Arizer Solo

treecityrnd

PuffItUp said:
Just talked to Arizer about the M106, the number refers to the production run, not the version so 105 and 106 are the same.
PIU to the rescue!

I receive my m105 (along with lots of extra goodies from Randy) on Monday. I haven't even had time to take her out of the box. Think I might just hold off till this weekend and call it my Xmas present to myself. See you all soon!

treecityrnd,

pain101

oh my, it was the first time i have ever loaded this thing just to get a good bake on. my mind is blown. i was having trouble talking for a little while. (ever since ive gotten the solo only used a minimum amount... never more than .3 tops. ) prolly put just over a half gram, and 3 of us were having trouble finishing it... it's a nice!!!

oh yea, when i scored the bowl, it has a grove, so it was a little tricky to get it scored from the other side(i dont know if it was useful to try to score from both top and bottom, but it worked for me!! )
xatpox.jpg

pain101,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
CentiZen said:
pain101 said:
/\ what he said!!!!

pain101 said:
@centizen
i must thank you for breaking your potpourri bowl first
i took your words about it busting on you to heart, and all i did was use the diamond tipped bit to score a notch into it, then took the smallest drillbit i could find, and used a hammer to gently smash it through the scored area.

PERFECT!!
i now have the useless potpourri bowl modified to use as a stem for vaping.
ive not used it yet cuz i got no bud, but im pretty sure the draw on it will be tight

http://i39.tinypic.com/v5zots.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2w6s5k3.jpg

I started experimenting with my potpourri bowl back around page 80 or before. No need to go through all the scoring etc. Just take a pointed awl and tap it with a hammer. The bottom of the bowl is very thin and breaks out very easy and the resulting hole can be cleaned up very easy. Make sure you use gloves and eye protection.

Da Ape

well, finally got my meds, nice solid chunks of purple plant, tried out my repurposed potpopurri bowl and it works perfect!!! almost no heat gets up to the tube now. nice!! its really tight, i am going to try grinding it out a little more, but overall, damn perfect

Not a bad idea at all, I have a friend who has just gotten a new solo himself, I might talk him into sliding me that 'useless' bowl so I could make one.

Vaped Ape,

pain101

. Make sure you use gloves and eye protection.

yea thats a good idea, though it's usually an assumed when working with glass and high speed objects. lol one thing i notice about the stems is, they arent going to be too dangerous in terms of shatter/flying pieces potential, they just chip/break apart rather than burst/shatter

AND you are only scratching the surface with the drill, not attempting to break through with oscillating drill(the part thats going to give the best chance of breaking the thing)

While more resistant to thermal shock than other types of glass, borosilicate glass can still crack or shatter when subject to rapid or uneven temperature variations. When broken, borosilicate glass tends to crack into large pieces rather than shattering (it will snap rather than splinter).

my main concern was to make sure that i was wearing a good pair of work gloves. (ps, i wear glasses)

pain101,

THCMuscle

I must say that after quite a few sessions with non-vaporist buddies, the Solo continues to deliver and amaze me.

Every time I have a session with a non vaporist I feel the need to explain to them just exactly how to get the best hit off whatever vape I'm using (mflb, rz, vaporblunt, no2. With the Solo all I have to do is simply hand it to them, and their first hit is exactly how it should be done, a decent inhale. They get fat clouds and are absolutely thrilled with the Solo.

The Solo takes such little technique to get great results.

THCMuscle,
I agree completely, Muscle. The complete lack of learning curve and the large cloud production make it one of my favorite vapes to convert people, and the portable I always favor over the MFLB if I'm going to be sharing with others.

charliedontsurf,

vape4life

Banned for life
Complete opposite of my experience. Even though I had no issues and could pull massive clouds, my buddy who has only used an Extreme said that air path restriction was too much and couldnt get any clouds. I quickly also found out that pulling hard was the way to go, as before I was slow and steady like on the Extreme. Regardless, I think this vape kicks ass and i'm looking forward to buying it again in the summer, hopefully with some more revision.

vape4life,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
vape4life said:
Complete opposite of my experience. Even though I had no issues and could pull massive clouds, my buddy who has only used an Extreme said that air path restriction was too much and couldnt get any clouds. I quickly also found out that pulling hard was the way to go, as before I was slow and steady like on the Extreme. Regardless, I think this vape kicks ass and i'm looking forward to buying it again in the summer, hopefully with some more revision.
If a Solo being more newbie friendly compared to an LB is the complete opposite of your experience, are you saying that your buddy who couldn't get clouds with the Solo did get clouds with the LB? :rolleyes:

Stu,

vape4health

Yep I just hand it over too and they say "what do I do" I say "hit that fucker" and bam fat clouds all day.

For some reason I'm looking at a eclipse H20 or the likes, can anyone say if any other portable they have will vape dirty oil as easy as the Solo can, I pack half a stem then throw in a BB sized ball of oil/sludge then the other half of the stem put it on 7 then vape my head off. Most of the time I get 2 full cycles of awsome clouds then dump.

vape4health,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Crank the Solo up to 5 with a decent sized bowl and anyone should be able to get huge clouds. I usually start and finish on 5 for this reason. :brow:

BossBrew,
I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere in the last 140,000 pages but how hard do you guys pack the bud into the bowl?

headiez247,

THCMuscle

I dont pack at all, I even make sure its gravity-loose in there by flicking the bowl with my finger. I also usually only fill it 1/2 way. Sometimes as little as 1/4.

THCMuscle,
THCMuscle said:
I dont pack at all, I even make sure its gravity-loose in there by flicking the bowl with my finger. I also usually only fill it 1/2 way. Sometimes as little as 1/4.

Thanks for that.

When you fill it up halfway how many pulls on average does it last for you?

I often feel like I take a few past its prime before I realize via taste that its clearly done.

headiez247,

THCMuscle

headiez247 said:
THCMuscle said:

Thanks for that.

When you fill it up halfway how many pulls on average does it last for you?

I often feel like I take a few past its prime before I realize via taste that its clearly done.

On setting 4 or less I hit it till I cant get any more visable vapor. On high setting I usually toss it when it starts tasting poor. Counting hits is so subjective. I could kill a whole stem in a few HUGE slow pulls, or many many many many smaller "normal" sized hits. In short, I get a lot of hits off of little herb.

THCMuscle,
THCMuscle said:
On setting 4 or less I hit it till I cant get any more visable vapor. On high setting I usually toss it when it starts tasting poor. Counting hits is so subjective. I could kill a whole stem in a few HUGE slow pulls, or many many many many smaller "normal" sized hits. In short, I get a lot of hits off of little herb.

Does it usually take a few puffs before you start seeing clouds? I saw someone earlier in the thread talk about getting clouds on first draw. Most of the time with me, even with filling 1/2 way loosely and set at level 5, it will take 3 or so pulls before i start getting visable clouds.

headiez247,

THCMuscle

It depends how large the hit is. It definitely does take a little volume of air passing over the herb before vapor starts, but once it does it continues until its gone. On a big first hit I will feel about the first 1/3 of my lungs is just warm air, and then the vapor starts.

THCMuscle,

pain101

i notice that you can easily change your air flow by tilting the stem or making sure its not completely tightly meshed inside with the bottom. you can have air come in nice and easily while still getting huge clouds. maybe its only my shitty stems, but i can only get a perfect seal when its inside the bowl at the exact right angle(this also allows for super supreme hits compared to the easier airflow hits, but im still getting high as a mofo!)

pain101,

vape4life

Banned for life
Stu said:
vape4life said:
If a Solo being more newbie friendly compared to an LB is the complete opposite of your experience, are you saying that your buddy who couldn't get clouds with the Solo did get clouds with the LB? :rolleyes:

No not saying that at all. Never seen a MFLB in my life, nor has my buddy. I was talking about the Solo, and only the Solo. And all I said was that it was too restrictive and he couldn't get clouds like I could. It IS an extremely restrictive vape, if not one of the most, and causes headaches for alot of people because of this milk shake effect. The 4 hole stems definitely improved that. All the experiences i'm referring to come from the 2 hole.

It's nice that the smell /taste issues have died down.... i supposed lotsa new production units out that have solved or greatly improved this issue. Only better things will come in time...just like the EQ after the E. Looking forward to the next one.

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I always overfill my bowl a little without packing it, so it gets packed a little when I insert the stem in the Solo. Tilting it provides the biggest clouds swift, but I don't think it will work with the latest units since the fit is so tight (still waiting for my warranty replacement replacement).

OhTheAgony,

steven22

charliedontsurf said:
I agree completely, Muscle. The complete lack of learning curve and the large cloud production make it one of my favorite vapes to convert people, and the portable I always favor over the MFLB if I'm going to be sharing with others.

+1

pretty much the main reason I bought this, to share with others without having to explain anything and have great performance.

I still see myself using the LB when Im out of the house and I am not sharing with anyone... its still a more convenient vape for my uses.

steven22,

steven22

steiner666 said:
a 4pc grind should be adequate, i use a 2pc but thats just my preference. i usually fill the bowl about 2/3-3/4 full. So much of your "how much should it take" questions have to do with herb quality. With the top quality herb one load is enough to get 2 ppl medicated i think, but with mids it would take a full load per person i think. of course tolerance plays a part in it too, but i think herb quality is the biggest factor.

and maybe its cause im always holding the solo inverted, but i dont really feel that much is being wasted between hits. yeah a tiny bit of a wisp might escape, but oh well. and personally ive been vaping through my tube starting at 4/5 and finishing with a few at 7, but this is on a steel

I agree, herb quality is key... I only use good quality herbs anyways. I am having better results with a finer grind now. (LB fine)

but, though it is only a tiny wisp of vapor that escapes, or that we can visually see escaping, it still spends the herb through conduction.

think of an LB, with the battery pushed in and not drawing on it. you can only see very tiny amounts actually exiting the box, but the heat and conduction is still browning the herb at a decent pace. This is what I feel is happening with the solo when you have it at a temp of 4 or higher and it just sits without being drawn on.

for now, I just remove the stem in between hits, but I feel it can all be solved with a revised stem. I wouldn't mind spending good money on the perfect stem either. I would love to see the solo be a true convection portable vape. Right now it is more a of a hybrid of both conduction and convection.

steven

steven22,

vape4life

Banned for life
^^^^^^^ Absolutely... i've lost many gram o' bud because of "forgetting" to come back to my solo when preheating. You need to hit it pretty fast otherwise it's browning it just sitting there, which leads to a gross taste rather quickly. Taking it out isn't a bad idea at all, and I think a different stem might affect its performance/cloud production.

vape4life,

pain101

i dont preheat with the stem in, thats a big waste.
i turn mine on to warp 7, wait till i hit warp 4, then load in the stem and start hitting. i get clouds pretty much instantly this way.
remember, it says right in the user manual not to leave it loaded and unattended as this will use up your material. the heats got no where else to go but up and through your bud!!!

pain101,

vape4life

Banned for life
Someone here back when mentioned a 15 sec. or so warm up to get clouds. Without it I couldn't get vapor unless I pulled and pulled and pulled, which basically means the stem sitting in their for 15-30 secs.

So u go 7, then back down to 4, put the stem in and instant clouds? Wow, cool...although wasting more battery than necessary.

vape4life,

pain101

nein, i do not go from 7 down to four, thats silly and a waste of energy
i turn it on to 7, and put the stem in when it hits 4. within ten seconds its hitting fine, and will keep hitting till its pooched.

pain101,
Top Bottom