Arizer Solo

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Thanks rufrothy!

What about "2" - that's off by 35°C, no?

What's bugging me out now, is that I've been vaporizing on "2", at 150 instead of 185, and enjoying it. Could it be I wasn't getting anything, and it was just a placebo effect? Or my tolerance is super low...?

no because arizer never specced what the M105 temps were. The theoretical temps are from there initial release of the Solo. When they adjusted the temps down they never provided the data only said they dialed em down.

ru_frothi,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
no because arizer never specced what the M105 temps were. The theoretical temps are from there initial release of the Solo. When they adjusted the temps down they never provided the data only said they dialed em down.

Sorry..I am really confused now. I got that list of temps from Kevin...so you are basically saying that is from age-old readings or some theoretical list they made up long ago?

EDIT: nevermind, this is frustrating. All I REALLY wanted to know is what "2" was, in degrees.

Then, I can die happy knowing the temperature that I prefer :ko:

Ultimately, I wanted to simulate a "2" on a Supreme v2 or any other device that I can also figure out the temperature.

sessnet,

Ash057

I have been loving the stem testing process!
I am favoring the straight.. and the GonG.

GonG !
imag0180bc.jpg

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I did two barely full bowls yesterday - KO! :ko:

AND I have a screen in there, so that reduces the amount that fits.

I realize the key is NOT to pack it. Somehow I actually get WAY MORE CLOUDS, by putting LESS. Weird!

The perfect amount for me seems to be from half a bowl (with screen) to a full bowl, but never packed in!

Sorry to going back on the discussion, but i think the reason that putting less helps is because the air flow goes in between the herbs and allows for a better extraction.
This should be truth for the majority of vaporizers, although there are vaporizers who need it more than others.

I am confused about the temps now too, it appears that most Solos except the M105 in fact exceed the 230ºC that marks the point of combustion.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So another question, unlike other vapes you don't leave the stem inside the heater for a few minutes before taking your first hit?

m0sh,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
So another question, unlike other vapes you don't leave the stem inside the heater for a few minutes before taking your first hit?

It takes a minute or so to heat up, and a half a minute or so for the vaporizable to heat up after that. Some people combine/time the action so that they heat the stem up while it powers up, so you are ready to go in like a minute. It's not a few minutes though, it's seems fairly quick! :tup:

sessnet,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
It takes a minute or so to heat up, and a half a minute or so for the vaporizable to heat up after that. Some people combine/time the action so that they heat the stem up while it powers up, so you are ready to go in like a minute. It's not a few minutes though, it's seems fairly quick! :tup:

Thanks mate but I heard that the taste would be affected if I live the stem in the heater for few minutes without drawing...

I pack a stem, put it in a cold solo, set it to temp 4 and it's ready to hit when the solo is up to temp.

Great to hear...this is what I'll do!!!

You can pack around .1g right?

BTW, I went ahead and bought 5 screen pack for the solo from http://verdampftnochmal.de/products...rizer-extreme-parts/screens-for-the-solo.html

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I put a fresh packed stem in to heat w/ the unit as well, but you probably don't want to just leave it sitting in there once it is up to temp without hitting it. I can see that effecting the contents of the bowl, and flavor, if you hit it a few times, power down, but don't pull the stem out (for example) or if you go off and forget about it... etc... Heating the stem w/the unit might effect flavor, but I have not noticed. All it does for me is give me instant vapor as soon as it reaches temp. I usually run it on 3-4

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Sorry..I am really confused now. I got that list of temps from Kevin...so you are basically saying that is from age-old readings or some theoretical list they made up long ago?

YES thats exactly what I am saying. There #'s are BS.

EDIT: nevermind, this is frustrating. All I REALLY wanted to know is what "2" was, in degrees.

170c measured by user Vaplexus.

ru_frothi,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I wait until temp is up.... (4) and then I put stem in upside down.(herb to sky).. and do my 1st pull that way... to "glue' the bud in place for the next hits.

sessnet.... you asked if I liked the GonG stem with my unit. I gave it a place of honor... touch image to see for yourself!
(ignore cannabutter in background waiting to be added to oatmeal and eaten!)

Vitolo

Vaporist
I always let battery die before charging.
It is a leftover habit from "old school" batteries.
Is this not an issue here?
Can I charge whenever I wish, without affecting battery?

Vitolo,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
It is a small amber glass jar of pre-ground.
This is my "travel from room to room box"
Really cool, I need a box like that!

Is the amber glass jar neckless? I am searching for neckless ones.

I always let battery die before charging.
It is a leftover habit from "old school" batteries.
Is this not an issue here?
Can I charge whenever I wish, without affecting battery?

I screwed this up several times already. I charge to prepare for extended use, doesn't matter how much is left on the charge (very bad, i know). So my battery isn't the greatest it seems now, maybe because of this? It seems my battery is only 70% as good as when I first got it, about 4 months ago.

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It's better to recharge regularly with these modern batteries, apparently. I do mine after each session, or whenever is convenient to top it up.

WatTyler,
Reactions: Vitolo

Nic

It's better to recharge regularly with these modern batteries, apparently. I do mine after each session, or whenever is convenient to top it up.

This is what the majority of what I've read says, but I've heard the contrary as well. Mine comes in today, and I intend to keep it on my phone's schedule. Tuck it in to a charger every night before bed. It will be used for 2-3 sessions per day. Does this sound reasonable?

Nic,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

With Li-ion batteries like in laptops or the iphone, you should leave them between 40 to 80%. Dont know which kind of chemistry the arizer batteries have, i think there was a post a long time ago where a guy changed the batteries and you could see exactly which was it.

vorrange,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I usually run the battery until it gets to 4 on the meter, then I put it on the charger. I really like 4 with this thing...

jambandphan03,

natural farmer

About the batteries... All rechargeable batteries nowadays have a certain number of loadcycles. I have an older MacBook and the loadcycles are only about 300+. By keeping it most of the time connected to the plug, I have managed after 2 years to be only at 120 loadcycles and thus the capacity is still at 91%. The more you charge/discharge the faster the battery is dying. Modern batteries can have more than 1000 loadcycles but I don't know about the ones in the Solo. General idea is to keep it plugged as more as you can and not letting it empty often. I try only go through a full charge/discharge cycle once a month so the meter can show the correct load (it's like reseting)... Also doing it for all rechargeable devices and have great results. There is a site called battery-university or something and it's all very analytical there. :)

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Went to Vaporpedia, had all the info there. :doh:

Prolonging the battery life

Li-Ion batteries will last longer if you do not discharge them completely. A common recommendation for longest battery life is to re-charge when they are discharged to 80% capacity. The best approach is therefore to re-charge between sessions.

This is the type of battery:

http://www.amazon.com/Li-Ion-Tenergy-2200mAh-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B002Y2LJW0

Nic

Good stuff everyone. Now I'm going to ask a slightly different question: What's the deal with over charging? If I charge it overnight and it's sitting fully-charged for 4 hours, am I causing added wear?

Nic,
Top Bottom