Arizer Solo

Lostclusters

Kaptan said:
Lostclusters said:
shadyonedeath said:
Anyone else getting serious headaches?

Do you use your Solo for multiple 12 minute sessions? Does the whole unit heat up and feel warm in your hand? You may be partially melting the plastic plate at the bottom of the bowl assembly (assuming you have one like the two of mine). There is not much room between it and the block that holds the heater/bowl. It gets warm in there. And it is in the air path. It is the next project of mine to replace that piece with something a little more heat resistant. I will try to contact the Arizer folks and find out what that is made of and how much heat it can resist from back to back 12 minute sessions.

I use mine, sometimes for multiple back to back sessions, with no side effects other than those associated getting medicated. My SS one gets more use now that the nasty flux smell and taste is gone.
It's not plastic. It's Mica.

I do not think so. The block surrounding the bowl/heater probably is (bottom too). Under that block is a plastic plate that form fits around the bottom of the mica one you are talking about. The clearance between the two can not be more than 1/8" (sorry metric folks). Have you taken yours apart? When the Solo is in operation, it is difficult sometimes to hold the bottom of that mica piece against the back of my finger.

Lostclusters,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
@tokinginger

Welcome to you as well. I do want to warn you...never vape before class! I never did.

But class is over now and so tell us your first impressions. Was it as good for you as it was for me? :brow:

Hope you enjoy it and we welcome your input or questions.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

OhTheAgony said:
Vaped Ape said:
For you two fisted vapefucks (that's a term of endearment for FC dudes and dudettes) that have 2 Solos.
Don't ticket me MOD Max

Willeh will love it: http://www.planetvape.ca/glass-14mm-double-bowl-y-adapter.html

Da Ape

That looks pretty cool Ape, I may have to try that sometime, ha!

OTA Send me a ticket. I would much rather share it with you on your soil. I hear good things about your herb.

Yeah you buy the ticket, furnish the herb, put me up for a week and then we will see what you think. Oh, and I will swing buy and p/u Dorkus too! He is always up for a good time and probably a free high.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Who told you about my herbs? :cool:

Tickets are in the mail. I'm broke as hell though, so I could only afford boat tickets & you're gonna have to work for food.

Shouldn't be more than a 6 week trip though :brow:

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

just checking potential flight times now.
or you both could come & hang out here at the beach where its nice & warm.
I got some nice sativa coming :cool: , vape all day, just grinning like a mofo.

no couchlock, good to get out & about on & do shit.

or a flight somewhere else is cool, always wanted to go & visit the clogwogs (I used to have dutch friends & they refer themselves thusly, so no disrespect OTA) and say hi. :D

oh theres only a boat on offer now?? OK, its a HUGE political issue in this country, so no thanks.
they mightnt let me back in on the way home.

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I vote beach!

We're in mid-winter, even though it seems to be a soft one this year. Not sure if momma-nature is done yet though, better be safe :brow:

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

welcome vapor brothers, the facilities are crude, but functional.
along with the fine sunny weather, there are lots of nice things to look at that wear, well not much at all. :brow:

Although some of the porcine members of the community are not too cool. :o
Got Johnny Law staked out the front waiting for my feral neighbour. I know they are here for the skank across the road, but its freaking me out man!
hurry up & piss off. :uhoh:

dorkus_molorkus,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
dorkus_molorkus said:
oh theres only a boat on offer now?? OK, its a HUGE political issue in this country, so no thanks.
they mightnt let me back in on the way home.

Bahaha, that just made my day.

I had a mental picture of Tony Abbott in his speedos refusing to let you back in.

Frederick McGuire,

mari

Please do not put flammable liquids in your microwave. If you do this in an apartment or city block, then you are seriously endangering other people's lives.

Solo stems are far too expensive for me, so i bought some 14mm test tubes

aRLSS.jpg

and made my own

Qe8Lu.jpg

using a propane/butane torch and pliers... it is challenging to create a round-tight-fitting stem by hand. Be sure to anneal your work.

[edit] to fit tightly the portion of the stem in the crucible must be 14.5mm

mari,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Mica...there was an issue with that in the original E. The mica was producing some dust. Is the mica in the Solos dusty at all? Just curious, since I thought they would have shied away from mica given the stink it caused in the E.

stickstones,

mari

stickstones said:
Mica...there was an issue with that in the original E. The mica was producing some dust. Is the mica in the Solos dusty at all?.

No, the Solo does not "offdust".

mari,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Wow Mari, you have a hilarious avatar!! I have been digging my solo on the road. Did the pop can trick and even added some felt "shims" on the inside to avoid rattle. The curved glass "straw" looks a little wonky if someone were to really study me drinking my soda, but it makes sense to exercise reasonable caution anyway in many cases. When will our civilization stop ragging on peeps for loving their cannameds? :ninja: :peace:

Bluntcrush,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mari said:
Please do not put flammable liquids in your microwave. If you do this in an apartment or city block, then you are seriously endangering other people's lives.

http://i.imgur.com/aRLSS.jpg

and made my own

http://i.imgur.com/Qe8Lu.jpg

using a propane/butane torch and pliers... it is challenging to create a round-tight-fitting stem by hand. Be sure to anneal your work.

How did you "anneal your work"?

This is extremely important. If done incorrectly (or not done at all) then you wind up with a glass tube that could shatter without warning when it undergoes a temperature change. Needless to say, that is a highly dangerous thing to happen to a glass tube that you might be holding near your face.

pakalolo,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
Wow! well then go-on w/yer badself! :D Freakin badassery right there sister/brother/cousin,! :cool:
I don't imagine the 14mim ttubes cost to much...
How long did it take to make the 1st one?
and how much faster to make the 2nd?
More importantly: how do the compare to the originals??

mari said:

http://i.imgur.com/aRLSS.jpg

and made my own

http://i.imgur.com/Qe8Lu.jpg

Chance2Vape,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
mari said:
stickstones said:
Mica...there was an issue with that in the original E. The mica was producing some dust. Is the mica in the Solos dusty at all?.

No, the Solo does not "offdust".

Thanks, mari. Are you familiar with what I am talking about? There was a silver mica shim in the old E that had dust that would rub off to the touch. I don't think it ever ended up in the air path, but there was a little stink about it and Arizer eventually ended up changing it and offering replacement shims for anyone who wanted one (I think).

stickstones,

tokinginger

Vaped Ape said:
@tokinginger

Welcome to you as well. I do want to warn you...never vape before class! I never did.

But class is over now and so tell us your first impressions. Was it as good for you as it was for me? :brow:

Da Ape
I know better than to toke before class, I don't drive well high as I learned when I was 18 (14 years ago), so I don't put myself in that situation. I might try driving high again when I have a good space where I can do so safely, but that won't come until summer. I think it's best to not drive high, but to each their own. Some drive well like that!

To answer your question, it was amazing, way too easy to over do it though. The full 12 minutes is enough to over do it. I'm not noticing monster clouds or anything, but who needs clouds when you can get easily ripped? I was actually a little worried that it wouldn't work at first.:lol: Then I had that moment of....YUP, I'm stoned!:ko:

tokinginger,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
tokinginger said:
Vaped Ape said:
@tokinginger

Da Ape
I know better than to toke before class, I don't drive well high as I learned when I was 18 (14 years ago), so I don't put myself in that situation. I might try driving high again when I have a good space where I can do so safely, but that won't come until summer. I think it's best to not drive high, but to each their own. Some drive well like that!

To answer your question, it was amazing, way too easy to over do it though. The full 12 minutes is enough to over do it. I'm not noticing monster clouds or anything, but who needs clouds when you can get easily ripped? I was actually a little worried that it wouldn't work at first.:lol: Then I had that moment of....YUP, I'm stoned!:ko:

let the herb and the stem warm up some more before hitting and you will get big clouds. Glad your enjoying your Solo.

ru_frothi,

mari

I anneal using a technique taught to me by my chemistry professor.

[edit] i have been advised to warn you not to try this without proper training: glass needs proper handling or it can unexpectedly shatter and that would be bad near your face.

I dont know how long they took to make, as i was sort of chatting and doing other things in-between.

mari,

Vaped Ape

^^^^Couldn't you just put stems in an oven at 450F as soon as you shut off the torch and approve of the results and back the temp down slowly over couple of hrs. Sort of controlling the heat as a means of cool down rather than say just a ambient air cool down. After a couple of hrs of backing down the heat I would think the anneal process would be complete. You're just trying not to cause the item to go brittle. Not dissimilar really from metal working but in metal working you are controlling the warpage that can occur with a fast cool down. Metal can get brittle too when you loose the temper.

But still the only way to know if your process was successful is to test crash it or have it blow up. I will stick to paying the price and cutting them down for peace of mind.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

'' But still the only way to know if your process was successful is to test it or have it blow up. I will stick to paying the price and cutting them down for peace of mind''

pussy ;)

dorkus_molorkus,

Vaped Ape

@tokinginger

Make sure you herb is finely ground-no packing-just pour it in over the screen and fully heat to your chosen heat pop in the stem and the heat may drop for a second. When the herb has been heating for 15-20 seconds it should produce max clouds. No cloud does not mean you are not getting active vapor. Slow draw until you find your lung capacity. You have to experiment. I have seen new users instinctively swallow the vapor and that isn't what you want. Slow draw (maybe 5-10 seconds) and hold it a bit. Let the resins accumulate in the stem. When the stem is pretty dark, you have options for the gooey stem. Easiest option is to put the stem in a sauce pan of whole milk-1cup. I like to put in a pat of pure butter too. Slow heat so you do not scorch it. When the stem has come clean add you chocolate chips/coco mix. Drink it on way to work or class-oh you don't drive loaded ;) ...well do it at night after studying is done.

Ck out the edible section of FC too.

This guy has 1/2 inch stainless screens-100 count for a $1, buy it now. Comes in a plain envelope.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGH-QUALIT...241?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6f06edd1

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

cluffy

Vaker
dorkus_molorkus said:
'' But still the only way to know if your process was successful is to test it or have it blow up. I will stick to paying the price and cutting them down for peace of mind''

pussy ;)

Just wear safety glasses when you vape, no worries!

cluffy,

Vaped Ape

dorkus_molorkus said:

pussy ;)

I am the first violate all my safety advice, but I am first to give it. I have access to free safety glasses so I have them all over the shop, but still I get anxious to finish the job and shortcut sometimes and

I ain't no pussy! I just like it. :D

Da ape

Vaped Ape,
Top Bottom