1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Arizer Solo

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Rockwise, May 27, 2011.

1. mvapes

mvapes Surrounded by the healthy!

I love my solo's - are they perfect? No - but damn close for me, they're continuously my go to when not not using a desk top.
    happyTrails, MrNorml and m0sh like this.
  2. natural farmer

natural farmer god is in the neurons...

Is there any vape thread with more positive experiences than this??? Don't think so...!!! :cheers: Cheers all! Next lung for all of you FUCKCOMBUSTERS!!! :party:
  3. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

^^^ +1 well said...I really think if I had to choose one for the rest of my days it would be the solo :)
  4. JDR

JDR Active Member

ON THE TOPIC OF TEMPS

I've noticed that a lot of folks report starting at 4 and 5, move up as needed, and finish up with a couple puffs at 7. These folks often state they go through a bubbler, tho some not. I am surely not the first to do it this way...but, starting at 2, without water, I can get nearly all the vapor off by the time I hit 5. I have to warm the herbs up in the glass chamber and do a certain amount of priming of the herb by pulling without hitting. I get huge hits at 2 and 3 that give cooler, milkier vapor and finish off at 4.

I just wanted to state this somewhat for newer folk to remind that amazing things happen at lower heat levels. Indeed, I should note also, different strokes for different folks. ;)

JDR

EDIT: Sometimes, I feel that 2 is just ignored. I'm a twoist. I believe in and advocate the 2.
  5. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

^ +1. I report exactly the same experience as JDR, if you pursue taste over clouds, it is the best way. And it still gets cloudy. :nod:
    Vitolo likes this.
  6. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

The scenic route can be nice :nod:, but sometimes you just want to get on the highway and get where you're going;)
  7. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

I definitely have a lot of respect for the Solo, and hope to have mine around a long time.
    mvapes and Vitolo like this.
  8. Sonics420

Sonics420 Well-Known Member

i love my arizer also. its the best vape i own and i got it for such a good price. i always consider gettin a black one too since i got the silver.

cheers with our solos!
    Vitolo and jambandphan03 like this.
  9. Ape With A Vape

Ape With A Vape Active Member

What do you mean? I'm really needing to do this. I screwed off the top, but I couldn't figure out what you were talking about.
  10. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

You have a small ring surrounding the center hole...take it off - don't worry be happy
  11. al bundy

al bundy Vaporist

What kind of torch do i need to do this?
    Or what kind of bit/ wheel can i use in a dremmel? i want to cut notches/grooves in the glass stem?
    I also want to drill out the four hole stem to just a big bore.
    would these work?
    http://www.amazon.com/Anytime-Tools-DIAMOND-CUT-OFF-LAPIDARY/dp/B000FJLWNK

or thishttp://www.amazon.com/SE-DW13-Diamond-Piece1-8-Inch/dp/B000P49NCC/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_text_z
    Zangano Cruel likes this.
  12. mr_

mr_ Active Member

My Solo died on me y'day out of blue. Vaped a stem for 10 minutes, shut it off, and then after 15 mins it wouldn't start up again, only the idle light and temp 7 would keep lighting up. It was an M106 I bought back in April.

Tried plugging it into the PA, charger, and even unplugged the battery a few times to try resetting it, no luck.

It was out in the mail to Puffitup this morning, now its just the waiting game. Its gonna suck smoking for a week until the new unit comes in.

The weird part is I just vaped a stem and tried to restart it for another one, and it wouldnt' work. Didn't drop it, didn't sit in the cold, etc etc, just happened out of the blue

I smoked a bowl this morning, don't know how I smoked so much for 10 years before getting into vaping

I'm hoping I get this new unit before Thanksgiving as I'm heading out of town, dunno if it'll work out but we'll see
  13. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

Mr you need back ups badly. That was what happened to me so that is three of us now. WTF is going on with the batteries. I will put the new one through its paces the next few days and see if it is the same issue. My first clue was the bad battery life then eventually just died. If it happens again I will be done with the solo which is sad since I do like it.
  14. smokum

smokum The Guy Your Mother Warned You About

That sucks mr_ :\ Don't know how I'd make out if mine ever failed (smoke, smoke j's of hash, but can't smoke the herb because it makes me choke <---- wierd eh ? ) as I'd surely miss the sweet taste of vaped herb :nod:

Also wanted to say that I too like the enjoyment of a long 'low temp' session or two/three. I've had my m102 a couple years now (hope those battery packs in the works are avail soon ;) ), and start off at 2 for a couple slow long hauls, bump to 3 and ride out the 12mins... fire the unit again at 3 and keep going until there's none left to take.

The m105 I got back as a replacement under (non returned) warranty I just can't use with it's robot fart that won't go away, so I kind of keep it around only as an emergency 'parts' piece.
  15. Ape With A Vape

Ape With A Vape Active Member

F
    Do I just pry it out? How did you do it?
  16. ilovebOObs

ilovebOObs can i stick my male joint in there?

al bundy likes this.
  17. X24

X24 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Lately, I've really been digging my wooden stem via Ed. My stash has been the same for quite some time, and I've not been particularly blown away by the taste of whatever strain this happens to be. The wood actually does this cheese-ish stuff some favors, and the airflow is terrific.

I still wouldn't mind one of those planet vape stems as well, really. :brow:
    Ed's TnT, al bundy and Vitolo like this.
  18. mr_

mr_ Active Member

Backups, yeah, definitely.

Mine was an M106, so definitely not a newer batch. Bought mine back in early April, so don't think it would be a similar issue with the battery, maybe just a coincidence.

I've heard of the the bad battery "life" and don't really mind if the indicator doesn't work properly or I can't get more than 5-6 stems. I have the PA and a car inverter as well which works great in a pinch.

The Solo delivers great hits though, which is why I'll give this second one an honest try.
  19. Dreamerr

I am on stem 6 but ran it at level 3 cause of stuff I read. I was running it at 4 before tonight. Anyhow at the beginning of stem 6 batt read 1. I will keep going till it dies.
  20. mr_

mr_ Active Member

Are you drawing/vaping too? or just leaving the unit on that temp?
  21. Dreamerr

Oh I am using it. I will dead it before I go to sleep if it is the last thing I do lmao.
    natural farmer and X24 like this.
  22. mr_

mr_ Active Member

Any verdict yet? I think you vaped yourself to sleep for 12 hours. I remember at the start of stem 6 I would be at temp 4 usually, sucks that its at 1 but I know the indicator is like that.

Curious how many stems you actually got.

I'd be satisfied with 8 12 minute sessions to be honest
  23. Dreamerr

You are right it was 1am and decided I had enough. I will finish the battery off today. I was done with stem 7 and took a few hits off the ssv cause I was tired of the solo. I will finish what I believe to be the last two stems now then have to go out. I will write later and let you know for sure how many it was. I have a list with temp lights that I will copy and paste later as well. I have been running at zero batt lights but as we know that doesn't mean anything.
  24. mr_

mr_ Active Member

Very cool, I'll check back in at night to see how many you ended up getting.

Hoping the Solo comes in before the Thanksgiving holiday

I need a backup bad, maybe that'll be my New Years Resolution, get an HI, UD, CRZ, etc

Don't want another portable and can't really use a full desktop, but smoking blooooooows

Smoked 2-3 bowls yday, did the job but it wasn't ideal
    al bundy likes this.
  25. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

so so far you have had an hour and 12 minutes of straight use. I would say that pretty damn good!

Oh and you know it's not good to completely drain the battery right? Especially on a brand new unit. If I were you I would have done this experiment after you have had it for awhile, but that's just me.
    happyTrails, smokum and Zangano Cruel like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors