Arizer Solo

Choices

Should I get the solo2 or get the og version

Lots of OG zealots here. Here is what I’d do if I were you. Get the OG model for now and learn the unique qualities of the Solo. Then ask yourself that question so many here already have asked themselves. Why chase better when this is so good? If you answer with no more chasing, you have a legendary classic with so much maturity to the design. A Mercedes W123 so to speak.
Now if you yearn for more then get the newer model and know you have a fantastic backup with interchangeable parts. Just my two cents...

myla

Anvibian
I still have my power pass-through OG Solo and still love it, just like @ataxian said "ït wouldn't die". I have bought a Solo 2 for a friend and have tried it, it does heat up faster and have bigger battery capacity which is a big plus if you use it often outside. Otherwise, they pretty much perform very similarly. The price would be the issue here. Let's put it this way, if my OG solo dies and I need to replace it and I have a choice of the OG power pass-through solo and a solo 2, I would choose the power pass-through solo! However, the current OG solo does not have the power pass-through feature which is a shame. The power pass-through one has better heating signature than battery.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I still have my power pass-through OG Solo and still love it, just like @ataxian said "ït wouldn't die". I have bought a Solo 2 for a friend and have tried it, it does heat up faster and have bigger battery capacity which is a big plus if you use it often outside. Otherwise, they pretty much perform very similarly. The price would be the issue here. Let's put it this way, if my OG solo dies and I need to replace it and I have a choice of the OG power pass-through solo and a solo 2, I would choose the power pass-through solo! However, the current OG solo does not have the power pass-through feature which is a shame. The power pass-through one has better heating signature than battery.
I get it to have a impressive collection of vaporizer’s!

Da SOLO seriously is basic & work’s perfectly for me?
Other people continue their search I guess?
My SOLO will not die?

So I keep 4 now!

The SOLO TWO is on my bucket list 4 replacement.
@OF is responsible for making it last so long!

myla

Anvibian
I get it to have a impressive collection of vaporizer’s!

Da SOLO seriously is basic & work’s perfectly for me?
Other people continue their search I guess?
My SOLO will not die?

So I keep 4 now!

The SOLO TWO is on my bucket list 4 replacement.
@OF is responsible for making it last so long!
Yes @OF is the person to seek advice on Solo and/or battery issues imho

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes @OF is the person to seek advice on Solo and/or battery issues imho
I’m pretending to know shit?

@OF know’s more than I?

4-me I just medicate & study ?

CANNABIS is better than MILK?
Why is it demonized?
JACK HERER wrote: The EMPIRE wear’s no clothes.

DUTCH CRUNCH = DUTCH TREAT X JACK HERER if you can find it buy it?

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
GOOD morning everyone I found out that if you go to everybody does it you can get the solo 2 for 160
I'm thinking you'll be very happy with either one. I love my Solo, especially now that I have my Blackwood stem from @Ed's TnT. I don't care for digital enough to pay extra for it, but I love the blue color you can only get with the Solo II. I love the black as well, and that's what I have so I'm happy, happy, happy with mine, and hope you are equally happy with whichever you choose.

hans solo

Left coast Canada
I had a thought and would be interested in an opinion.
I use my solo ll mostly in an inverted position on my bong.
Based on the amount of resin that accumulates on the water piece and on the wpa
Does the vapour that rises up between hits enter the unit and to what consequences.

OF

I use my solo ll mostly in an inverted position on my bong.

Does the vapour that rises up between hits enter the unit and to what consequences.

At least some of it no doubt does 'backflow' but it'll be minor compared to what happens 'downstream'. It will, naturally, condense as it cools to some extent.

However, condensate is neither conductive nor corrosive and therefore should present no issues there. If it gets excessive, smell might become an issue. Until then I suggest you enjoy your Solo.

OF

OF

I would think that if anything flowed down towards the oven it would simply be vaped off from the heat. It gathers in the stem because it cools going that way.... at least, that seems logical.

True enough in the normal mode of use. But here, used inverted over a WT there at two additional forces that will cause 'backflow' up and into the vape. First there's that old 'hot air rising' thing. At idle this means vapor floats into the vape, not up the glass stem (minor as that flow might be). Also when you end the hit in the WT, the water level in the downtube to the part that bubbles rises back to the neutral level to match the water in the main sump. This mean a puff of vapor is 'pumped' upward into the vape under a bit of pressure (a couple 'inches of water'?). This is probably the biggest contribution in normal use?

Still it'll condense near the oven as soon as it cools. Where heat, later on, will tend to evaporate it off again and hopefully through the WT and into the OP's waiting mouth. Waste not, want not.

OF

OF

I have seen a couple videos where non working units were disassembled with all boards cleaned resulting in a fixed unit.
The claims were it was resin that was cleaned off..........seemed legit to me.

In troubleshooting circles this is known as a variation on 'the flashlight syndrome'. In classic form have a dead and working flashlight, you clean contacts, swap in a known good bulb from the working unit and new batteries and are still in the dark. In this version, you take the flashlight apart, look at all the pieces, put it together and it now works (you're having done nothing you can claim).

The fact remains, condensate doesn't conduct electricity worth worry. It's an insulator as are most oils. Something else must have done it, cleaning would not in this case (perhaps if it was so fouled the switches couldn't move????). IMO nothing to worry about there.

Polar chemicals, like say table salt, can conduct by ions. Ironically (clean) water does not, any conductivity that happens is because of stuff dissolved in it. For practical purposes all modern circuit boards (like in Solo) are washed at least once, often more, before you get it. Detergent in water, followed by rinses.

My advice is to still not worry about it and enjoy the Solo. You buy such things to enjoy, worry you can get cheaper almost anywhere.

Mother's Day regards to all.

OF

OF

I often "fix" appliances and what not by taking apart and cleaning..........fun to do to!

See, you're a professional potentially. It goes on the bill as 'Dissassembly, Inspection and Alignment'...... A convenient side benefit is you don't have to produce the failed parts on demand, like if you'd actually did change out a bad part.

You can also be another source of a genuine "basket case", where you put all the parts that refuse to go together in a (traditionally bushel) basket and take it to someone else. In my youth, when we actually fixed TVs there were always a few such on the back bench for endless hours of fun and head scratching when things to slow.

Ah, those were the days....... A truly primitive time, before cable, when you put an antenna on the roof if you wanted to watch any of the 2 or 3 stations 'on the air' in your area.

OF

Top Bottom