Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Welcome all you new soloists. I like a medium grind. I generally fill my stem almost to the top and just give my load a tap with my pinky finger. A very loose load because air flow is essential. I personally start on heat level 4 and usually finish off on temp 5. About half way through my session I bump the heat up.

I have been using a shorty stem with a smaller oven. I get one 10 - 12 min session. Probably about 12-15 draws. My ABV is usually a dark brown with lighter flecks when I'm done.

I like a bent stem but use whatever stem fits my mood or situation.

If I use a standard size oven I can get 2 - 10 min sessions. It would depend on how dry your cannabis is and how hard or long of a draw you take. There are so many variables. I wouldn't draw as hard as a man would.

There's really no right or wrong way, it's whatever works for you.
Folks have different needs medically or recreationally. The Solo works awesome when you can't be tethered by a cord.

With a new vaporizer I usually read through about 20 pages of the thread to get caught up to speed. It's a pretty good read.

Last edited:

uhranium

I like to start at 3 and go to 4 after ~5 minutes.

Another nice technique is to start at 2, but turn it on 1 before you vape, wait some seconds so you can get below 180°C hits.
So if you are at level 2, you have 180°C,
now if you turn it on level 1, it will cool down until it hits 50°C.
If you start vaping some seconds after it turns on level 2 (with no more heating) you can take those 175°-170°C, 165-155°C hits which both have an effect which is more uplifting than couchlocking.You can get a feeling for it just by taste, knowing when a temperature is reached where you should turn it on 2 again to increase temperature.
Either we write down the seconds how long it takes to reach level 2 again or we do it by memory, we can actually turn the solo down to 1 before it hits 180°C so we can again get only those uplifting hits. It's a bit of a hassle, but it does exactly what I miss about my kayaked mighty.

I suggest a PVHES (or any HES) and carelessly suck on it for 30s+ with the hole open, or close the hole with your finger and take deep slow ~15s breaths for thick clouds. If you give the solo to newbies, tell em to leave the hole open and just breathe in. Bingo.

If you revape ABV I suggest adding some sprinkles of fresh weed to it, so you can get some THC instead of mainly CBN/CBD released at higher temps. THis goes into micro-dosing and shows you how little weed you actually need to not feel any withdrawal effects (medical or recreational, YMMV)

Alegre

Pobre payaso
My current situation! I rarely ever know what strain of cannabis I'm vaping, but I always know what I'm vaping it with.

Really digging the short stem.

mnVP6Kj.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Welcome all you new soloists.

There's really no right or wrong way, it's whatever works for you.

I use a SOLO not to get shit faced.
For reading and study I like it.

As @CarolKing say's:

There's no right or wrong way!

When COLLECTOR'S no longer have a SOLO they just want to be shit faced so they move on to something else.

I like the way a SOLO makes me feel. (esoteric)

Do what works for you!

Listening to other's does not apply to all.

Opinion's are like ass holes. (everyone has one)

Some are medical and other's it's recreation.

Excuse me it's SOLO time!

Serial_Vapist

Arizer Solo II Arizer solo OG Xvape Avant
Just a quick note of thanks for the existence of this forum and to all of you who post such helpful information for the benefit of the rest of us.

I thought I'd have to replace my solo after the internal batteries were barely holding a charge (sometimes it wouldn't even turn on when fully charged). However, after reading some earlier posts in this forum I instead upgraded my Solo's poor worn out overworked several-years-old internal batteries with new higher capacity 3400mAH batteries. WOW what a difference! My initial charge just lasted me several days instead of not even one night.

Great info here - yall RAWK! :rockon:

ColeThePilot

Anyone else notice an odd smell coming from their Solo? As I mentioned, I purchased mine second hand, but I thoroughly iso'd the oven of the unit and I'm using a new stem. It smells like burnt toast.

CarolKing

Anyone else notice an odd smell coming from their Solo? As I mentioned, I purchased mine second hand, but I thoroughly iso'd the oven of the unit and I'm using a new stem. It smells like burnt toast.
Did you make sure to be careful and not get the oven too wet. There are tiny holes that liquid can drip down. Best to hold the unit up side down when cleaning out the unit like that. Also the tiny holes can get clogged up. You can unclog them with a tiny pin.

Maybe the vaporizer hasn't been used in a while. That might be where the smell is coming from. It would be hard to tell from here. You can screw off the cap and clean all in through there with a q-tip.

I've had a Solo that I hadn't used in awhile and I didn't notice any weird smells after I started it up.

Edit
Do you shave other vaporizers. They do smell of cannabis after a while if not cleaned out under the cap. The stem will smell too if not cleaned every so often.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
You can unscrew the cap and see if there's any stray bits in there? Some material may have fallen into the tiny holes? Put an empty stem and give it a good few draws to see if you can unsettle anything? Maybe a little bit of compressed air or something? @OF compressed air wouldn't mess anything up right? You've seen the insides of the ovens more than I have...

I hate when my flower is so good I don't want to vape it!! Trinity in the Solo, level 2 dry for those terpenes!! WOW!!! :o:o:o:drool::drool::drool::science::science::science:

jK4R4aq.jpg

94gytBi.jpg

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Buenas noches FC:
I've been indulging in many vapes lately, but I always come back to my Solos as a trustful dependable portable no worries cloud taster/maker that is kind of unbelievable. My Solos are 2012 I believe. They are taking longer to charge/heat. But they still hold like 5 bowls per charge. Amazing since I've been using them non-stop for 4 years at least twice a day each, rotating them. Pretty consistent vapes.
And recently after we gift my friend a brand new model Solo, and trying it, I'm astonished about how much more advanced the Solo is from 2010 when it started I believe.
The heater never stops. Between me and my friend we couldn't stop taking clouds at level 5. The heater reached temp in less than a few blinks. Flavor and restricted airflow are greatly improved IMO.
Popcorn taste takes way longer to be tasted, and airflow is insane. IMO or I'm over restricted airflow vapes, or the new Solos technology is kicking ass my friends. Actually made me jealous about my friend's new Solo, even I'm trying right now some just released convection unit that is ok...
Stay vaped my Solos friends...

Here's my first video ever on YouTube and for FC, circa April 2012...

And here's a better one after I got my second Solo... totally stoked!!!

OF

Maybe a little bit of compressed air or something? @OF compressed air wouldn't mess anything up right? You've seen the insides of the ovens more than I have...

I'd be careful there, depending on how you do it I can see breaking the leads (small risk I think but it could kill the Solo) or jamming debris into cracks so hard (due to the pressure/power available) so it not onnly blocks air flow but never comes out?

OF

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I packed a stem, inserted it and then set the temp to 7. Sometimes I like to bring the temp to 7 and give it one hard and fast intake, hamster style, to build a dark crust on the side facing the oven. This also 'binds' the herb somewhat so tiny flakes don't fall out of the stem and into the oven. Then I dial it down to level 4 or 5......

Well, this time I got distracted and forgot. When I got back to the Solo about 20 minutes later the 12 minutes had passed at level 7 and the auto-shutoff kicked in. I turned it on again and went to hit what I thought would be a fresh bowl. The entire session was lame/diluted and I attributed it to cooking the herb for 12 minutes. I even jacked it back up to level 7 and barely got any vapor.

I can usually get 2 to 3 sessions out of a fresh stem and I always wondered if I was wasting anything if I left the herb cooking without hitting it. Based on the lame session described above I'll be taking the stem out when I finished a session instead of leaving it in a hot oven when there is another session or two left in it. Waste not, want not?

Anyone experience the same thing or was this just one erroneous event?

OF

Anyone experience the same thing or was this just one erroneous event?

I've never got distracted and left it on on 'top whack', but have at 4 or so and found it 'stale' when I tried a second time. This is unlike what happens when you leave a stem in the Purple Days overnight ('full potency' many hours later), I suspect because it's enough cooler? This may explain the big difference between being 'stale' in my experience at step 4 and yours at 'being trashed' at seven?

Then again, we must be imagining all this. I have it on very good authority that Solo is a convection vape so with no airflow.........

OF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
At 6-7 after 12 minutes without hitting on my solo the load is pretty well spent too, a stem left in my hi or UD overnight is decarbed a bit but viable for a few really good but less tasty hits then a fresh bowl.

The solo to me seems only to be 'convection' if your hitting it, otherwise it still bakes your herbs all the way to Done and worthless if left on and loaded on the highest temps.

CarolKing

My above post do you "shave" other vaporizers, should have said do you "have". I was rereading my post above after the edit. I use an iPad and sometimes will have errors, if I'm not checking closely. Keyboard is sometimes tricky. I bought the iPad Pro a few weeks ago. An upgrade from my iPad 2.

Had the Solo out on the patio earlier today. I saw that I had only 2 lights left on the battery when I was done. I put it on the charge and it said I had 4 lights left. The battery has about an hour on it or a little more when fully charged. It just took 40 min to get to green then I took it off the charge. I've noticed that before where it didn't show accurate battery level.

It didn't do that in its younger days. I guess we are both getting forgetful.:hmm:

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Had the Solo out on the patio earlier today. I saw that I had only 2 lights left on the battery when I was done. I put it on the charge and it said I had 4 lights left.

My solo is young, only a few months old, and I've taken care of my battery...
But it does the same, 2 lights left, put on charge and it shows 3 or 4...

I assumed this was normal, maybe the solo reads charge different when it's discharging to when it's charging, I'm sure there is a logical explanation for this, maybe @OF knows...

Top Bottom