Arizer Solo

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Oh dear, my mistake, it wasn't until post #88 that it was spelled out in detail.

You should be able to find out by asking the dealer. CDS was lied to, so he says, which if true might get him some sympathy had he simply contacted Arizer instead of making a sarcastic post here. Then again, I still believe he knew full well what the policy was, and therefore should have been tipped off by the pricing.

Calling for a list of authorized dealers is a red herring, since the policy clearly states a minimum advertised price for authorized dealers. If the price is below that, the dealer isn't authorized. How hard is that to grasp?

pakalolo,

dorkus_molorkus

well then that cleared that right up then. Yes, I cant see how anyone could have possibly missed that.

Sorry CDS, obviously this is all of your own making cause you didnt read post #88 clearly enough.
It has been made it very clear its all your own fault & having someone point out the error of your ways
cause you didnt read post #88 is part of your punishment.

FFS- yep, you have now made your point. I hope you feel much better now.

CDS, hang in there dude & pls keep us informed.

dorkus_molorkus,

vape4life

Banned for life
It only comes off the top of the unit... if I sniff it it's very strong, but even if it's just sitting in the room heating up it will stink like that hot electronics smell.

I feel ripped off because I see some other people hear have the same smell, and for those that don't i'm guessing you just haven't put as many miles on it ... why else and what else would explain that some do and some don't if they all use the same insulation?

My EQ NEVER smelled upon warm up or anything... and if I sniffed it it also didn't smell so i'm not sure. I still wanna do a complete overhaul on this thing with some compressed air and a touch of iso, but i'm not too confident the smell will disappear....will keep you guys posted.

I can't live without a vape, so sending it back is not a great option for me....damn, I knew I shoulda just threw the EQ in the closet instead of selling to a buddy! lol

The unit still certainly performs, and the odour is my only real complaint.

glaze83 said:
Is the smell more distinct at the top or bottom of the unit

vape4life,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
pakalolo said:
WatTyler said:
Are they just in cahoots with Rockwise on this to get lots of early, overpriced sales there ? I'm never going to be a Rockwise customer becuase they charge their customers excessive and exploitative prices...

Oh really? Justification, please. Rockwise is a reliable well-respected vendor with lots of happy customers. He offers FC members a discount and as an authorized dealer, complies with Arizer's pricing policy. How is that "excessive and exploitative"? It's your choice not to buy from Rockwise, or for that matter from Arizer if you think they overprice their products, but if you make an accusation like that in a public forum then you should back it up with some substance. Let's see it.

Edited to fix a typo...
Yes 'Oh really'.

Just look at the website for your evidence. FC Discount doesn't mean shit to me. I wanted a case for my Solo. Rockwise want in total over $55 dollars for this. I got the same from VaporGenie for $20, still with transatlantic shipping. Therefore I find Rockwise to be EXCESSIVE cost wise. Same goes for a 12v 1A DC charging transformer, or the 9v ?A heater transformer. Elsewhere I wont get shafted on buying these products, but until I am told the specifications, which to date Arizer have kept quiet for the heating transformer, then I can not purchase this elsewhere. EXPLOITATIVE? I certainly believe so- I have already invested lots of money in my Solo, at least tell me how to power it without shopping at Rockwise. And this was the main point of evidence I made in my post in question if you had bothered to read it properly before getting so defensive- I can offer no further evidence that the facts themselves, presented in that post. My business won't go there, and I can not recommend it to others. You can have whatever opinion you want. I dont care to discuss it any further with you.

edit
pakalolo said:
Calling for a list of authorized dealers is a red herring, since the policy clearly states a minimum advertised price for authorized dealers. If the price is below that, the dealer isn't authorized. How hard is that to grasp?
Rubbish. So if the price is MAP, then the dealer is automatically authorised? I doubt it. A list is the least consumers are entitled to

WatTyler,

August West

No need to get pissy people. We are all in this together. That's why we post on here to help each other out and keep others informed right?. All I know is that I got my Solo in late June and now it's mid August and I've been using it EVERY day since and I HAVE NEVER EVER been able to smell any sort of odor coming from my unit that wasn't coming from the delicious herb that I just put inside. Mine has been used alot and I just can't seem to smell any electrical odor at all. From what I've read so far.....that is what most Solo users are describing so far. I'm not doubting those that have had problems....if you smell that electrical smell then you definitely have a problem.
What I want to know is.....Have you contacted Arizer directly??? What has been their response? Start at the top and try to make it right. I would suggest leaving any attitude at the door when you do finally speak to them....just explain the problem and see what they say. Word of mouth especially in today's world of Social Media and Knowledgeable Boards like this one make a big difference to smart companies. One customer with a problem can make others aware of it in an instant these days.

I really think that's why O&B who make the Iolite ended up changing their warranty policy because in the end it was the consumer who bought their product that was losing, not the unauthorized retailers selling their products.

Just a thought.

Also you can't really expect a company to just tell you what power transformers will work in their products so you can find a cheaper one that may or may not work like they intended it to. That's up to us to figure that one out I believe and thanks to FC members with electronics backgrounds that seems to be happening. I would like to see ALL ARIZER ACCESORIES available at other retailers besides Rockwise that is for sure....competition is good for the marketplace and the consumer in the end.

August West,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
vape4life said:
It only comes off the top of the unit... if I sniff it it's very strong, but even if it's just sitting in the room heating up it will stink like that hot electronics smell.

I feel ripped off because I see some other people hear have the same smell, and for those that don't i'm guessing you just haven't put as many miles on it ... why else and what else would explain that some do and some don't if they all use the same insulation?

My EQ NEVER smelled upon warm up or anything... and if I sniffed it it also didn't smell so i'm not sure. I still wanna do a complete overhaul on this thing with some compressed air and a touch of iso, but i'm not too confident the smell will disappear....will keep you guys posted.

I can't live without a vape, so sending it back is not a great option for me....damn, I knew I shoulda just threw the EQ in the closet instead of selling to a buddy! lol

glaze83 said:

It's very unfortunate that your unit seems faulty and I understand your (and CHarlie's) frustration, but I think you're jumping to conclusions a little too fast. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think so far only you and Charlie have reported a funny smell, it's very well possible you both have bad luck and just gotten lemons. If it is a structual weakness time will probably tell soon enough, but it's just to early to tell yet.

As far as selling your other vape this fast, that was a risk you took yourself. No judgement there, my SSV will be gone tomorrow so I'm taking the same risk myself, but still, you (we) would probably have been wiser to wait a little longer to test this newbie out a little more before getting rid of our trusty vapes.

I do hope this gets resolved quickly though, good luck & please keep us posted!

OhTheAgony,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Ok so I still ask. Where is this list of authorized retailers? If I don't have a list from Arizer than I am just putting faith into the company selling the products. There is no reason I should have to take that chance, just tell me where I can buy this thing and not get fucked...

According to everything Pako said, any discount means they are not authorized. So Puffitup is not authorized since I can get it there for $445 with the FC discount? Seriously, Arizer is not helping one bit to explain clearly who is an authorized dealer. Until they tell the consumer who they can safely buy their product from then I think they should stop the games and cover every unit, or make a god damn list already.

Is it that hard to get a simple list? Come on...

aesthyrian,

August West

Aesthyrian have you emailed Arizer and asked for a list of authorized retailers? Are they ignoring your emails? Just Curious.

I just went to a couple of vaporizer websites myself before writing this. It seems like the decent retailers that are offering this have warranty policy stated on their websites.

Puffitup states..."Each unit comes with a 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty that covers any defect related to the heating element."
Also the price listed is $289. They have a coupon code entry on the website but I don't know what it is.

Vaporizerforweed sends you to another link which has a 25% discount bringing their price to $224.99 HOWEVER...they seem to have no wording on any warranty policy other than a symbol that says 1 year warranty at the top of the page. The Solo is supposed to have a 2 year warranty so already that seems not right. Although the battery warranty is one year.

It seems I would go with the vaporizer sites that FC members and mods recommend most when buying something if you want that trusted seller verification.

I still haven't heard if anyone has gotten ANY sort of communication back from Arizer when dealing with warranty issues? I know this thing is so new that I don't think it's been an issue yet. The couple of people that have had problems and the others that are upset about authorized dealers....I am still waiting to hear what Arizer has said to you when you have contacted them.

I remember rockwise in a way earlier post saying...
"Arizer is individually serializing every unit, tracking distribution, and clamping down on the minimum advertised pricing so all retailers will service their customers properly. Don't expect to see cheap one's on eBay anytime soon... or at all..."

Well cheap ones are showing up aren't they......but they are still legitimate products so what does Arizer say? I don't know....but has anybody asked?
Maybe my short term memory isn't so good anymore and I should go back and read those earlier posts...but then I think why bother because I've wasted enough time on this already. LOL

Time to go pack another tube and then put it on charge for later......:p

August West,

vape4life

Banned for life
Perhaps, but I figured it was safe to sell the EQ after the solo performed properly for a month but I guess I shoulda waited longer. It's just kinda depressing when mostly everyone else doesn't emit the same odour. I am waiting for a reply from arizer.

OhTheAgony said:
vape4life said:

glaze83 said:

It's very unfortunate that your unit seems faulty and I understand your (and CHarlie's) frustration, but I think you're jumping to conclusions a little too fast. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think so far only you and Charlie have reported a funny smell, it's very well possible you both have bad luck and just gotten lemons. If it is a structual weakness time will probably tell soon enough, but it's just to early to tell yet.

As far as selling your other vape this fast, that was a risk you took yourself. No judgement there, my SSV will be gone tomorrow so I'm taking the same risk myself, but still, you (we) would probably have been wiser to wait a little longer to test this newbie out a little more before getting rid of our trusty vapes.

I do hope this gets resolved quickly though, good luck & please keep us posted!

vape4life,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
For the smell issue, I noticed in the pictures of the internals that glazed posted, that the wires from the battery etc. seem to not be tied down and perhaps on some units have shifted and are now in contact with a hot surface causing the smell. If CDS or vape4life could open theirs up and take a look we would know for sure.

DeepFried,

vape4life

Banned for life
I really don't wanna open it up especially if I'm sending this to arizer for warranty. The smell doesn't smell like a plastic offgass either, just that hot insulation smell.

DeepFried said:
For the smell issue, I noticed in the pictures of the internals that glazed posted, that the wires from the battery etc. seem to not be tied down and perhaps on some units have shifted and are now in contact with a hot surface causing the smell. If CDS or vape4life could open theirs up and take a look we would know for sure.

vape4life,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
dorkus_molorkus said:
well then that cleared that right up then. Yes, I cant see how anyone could have possibly missed that.

Sorry CDS, obviously this is all of your own making cause you didnt read post #88 clearly enough.
It has been made it very clear its all your own fault & having someone point out the error of your ways
cause you didnt read post #88 is part of your punishment.

FFS- yep, you have now made your point. I hope you feel much better now.

CDS, hang in there dude & pls keep us informed.

If you had bothered to look it is blatantly obvious that charliedontsurf knew about and understood the policy: post #97.

I don't feel better at all. I feel annoyed that people post here and apply terms like shady, ripped off, exploitative, etc. to a company that has a huge number of posts here praising them for quality of both manufacturing and service, all excused by "It's my opinion."

aesthyrian said:
Ok so I still ask. Where is this list of authorized retailers? If I don't have a list from Arizer than I am just putting faith into the company selling the products. There is no reason I should have to take that chance, just tell me where I can buy this thing and not get fucked...

While I agree that Arizer could help a lot by providing such a list, I don't agree at all that "There is no reason [you] should have to take that chance" of "putting faith into the company selling the products." It's up to you as a buyer to make sure you understand what you're doing. That's what "Caveat emptor" is all about. You can ask the dealer. You can ask Arizer. You're supposed to inform yourself. There is nothing in our market system that requires the manufacturer to spoon-feed you.

pakalolo,
Pak, VFW.net told members of this forum they were authorized dealers. Now maybe we should of called up Arizer to verify that, and someone eventually did and debunked it. I don't see why post 97 submarines me. I was aware of the warranty issues, and bought from a place which claimed to be on the good side of schism.

Vape4Life, same argument - you are incorrect, respectfully.

And Arizer should provide a list. They should also reappear in this forum now their product is actually launched, not just show up here for a week or two in order to promote it. We want SUPPORT not PROMOTION.

:peace:

charliedontsurf,

lwien

A list will NEVER happen. Distribution channels are changing all the time. New distributors are put on and others taken off for various reasons. It would be an ever changing list.

There is SUCH an easy solution to all this. All one has to do is to contact Arizer with the name of the distributor that you are thinking of buying it from and ask them if they are authorized or not. The contact info is here: http://arizer.com/contact.html

From everything that I have heard, they will respond within 24 hours.

lwien,

dorkus_molorkus

I contacted arizer a bit back regarding warranty & non-authorized sellers.

here whats thay said

''You will have a manufacturerswarranty with your unit but if purchased from a person/company that is not an AuthorizedArizerDistributor it can sometimes take a long time to received any service/support from them as they are not AuthorizedDistributors. So if you have any problems down the road and you require service/support from them it may take a long time or sometimes they are gone (fly by night companies). You will need to retain the dated proof of purchase (dated sales receipt) for any warranty work as well.''

So, once again good luck CDS, pls keep us informed.

QUOTE CDS ''I was aware of the warranty issues, and bought from a place which claimed to be on the good side of schism.''
CDS thats exactly how I interpreted it that these issues did not pertain to V4W.net because they werre an auth reseller, and was more directed towards ebay sellers.

QUOTE PAK-''You're supposed to inform yourself. There is nothing in our market system that requires the manufacturer to spoon-feed you.''
If that info appears to be too difficult to find, I for one will spend elsewhere. If giving your customers the info required to make an informed purchase regarding your product is too much trouble & constitutes spoon feeding, then again my $$$ will go elsewhere.

So, yes you can ''buyer beware'' as much as you like. Perhaps, beware of the buyers that take their $$$ elsewhere is more apt. its a two way streeet here.

I only come here because I have found it to be the most pleasant, least combative forum about. I have found some very compassionate members who just love to help & just seem to be nice peeps all round.

If I have a problem whether or not its of my own making or not, I ceratinly hope there will be some members
that would be able to help without the hostile 'I told you so's'.
cause that sort of shit really helps the situation................... not.

dorkus_molorkus,

lwien

dorkus_molorkus said:

Did you ask them specifically about a specific distributor or was it a general question? By the answer that they gave you, it sounds like a general question, but if in fact you asked about a specific retailer and they provided you with the answer you stated above, than they did not answer your question and it deservers to be asked again.

The vaporizer industry is in it's infancy and as such, manufacturers are trying to get a handle on their goods that are being sold sideways to alternate distribution channels. This is called "gray market" goods and can really pose a problem for manufactures, especially in a young industry such as this. The reason why they are trying to maintain a certain pricing structure is to support those dealers who are purchasing their product directly from them. The legit dealers are tying to maintain a certain profit margin so that the Arizer line remains viable and Arizer is trying to support them in this effort and one of the primary ways to control this is to discourage consumers from purchasing their products from those that are selling "gray market" goods.

So I say again, contact them directly with the name of a specific distributor BEFORE you make your purchase to make sure that they are in fact, authorized. If Arizer refuses to answer you question directly, than you have a very legitimate beef. I, for one, would very much like to hear what happens with this, one way or the other.

dorkus_molorkus said:
I only come here because I have found it to be the most pleasant, least combative forum about. I have found some very compassionate members who just love to help & just seem to be nice peeps all round.

btw, one can be combative AND compassionate with a desire to help. These traits are not mutually exclusive and if anything, I put myself in the above category (along with some others here), for I've been known to be combative as hell but with the intent to help, however, being nice is a whole other story. ;)

lwien,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
That's fine for us on here in the know. And does Arizer really want to answer an email from every potential customer? Easier surely to provide a list, no? But I care not, I have my Solo. And it's Authorised. So I'm just saying.

pakalolo said:
I don't feel better at all. I feel annoyed that people post here and apply terms like shady, ripped off, exploitative, etc. to a company that has a huge number of posts here praising them for quality of both manufacturing and service, all excused by "It's my opinion."
Boo hoo. Dry your eyes

It's the ethos, not manufacturing or service that's the problem. I don't see the same levelled at magic flight. Lessons should be taken. MF manage to maintain a healthy MAP, and still have great company ethos and clear and simple warranty policy.... and happy, satisfied, grateful customers.

WatTyler,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
I point no fingers or make no accusations so please don't rip me in my effort to just make sense of the smell issue.

I had a very similar odor develop out of the blue on my air band transceiver radio. I may have had it too close to a CFL desk lamp and overheated the battery while charging but I think that probably was not the problem. I had to order and replace the battery pack and when I did the elect odor went away. Granted I was not directly inhaling the smell of the handheld radio but it got me to thinking perhaps this is end stage or even early stage battery failure.

I usually vape on 3 or 4 and then recharge after about 3-4 12 min sessions. I tried pre-heating at 7 before as someone recommended, bringing it down to 3 before loading a bowl and never saw a whole lot of performance enhancement (the Solo not me) so I no longer do that. I do think that the Solo performs best on about the 2nd or 3rd bowl, about the time there is heat in and around the upper part of Solo as you grasp it but now I am getting off issue a bit.

My point is, can the Solo be over charged or does it just take what it needs and shuts off? Is it ok to leave it plugged into the wall after the solid green charge lite comes on. NOT saying these guys have over charged their units but I would like to visit this issue of charging so I will turn it over to one of the electronics guys on here as well as the guys in the know on Solo batteries

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

lwien

On second thought, achhh..........nevermind. (deleted the post here that was here originally) :/

lwien,

poonman

1. If you are a con-artist or scammer selling this and when asked upon,
"are you authorized .... " What do you think their con reply will be ?
2. We all just want to be heard and share our experiences ( good or bad ),
and possibly in turn help others who are into vaping . (thank you FC )
3. Maybe a little less negativity and a little more understanding and support for
these 2 and we'll have a positive outcome .

Now if you'll excuse me ,
I have to climb off my High Horse and take an odorless dump .

:Mflb:,NO2,VC

poonman,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
I have had my Solo for a couple of weeks. I have no marks or scrapes on the case as some guys have mention so at the very least I have taken very good care in it's handling. Having said all this, I notice that the serial number on the bottom is wearing off the label and in a few more weeks my guess is the serial number will be illegible. Wasn't this thing of warranty and authorized vendors supposedly all connected to the serial number. What now, will Arizer want-proof of purchase or just no warranty if they can't read the serial number?

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Willeh

After some testing with my old extreme Q at my friends house, I can assure you the smell my solo makes is the same smell as my extreme currently makes, and I'm almost certain it is the smell of the heater insulation fabric as I've changed it and noticed the smell more strongly immediately after a change (due to broken heater cover). It's distinctly familiar and I can't say it's anywhere near the sour smells of burning rubber or plastic, and it doesn't smell too 'toxic'. I wonder if arizer would answer what this 'heat resistant' fabric is made out of, to provide some more answers?

In other news, my solo served me wonderfully for an out of town trip with my girlfriend for our anniversary. Tons of clean vapor on the hotel balcony, in the car, out and about, and even in vapor lounges where volcanos were available; the solo was the thicker tastier vapor. I hope this smell is nothing more serious than just a smell, It is faint enough I can not even detect in in a hit. I still find the solo without a bong to be the fullest flavour out of any vaporizer due to thickness and closeness to the tongue. The ergonomics are so perfect too- if it's just a harmless smell that's there when you're sticking your nose up to it I'll be fine with that.

Oh, and I haven't been able to keep my solo free of dings and scratches. It has plenty of character nowadays!

Willeh,

dorkus_molorkus

Hi, I did ask specifically about V4W.net

here is the email in its entireity, my apologies for not including it the 1st time. (vapedface)

Hello XXXX,

Thank you for your email.

I have checked and vaporizerforweed.net is Not an Authorized Arizer Distributor, but I think you have been misinformed.

You will have a manufacturerswarranty with your unit but if purchased from a person/company that is not an AuthorizedArizerDistributor it can sometimes take a long time to received any service/support from them as they are not AuthorizedDistributors. So if you have any problems down the road and you require service/support from them it may take a long time or sometimes they are gone (fly by night companies). You will need to retain the dated proof of purchase (dated sales receipt) for any warranty work as well.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Best Regards

lwien said:
dorkus_molorkus said:

Did you ask them specifically about a specific distributor or was it a general question? By the answer that they gave you, it sounds like a general question, but if in fact you asked about a specific retailer and they provided you with the answer you stated above, than they did not answer your question and it deservers to be asked again.

The vaporizer industry is in it's infancy and as such, manufacturers are trying to get a handle on their goods that are being sold sideways to alternate distribution channels. This is called "gray market" goods and can really pose a problem for manufactures, especially in a young industry such as this. The reason why they are trying to maintain a certain pricing structure is to support those dealers who are purchasing their product directly from them. The legit dealers are tying to maintain a certain profit margin so that the Arizer line remains viable and Arizer is trying to support them in this effort and one of the primary ways to control this is to discourage consumers from purchasing their products from those that are selling "gray market" goods.

So I say again, contact them directly with the name of a specific distributor BEFORE you make your purchase to make sure that they are in fact, authorized. If Arizer refuses to answer you question directly, than you have a very legitimate beef. I, for one, would very much like to hear what happens with this, one way or the other.

dorkus_molorkus said:

btw, one can be combative AND compassionate with a desire to help. These traits are not mutually exclusive and if anything, I put myself in the above category (along with some others here), for I've been known to be combative as hell but with the intent to help, however, being nice is a whole other story. ;)
EDIT- Iwien, well said and duly noted. I appreciate the context in which you laid that out, very concise.
cheers

dorkus_molorkus,

lwien

Cheers back at ya, and thanks for posting that up in it's entirety. You asked Arizer about a specific distributor and they answered you with what you needed to know. I suggest to anyone else that may be reading this thread to do the same if you plan on purchasing your vape and you know not if the distributor is in fact authorized or not.

lwien,
Top Bottom