invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Where is AGRABAH?

My friend, it is but a magical place!!

176165-16317.jpg

Vitolo

Vaporist
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...grabah-arabia--fictional-home-of-aladdin.html
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...elcome-refugees-agrabah-home-disneys-aladdin/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...2/18/political-ignorance-and-bombing-agrabah/
Look at these links.
The Political parties themselves do not know that Agrabah is a fictional city (though based on Baghdad)
They took polls and just look at how many wanted to bomb Agrabah..... and how many wanted to give Agrabahdians refuge in the US!
What a joke.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...grabah-arabia--fictional-home-of-aladdin.html
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...elcome-refugees-agrabah-home-disneys-aladdin/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...2/18/political-ignorance-and-bombing-agrabah/
Look at these links.
The Political parties themselves do not know that Agrabah is a fictional city (though based on Baghdad)
They took polls and just look at how many wanted to bomb Agrabah..... and how many wanted to give Agrabahdians refuge in the US!
What a joke.

I Know I'd welcome refuges from Agrabah in a heartbeat. It would be downright magical to sit and share a solo stem or two with a few Agrabahites.

(EDIT) and i bet they could share at least 1001 amazing stories to entertain and enthrall while we're getting a nice buzz.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I Know I'd welcome refuges from Agrabah in a heartbeat. It would be downright magical to sit and share a solo stem or two with a few Agrabahites.

(EDIT) and i bet they could share at least 1001 amazing stories to entertain and enthrall while we're getting a nice buzz.
Where is "AGRABHA"?

CALIFORNIA is OK to some.
Some don't like it?
The weather is very amazing?
kZFPaW5.jpg

OREGON GLASS BLOWER = MOUTHPIECE
TRYING to BE = CIVILIZED
SOLO + homemade GonG + SPOILED CANDY = OTHER SOLAR SYSTEM

FUTURAMA will increase your knowhow!
p184499_b_v8_aa.jpg

sickmanfraud

Has anyone bought any bent Solo stems recently?

The last "batch" of stems I got were so tight as to make them unusable.

Anyone who recently bought Solo Stems and is satisfied please let me / us know where we can get $10 bent Solo stems?

Thanks

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
so I just bought a new arizer air instead, but all that made me realize is that I want to refurbish my solo and start using it.

The Solo was a better option in my case. Longer battery life, even longer with a new replacement 3400mah.

I have ordered two batteries off ebay. The first one failed within a month. The other is still going strong after 3 months or so. Does seem like rolling dice, would be nice to have a better source.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Ed's TnT is starting to sell glass. I have not bought any of his stems but am curious if it will help with those that have too tight draw issues. Look into the glass section.

Here is a link to his glass section.

I'm still using a shorty PVHES stem with my Solo from a couple of years ago. I bought several at the time, because of the cost of shipping. It works awesome to open up the air path. Recently I haven't bought any. I do plan on buying some from @Ed's TnT. I may wait until I buy a new log vape from him.

Last edited:

TheWhisper

@Ed's TnT is starting to sell glass. I have not bought any of his stems but am curious if it will help with those that have too tight draw issues. Look into the glass section.

Here is a link to his glass section.

I'm still using a shorty PVHES stem with my Solo from a couple of years ago. I bought several at the time, because of the cost of shipping. It works awesome to open up the air path. Recently I haven't bought any. I do plan on buying some from @Ed's TnT. I may wait until I buy a new log vape from him.

I'm very curious about his 3D Flow Booster stem.

OF

I have ordered two batteries off ebay. The first one failed within a month. The other is still going strong after 3 months or so. Does seem like rolling dice, would be nice to have a better source.

This is along the lines I'd expect. Packs will fail (probably quickly) from defects (bad/cheap parts, improper assembly/poor QC, and so on) or 'near term' (under say 200 full cycles) by badly out of balance cells in the battery (the strong one naturally beats up the weak in such cases). Those that survive this gauntlet can look forward to long and productive life with slowly deteriorating capacity (less sessions per charge) finally ending their useful life. The cells just wear out, still more or less in balance. If they were a fine team of horses you'd be looking for a good pasture for them......

In the Quality world, the first part is made up of "Infant Failures". All 'populations show them'. Like puppies and people. And refrigerators. Some percentage dies very quickly for many reasons sometimes, that rate drops sharply in a 'healthy' product. That is the number of dogs (or people) that die each month falls fast to a low value and rises only very slowly for a majority of the time. Rising fairly sharply as new issues become the cause of death case by case. That's the goal of real QA (as opposed to Inspection and 'control'), to build that curve with the sharpest possible drop, slowest rise and so on. Same as in society and puppy litters. And refrigerators. And vapes/battery packs. To make that happen it's essential to get the 'near term' failures to zero (or as low as at all possible) so that 'dying of old age' becomes normal. No easy job (done right) I can assure you.

Thanks for the data point.

It would be interesting to know why the first pack died I think. Do still have it? Can/did you open it up and see how it was built inside? Sometimes there's obvious clues to be seen behind the screen.....

Good luck with the second pack, sounds to me like you're well into 'is it balanced enough to fly right?' part. Get past that and a normal and happy life based on the cell's normal nature is yours........you scored big time.

Fingers crossed. Thanks again.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The Solo was a better option in my case. Longer battery life, even longer with a new replacement 3400mah.
I love my SOLO and bought the same 3400maH as you!

The AIR is OK for some however useless for me.
SOLO is more bang for the buck.

If $ is important get a SOLO.

Whatever you do = Be CIVILIZED for your situation!

BIG BELT BUCKLES and 4 x 4 with a lift kit in the City?

Rise&Solo

I am a confirmed Solo user, owing 3 of them and rotating them. But I am getting a yen for a straight plug in vaporizer. I'd like to keep it away from the very high end, price-wise, but I now you have to pay for quality. I also want something easy to clean and I prefer handheld to either a whip or balloon. Something that would be a close approximation to a no-battery plug-in-only Solo would be just about perfect.

So, I am open to suggestions. An ideas for me to start checking out?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I am a confirmed Solo user, owing 3 of them and rotating them. But I am getting a yen for a straight plug in vaporizer. I'd like to keep it away from the very high end, price-wise, but I now you have to pay for quality. I also want something easy to clean and I prefer handheld to either a whip or balloon. Something that would be a close approximation to a no-battery plug-in-only Solo would be just about perfect.

So, I am open to suggestions. An ideas for me to start checking out?

I would say evo... not too pricey if you ditch the hydratube and get a dry mouthpiece.....

Iv said few times that I feel like my evo is a supersolo when used dry....

The evo is handheld and very low maintenance when It comes to cleaning....probably one of the easiest vapes to keep clean....

Coming from a solo, taste is hard to beat, but the evo will not dissapoint you....

Hope this helps you....

OF

I am a confirmed Solo user, owing 3 of them and rotating them. But I am getting a yen for a straight plug in vaporizer.

I suggest you check out the HerbalAire. Basically the same size and shape as Solo, a bit lighter. You can also 'blow bags' or use a whip if you want (comes with a pump), but it's really 'in it's own' when used stand alone IMO. Or on a handy WT (the MP mates up directly). I have the V2, IMO the V3 is a bunch of bling that doesn't help make vapor, your call.

Very tough, glass filled nylon body, you could probably hammer nails with it. The V2 is super simple, drop the loaded 'crucible' in, put the (Teflon) top on and dial up the temperature you want.....(after you plug it in, of course.

Big plus? Wait for it......this one REALLY IS CONVECTION!! And it does it in a fun way, which a huge (surface area wise) heat exchanger built under (and around IIRC) the bowl. Tons of perfectly heated air to make lovely vapor on demand. Even though there's metal in the crucible and Teflon ('plastic') for the top and seals the taste difference shines through. And there are guys drilling out the Teflon to insert glass tubes even as we speak.

If you're only going to have ne plug in, IMO it's the one to have. It's the only one I kept, FWIW.

OF

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
An ideas for me to start checking out?

If you have at least one of the older solo models released before the (IMHO stupid) "charge and use at the same time" change was made, there's an 8.5v@5A power supply designed to turn it into (more or less) a desktop - it does not charge - voltage is too low, but it will power the heater and make it hit like a train - mains power makes the Solo much more like a desktop and at about $40 is a worthwhile investment IMHO. http://arizer.com/store/en/20-arizer-solo-accessories at the end of the page.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I suggest you check out the HerbalAire. Basically the same size and shape as Solo, a bit lighter. You can also 'blow bags' or use a whip if you want (comes with a pump), but it's really 'in it's own' when used stand alone IMO. Or on a handy WT (the MP mates up directly). I have the V2, IMO the V3 is a bunch of bling that doesn't help make vapor, your call.

Very tough, glass filled nylon body, you could probably hammer nails with it. The V2 is super simple, drop the loaded 'crucible' in, put the (Teflon) top on and dial up the temperature you want.....(after you plug it in, of course.

Big plus? Wait for it......this one REALLY IS CONVECTION!! And it does it in a fun way, which a huge (surface area wise) heat exchanger built under (and around IIRC) the bowl. Tons of perfectly heated air to make lovely vapor on demand. Even though there's metal in the crucible and Teflon ('plastic') for the top and seals the taste difference shines through. And there are guys drilling out the Teflon to insert glass tubes even as we speak.

If you're only going to have ne plug in, IMO it's the one to have. It's the only one I kept, FWIW.

OF
When your wife is FRENCH 5'9" less than 110 pounds and in better shape than most!
She wants LIME STONE FLOORS and vaporizers that are quiet!
She likes my SOLO and EVO so I use them.
The NANO is quiet as well so that's a good one for my situation.

Call me whipped?

You think BEN FRANKLIN was a player?

I like CANNABIS she never has tried it?
As long has she buy's me VAPORIZER'S and OZ'S I do what she say's.

CANNABIS is a love and so is she.

Whatever she want's I do!

If you were married to LIZ HURLEY would you behave?

SOLO is my portable!

Do what you think is best?
I'll do what is best for me!

I tried over 20 vaporizer's.
For me it's personal!

Last edited:

blackstone

I also like that 3D Flow stem it looks like a cooling unit built into a stem.
Maybe more tricky to reclaim from or clean but there's a workaround for everything now!
I thought they might have a plain glass tube stem like from a log vape or such, where you can put a little basket at one end. Always wanted to buy the tube and make one, but are there any pre-made that will fit the Solo?
Not that I even have the money for it now, or the need! Just something I'd like to try in the future.

I'm surprised by the Evo recommendations but only because last time I checked it's slightly expensive where I am.
I was going to mention the LSV as I've seen them in a clearance sale lately around $150? and even though I have no experience of it, I always thought it was like a plug in Solo (with more convection?), and it appeared to be well liked on this site for a long time.
Also if Dynavap are actually bringing out a heating station I could recommend that, or Vapman has one.
Because from what I hear, butane, combined with other sources of heat, is also able to free people from the process of having to put power into a vape slowly (charging!), while allowing mobile use too.
Not trying to steer you away from an evo though!

Rise&Solo

I would say evo... not too pricey if you ditch the hydratube and get a dry mouthpiece.....

Iv said few times that I feel like my evo is a supersolo when used dry....

The evo is handheld and very low maintenance when It comes to cleaning....probably one of the easiest vapes to keep clean....

Coming from a solo, taste is hard to beat, but the evo will not dissapoint you....

Hope this helps you....

Thanks, that is one I identified already and will be looking at. The price is a little more than I'd like, but manageable if it turns out to be the best choice. I've dabbled a bit with the Solo using a water tool and it really doesn't do that much for me. Maybe because my first incarnation with weed was the smoking variety many years ago, and even dry vapor still seems really mild by comparison.

OF

I just looked at a short youtube demo of it and it looks very very impressive. You say you have the V2, but on PIU and elsewhere I see a 2.2 and an elite (with quite a price difference). Is the 2.2 the V2 you are talking about? I doubt I'd use the balloon or whip, but you never know. Definitely a contender. Do you use PBW for cleaning, as with the Solo?

You might look at logs... I'm going to Heat Island.

I don;t know anything about logs. Can you suggest a specific one I should check out?

If you have at least one of the older solo models released before the (IMHO stupid) "charge and use at the same time" change was made, there's an 8.5v@5A power supply designed to turn it into (more or less) a desktop - it does not charge - voltage is too low, but it will power the heater and make it hit like a train - mains power makes the Solo much more like a desktop and at about $40 is a worthwhile investment IMHO. http://arizer.com/store/en/20-arizer-solo-accessories at the end of the page.

Yeah, I know, but I came into the Solo world too late to score one of them. :| And as I understand it, with the versions I have, charging and using at the same time stresses the battery badly and is not recommended by OF, our resident power and battery expert.

Thanks to all for your responses. I am off to look at reviews on youtube, but I will be checking back so if anyone else has any input I'll say thank you in advance.

I don't come here that often, usually when I have a question. But I really appreciate you folks who are always here, seeming to just be waiting for my question, and then providing useful answers that make sense and that reflect your experience. All of you guys, the ones that answered this time and all the rest, are terrific, thanks.

OF

I just looked at a short youtube demo of it and it looks very very impressive. You say you have the V2, but on PIU and elsewhere I see a 2.2 and an elite (with quite a price difference). Is the 2.2 the V2 you are talking about? I doubt I'd use the balloon or whip, but you never know. Definitely a contender. Do you use PBW for cleaning, as with the Solo?

Yes, I have the current version, 2.2. I had a 2.0 but couldn't really use it because it uses one of those stupid Red/Green LEDs for a critical indicator. Short sighted call by Engineers with normal color vision and no understanding of those of us who don't. Lamest part of an otherwise good vape. the 2.2 corrects that. I would not spend the extra bucks for Elite (never tried one, though......). The 2.2 with it's simple knob is just fine for the use.

Yes, I wash all the parts that get messy in PBW. Wiping the plug off while still hot and having several crucibles to rotate through means I only have to wash it after a LOT of herb has given it's all for me.

I replaced the tiny tube that comes with it with larger diameter high temperature Silicone tube and sometimes leave the HA in my lap or on the chair next to me and vape that way, something I didn't expect. Bags are not for me, although I have a friend that loves them???

Very well thought out, IMO. For instance, the Teflon plug easily slips in the Teflon ring on top when it's cold. Within 15 or so seconds it heats up and expands and grips the ring big time. You can lift the unit by it. What slipped in so easily half a minute before is automatically locked in.

Like Solo, you just don't read about them breaking down. Which is also a nice feature you don't always get?

Randy at PIU is the guy to buy from, he got my money (again). If there's ever any problem, he's aces to have around......none finer.

OF

Top Bottom