

dorkus_molorkus

charliedontsurf said:
I think I'm paying one way, they the other. I can stomach 5-20 bucks for a new Solo without electronic smells.

sweet, cant get any fairer than that. great result.

mine has arrived about 2hrs ago. It looked really well packed, but one of the stems is fractured right out of the box. :(

just a tiny little crack near the top. bit of a bummer, but not enough to get too upset about.

I have put a little bit of DBV wand hose on the end to help marry it to my waterpipe, it covers the fracture nicely & might help it last.

Any ideas on how long should I charge for before I fire it up? pretty keen to give it whirl.
it looks great, cant wait...........................

EDIT- couldnt wait, all the lights were on, nothing was flashing anymore.
So........................................................

OMFG! this thing is the ducks nuts!
I turned it on and set it to 6 ( I like it hot), put in a pinch of herb- stuck it in my glasspiece & gently pulled.
At 1st I thought it was broken, it felt like there was no airflow. very restricted.
Then the vapor came.....
cloud after cloud of milky vapor goodness that gives my DBV a good run for its money.
Had 2 stems in a 12min cycle, turned itself off just as I finished the 2nd. I am sooooo baked right now, and all for the same amount of herb I put into my DBV. (2 solo stems= 1 DBV)
Very brown & even, nicely toasted you might say (like me ATM)

In fact halfway thru the 2nd stem, I reached over and turned off my DBV.
I think my HA is now for sale, I can see how this unit could be a daily driver.
Some spare stems, a couple of those new adapters for the car n stuff & a nice carry case (aka manbag) are
on the horizon.
The restricted airflow felt like a pain for abut 3 seconds, after that too easy.

After 10mins use, well 12mins to honest.
All I can say is WOW.

dorkus_molorkus,

darkrom

Great Scott!
charliedontsurf said:
Vaporizerforweed.net are going to honor an exchange for my Solo, on the hot-transformer scent issue. I'm hoping my new Solo won't have the same issue. VFW has been a pleasure to work with.

Let us know. If you get the same smell then it is the smell I am thinking of, which seems to be the material itself.

darkrom,

dorkus_molorkus

Stu, that is an understatement.
Just did some more R&D via 2 more stems, and I cant believe that the same amount via the same waterpipe,
but just a different vape can mess my shit up so much more.

I mean this thing for me anyways, is hitting like my DBV! but its better, I think.
cant quite put my finger on how exactly.

But I am extra toasted, & very, very happy.

Wow for medicating me so well, so fast, for so little herb.
Wow for ease of use, wow that a little unit like this can hit so hard.

My only.............. concern, issue, slight curiousity might be the better word. 2stems, 1x12min cycle= 2bars of battery.
Had 2x12min sessions & put it back on charge & noticed it has used 2 bars both times.
doesnt seem to take long to recover though, 10-20mins (may have to time it later)
might give it decent go later tonight & run thru a couple of cycles.

this thing is a little hand grenade, so as has been posted before me.
If you are sitting on the fence on this one so far, do yourself a favor & grab one.

fantastic to vapebong with, hits like a champ.
I might have to get my speilberg face on & make a vid.

1st I'm going back to page one of this thread & start again.
just for funsies. :lol:

dorkus_molorkus,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Dorkus ,

I love mine so much I think I need a 2nd for the other hand. Reminiscent of nice firm, warm breasts in each hand. OMG I am going back 46 years to the mid 60's.

Seriously you will develop a technique over time and it will be fun experimenting.

Can't wait until Arizer Solo 2.0 is out and this forum could be apart of helping decide what a Solo 2.0 would L@@K like if we can play better together and the tone changes and overall credibility is maintained.

We were starting to argue like a bunch of alcoholics...get the pt.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

glaze83

Just to let you guys know the battery indicator information is not always accurate -- I've played around with the solo and kept it going on and on and it's gone 36 minutes when it indicated no battery life and it still wasn't dead.

glaze83,
dorkus_molorkus said:
Stu, that is an understatement.
Just did some more R&D via 2 more stems, and I cant believe that the same amount via the same waterpipe,
but just a different vape can mess my shit up so much more.

I mean this thing for me anyways, is hitting like my DBV! but its better, I think.
cant quite put my finger on how exactly.

But I am extra toasted, & very, very happy.

Wow for medicating me so well, so fast, for so little herb.
Wow for ease of use, wow that a little unit like this can hit so hard.

My only.............. concern, issue, slight curiousity might be the better word. 2stems, 1x12min cycle= 2bars of battery.

+1 for this. The solo gives good vapor but it taste weird and other vapes get me more medicated off the same amount of biomass.

biojuggernaut,

dorkus_molorkus

this thing is amazing. I too wish for another for my other hand, it seems like I am wasting a perfectly
good limb by not having another solo in it. LOL

seriously though, this thing is blowing my head off. 2 stems then pop it back on charge and having trouble finishing the 2nd stem. But, I have a no bowl left behind policy (very similar to my no beer left behind policy),
so I powered on and finish the 2nd bowl each time.

Jeez louise, I am pretty sure this is more efficient than my HA & packs a punch much harder than my DBV.
not as thick vapor wise as the dbv, but pretty close and more hits per herb mass.

man, I gotta go lie down, reminds me of what happens when gravity bongs for breakfast was on the menu.

Reckon, the car adapter would be needed if I went on a trip longer than a couple of hours tho.

:peace:

dorkus_molorkus,

VaphingApe415

Layman Review:
Started going HAM on solo...hits hard, temperature change with a push of ease is genius, especially considering it's a Portable.
Ground
If your using your grinder it's is a must and highly recommended a screen should be used. For time, I just popped off one of the used screen for the iolite that I had layin around. I did a nice bomb and keif combination, layered. (sour diesel and keif from the catcher). Set at three, waited till the red light stop flashing. I wasn't going to rob the first hit till it was at optimal level (red light stop flashing) but the temptation was there. Bam, nicest, thick and tastiest vape cloud off the initial draw. Bumped up to four, still ripen a decent cloud vape but more transparent. Then killed the bowl on five with lil sight of lingering transparent vape. Auto Shut off and the bowl was done; nice medium brown abv.
Solid Nuggz (preferred IMO)
This I feel is the best means to and end! No more grounding your bomb to a pulp, just pull a buger size plant material off a TOP BUD! It's the business; trust the assumption, opinion, or fact! :x the 12 min timer is an advantage to make sure I get my bugger size nugg spent. It's actually fun to crumble it after to make sure the bowl is cashed! Suprised me a couple of times because some Bowles were still green at the end, no bigggie; roll the crisp nugg till you get to the solid core and vaporize a puff or three to get it spent. I don't cook or bake so I like to cash my medz! No I don't combust on any of my vapes (iolite, solo, sometimes I use my famz cano when I house sit). I use till light brown or crispy brown; never black or charred and for the catz that like to read but never participate in the forums (excuse my back, im an early adopter, so you can wait till like the 2.5 or 4 is when you'll likely dipp in to the truth). Loved this vape, till I was deceived. Even love it more, just glad I got a complete package and got the Solo instead of a SALO or SOLA! Pako sit ya ass down, island fever. NUFF SAID. I was one of them CATS that got played on a yarn, so Fu*k ya premise if you think you know folks, remember big island, lil island!
Anyways....
Paypal sided with em, it's either they know something I don't know! Could be a reputable vendor pushing on the sidelines. CDS, say it's solid; so I'm I'm finna state MAX. "Get what you PAID for!" Please do me a favor though, even those that are skimming the forums because there is mad knowledge in this forum. Get your solo from a solid DISTRIBUTER! V4W is not the place to go, being an early adopter, get it from puffitup if your a recession buyer.
Listen to vets even though you'll will be susceptible to the childlike banter, cause if you don't digg deep then you'll be seen as a sucka, so stay SuckaFree! Pako, take it light hearted man; we human beings to (if you want to state difference big dog, I bet I vaporize finer BOMB than you)!!! For the haters reading, your welcome! If it wasn't for us early adopters then you wouldn't be knowing wsassup!

VaphingApe415,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Glad you're enjoying your Solo just as much as I do Dorkus. One of my stems had a crack just like yours on the end you put in your mouth, but mine also is to big to fit in the Solo properly.

Just contact your retailer about it. I just got word from Vaposhop yesterday that they've send me a new one which should arrive today. They didn't ask me to send in the cracked one though. I'll send them an email if they want it back or that I can keep it as a spare (it can be used carefully with the top of the Solo screwed off) as soon as I've had a chance to inspect what they've send me (not sure, but going by the sound of the email it may even be more then one new stem).

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
VaphingApe415 said:
Layman Review:
Started going HAM on solo...hits hard, temperature change with a push of ease is genius, especially considering it's a Portable.
Ground
If your using your grinder it's is a must and highly recommended a screen should be used. For time, I just popped off one of the used screen for the iolite that I had layin around. I did a nice bomb and keif combination, layered. (sour diesel and keif from the catcher). Set at three, waited till the red light stop flashing. I wasn't going to rob the first hit till it was at optimal level (red light stop flashing) but the temptation was there. Bam, nicest, thick and tastiest vape cloud off the initial draw. Bumped up to four, still ripen a decent cloud vape but more transparent. Then killed the bowl on five with lil sight of lingering transparent vape. Auto Shut off and the bowl was done; nice medium brown abv.
Solid Nuggz (preferred IMO)
This I feel is the best means to and end! No more grounding your bomb to a pulp, just pull a buger size plant material off a TOP BUD! It's the business; trust the assumption, opinion, or fact! :x the 12 min timer is an advantage to make sure I get my bugger size nugg spent. It's actually fun to crumble it after to make sure the bowl is cashed! Suprised me a couple of times because some Bowles were still green at the end, no bigggie; roll the crisp nugg till you get to the solid core and vaporize a puff or three to get it spent. I don't cook or bake so I like to cash my medz! No I don't combust on any of my vapes (iolite, solo, sometimes I use my famz cano when I house sit). I use till light brown or crispy brown; never black or charred and for the catz that like to read but never participate in the forums (excuse my back, im an early adopter, so you can wait till like the 2.5 or 4 is when you'll likely dipp in to the truth). Loved this vape, till I was deceived. Even love it more, just glad I got a complete package and got the Solo instead of a SALO or SOLA! Pako sit ya ass down, island fever. NUFF SAID. I was one of them CATS that got played on a yarn, so Fu*k ya premise if you think you know folks, remember big island, lil island!
Anyways....
Paypal sided with em, it's either they know something I don't know! Could be a reputable vendor pushing on the sidelines. CDS, say it's solid; so I'm I'm finna state MAX. "Get what you PAID for!" Please do me a favor though, even those that are skimming the forums because there is mad knowledge in this forum. Get your solo from a solid DISTRIBUTER! V4W is not the place to go, being an early adopter, get it from puffitup if your a recession buyer.
Listen to vets even though you'll will be susceptible to the childlike banter, cause if you don't digg deep then you'll be seen as a sucka, so stay SuckaFree! Pako, take it light hearted man; we human beings to (if you want to state difference big dog, I bet I vaporize finer BOMB than you)!!! For the haters reading, your welcome! If it wasn't for us early adopters then you wouldn't be knowing wsassup!

That is harder to understand each paragraph lol. Too much slang for me. I agree with getting it from a distributor and using solid nugs. Do you find any different taste when you use a larger nug without a screen compared to using a screen? I'd rather not use it, but sometimes I use ground bud too.

darkrom,

dorkus_molorkus

Just a quick testimonial regarding the efficiency of this vape.

In my relentless pursuit of R&D of the solo, I have sadly run out of herb.
Hang on, I have some ABV from my DVB that even my HA struggles to pull much of anything from.
Would it? Could it?

It fucken does! 3 really good pulls from a stem of ABV.

amazing is all I can say.

My only concern is the battery life, ran 3 cycles last night and only had 2 bars left. But I am running it on 6, and I really need to run it flat just to see how many cycles are really in it.

At the mo- I am having a stem or 2, then put it straight back on charge.
But I find I am back at it again before it fully recharges again.

Bring on the accessories forthwith. If anyone finds the adapters and such avail anywhere?? Rockwise appears to be out of stock.

Off to pack another stem, its raining today- not in the mood to renovate the house. :D

dorkus_molorkus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I don't think the battery indicator is real accurate in terms of "number of bowls left". Mine drops down pretty fast for the first 2 or 3 bowls, but when the battery reaches 2, or even 1, it seems to have no problems getting 3 or 4 more bowls. It kinda reminds of my 1968 VW bus that I drove back in the day. When I filled it up with gas, it would be down to half a tank after only 75 miles or so, but the second "half" of the tank would last for 3 times the mileage of the first "half".
:peace:

Stu,

dorkus_molorkus

LOL- I had a toyota corolla like that but the other way round. You could drive for a billion miles before the gauge moved, then it just slipped away like normal. But the last 1/3 or more of a tank just seemed to vanish.
Have a 1/4 in the tank go around the cnr to the shops & then its on E or below the red line when its time to drive home.

very strange, always had to make sure there was more than 1/2 tank at all times.

dorkus_molorkus,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Dorkus and Aesthyrian,
Thanks,
Dorkus, due to your glowing review I could not live one more day without a Solo.
Aesthyrian, after work I stopped by Embers. They hooked me up with a black Solo for $220.00 plus tax. While there I also got a pack of their smallest brass screens. First stem I took a small chunk on a screenless stem. Starting at four for three hits, three at five and three at six. Light but effective vapor all the way. A few crumbs broke loose and were inhaled. Second stem was with a screen with finely ground and gently tamped. Set at three and forget it. Needed two twelve minute sessions to fully extract. The Solo had me begging for mercy. Both stems fit loose and the draw is perfect. So far I am very, very, impressed.

chucku,

dorkus_molorkus

Glad yr a fan chucku, I know I sure am.
In fact I spent the day road testing the solo further & still cant fault it.
Due to the wet weather, & couldnt be bothered doing much else.

I had an idea, had a piece timber lying in my backyard and within 10mins of dicking around
( I am no master craftsmen)

There be the SOLO RECHARGE STATION---

sdc11553s.jpg

EDIT- it just sits in there nicely and charges away. when I want to use it, I just pull it up till the power disconnects. turn it on & let it sit there heating up. it actually rests on the charge pin, as long as I dont press down on it, it wont charge.

heats up, I use it, turn it off when done. Just place it back in the SOLO STATION, a slight wiggle & the pin finds the point on the bottom of the solo, press down gently, beep, charging away.

awesome, very low tech, but works like a charm.

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, I like your docking station, nice!

Battery time might get a little better still, since your unit is fairly new and charged just a few times.

OhTheAgony,

August West

You've turned your Solo into a LOG vape. :lol:

Very cool idea for your charging station.

If anybody is reading this thread and considering buying one....What are you waiting for??? The reviews are in.... this thing ROCKS!!!

August West,

darkrom

Great Scott!
That is as simplistic as it gets lol. Too out of place for my room, but hilarious and free. I just charge mine laying down on the rug lol.

While I'm at it I should ask, what surfaces (if any) are unsafe to put a freshly charged solo/stem on? I don't like throwing it on carpet or really anything until it cools, but ive put a hot stem on the carpet and watched it the whole time to see what would happen lol. Nothing, no burns or anything, but any definitive info would be nice. I don't want to start a fire, but at the same time if holding it until it cools is overkill, I'd rather not do that anymore either.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
August West said:

If anybody is reading this thread and considering buying one....What are you waiting for??? The reviews are in.... this thing ROCKS!!!

IMO the only reason anyone who wants a portable doesn't own this already is because they are busy selling their organs to pay for it. That being said if mine got lost or stolen, I'd absolutely see it worth buying a replacement immediately while using my MFLB to hold me over. The MFLB is the perfect companion to this vape. Anyone who can afford a solo should have a MFLB to team up with it. I will hit my solo on the way to the very special movie I'm seeing tonight, and then when I'm in the theater if I feel the need to "top off" I can pull out my trusty MFLB. I'm comfortable using MFLB in a theater, but I'd rather not use my solo there.

darkrom,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
August West said:

Simple, I don't like the temperature profile this offers. Otherwise yes, it seems to be a very good vaporizer.

Tom

tdavie,

darkrom

Great Scott!
tdavie said:
August West said:

Simple, I don't like the temperature profile this offers. Otherwise yes, it seems to be a very good vaporizer.

Tom

What temp do you prefer to vape at? I thought this thing was a pretty good range of temps? :/

darkrom,
Top Bottom