Arizer Solo

drewper

darkrom said:
tdavie said:
August West said:
You've turned your Solo into a LOG vape. :lol:

Very cool idea for your charging station.

If anybody is reading this thread and considering buying one....What are you waiting for??? The reviews are in.... this thing ROCKS!!!

Simple, I don't like the temperature profile this offers. Otherwise yes, it seems to be a very good vaporizer.

Tom

What temp do you prefer to vape at? I thought this thing was a pretty good range of temps? :/

A lot of people enjoy the temperature attained at 3-4.

drewper,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
darkrom said:
What temp do you prefer to vape at? I thought this thing was a pretty good range of temps? :/

Somewhere between 100C and 150C usually, so I've passed on the Solo so far.

Doesn't mean I don't want it; I just haven't found a justification that would allow me to buy it, since I doubt I would use it.

Tom

tdavie,

BossBrew

Metalhead
My bubbler came in today and I must say it compliments my Arizer Solo perfectly! I don't have a fancy docking station like some others but it gets the job done.

4Q3D9.jpg

I'm getting thick and tasty hits with this thing on 3-4. The bubbler was certainly a great investment. Stu was right, this thing mates with the Arizer Solo perfectly with a 18-14 adapter!

BossBrew,
Tdavie, the 2 setting is quite satisfying for me for direct inhale, and doesn't really seem too hot in my opinion. I'd put it at like 340 F, just pulling it out of my ass. I admit I wouldn't mind a like 1.8 setting in the perfect world, but the two setting is just fine for low temperature clouds. I start at 2 and go to 3, maybe 4 for direct inhale, 3-6 for water pipe usage.

Using a dual screen setup in the stem will keep the herbal material from falling into the actual chamber, lowering temperatures dramatically.

I do think the Temperatures on the Solo could of been tweaked somewhat. For instance, I think setting 1 would be useless for hops, while setting 2 would be far too hot.

charliedontsurf,

August West

I understand Tdavie....I've heard others wish there were more lower temp settings on the solo. I will never understand what the 1 temp setting is used for??? 50 celsius doesn't do much good for anything does it? Why not have the 1 temp start between 100 and 150. That would give the low temperature vapists a setting too. Just a thought? There must be a reason they start at 50. Any guesses?

August West,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I think they use the 50 setting to show that the device can be used for aromatherapy (which is a total joke, but I get it). They just used the same lowest temperature that the Extremes have to be consistent.

:2c:

Stu,

GoGlass

Hello to all FC Users,

Here is my short review of the Solo after 20 days of use.

In one word : A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I have put my ExtremeQ, my VaporGenies and my VripTech HW in the cellar !!!

I use it at Level 5 or 6 for thick clouds, and at Level 4 for sweet clouds.

I grind the herb and i pack it with my finger. I also use a screen.
If you don't use screen, you will swallow sometimes littles particules.
If you don't grind you herb, it will work, but it will be unevenly cooked, but you can stir if you want.

I have measured the Battery life many times : i have exactly 10 cycles of 12 minutes (yep 2 hours) AT LEVEL 5.

For me it's equal at 2 days of normal use, so it's ok for me.

With my Solo, i have two stems. The two fits loosely. If someone also have a doubt about the debate of looser/tighter stems here is the answer from Arizer :

"The airflow works in two ways, first, through the holes on the cap inside the unit and up through the heater, and second, around the bat into the heater. A tighter fitting bat will restrictthe airflow to only through the heater, which makes it harder to draw vapor through the Aroma tube, so a looser fitting Aroma Tube is more ideal for functional purposes."

So looser is better.... But i don't like the fact that the stem is spinning... so i have planned to buy special silicon (Max temp 260C !) and to put two littles bands on the stem.
These two bands will stop the stem to spin, but will don't restrict the airflow....

So for me the Cons are :

- Stem look like a Crack pipe....
- You have to stir, just one time, but you have to stir for perfect extraction.
- Bowl is just a little too small for me

Pros are too numerous :

- Zero Learning Curve
- Very Portative
- Efficient as other "Big" Vapes (Volcano, etc...)

and the best news :

- You can VAPORIZE KIEF! Yep just put that green/yellow/brown powder of your grinder/pollinator, pack it tightly in the stem...Go at Level 5.....and Whaouuu!!!
So Strong !!! So Tasty !! Incredible !! Never seen that with another vape !!!!!!! It's so intense that i cant't finish one bowl with a 12 mins cycle !!!!!!
Every clouds are equals and very thicks, and you have so many tokes !!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i know a glass blower and i want to 'optimize' the stem, so he makes me 2 news stems for my solo :

[img=3stems]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/IMAG0068.jpg[/img]

No, you dont dream, the first stem on the Left is a stem for the Solo with a Glassonglass 14.4 attachment!!!!
Here is it with my double bubbler bong :
[img=4stems]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/IMAG0081.jpg[/img]

The second stem is a modified version of the orginal (which is on the right). It has a bigger bowl, and 4 holes instead of 2 in the original stem :
[img=4stems]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/IMAG0070.jpg[/img]

Note also the 'more mouthpiece shape' :
[img=4stems]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/IMAG0074.jpg[/img]

Very cute , and good idea ? Not so sure, i don't know why but this new stem with the 4 holes and the bigger bowl is less efficency than the original one....
Grrrrrrr. Maybe too much holes, maybe the size of the bowl ? I will continue to try different design and keep you informed of my researches......

GoGlass,
Knowing glassblowers (or doing it yourself) is awesome. The gong stem is awesome, but one without a bend would allow you to just park the Solo on top of a vertically oriented joint if you wanted.

A member actually broke out the holes on their stock stem a little and noted that the increased airflow made it hit not as well, with I recall a real drop in heat retention. The restricted flow seems to be a very important part of the stem design.

charliedontsurf,

smokecity

I just purchased an enercell 150W 3-Outlet Power Inverter for my car and it actually charges the solo. I tested it for 1 minute and it charged my unit before I unplugged it. My question is would I be doing any harm to my solo in the long run?

Here are the specs

- 150-watts continuous 12VDC to 115VAC power inverter
- 300W peak power for one cycle
- Output voltage 115VAC RMS +-10VAC, 5VDC +-0.25VDC

I am not a techy by any means so any help would be appreciated it.

pRS1-6969150w345.jpg

smokecity,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Loving the custom made stems!

I'm the one that slightly enlargend the holes of one of my Solo stems. I can imagine that 4 holes would result in to much air flow for the Solo, as I already noticed a drop in performance with my enlarged holes. Appearantly it's designed like it is for a reason.

I have to disagree with your exeprience with ungrounded weed though. I've tried grinding it many times but I actually prefer unground weed in the Solo. I have no problems getting it cooked even that way just by flipping over the nug on it's other side once. A grounded bowl seems to be spend quicker even, I like how long a nug can last on 7, getting every last bit of vapor out of it.

@ Smokecity:

That charger seems fine for your Solo. You could keep an eye on it if they don't get to hot (the charger as well as the Solo), but I don't think there are any risks as long as the polarity matches (which it does, otherwise you wouldn't be able to charge it).

OhTheAgony,

GoGlass

Hi CDS and OhTheAgony, effectively i noticed that in the world of vaporization, when you have too much airflow, it hit not as well.... Thanks !!! So i'am gonna make new stems.....with 2 holes ......
Yep the design seems to be carefuly studied...... but i would love to try biggers bowls......

CDS you've right and i'm so stupid, a stem without a bend would be better for Gong connection,why i don't realize that ?!!! I will make this new stem in September.....

OhThe Agony, for the ungrounded weed in the Solo, maybe i will try again but at higher temp.

Stu, i'am working on a mini-stem for the Solo, maybe like this one:

[img=Flux]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/IMAG0084.jpg[/img]

After i will paint it in black, with a high temp paint.

Maybe after all, i can use this with a silicon tube, or the mouthpiece of the WISPR.....
If i am not dreaming too much, maybe i can have in the future something more discrete for transport, like this :

[img=FluxB bt]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/Image1.jpg[/img]

What do you think ?

GoGlass,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm not to sure about the paint (I'd be worried that it might chip off and make it look ugly) and I really like the feel of a glass mouthpiece, but I do like your creativity and I hope you just keep trying out things like you're doing now. Is that a standard size glass tubing you use for these btw, or do you just modify original Solo stems?

I prefer to start at 4 with the whole nugs and then take it up to five after 2 or 3 hits till vapor density becomes a little less before flipping it, hit it some more on 5 and then go up to 6 and 7 myself. But perhaps it's just a matter of personal preference, idk. I always use a bong btw, except to empty out the last (thinner) hits on 7.

A 'fatty' wand would be nice to have for some occasions, but I'm pretty happy with the bowl size myself. I just finish 2 or 3 of 'm if I feel like it :lol:

Also, I finally recieved my replacement stem from Vaposhop today! It took a little longer then I'd like but I guess that's just a consequence of being an early adopter, since they didn't have the stems in stock yet when I first discovered the problem. And it looks like they tried to make up for that because they send me two stems instead of one and also included a pretty nice metal grinder as well. Now I can finally use my Solo with the cap screwed on again and have some spare stems as well for a little extra piece of mind.

I'm happy :D

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

wow the homemade accessories are awesome! This thing just screams ''accessorise me''.
went looking for a travel bag today. no luck yet, but we'll see'.

made some adjustments to the ''SOLO STATION'' & It may sound a bit silly, but having a sort of a dock make it all a bit simpler & easier. (as it should I guess ala IPOD etc)

I made a bit of wood that holds it all & recharges at the same time. nice

This thing is a marketers dream, imagine what the possibilities are for this vape and its add ons.

Just a further update to my personal solo experience-
I have smacked the shit out of this thing in the last 24hrs, and have blown thru about 5grams in short order.
This machine takes it, & takes it & then smacks you in the ass right back. Now understanding that I vapebong exclusivley, I cant talk about direct draw or any other method.

I only vapebong, a cloud-chasing crazed mad pothead that till recently thought that 4-5 bucket(gravity) bongs for breakfast daily for 15 yrs was the only thing that hit my spot.
well, this shit is awesome. A bit of glass & a hard hittin vape like the solo.

sheet, it be the best thing ever.

I have been a total pig in the last 24hrs & all I wanna do is buy another one! maybe 2, just in case the others fuck up. I have put my DVB away, my HA is for sale, All I hope is that the battery will put up a decent life expectantcy before replacement is needed.

If we can say in 12mths time that the battery is still performing to the daily rigours of the likes of myself
& my medicinal requirements.

mark my words- The SOLO will be a giant killer.

@Bossbrew- thats a mighty nice looking bubbler you got there. pity no one sells them here in oz. I doubt I could justify such a fine piece to my wife anyway. me jealous much- :p

congrats ARIZER- if your product can handle the day to day requirements as a daily driver for the likes of myself- OMG! you have just changed the way this game is played.

I aint selling my DBV yet, but the HA is a goner for sure. I will buy another SOLO, I think, but where are the accessories, spares etc?
Pls take my $$$$, just someone have it in stock, pls take my money.

Or I guess I could make my own............ or check out some electronic stores for adapters n stuff.
find some local blowers for stems with GonG joints etc
I made my own recharging dock in 1hr, surely the other info isnt that hard to find. ( & trust me I'm an idiot regarding DIY stuff)

Or if a website had them for sale and IN STOCK, I could buy them there. that would be cool, HINT, HINT

:peace:

dorkus_molorkus,

dorkus_molorkus

OhTheAgony said:
5 grams in 24 hours, that's at least 50 stems, right? :cool:

Hat's off dude :)

yep, that would be correct, all in the interst of R&D Im sure you understand.

vaped much, lots even
plus Im aussie, I drink like a fish as well.

gotta go sleepie bo-bo's.............. solo rocks, get one.......run. dont walk...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

50stems ,24hrs, + gazillion beers= bit messed up.

HAPPY CUSTOMER TY ARIZER

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I can smoke 5 grams without problem, but vaping 50 stems would take me around a 1000 minutes or so :o

It was nice of you to put yourself through that just to help better this community though, it is appreciated.

Night bro ;)

OhTheAgony,
OhTheAgony said:
I can smoke 5 grams without problem, but vaping 50 stems would take me around a 1000 minutes or so :o

It was nice of you to put yourself through that just to help better this community though, it is appreciated.

Night bro ;)

I'd fall asleep before I'd finish.

biojuggernaut,

smokecity

@OhTheAgony. Appreciated bro.

@GoGlass You are a very lucky man being able to have someone making your glass. Cheers to you sir!!!

smokecity,

mongrel

still reckon the solo is tops. the 2 major changes i'd like to see. one of course longer battery life but naturally improved battery technology will be sure to improve this.
the biggie for me is a tiny led on the top of the unit indicating if it is still on or off. quite a few times i've been giving the solo a blow job only to find it's turned off when i get no steam... annoying!

mongrel,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I put the beeps back on on mine for that exact same reason :lol:

Please no more LED's for me though, there already are so many on the front..

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom