Arizer Solo

dorkus_molorkus

vape4health said:
Yep I just hand it over too and they say "what do I do" I say "hit that fucker" and bam fat clouds all day.

For some reason I'm looking at a eclipse H20 or the likes, can anyone say if any other portable they have will vape dirty oil as easy as the Solo can, I pack half a stem then throw in a BB sized ball of oil/sludge then the other half of the stem put it on 7 then vape my head off. Most of the time I get 2 full cycles of awsome clouds then dump.

you my friend have just saved christmas!
praise jeebus!
I have stayed away from using my solo for the QWISO ABV jelly hash, and have been (gasp) combusting it.
Using my solo stem as a crackish looking hashpipe with a screen.

Well sometimes the QWISO ABV gunge is a bit hard to smoke. Cuz it taste like shit sometimes.

I am on rations here ATM for meds. Made a qwiso wash yesterday & have tried using it with my solo just as described as above & I am very impressed.

Here I am on christmas eve with 2 grams of bud, 2 zips of ABV, 250ml of 99% ISO & 3 tins of butane & my turkey baster extracter dealy.

My missus is gonna be pissed when i have to go & do some BHO ABV runs in between the xmas roast & the fixins being made.

LOL- its got inspector gadget/ cloueseau written all over it! I swear, if I dont blow my silly ass up it'll be a miracle.

A festivus miracle at that.

Happy festivus/ christmas to you all.

May any clouds on your holiday horizon be foggy ones.

oh & also, thanks for the heads up in the classified thread regarding the omicron not doing your DIY oli so well. I was wondering & was slowly plowing my way thru the thread, but you answered my main question, so cheers.
:D
:peace:

the airing of grievences seems to have started early in my house, (not in my favour I might add) I hope to come out on top in the feats of strength tho.
But the dog is a strong contender this year.

dorkus_molorkus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I actually have my festivus pole up here in my lab. Does that make me weird? :shrug:

Stu,

dorkus_molorkus

not in my house, bit jealous in fact.

Not allowed to put a pole in here, well to be truthful I guess I could put one in the bedroom. I like multifunctional stuff, but the missus says if i want that sort of thing I need to be a bit more nicer to her & buy her some jewellry from time to time.

jeebus, sounds like a bit too much trouble for a pole.
festivus or no, jewellry is expensive!

:D

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I carry my pole around everywhere, idg the problem? Then again, I don't have a missus :rolleyes:

What are you fellows on about? :lol:

OhTheAgony,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Stu said:
vape4life said:
Complete opposite of my experience. Even though I had no issues and could pull massive clouds, my buddy who has only used an Extreme said that air path restriction was too much and couldnt get any clouds. I quickly also found out that pulling hard was the way to go, as before I was slow and steady like on the Extreme. Regardless, I think this vape kicks ass and i'm looking forward to buying it again in the summer, hopefully with some more revision.
If a Solo being more newbie friendly compared to an LB is the complete opposite of your experience, are you saying that your buddy who couldn't get clouds with the Solo did get clouds with the LB? :rolleyes:

Not a chance in hell.

+1 for the Solo. Dusted off my MFLB yesterday after 6 months of colleccting dust and still took me 10+ minutes to get medicated. Its going back in the closet. My extremeQ got used yesterday for demo for the first time in a month. Solo and Omicron have changed my daily drivers completely. The solo is as idiot proof as it comes IMO. I have shared with many folks and no one (mostly non vape users) had no issues using it.

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
headiez247 said:
THCMuscle said:
On setting 4 or less I hit it till I cant get any more visable vapor. On high setting I usually toss it when it starts tasting poor. Counting hits is so subjective. I could kill a whole stem in a few HUGE slow pulls, or many many many many smaller "normal" sized hits. In short, I get a lot of hits off of little herb.

Does it usually take a few puffs before you start seeing clouds? I saw someone earlier in the thread talk about getting clouds on first draw. Most of the time with me, even with filling 1/2 way loosely and set at level 5, it will take 3 or so pulls before i start getting visable clouds.

you need to let the glass stem and the herb warm up in the crucible for about 45 seconds and then you get clouds on the first pull. Otherwise the first two pulls are doing the same warmup and thats why you get sub optimal vapor. Cold glass and cold herb make for sub optimal vapor.

happy holidays everyone.

ru_frothi,

vape4life

Banned for life
Yep ^^^^^^^ what he said my experience too.

HAPPY FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US! Can't wait for the airing of grievances and especially feats of strength!

Have a few clouds for me :)

vape4life,

pain101

wow... just looked at a video online of a review of a solo... i must say i feel disappointed in my stems big time, the video they snap in and are nice and snug, i have nothing like that. mines as loose as a greasy hooker 20 years past her prime

luckily i have managed to combine my drilled potpourri bowl with my busted straight stem with a silicone stopper(still need to find the silicone seal i had though) keeping the seal.. its actually pretty damn ingenious if i do say so myself.. wish my damn camera was workin so i can take a pic.

i'm getting ps3 tomorrow, so i should be able to use the camera that comes with it(move bundle) to get a good pic WOOOT lol.

pain101,

pain101

figured out why the camera wasnt working!!!

MEMORY CARD IS LOCKED!!! theres a switch on the memory card.. doh!!! :o

juambt.jpg

the stem is busted completely on the inside and is not even enough to fit in the solo well enough, so stick that into the bigger bowl, then run the ring down inside, and stuff it in a bit, then pull back on the stem and it creates an air tight seal and its like brand gnu again!!

(the long stem is busted after the 4holes, but before it tapers down to the smaller tube part you suck upon, so the perfect spot to catch the seal and give it tension, its pretty impossible to even take apart now)

pain101,

vape4health

dorkus if your making high quality oil I'm sure the Omicron would work great but the only oil I have made was from ABV and that was mids to start with so... It never really stood a chance, totally not the Omis fault but all mine. I do enjoy the oil in my Solo, very extremely stoney buzz like mid day nap kinda shit. I started fuckin with the oils to get ready for the omicron in the mail but now I really like the oil, maybe one day I'll find someone to hook me up with trimmings.

vape4health,

ktx49

so hello FC solo people, i am soon to be the proud owner of a brand new black SS arizer solo. i had an NO2 but things didnt work out lol.....how will the solo compare to the NO2 in terms of how u hit it, vapor density, etc also any important posts in this thread i should read??

ktx49,

spoonyluv

Avid Herbalist
Hi FC,
First poster here. About to pick up a Solo to replace a first gen IOLite. I was wondering if there is a difference between the Solo that's on eBay or Amazon for around $160 and the model that is sold at other online vendors for anywhere from $230 - $280? I'm trying to understand why there is such a big price difference to make sure I end up with the right vape.

Thanks in advance,
Spoony

spoonyluv,

dorkus_molorkus

or perhaps some of you guys could INVEST some time & read the thread.

cuz, thats what it is, an investment & you get out of this site what you put into it.

happy festivus.

:p

dorkus_molorkus,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Dorkus you are so right about this long ass thread and the benefit to reading it.

Hope all is good with you down under. "Down under" in my part of world is when a guy slides down under the bedcovers for a little look see. :brow:

As always you seem to struggle to conserve your meds and that's what I like about you. But I hate that word conserve so I struggle too, same way. Think right now I am set for a month or so. Wanted to make sure I would be set for festivus. Here's wishing you and the missus all the best in the coming year.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

damienm420

Does anyone else hear the high pitch ringing noise that emits from the Solo when the heat up light turns on??
Thanks

damienm420,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
My M103 is on it's way back to Arizer and that is one of the issues I had with it. That and the smell. I found the noise to be pretty loud and very annoying. Not sure how loud your is but mine is loud enough for me to hear it about 3-5 feet away depending on background noise. Hopefully I get a nice new M105 to change my opinion of the Solo.

Gonzo,

Vaped Ape

I have pounded on my Solos everyday all day..maybe 30 bowls per day with zero issues with smell or sound. I use my ceramic more than my SS just because the fit is tighter. The tight fit comes not from the size of crucible nor the size of the hole in the cap. Sometimes it comes from the diameter of the stem.

But mostly tight comes from the misalignment of the hole in the cap to the crucible. I have studied this extensively with trading caps back and forth with mine and those of friends. Careful when doing this because the threads I have found to be inconsistent and cross threading can occur.

But anyway I prefer tight to loose-always have. :lol:

Fun gadget to play with and get medicated too. Like a pussycat with a catnip ball.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

@ Da ape- thankyou ,hope all is good at your end.
you get my email the other day?

& yes I struggle to conserve my meds (I just love gettin blazed)- LOL
But I would use heaps more if it wasnt for the efficiency of the solo, but I got a month long ENFORCED
Tbreak starting as soon as there is nothing in the house to vape.
:uhoh:

dorkus_molorkus,

Vaped Ape

dorkus..didn't get your email. Wonder if it got filtered. I can ck again or shoot it to me again if still relevant.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

damienm420

Gonzo said:
My M103 is on it's way back to Arizer and that is one of the issues I had with it. That and the smell. I found the noise to be pretty loud and very annoying. Not sure how loud your is but mine is loud enough for me to hear it about 3-5 feet away depending on background noise. Hopefully I get a nice new M105 to change my opinion of the Solo.

When did you purchase your Solo? and are you sure the sound isn't normal, I heard it is?

damienm420,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
@Vaped Ape

I really do hope I get a good unit. The few times I did try the solo the clouds were very substantial. About the same size clouds as my WISPR. I could not get past the burnt electronics smell though. I would have probably dealt with the noise and just tried to get used to it but I couldn't take the smell. Hopefull I get a clean quiet unit and can get the enjoyment out of the purchase that many of you have found.

Gonzo,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
@damien420

I got the solo in early November and no, I can't be sure it's not normal. I could have learned to live with the noise I think but the burnt smell was very noticeable.

Gonzo,

dorkus_molorkus

@ damien420, there have been some users who are possibly a little hyper sensitive to the cycling of the charger.
Now pls dont quote anything I say as gospel, it has been discussed several times in the thread.

as the problem doesnt affect me I am not 100%, but I am not sure if it was determined as a fault per se or just that some peeps has much more sensitive hearing than others.

@ da ape, was a just saying hi and happy festivus email (trying not to clog the thread-lol)
I used the email feature by your username. I will try again.

cheers
D :D

dorkus_molorkus,

damienm420

dorkus_molorkus said:
@ damien420, there have been some users who are possibly a little hyper sensitive to the cycling of the charger.
Now pls dont quote anything I say as gospel, it has been discussed several times in the thread.

as the problem doesnt affect me I am not 100%, but I am not sure if it was determined as a fault per se or just that some peeps has much more sensitive hearing than others.

@ da ape, was a just saying hi and happy festivus email (trying not to clog the thread-lol)
I used the email feature by your username. I will try again.

cheers
D :D

I have emailed Arizer and they said it is normal, but I was just curious if it really was, and if the newer models had the noise. He also said that it may depend on the users hearing and noise in the room. So i guess it's true. Does anyone know if the No2 does this? Sorry I'm not trying to go off topic or start a new discussion. I figure this question has its place in the thread since it's comparing the Solo's noise TO the No2's

damienm420,

damienm420

damienm420,
Top Bottom