1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Arizer Solo

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Rockwise, May 27, 2011.

1. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

Dreamerr, please post your opinion after trying the PVHES. I'd be curious to hear how it works out for you. I do follow your logic about having spare stems. Theyre bound to break somehow.

2. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

I just ordered a new PHVES Turbo...it will be nice to see how it works...the normal one was out of stock...turbo is 2 holes right?

3. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

turbo is one big hole that you cover with a screen.

4. m0sh

Oh nice just like the wood stem

5. aesthyrian

aesthyrian Blaaaaah

I don't think that Arizer sells that piece separately. Maybe you can shoot them an e-mail and they might send a replacement out to ya. Or you can PM me and I can send you one for free, I have two and don't use or want them.

X24 likes this.
  6. gnarlescharles

gnarlescharles TOP CHEFFF

thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it. so just to get things straight, i'm not going to need anything other than a few screens to keep avb from getting into my mouth, right?

Anything else besides the screen to optimize the SOLO? I just want everything in order and optimal for when I crack open the box and hit my SOLO for the first time

7. m0sh

Dude well I was in Amsterdam now and gotten a stock stem, when you have no screens you just need to finger pick your herb and not grind it, as long it is not too small you won't need screens...maybe little particles will enter your mouth but that's nothing.... but if you put a screen you enable yourself to have more efficiency when you're vaping...the purpose of double screening is that nothing falls into the heater.

8. gnarlescharles

gnarlescharles TOP CHEFFF

by double screening what do you mean? one for the air holes on the stem and one at the bottom after you pack your piff in? im confused haha

9. m0sh

Exactly.
    If you use the wood stem you can do it easily... with the original PVHES it was a bit harder maybe because Ed Wood Stem supply prefect sized screens and the metal chamber is designed for a more easy screen picking... but that's hardly a difference...

10. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

But like m0sh said before, you'll get very little particulate, if you use little popcorn pieces of bud rather than ground.

A domed screen is a screen thats been bent/formed into a dome/cup to be inserted into a Solo stem. You can use screens in your stems to alter the volume, allowing you to more efficiently vape less herb.

11. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

12. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Hot chocolate or clean in iso as usual?

[​IMG]

13. m0sh

Neither...just use a q tip and you then put it in the stem and vape :)

smokum and kingofnull like this.
  14. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

I usually use a cotton swab after a quick iso wash, store the iso then evap and vape the cotton. :tup:

15. JDR

JDR Active Member

Good question. I'm a driller. In fact, I bought me a new diamond dremel tip yesterday. The deal is.. they don't say in the manual, "Lift your stem up a bit here and there for positive results". But they should. The drilling thing is just doing a variation of this. More airflow mean you can jack up the heat a bit, giving you more vapor and a more even browning of the herb... potentially.

It's more about taste than any lack of function, per se, in the initial setup. Folks around here seem to like options and mods. Vapists tend to be like golfers who want the right club for the shot.

JDR

VapeArts and Dreamerr like this.
  16. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

Hot chocolate. It really works. Why waste it?

17. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

I don't golf but that is sooooooooooooooooooo true. I think we have a bunch of perfectionists around here.

18. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

Mine just arrived. I'm eating some Doritos (thanks Planet Vape:rockon:) while I wait for it to charge.

Tamataz and jambandphan03 like this.
  19. mmenzie

since you are eating the Doritos now.... what will you eat for munchies after your first session with the solo??

jambandphan03 and Tweek like this.
  20. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

I tried this a couple weeks ago but i did something wrong for sure. The milk started to get clotty and with cream, and i couldn't remove all the resin out of the stem. Did i use too high of a temperature?

21. mmenzie

i think this is what happened to me as well. i havent tried it since... so i will be interested in the answers you get

22. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

I filled with milk until it barelly covered the stem. Did you use a lot of milk?

23. mmenzie

i poured in enough milk that would go into a coffee cup and that was it

24. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

It's ok, it might be first session with the solo, but not my first session of the day :ko: I have some ice cream stashed as well :D

25. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

I went with hot chocolate in the end. It's a rare treat for me, its just easier and quicker to clean in ISO.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors