Arizer Solo

Zipsort

Yeah, sorry I didn't link it up, here you go... http://thermovape.com/collections/b...oducts/t1-glass-adapter-high-temperature-ptfe

This is the only one I could find on the site. It just fits right inside the stem.

I may go with this, if i ever decide to use my thermovape again too I could also use it with the adapter (long story but not happy with my thermovape)

Whats the difference between this and the GonG solo adapter from Planetvape (other than the material, of course)

Any airflow restriction?

Hell I might just get both.

These travel caps I think I am gonna definately need!!

http://www.planetvape.ca/solo-vaporizer-travel-caps-2.html

Zipsort,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I have jury rigged my own Glass on glass stem as well; I had too when I broke my first PVGonG stem. To make it I used two different tubes of silicone, one 3/16"IDx5/16"OD and the other 1/4"IDx3/8"OD. As well I used an old 14mm bowl I have not used since I fucked combustion.

Using a sharp pair of scissors I cut the male joint off of the bowl. I did this by tightly clamping the blades on to an ideal spot and slowly rotating the bowl around until there is a large and deep scratch all the way around. Then I whacked it off a table and it came apart perfect on that scratch. I then filed away the sharp glass edges to be able to insert the 3/16 tubing into the male joint.

Once that was in far and secure I hot glued it to make sure it stayed secure with about an inch of tubing sticking out of the back of the joint. Then I placed the excess tubing inside the bigger piece of tubing. That bigger piece of tubing fits perfectly in the inside of an aromatube. I'll post a picture of it next time I get my hands on it, it's not with me now.

CentiZen,

Zipsort

I have jury rigged my own Glass on glass stem as well; I had too when I broke my first PVGonG stem. To make it I used two different tubes of silicone, one 3/16"IDx5/16"OD and the other 1/4"IDx3/8"OD. As well I used an old 14mm bowl I have not used since I fucked combustion.

Using a sharp pair of scissors I cut the male joint off of the bowl. I did this by tightly clamping the blades on to an ideal spot and slowly rotating the bowl around until there is a large and deep scratch all the way around. Then I whacked it off a table and it came apart perfect on that scratch. I then filed away the sharp glass edges to be able to insert the 3/16 tubing into the male joint.

Once that was in far and secure I hot glued it to make sure it stayed secure with about an inch of tubing sticking out of the back of the joint. Then I placed the excess tubing inside the bigger piece of tubing. That bigger piece of tubing fits perfectly in the inside of an aromatube. I'll post a picture of it next time I get my hands on it, it's not with me now.

Sounds like me when I started getting into desktop vape bonging, ahaha.. The hardware store.. they had some laughs. I would bring in my whips and stems and try to find tubings and connectors that fit.

Zipsort,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The regular PlanetVape gong solo stem performs the same as the stock stem it just has the gong attachment. What you should watch for (and they should be available very soon) are the PVHES gong stems from PlanetVape. When those are released, they will likely disappear fast, as they are very much sought after by many right now. The PVHES stems have been altered to improve airflow to the chamber and move a larger volume of vapor than the stock stems, with less "suction". It will be announced when the PVHES gong stem is ready to be sold. Hopefully it won't be much longer now.

Zipsort

The regular PlanetVape gong solo stem performs the same as the stock stem it just has the gong attachment. What you should watch for (and they should be available very soon) are the PVHES gong stems from PlanetVape. When those are released, they will likely disappear fast, as they are very much sought after by many right now. The PVHES stems have been altered to improve airflow to the chamber and move a larger volume of vapor than the stock stems, with less "suction". It will be announced when the PVHES gong stem is ready to be sold. Hopefully it won't be much longer now.

So, in your professional opinion, I should wait before ordering any adaptors for my tube? In my current living situation my tubes are in my storage locker any way so the adaptor would only be used on friends tubes so not a huge deal. I will be going handheld 80% of the time.

Zipsort,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I definitely think it's worth holding out for the PVHES gong if there is not much urgency to use it right away. In the mean time I just used a bit of 1/2" silicone tubing on the end of my stem at first, it worked fine to connect to 14mm.

You can see the tubing I used in this video... it's a bit of blue silicone I found if I folded it over itself, made inserting the stem easier.

jambandphan03,

Zipsort

I definitely think it's worth holding out for the PVHES gong if there is not much urgency to use it right away. In the mean time I just used a bit of 1/2" silicone tubing on the end of my stem at first, it worked fine to connect to 14mm.

You can see the tubing I used in this video... it's a bit of blue silicone I found if I folded it over itself, made inserting the stem easier.

Ok cool thats what I am gonna do. That silicone is how I actually had my DBV and SSV set up.. I had gong adaptors for them but liked the silicone better actually.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Will do. And yes.. that sounds like something I need :)

Also thinking about getting a nice carrying case, but I think its stealth enough to throw it in my toolbag and it will blend in with all my tools.

I'd wait for the PHVES GoNG stem and go with the wood stem for now...but that is me

About case, I don't believe in cases...I think the solo is pretty much stealth in terms that it looks like a giant battery or a flash light even...

m0sh,

Zipsort

I'd wait for the PHVES GoNG stem and go with the wood stem for now...but that is me

About case, I don't believe in cases...I think the solo is pretty much stealth in terms that it looks like a giant battery or a flash light even...

Exactly what I'll be doing.

And yeah, I figure the solo will stay in my toolbag. I just wanted a case for the glass pieces more or less.

Cant wait to use this thing at dubstep shows.

Zipsort,
Just placed my order with PIU. $160 shipped. Ordered the GONG stem from PV, can't wait for PVHES and PVHES GONG.

kingofnull,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Exactly what I'll be doing.

And yeah, I figure the solo will stay in my toolbag. I just wanted a case for the glass pieces more or less.

Cant wait to use this thing at dubstep shows.

This is why you have to get the wood stem IMO

I'm gonna go and say that the wood stem was designed especially for me lol
I broke one PHVES, broke 18mm-14mm reducer(luckly this is the only thing I can super glue)
I broken around 10 EQ elbows and 4-5 cyclo bowl + 1 glass tuff bowl and some mouthpiece and we're not even talking about my late cloud /;

So anyway, I wouldn't go out with a glass stem and if I wrap the solo and stem I use bubble wrap and just put it in a pocket of my normal bag, I figure carrying a special case is just not stealth...ohhh solo is so great just typing this after a great session with some northern lights... off to see moonrise kingdom :)

m0sh,
Reactions: ili

Zipsort

This is why you have to get the wood stem IMO

I'm gonna go and say that the wood stem was designed especially for me lol
I broke one PHVES, broke 18mm-14mm reducer(luckly this is the only thing I can super glue)
I broken around 10 EQ elbows and 4-5 cyclo bowl + 1 glass tuff bowl and some mouthpiece and we're not even talking about my late cloud /;

So anyway, I wouldn't go out with a glass stem and if I wrap the solo and stem I use bubble wrap and just put it in a pocket of my normal bag, I figure carrying a special case is just not stealth...ohhh solo is so great just typing this after a great session with some northern lights... off to see moonrise kingdom :)

Arent the wood stems custom made though and not available? Havent read the whole thread (I'm at work)

Stealth I am not too worried about, the cops here are semi-legit.. they dont take grinders or anything so even if they knew that this was they wouldnt take it. I just want to be able to safely bring it around with me

Zipsort,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:\ So I just got the solo, it's not a m107 as listed, it is a MD1.... so hmmmm should I even bother, I don't like what I have been reading about the inaccurate battery read out on the MD models. I really wanted the m107. I guess I'll charge and test it out in any case, see how it behaves. Dang, why did I send that other one back, I was having a fit of guilt from buying the pax, right after buying the 2nd solo. :doh: The finish on this model is different too, it's more of a shiny silver, has a bit more of a chrome look, but still has the textured finish (not slick). It's charging, and I will be back after using it a couple of times.

jambandphan03,

Zipsort

:\ So I just got the solo, it's not a m107 as listed, it is a MD1.... so hmmmm should I even bother, I don't like what I have been reading about the inaccurate battery read out on the MD models. I really wanted the m107. I guess I'll charge and test it out in any case, see how it behaves. Dang, why did I send that other one back, I was having a fit of guilt from buying the pax, right after buying the 2nd solo. :doh: The finish on this model is different too, it's more of a shiny silver, has a bit more of a chrome look, but still has the textured finish (not slick). It's charging, and I will be back after using it a couple of times.

I got the M-108 black for $155 shipped free 2-day shipping, authorized dealer.

Zipsort,

Zipsort

I just got this case, from the Pax thread, to carry my pax in when I need a case for extras. I just put my straight stems in it, and they fit great in the side w/the mesh pocket. Might have to do something to keep them from clinking together though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LSTD38/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Im thinking about getting a pistol case, something like this.. they sell them very cheap and most come with foam that you can cut out yourself, so you make your own sections.

Plus they lock.. how cool is that.. this one is $28

classic-safari-aluminum-pistol-case.jpg

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I just sent vapeUSA (where I ordered the supposed M107) an email asking about the MD1 models, and how they have them listed as M107. I don't know if they will still have the M107 in stock, so until I hear back, I am just going to keep charging the MD1.

jambandphan03,

Zipsort

I just sent vapeUSA (where I ordered the supposed M107) an email asking about the MD1 models, and how they have them listed as M107. I don't know if they will still have the M107 in stock, so until I hear back, I am just going to keep charging the MD1.

Damn..yeah.. that is quite shady indeed. I would politely ask them to either swap it with the right one or accept it as a refund.

Zipsort,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm doing a first warm up to 7 to hopefully burn off what ever this smell is. My original M107 had just a faint new smell, and it quickly went away. This one has a bit of a stronger, almost plastic smell as it heats. :\

ok, smell is improving. I'm going to run another cycle.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have also seen Ed's stems on Etsy, and Amazon.

So I let it run 2 cycles, the smell has mostly gone away, so I am giving this thing a test drive. It seems to have a slightly better airflow than my M107. It just seems to pull a little easier. So that's a good thing. Maybe I should rethink my approach and give this one a real chance. I'll wait to see what the VapeUSA has to say about the model number not matching the listing, but if it keeps working this good for the next few days, I'll just keep it.

** well, after using the M107 for several months, I am pretty impressed with this MD1 and I went into it very biased. I am glad I am giving this one a chance. I'm getting really thick milky hits on 7, the draw is noticeably easier.

Added the PVHES straight shorty, cranked it up to 7, put it on top of the Ion, and HOLY COW!! Ok, besides the battery reading low too soon, so far, this MD1 solo is kicking ass! I take back all the mean things I was saying earlier when I first go it.

***So, I won't say that is the best vendor to choose, but I did get a functioning 2011 version Solo for $140 (shipped) so take it for what you will. The battery meter shows 1 after only 3 seshs on 7. So it is having that issue.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: poonman

beach bum

Got my Solo earlier this week. Gave it a short "test drive" at home to make sure I had some vague idea of what I was doing...then headed over to hang with some friends last night. About 7-8 of us just passed it around the room. Many times. For hours! Battery life was good and we really enjoyed the vapor generated. Nice addition to our lineup and many thanks to all here for the tips/tricks - really made it easy to use out of the box (after initial burn off period). :clap:

Drxx

Anyone know the measurement of the stock stems? I'm ready to use a water tool with the solo, but need to figure out the measurements first.

I asked the guy at my LHS about the size of the joint on the bubbler and he had no idea (face palm).

The stem goes in but isn't secure as the size of the joint in the bubbler is just slightly larger.

Would that indicate that I should go with an 18 GONG adapter or am I able to do this with a silicone ring? I need to get the PA also!

Drxx,

LeithaL

A tragedy has struck my arizer solo. I bought it off amazon for 160 two months ago so i'm assuming i have a m107. I've been using it with great enjoyment for 2 months. In total i've probably used it for 10 to 12 sessions. Yesterday, however it seems that it no longer works. I always have it charged, as whenever i'm not vaping with it, it's in the charger, which is a long time. So I assume that the battery works. However, now when i turn it on there's no beeper and there's no heat being produced. I can still switch heat levels, but it always stays on idle or for some reason it pops up to 7, again even though there's no heat being produced. What should i do? Is the battery finished? I've only used it 10 times, so approximately 5 hours. Is it bad if i keep it in the charger? I don't think i banged it or dropped it against anything.... What should i do?

LeithaL,
Top Bottom