Arizer Solo

kertong

*please delete me*
@turk: I noticed the same, but I really did not mind as with the portable it was twice as easy to hit a bowl as it was in the SSV/DBV (loading the wand, holding it, drawing, pulling off wand, etc). Also, I've been making "hash/kief sandwiches" in the arizer when I had it:

1) Grind all your herb as fine as you can. I used to leave my herb in a metal tin case (thanks MFLB) which sat above my stereo amplifier. It'd get warm and brittle overnight, and it'll grind down to an amazingly fine powder.
2) Throw in a nugget of kief and shake. The fine powder is now a sheen white powder with all the kief mixed in it.
3) Fill up the solo stem about 1/3rd up of the way with the green and kief mixture.
4) Take a nice fat nug of hash, or get a dab of oil (hold it over the stem and heat it indrectly until it liquifies and drops into the bed of green in the stem)
5) Fill the rest up with the rest of the green/kief mix.

This way, none of the kief and hash hit the heating element (even if it does though, easy to clean). The kief and hash end up melting and soaking into the bud, and the bud will just keep on vaping, again and again, with really strong hits. Once I got used to doing this, I hardly used my DBV anymore. :)

I sold the Solo when I got my omicron, as I was convinced I could switch 100% to concentrates. Don't get me wrong, if you have regular access to concentrates, the omicron can't be beat. But I miss tasting my herb and I keep getting free grams at the dispensary, so now I'm about to buy a shiny new M107 from planetvape.ca. Can't wait!! I miss that pure flavor so much, out of all the vapes I have had, the solo tasted the best by far.

turk

turk
....beautiful recipe....thanks man, been using hash, but will try this too....boy I love this site...still have my omicron (way to easy to have), and yes the solo "holds" the taste of the bud, longer than any vape I've tried....

turk,

kertong

*please delete me*
Haha, @turk, I am the exact same way! I *love* my omicron for the convenience and the 24/7 daily sipping it provides, but the downside is that because it is so easy, it is glued to my mouth and my tolerance has SHOT up through the roof. I can puff on my v1 or v2+1.5ohms for an hour and feel slightly medicated. Need to take a t-break...

But yeah, been missing the flavor of herbs. The solo is definitely one of the best tasting vapes out there. The omicron adds its own nychrome cart flavor to the oils, a thermovape LV tastes MUCH MUCH better with no added flavor (just the pure taste of the oil, like a nail hit... omicron oils all taste like reclaim after the first 20-30 hits imo). However, it's such a PITA to use once you get used to the "set it and forget it" convenience of the omicrons..

kertong,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I too am enjoying concentrating on concentrates.. especially in the afternoon during my travel.
Viva la medicacion'!!

Vitolo,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I am getting mine in the mail any moment now. I can't wait to give it a test drive.

UPDATE: I just got it. It is charging now.

Slightly Medicated,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
This thing is very impressive. I like it much more then the Extreme Q. I waited for the battery to charge. I find I like running it at max temp. How long is the battery supposed to last at max temp? I have already had to charge it once more after the initial charge. I am just assuming they battery does not last very long on max temp.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: rufrothy

Vitolo

Vaporist
hey Vito.....Some of older models from serial numbers M104 back suffered from a loose stem and/or flaking ceramic .....If you have an older model and it has any of the issues above contact Arizer and they will swap youre faulty solo for a brand spanking new M107:D
Well. I sure am appreciative of all your support.
I contacted Arizer, and "Kevin" responded to me... with what I now consider "Arizer Double Talk".
He ignored the chipping questions, and explained the wobble as a "bonus feature", when he said:
" looser is better than tighter" and sighted the reason as better airflow. He went on to say that the stem is supposed to easily fall out if turned upside down. My problem is that it occasionally falls out when it is not upside down! (I do confess to partial paralysis, and difficulty moving left hand)Regardless, I intend fully to have fun playing with the unit, and letting folks see it.It is Arizer's best product in spite of the issues that trouble me!

PS-Battery life is good...at level 6.... I get 6 or 7 full sessions

Vitolo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I really wish you could try a tight-fitting unit, Vito. I've been lucky enough to always get stems that fit snug, so I can't really empathize, but I sure to sympathize. For me a loose stem would be a deal-breaker for me. But I sure do enjoy the unit that I've got.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: Vitolo

u bwade wunner

it occasionally falls out when it is not upside down!

at the very worst.you can buy a new 4 hole stem either bent or straight from the good guys at planetvape or somewhere else if arizer are not willing to come to the table.that will be tight and it will allow you to relax and enjoy things a little more.

alarm bells rang when i read youre initial post and you mentioned a wobbly loose stem.:/

a loose stem if it were to fall out and break on the floor or pavement is a serious health and safety issue with this product.i would consider the use of such a unit dangerous especially in the hands of some of youre medical patients/friends that pass through youre door on a daily basis with medical paralysis like MS and Parkinsons.A close family member has MS and gets shakes etc.

My take on it is the company Arizer are obliged by law to provide you with a reasonably sound,safe experience.

considering youre great work and involvement with the Arizona MMC.The company Arizer should be helping you for sure.

could you also check the bowl under light for chipping Vito?

the other main issue is off gassing electric/burnt plastic smell and taste during a session.I think you may be familiar with that smell.I read that the vapir 2 had a similar smell initially from some of their units

Do you have the serial on the base of the unit if you d ont mind Vito.The first 4 digits beginning with M.that will determine if the bowl is a ceramic or stainless steel.

they are a great unit and like Stu says .Using the solo is a different experience with a tight stem.

if the unit is suffering from a bad smell/taste or the ceramic bowl is visibly chipped or chipping ,you can send it straight to Arizer for evaluation and they will normally issue you with a different more up to date safe unit.they don t have any choice and are obliged to look after you,regardless TC:)

u bwade wunner,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
My battery seems to run out quickly. One session on 7 and it goes from full to number 4. I am just surprised at how quickly the battery is going down. I am enjoying it otherwise.

Slightly Medicated,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I would suggest you get a gong stem Vitolo, it's a 4 hole, I use mine as a shortie stem when not hooking it up to the water pipe, and it only sticks out about 2 1/2 inches or so above the top of the solo, less weight to wobble around, and I get good hits. Then you can also use it to hook up to glass as well. Planetvapes is the only place to get them as far as I know. You might also do well just to hold out for Ed's wooden stem, that looks nice.

tepictoton

Anybody had this before?

I turned on my solo last night. I heared the by now very familiar peep, only to see the blue led light turning on realy lightly and flickering a bit. i tried setting the temperature, but none of the yellow lights would come on, and the blue one staid very faint.

I then tried just about anything i could think of with the buttons, but nothing happened. When I finally held down both buttons the peep was there, very long, and then the unit shut off completely. I then restarted it, only to be able to set the temperature and the unit shutting of again wihtin one minute....:uhoh:

Then I restarted it again, and finally it worked. I really do not hope this is a sign of whats to come, I only have the vape for like a month now.

So maybe someone else has seen this happen to their solo, and it never returned? Or it got worse and the unit eventually had to be replaced? Just want to make sure I don't end up in the situation where I have to send it back and will probably fall back onto combusting again...

tepictoton,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
My battery seems to run out quickly. One session on 7 and it goes from full to number 4. I am just surprised at how quickly the battery is going down. I am enjoying it otherwise.

That doesn't sound normal to be honest, you may have to exchange it under warranty. My ten months old M102 still has all the lights on after a 12 minute session 7.

How often have you charged yours now, and did you completely drain the battery before you charged it perhaps?

OhTheAgony,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I think I might be reading the unit wrong. When I got the unit I turned it on to check and make sure it works. Then I did a complete charge. Going to spend more time with it and make sure I am reading the lights right.

Slightly Medicated,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Do you have the serial on the base of the unit if you d ont mind Vito.The first 4 digits beginning with M.that will determine if the bowl is a ceramic or stainless steel.
Funny .. you guys here at FC give more support than the company does!
M104 is the number on the unit that I have remaining now. It is brand new, but the stem does fall out very easily.
I originally did not like or support the Solo as being patient friendly.
I have had fun with the two Solos I acquired recently.
My fun with the unit does not make this a patient friendly unit however.
I do not think I will place an order for a new stem .. not even an improved one.
I do not care to spend more money.. as originally one of my complaints was that I did not like the fact that the Solo had "workarounds" needed.
The attitude of Kevin the Tech from Arizer that responded to my email by telling me that I was actually one of the lucky customers because he thought the wobbly stems performed better was a bit "over the top" as far as customer service "slight of hand".
My problem when the Solo came out, and I got rid of my 1st one was that the unit was not "patient friendly"
Now I see that the company is not "patient friendly", and unless there is a change in their willingness to discuss my issues, I will be warning patients that I come in contact with against using Arizer products.

Last edited:

hogleg

solo028.jpg

this is what I did vito and here is an email from arizer concerning the ring issues professional double talk

Thank you for your email. I am not aware of any changes made to the ring in question, but if they have been changed, it was based on research, development, and customer feedback, and no changes will be made unless further research and customer feedback indicates that changes / improvements are necessary.

tepictoton

I am starting to feel/think the same...without this community and thread we would have known a lot less about this product. Pitty arizer is not showing much openess to their customers and to this forum...

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I would agree. I had no idea it existed as a product and I own the Extreme Q. If you go to their site and try to read about it the page that is supposed to go to the Solo goes to the Extreme Q and V-Tower. The info that comes with the device is minimal. I tried to work my way through all these threads. Thank goodness I did before I bought. I ended up making sure to buy the latest model. I might be having battery issues but it could be me not being able to read it. I feel like contacting them would almost be pointless. The support on this board is far superior.

I think the company does not want to be associated with mmj or cannabis in general. They go out of their way to call it a diffuser and offer the diffuser bowl. They also include the little sample of wild flower. I know it is all a front to cover their own butt. I just feel like they should still support everyone.

That stem can get hot at the base. Imagine if that fell like in the video demonstrated and landed on bare skin.

Slightly Medicated,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The market is evolving rapidly and if Arizer don't improve on their Customer Service and the flaws so many people have reported and dismissed them with a somewhat paternalist demeanor, like what happened with Vito, implying we don't really know what we are talking about, it will be a matter of time until people will choose other manufacturers with superior products and service.

Vitolo

Vaporist
It has fallen on bare thighs.
My first Solo when it came out, fell from my lips onto my wife's thigh. She jumped up, and stem hit the ground and broke.
I decided recently to give the Solo another try, because there were a couple brand new ones for resale real cheap. (I see why now).
I did find that giving the second chance , made me have fun with the unit.
I can get great hits/sessions ... but it is still full of workarounds.
I wish the company were more forthcoming and concerned.
You guys here are the best community in the MMJ world!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Vitolo e-mail "Kevin" back and tell him the stem fell out when the unit was upright. Mention to him you are afraid of it falling out while upright and burning your lap when it falls in your lap. Tell him how it feel out on your wife's lap once already and made her jump up from the pain it caused. I would tell them this is a safety issue for you and you need it fixed in order to feel comfortable using their product. There is loose for convenience and features and there is loose because of a design flaw that can cause the potential for burn.

Slightly Medicated,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have told all of this to Kevin and more.
He was sent that video as well as links to our discussion about this issue here.
He was sent another video that was a bit more graphic, that I choose not to air here, because it could cause the company lose business.. which is not my intent. I want them to fly right so I CAN recommend them!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
That is a real shame that you went that far and they still did not seem to want to help you. Companies can live or die on their customer service. The simple fact that there is so much discrepancy between the models it makes it hard for me to recommend them. I got a good one (I think) and I would hate to recommend it and someone gets a loose stem like yours. I would feel very bad having reccomended it.

I just got mine from:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0061JQSGY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

The seller was SuperDuperDeals. I ended up getting the M107 where you have to heat up the stems in order for them to fit.

Slightly Medicated,
Top Bottom