1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Arizer Solo

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Rockwise, May 27, 2011.

1. VapeVoice

VapeVoice Well-Known Member

Underdog Log Vape.... Its my home unit as well. But, my Solo is my travel vape and I love it. The Pax has become my new portable/stealth option though.

2. ataxian

ataxian California

The PAX is for Flowers?

3. VAPORIZER22

VAPORIZER22 Well-Known Member

You should be able to find the car charger on most sites that sell the Solo. PV has them for $20 plus shipping and puffitup has them for $29 with free shipping

4. mvapes

mvapes Surrounded by the healthy!

The Underdog dude - in my house its the coughenator! :rockon:

charliedontsurf likes this.
  5. wootze

wootze Well-Known Member

Is the $150 deal on Amazon? Authorized dealer?

6. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Uniquely

7. JSteez4205

JSteez4205 aka Gordon NugzB

UPS just got here. Unpacking my first Solo now. Super Pumped!! I can join the SoloCrew now. Haha.

smokum likes this.
  8. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

charge it fully and let it run for a while at 7 to burn off the electronic smell.

JSteez4205 likes this.
  9. JSteez4205

I shouldn't turn up to 7 first and let the initial battery charge run off before plugging in for full charge?

10. smokum

smokum I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

nope... give it a full charge first then dry burn it

JSteez4205 likes this.
  11. JSteez4205

Gotcha. Thanks hoptimum & smokum for the tip. Charging now. Will dry run it later, any time length on the dry run? A full charged battery cycle, or just a 10min dry run @ 7 temp setting.

Nvm I just saw where hoptimum said run it at 7 for a couple minutes. Question answered already!

12. wootze

wootze Well-Known Member

I cleaned the SS bowls with alcohol after running dry. Never had any objectionable smell with 3 solos.

13. smokum

I did only one dry burn on my ceramic unit, then having been satisfied that it was 'ok' I did a very small load for the next couple sessions & all was well 'for me'. Others required more with they're units, and my M105 SS never cleared.

So you'll have to experience it yourself for 'your' senses, and I wish you the best because the Solo is an awesome hitter for herb ;)

14. mvapes

mvapes Surrounded by the healthy!

Wow, I must be super impatient - I never dry run shit, a clean swipe with some ISO and I'm hitting it! :rockon:

15. smokum

Sorry.... I didn't complete my thought at the moment & should have continued on to have included .... "Others required more with their units while many didn't at all, ........."

mvapes likes this.
  16. charliedontsurf

charliedontsurf Glassblower

I recently got some Ed's stems and like everyone else I think they're beautiful, elegant, and durable. Now the fragile glass stems can stay at home while a great TnT black rock maple stem goes along. It really classes up my black M106 Solo as well, and makes it appear more stealth when in a coffee cup or similar. These are my first Ed's TnT products and I'm very happy.

Ed's TnT, m0sh and Sonics420 like this.
  17. X24

X24 Well-Known Member

I've grown to prefer my wooden stem over the glass as a daily driver.

My only caveat with using the wooden stem was the taste it imparted. Luckily, that taste mellows out (and you get used to it) and then it acts more as an accent to the flavor than a detriment.

Ed's TnT and m0sh like this.
  18. ataxian

ataxian California

Same here!

19. ataxian

ataxian California

Good for you.
    I'm a flavor snob.
    Glass in my case is a requirement.

VAPORIZER22 likes this.
  20. MrNorml

MrNorml Well-Known Member

At this point I hve to agree. I just ordered a replacement Q and when it got here found I had no use or need for it, prefering my Solo (through bubbler). So now I use my 2 Solos exclusively, holding my Pax for travels (rarer and rarer), holding my MFLB for the memories, gave away the new Q, ordered another bubbler to match the Solo. If I had to pick on I'd also go with Solo.

21. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

I do have use for the Q, whip in the bedroom is my favorite vape position ;)

22. kigrass

kigrass Member

Mr Norml, Can you tell me which bubbler you use with your solo? I ask as I am looking into also getting one.
    I am looking at this one ;
    Black Leaf - Saxo Glass Bubbler - Recessed Joint - Shower Perc
    Thanks,
    K.

23. CHIDOY

CHIDOY Well-Known Member

Hit my buddies solo again last night. Its DEFINITELY WORTH the $150 pricetag! AMAZING DEVICE!!!

24. MrNorml

MrNorml Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to get in on the I believe "glassblowersdirect" thread here on FC and got 2 of those pieces which I can't speak highly enough about; I have looked and looked again and again at that Black Leaf bubbler with a drool in my eye - only question is the glass thickness. Otherwise it is an awesome looking bubbler which I bet would serve you greatly. The thing about bubblers etc from glassmakers here on FC is they should be optimized for vaporizers, not burning things.

ataxian and jambandphan03 like this.
  25. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

What do you mean by optimizing? Lower volume of water? Less difusion to keep the taste?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors