Arizer Solo

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape
conduction?
The SOLO is a convection vape, right?
Or did i miss something?
This question comes up a lot, stirs up some debate, but most would say conduction.
I agree, it is marketed as a conduction vape. And it is, but I can make it convection by pulling the stem up a bit from the bottom.
I can insert a cold stem, 1/16th" to 1/8th" from the bottom, take a nice slow draw, and blow clouds! Ditto for the Air.

Buzzbomb Almighty

Something like this between the bubbler and gong would eliminate the need to lift the gong/solo in order to clear the jar. It's a little expensive, but I haven't found it anywhere else. I like the concept. I would probably keep a slip-on vinyl cap on the branch.

1432749891036-1911907689.jpeg

http://www.oregonglassblower.com/18mm-Glass-Adapter-With-Carb-18M-18F-18m18f-C.htm
The pipe bowl that came with my bubbler has a handle, and it is nice. I've just been using folded kleenex to remove gong from bubbler and tap it out. When two-handing solo and bubbler I don't know if I'd want to be occupied with holding a finger over that hole then opening to clear the glass, I generally don't clear it after every puff.

Buzzbomb Almighty,
Reactions: Dr. Soxhlet

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
My gardening vaporizer. The Solo is rugged with the wooden stem. I can use this as a WonG or a mouthpiece for those times i don't want to break glass. This wooden mouthpiece is from @Ed's TnT

The base I bought from @Pipes fellow FCer. It chipped at bit on the bottom but that's OK. The Solo goes through a lot.

Last edited:

TheWhisper

Good afternoon, I am sorry to hear your misfortune but hey it didnt break and that is a good thing! As far as finish I dont do anything other than wipe it with some BAB and then wipe it off, its completely natural for the most part. What species was the stem? The species I use for the solo stems are relatively super dense as the grain goes. I would like to see a pic of the chip if possible and we can go from there with any recommendations if you like. I am sure we can figure something out. I will be looking out to hear from you and wish you well.

@CarolKing Thanks for stepping up as always pitching in with your advise, much appreciated and I hope you are doing great also!

It's a blackwood stem. I'll get you a photo and PM it over. Thanks!

HomeFree

Found myself a mp for the solo stem made of rubber...... it's ok for now until I find the one @ataxian has!

Try some drip tips for ecigs. Not all will fit and some will fall out but a little more than half, maybe 3/4 fit in my stems. If you go to a brick and mortar you could bring in a clean stem to see if they fit, or you could do like ataxian has done and get a chillum deal (bring in clean stem to check fit as well), but I have never done that myself. Long stem is generally enough for me.

I have an allergy to nickel now so I don't use drip tips unless they are glass, which is a moot point with a glass stem, all it will do is extend it half an inch. The cheap nickel drip tips seem to give better flavor than using it normal. It seems like it deposits flavors better on the tongue. Maybe with a smaller diameter opening it concentrates flavors in one spot or something. I am not sure. Maybe it is just my imagination. More than likely I could use a nickel drip tip for a few minutes a day without getting chapped, dry lips, but I avoid nickel and brass for sure.

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Try some drip tips for ecigs. Not all will fit and some will fall out but a little more than half, maybe 3/4 fit in my stems. If you go to a brick and mortar you could bring in a clean stem to see if they fit, or you could do like ataxian has done and get a chillum deal (bring in clean stem to check fit as well), but I have never done that myself. Long stem is generally enough for me.

I have an allergy to nickel now so I don't use drip tips unless they are glass, which is a moot point with a glass stem, all it will do is extend it half an inch. The cheap nickel drip tips seem to give better flavor than using it normal. It seems like it deposits flavors better on the tongue. Maybe with a smaller diameter opening it concentrates flavors in one spot or something. I am not sure. Maybe it is just my imagination. More than likely I could use a nickel drip tip for a few minutes a day without getting chapped, dry lips, but I avoid nickel and brass for sure.

Thanks for the reply! I tried to find a drip tip in every smoke/vape shop in town with no luck. I did take a clean stem with me but all the tips I tried were too small. I eventually did find the rubber tip I posted but it's not really what I'm looking for.

I'm not sure what a chillum is......going to research it.

I'm suprised that Arizer doesn't sell tips for the stems, it feels kind of unnatural to me to puff on the glass stems.... feels too thick, Could be me though.

Btw, sorry to hear about your allergy!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
They're small combustion pieces that are straight. The old schoolw ay of using them is by sticking it in between your fingers and making a cup with your hands around your mouth to inhale. The old school ones also have bigger capacity than the glass ones. Gotta findone with a big enough inner diameter to collaborate with the glass stem and a little piece of silicone to hold it in place. I've got one kicking around somewhere I throw on occasionally. Mostly stick to the short glass air stem.

Hey guys, I tried searching but haven't been able to find an answer.

Have had my solo for almost two years now (got it in July/2014) model M1Y1

Has been a great unit until today.

I fully charged it last night. Was about to use the unit and it looked fine.

Packed my bowl, put the stem in. Turn it on as usual. Blue idle Led turns on when I hold the two arrow buttons down.
7 amber LEDs light up showing full battery. Hit my setting up to 5.

Red heat LED flashes once along with blue idle LED flashing once as well and then the unit turns off.

OK... Wtf
Try again. Maybe different heat setting. Same thing. Blue idle led turns on, 7 LEDs up for battery - choose heat setting 7 this time. Bam same thing. Red heat led and blue idle led flash once and turns off.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it greatly.

I emailed arizer to see what's up.

Thanks in advance.

numbchucked,
Reactions: OF
@numbchucked This might help. Doing a reset, soft and hard.

If it doesn't help maybe it needs to be sent in for repairs. There is a 2 year warranty. How had the battery been doing?

Edit
Listen to @OF

Thanks CarolKing I'll give this a try as well.

Yep, sure sounds like battery failure to me. It'll hold enough charge to support running the processor and LEDs but when it comes time for serious power to heat it fades really fast.

OF

Thanks @OF

The battery was doing not bad.
I could run maybe 2-4 'cycles' before needing to recharge. A cycle for me would be heat at 5 for the 12 min duration and then back on at 7 setting for the 12 min or so. (sometimes I turn it off before the 12 min auto off comes into play.)

I read from arizer battery is only 1 year warranty. So if it's a battery issue I'll have to replace this on my own I believe. I remember seeing people do the battery upgrade here, I'll try to find it.

But if anyone can point me in the direction of where to get a new battery or something?

Anyways thank you everyone for helping me. Was pretty sad when it didn't work haha!

Hoping it's just a 'minor' problem of replacing a battery pack or something and nothing major.

Thanks again

Thanks CarolKing I'll give this a try as well.

Thanks @OF

The battery was doing not bad.
I could run maybe 2-4 'cycles' before needing to recharge. A cycle for me would be heat at 5 for the 12 min duration and then back on at 7 setting for the 12 min or so. (sometimes I turn it off before the 12 min auto off comes into play.)

I read from arizer battery is only 1 year warranty. So if it's a battery issue I'll have to replace this on my own I believe. I remember seeing people do the battery upgrade here, I'll try to find it.

But if anyone can point me in the direction of where to get a new battery or something?

Anyways thank you everyone for helping me. Was pretty sad when it didn't work haha!

Hoping it's just a 'minor' problem of replacing a battery pack or something and nothing major.

Thanks again

You can buy a battery through Puffitup or Planetvape. Puffitups price was $50

Thanks!

@numbchucked I see your in Canada?
@CentiZen Has got super battery for solo might suit you better.
I was just on vapepower.ca

They don't have any in stock :(

OF

I was just on vapepower.ca

They don't have any in stock :(

Of course not. They only have stock when you don't need them...... You must be new to all this?

You're sending it in for evaluation, right? No need to panic until they confirm that's the problem. Who knows, they may offer you a discounted price for replacement since they have it apart? If not, you might seriously contact our CentiZen, his 'extended life' packs are well liked.

One way or another, I hope it's back on line soon. A good man deserves a Solo you know.

OF

OF

I think the bad ones do as well. You wouldn't deny men like me the joy of Solo ownership, would you?:evil:

Sorry, we don't reward bad behavior. There's plenty of lesser vapes available for the Naughty, I suggest Solos be reserved for the Nice. Let Santa determine distribution if necessary........

If there is a Hell, it has no Solos.
You are seriously fucking with my permanent vacation plans, Q.

Remember we're the generation that built a stairway to Heaven but a highway to Hell? What does that say about our expected traffic patterns?

Then again, maybe Hell has LOTS of Solos with dead batteries and a rumor that somewhere, in the pile, is one that does work if you can only find it......

OF

HomeFree

Thanks for the reply! I tried to find a drip tip in every smoke/vape shop in town with no luck. I did take a clean stem with me but all the tips I tried were too small. I eventually did find the rubber tip I posted but it's not really what I'm looking for.

I'm not sure what a chillum is......going to research it.

I'm suprised that Arizer doesn't sell tips for the stems, it feels kind of unnatural to me to puff on the glass stems.... feels too thick, Could be me though.

Btw, sorry to hear about your allergy!

ecig vape shops should have drip tips and they probably have the largest margin as well. That is weird. Most are essentially universal, you just want to make sure you don't crack your stem from it being too snug. I am pretty sure you know what they look like. You can see one Ataxian's photo with the book.

Arizer tipped stems:

http://www.puffitup.com/Air-Glass-Aroma-Tube-p/arz.air-106_tube.htm

Stealth stem which could likely be used as a long tip:

http://www.planetvape.ca/solo-stealth-adapter.html I would like to get one eventually myself

Joda stem to see if you like it (KINDA like a mouthpiece):

http://www.puffitup.com/Joda-Long-Stem-p/jod.stem-long.htm

Top Bottom