Arizer Solo

OF

Is it worth it to invest in power adapter? Or maybe its better to save some more money and buy small stationary unit, for example Enano?

I think it is worth it, yes. Based on experience. A guy should have a back up vape no matter, but I suggest something different and otherwise fun to use. Like MFLB or VG perhaps? Or a personal favorite, Vapman.

IMO ability to use true PA power (not the 'use while charging' of the current models) is a big plus. It saves strain on your battery and guarantees the level of charge you want is ready to 'grab and go' whenever you want. Having it a an option makes it an easy choice to use the Solo as it doesn't involve battery charging issues. I'm confident in saying a PA will get used. You might contact brother Pipes.

Or locate a 7 to 9VDC 'charger' at 2.5 or more Amps and put that same connector on it? 8 or 9 Volts is a better call as 7 Volts will discharge the Solo battery more.

OF

2 Cycle

How do you guys like using f bombs or other lift off water blunt tools with the solo? I want to grab one on dhgate but will spend more for a better one per recommendations. Sucks because my gong is 18mm and it looks like these use 14

High Dj

That Guy
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, I have had an extreme Q for about a year now and recently have wanted a good portable. Got my Solo in the mail today and i must say it's amazing. Thank you everyone in the Fc community that helped me decide to go with this vape, without even knowing it! Really loving this thing and looking forward to becoming an active FC member

High Dj

That Guy
@Derrrpp Definitely first impressions are great, Haven't been this medicated in awhile, its been about 3 months since i've vaped(extreme q is at my brothers house and i moved) so this is like falling in love all over again, before i used to be vape only and combust as least often as possible, so its great.

Howdy, welcome to the Forum and all the fun.

Now that you've demonstrated your wisdom and good taste by buying the Solo, we'll be looking forward to those very contributions........

OF you personally are probably the biggest contributor towards my decision to get a solo, so thank you

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Thanks people!
I'll use connector from old original charger and will connect it with 12V 2A charger.

Another question :)

I really like SOLO, it's my first vaporizer and it never let me down since January 2013 but I only use it for evening sessions at home nowadays.
Is it worth it to invest in power adapter? Or maybe its better to save some more money and buy small stationary unit, for example Enano?
tumblr_inline_n3rsrwCCcQ1qj3ir1.jpg

I use my Solo on the power adapter 95% of the time I'm at home, and 0% of the time when I'm out! It's nice having a fully-charged Solo on the power adapter ready to hit the road for a hard day's work! Likewise one can't really compare a portable to a desktop as they're built for different situations!

happyvapeman

Got a little bit of bubbler VAS and have been looking on DHGate for a good deal on a D020...
Was just wondering if I`ll be losing any cannabinoids and other good stuff in the process of my vapor going through the water.
Does anybody know the science on that?
Thanks!

happyvapeman

Negligible amounts, sure, but you also get to take huge rips instead of slower sips. I get medicated either way, it is gentler with water.

Thanks, that`s what I was thinking...I`ve been building up my tolerance so I can hit the Solo more than in the past...so I was thinking it might be good to pick up a D020 to keep things a little cooler and smoother.

I was thinking I would probably lose some vapor in the process but that seems like a fair trade-off if it`s only a small amount...

rakka

Vaped
Oh it's not going to lower your tolerance--if anything the opposite. Once I started vapor bonging I felt like my tolerance went way up lol. You'll be taking huge hits and while you're not necessarily going to get higher, I feel It sooner and it's definitely more wasteful (and fun) but hey I'm a cloud chaser.

sickmanfraud

How do you guys like using f bombs or other lift off water blunt tools with the solo? I want to grab one on dhgate but will spend more for a better one per recommendations. Sucks because my gong is 18mm and it looks like these use 14

I LOVE my f-bomb. As someone who never combusted anything I would not be able to use my SOLO above 3-4 without the f-bomb.

That said, there is an in-line water tool that is cheaper and smaller than the f-bomb. Vapefiend in the UK has them.

Different Topic....Just noticed the PV website lists a Vortex gong.

What is remarkable about this is that the PV site says for the AIR only NOT the Solo??

It seems logical that if a GonG / stem would fit the smaller / tighter Air it would work in the Solo?

can anyone shed some light on this??

Last edited:

flying solo

Solo charging up for long day outside in the nature. I use Solo 90% dry, I love my straight stock syems most now. Deadicated bag for packed stems now, no more filling stems in the wind. Cant believe I am thinking about soldering guns, this isnt only my favorite place on the web, most days fc Solo thread is the nicest friendliest place in the universe for me. Love and thanks, happy Soloing.

happyvapeman

you'll love it mate. I rarely dry vape now

Thanks...I really appreciate the input...so that`s definitely one strong vote on the yes side! The proof in something like this is when people use it a lot...

Like I always use a whip with my Solo...definitely worth the investment and the fact that you use your bubbler most of the time says a lot. Cheers!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The D020 bubbler pairs well with the Solo. I got it off if Dhgate online store. With shipping mine was $30 sent to the U.S from China.

I've been using my Enano and Solo for my at home use. The D020 doesn't work as well with the nano.

Last edited:

mixchu69

I absolutely love it. Using the fbomb for both my solo and ascent. The small amount of water used keeps in a lot of flavor.

Jab

I just fixed the blinking blue light and my Solo seems to be working perfectly again. [...] I unscrewed the bottom and found this white oxidation or residue on the bottom of the oven.

20150414_112318_zpsldblqzgy.jpg

[...]

A big thank you to Detonator for this post: it fixed my retired Solo!

It was a refurbished unit they sent me after my initial Solo went belly up (as well, yep). I still have that one, so now I'm thinking I'm gonna try and fix that one too :D

The one that's now strutting its stuff once more initially started to simply turn itself off shortly after reaching the desired temp (very annoying) and then completely gave up on me (different kinds of light shows and the "blinking blue light of death").

I had tried all sorts of things, including a new battery and taking it apart for cleaning (but I never went quite as far as to unscrew the bottom plate covering the oxidation above).

They were my only portables and I've been putting off spending money to buy a new one -- so your post's a lifesaver! :tup:

lookhigh

FC member
I have an older SOLO that seems to run down the battery when its not used. Never seen that problem come up before. Would a switch on the battery be feasible?

lookhigh,
Reactions: AhBeVapin
Top Bottom