Arizer Solo

Sativa Lover

Hello all....

Seems I find myself getting back into the vaping world.

Bought a MFLB about 7 years ago, and really couldn't make myself like it. I smoked a lot of weed at the time, and smoked cigs like crazy. The bottom line was I really couldn't feel "it" like I wanted to, and the thing went into a corner of the basement for what I thought was forever. Figured vaping weed wasn't for me. I did during those years use an e cig to quit smoking tobacco. Used one for a couple years until I quit nicotine altogether.

Fast forward to the last couple weeks.

I'm smoking my weed (outside since my wife doesn't get down, or approve), and starting to have problems with the cold air+smoke combo making me cough. So for whatever reason I go find the MFLB, and start playing again. I knew I could hole up in my makeshift home office since there's much less smell, and then just exhale thru the ole' tissue roll with the dryer sheets, and voila!

I wasn't sure why this time things worked so much better, but Damn! I can do this! I used to be a drunk, and that might be why I was more desensitized to vapings effects before. I really don't know, but I was so excited when I realized how ripped I could get off vaping.

That being said I knew immediately I had to find a better vape, and fast. The MFLB does work, but for me personally, sipping on a tube for as long as you do to get a big hit is a drag. Not to mention I find myself wanting to stir it before I get to the end of the hit because it seems like it's gone as far as it can without a shake/stir before I can fill my lungs with some decent vapor. I'm kind of an oldhead smoker, and I think my technique is good for the MFLB, as I have watched a million how to's on hitting it. If anything I'm getting better hits than they are. But still.................Meh.

I also finally set the weed on fire today while staring, mouth hanging open at the computer screen, too stoned to realize I didn't back the battery off the contact point like I thought. lol

So here I am waiting for my Solo to arrive. Tracking says Monday delivery, and I can tell this is going to be one hell of a long 2 days wait. I'm like a big kid anyway, but now I'm stuck waiting in the candy store....

I've only been switched over for the last 3 days from combusting, and it feels a little like when I quit smoking. I'm ready for some big ass clouds! Come on Monday! Bring that shit!!

Last edited:

Sativa Lover

You will love the SOLO. Grind your material finer in your MFLB.

I grind it super fine, and even though it's got a good cure (usually) I like to let it sit under a light bulb after I grind it to dry it a tiny bit more.

Yeah I'm super excited to get the Solo. I see practically everyone doing the demo's getting nice vapor even on lower settings.

I was looking at the Crafty big time, but I would've had to wait a little bit longer IF I wanted to roll the dice that the $400. price tag would be justified in the end. It's def more stealthy, but I don't much care about that. Plus I kept looking at the plastic mouthpiece, and didn't like it. Might be fine, but for $400. I need to be more excited than I was about it.

Sativa Lover

Hit it once in your MFLB then take it out and crush a little more and you should be good. You did not go wrong with the SOLO. Very versatile piece. Lots of BANG for you buck.

Yep. Do that sometimes. Depends if I'm feeling lazy, or not lazy at the time.

I'm just psyched for the Solo to come in. I already am close to ordering the FC-187 I just saw someone talking about. Or the other one.....I just found out about dhgate today, so I have to look at everything, and make sure about adapter sizes for them, and all that jazz. Really nice prices on all the glass I've looked at so far on there though. Just need to figure out what in the heck I'm doing before I place an order.

OF

I wasn't sure why this time things worked so much better, but Damn! I can do this! I used to be a drunk, and that might be why I was more desensitized to vapings effects before. I really don't know, but I was so excited when I realized how ripped I could get off vaping.

I've only been switched over for the last 3 days from combusting, and it feels a little like when I quit smoking. I'm ready for some big ass clouds! Come on Monday! Bring that shit!!

This is a common rant for me, old hands are advised to consider skipping.......

Your mind has linked smoking with getting off. It's a 'mind trick' the Jedi never heard of? Under the right conditions you can even get off on weed that's been stripped of THC by solvents. You need to break that link, and wanting to (like this time?) can help I bet. But your brain needs to learn you don't have to stick your face in the campfire to enjoy THC, it's just how it used to come.

It takes a few days to a week or so of no blazing at all typically, sounds like you're basically there, congrats. This would be a very bad time to backslide. Give it a month or so, I bet you too decide you're never going back?

I grind it super fine, and even though it's got a good cure (usually) I like to let it sit under a light bulb after I grind it to dry it a tiny bit more.

Yeah I'm super excited to get the Solo. I see practically everyone doing the demo's getting nice vapor even on lower settings.

Great call on the Solo, I'm sure you'll love it. Many of us have more than one. Remember to fully charge before using, best is to 'overcharge' by four or more hours the first time for longest possible battery life, but at least charge it until the light stops flashing (an hour or two typically) at the very least.

No need to grind fine, or grind at all for that matter. An intact bud vapes just fine in Solo. Nor is there any need to mix the load. Give it a few runs with coarse grind (or intact bud), loosely packed, on say step 4 to get acquitted, then experiment to find what you like.

One last tip, turn the Solo over so you can keep the bowl part of the stem upright when installing or removing it.

Regards and best wishes for the swift passage of the weekend.......just in time for New Years, sweet timing.

OF

Sativa Lover

I forgot to ask this three times now.....

If I get the newest one in the mail ( I got a really good deal, so I don't know how long they've had it on the shelves) is it safe to use while charging, or is the jury still out on that?

I was a little confused while reading up on that in this forum, and I just discovered this place today, found my Arizer Solo peeps, and started reading from the last page backwards. So yeah. I didn't read over 1200 plus pages yet. Also at some point the thread will be old, and they'll probably be giving outdated info on older models etc.

Sativa Lover,

Sativa Lover

This is a common rant for me, old hands are advised to consider skipping.......

Your mind has linked smoking with getting off. It's a 'mind trick' the Jedi never heard of? Under the right conditions you can even get off on weed that's been stripped of THC by solvents. You need to break that link, and wanting to (like this time?) can help I bet. But your brain needs to learn you don't have to stick your face in the campfire to enjoy THC, it's just how it used to come.

It takes a few days to a week or so of no blazing at all typically, sounds like you're basically there, congrats. This would be a very bad time to backslide. Give it a month or so, I bet you too decide you're never going back?

Yes I think that's why before I couldn't do it. I was used to throwing a lot of garbage in my body, so that's what my body was looking to feel.

After these few days I have no desire to go back to smoking the herb. I'm not so tired about an hour later a session like I used to be. For a wake and bake guy, that's really great news. Used to be if I had indica I'd be tired all day, but Indica dom strains are all I have right now, and my energy is there even after many sessions through the day. I've been living a lot healthier, and I think I found another piece of the puzzle to actually FEEL healthier.

Great call on the Solo, I'm sure you'll love it. Many of us have more than one. Remember to fully charge before using, best is to 'overcharge' by four or more hours the first time for longest possible battery life, but at least charge it until the light stops flashing (an hour or two typically) at the very least.

No need to grind fine, or grind at all for that matter. An intact bud vapes just fine in Solo. Nor is there any need to mix the load. Give it a few runs with coarse grind (or intact bud), loosely packed, on say step 4 to get acquitted, then experiment to find what you like.

One last tip, turn the Solo over so you can keep the bowl part of the stem upright when installing or removing it.

Regards and best wishes for the swift passage of the weekend.......just in time for New Years, sweet timing.

OF

Thanks for the comments, and I'm sure I'll love the new vape. I was happy that this one doesn't actually need you to grind the material to work. I'm stoked......

Yes I think that's why before I couldn't do it. I was used to throwing a lot of garbage in my body, so that's what my body was looking to feel.

After these few days I have no desire to go back to smoking the herb. I'm not so tired about an hour later a session like I used to be. For a wake and bake guy, that's really great news. Used to be if I had indica I'd be tired all day, but Indica dom strains are all I have right now, and my energy is there even after many sessions through the day. I've been living a lot healthier, and I think I found another piece of the puzzle to actually FEEL healthier.

Last edited by a moderator:

J_ackson

It's always sunny in Colorado
Basically yes you can charge while using. It will degrade the battery faster in the long run. The battery is used while charging (not true PA) I personally only use while charging if I absolutely need to which is very seldom. Pretty much the meat and potatoes.

If im wrong @OF will correct me.

This is basically what I was told by Arizer reps, making your battery last less longer in the long run & it can also conduct to overheating of the battery apparently so I wouldn't really do that if I was you just to be sure...

Sativa Lover

Basically yes you can charge while using. It will degrade the battery faster in the long run. The battery is used while charging (not true PA) I personally only use while charging if I absolutely need to which is very seldom. Pretty much the meat and potatoes.

This is basically what I was told by Arizer reps, making your battery last less longer in the long run & it can also conduct to overheating of the battery apparently so I wouldn't really do that if I was you just to be sure...

Sounds like I will be finding something to do for a while after the mailman gets here while I get a good charge on the unit.

I AM a big kid, but thankfully have gotten a little less stupid over the years. Doesn't seem worth prematurely aging the battery to play with it a little early.

Hopefully I won't start any fires with my MFLB over the next couple days.........:hmm:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Sounds like I will be finding something to do for a while after the mailman gets here while I get a good charge on the unit.

I AM a big kid, but thankfully have gotten a little less stupid over the years. Doesn't seem worth prematurely aging the battery to play with it a little early.

Hopefully I won't start any fires with my MFLB over the next couple days.........:hmm:

Read more fuckcombustion.com become a master of the SOLO before you even use it! That will make the time fly very fast. Hell, scope out some new vapes on here. Pretty much the best place for unbiased (yeah right) opinions on tons of vapes.

OF

I think that's about it, in different terms than I'd use.....which is a good thing. One small quibble, however, I think you meant to say "....the battery is still used for heating..." or something like that? Of course it's always used while charging.

The point is two fold I think, with the battery being charged and discharged during 'charge while using' being the lesser problem? IMO a much bigger one is this leads to the average charge on the Solo being full (since the owners are most likely going to leave it charging after the session) rather than an average of maybe half charged in the normal charge/use/charge pattern we had before. This (keeping full charge) is a known killer of these type batteries. They can literally die waiting to be used. Which is why the come shipped and stored at about 2/3 charge (which is safe for years).

Avoiding full charge adds life to the battery.

I would say its an emergency/backup feature not a main feature. As if you had no other vapes and needed to medicate. If I didn't have other vapes, I would rather run while charging then combust.

My advice remains to not rely on this feature, but as a matter of routine charge it normally, disconnect it and use normally until the battery meter tells you it's time to charge again. Avoid leaving it on the charger 'so it's ready to go'. If you get caught out, charge it for 15 minutes or so then 'use and charge' for your session and finish the charge (or better still stop it with the light still flashing) but unplug it when it's charged again?

I'm sure we all know cell phones, laptops and such with very poor battery life that were killed off exactly this way? For longest life, keep the battery 'mid range' as much of the time as possible.

OF

Sativa Lover

Read more fuckcombustion.com become a master of the SOLO before you even use it! That will make the time fly very fast. Hell, scope out some new vapes on here. Pretty much the best place for unbiased (yeah right) opinions on tons of vapes.

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of...Idle hands and all that. Lol

I'm already spending money I didn't plan on spending right this minute, and I know before with all the e-cig stuff I used to buy that I need to be really careful, and behave...

I love gadgets. Gadgets that get you really high I love way more.

I'm sure I'll be getting some kind of water filtration going before very long at all. The DHGate glass is the best prices I've seen for glass like that, and bongs were my passion back in the day so......

I can just imagine the different planets I'll be visiting soon.....Big smile.

I think that's about it, in different terms than I'd use.....which is a good thing. One small quibble, however, I think you meant to say "....the battery is still used for heating..." or something like that? Of course it's always used while charging.

The point is two fold I think, with the battery being charged and discharged during 'charge while using' being the lesser problem? IMO a much bigger one is this leads to the average charge on the Solo being full (since the owners are most likely going to leave it charging after the session) rather than an average of maybe half charged in the normal charge/use/charge pattern we had before. This (keeping full charge) is a known killer of these type batteries. They can literally die waiting to be used. Which is why the come shipped and stored at about 2/3 charge (which is safe for years).

Avoiding full charge adds life to the battery.

My advice remains to not rely on this feature, but as a matter of routine charge it normally, disconnect it and use normally until the battery meter tells you it's time to charge again. Avoid leaving it on the charger 'so it's ready to go'. If you get caught out, charge it for 15 minutes or so then 'use and charge' for your session and finish the charge (or better still stop it with the light still flashing) but unplug it when it's charged again?

I'm sure we all know cell phones, laptops and such with very poor battery life that were killed off exactly this way? For longest life, keep the battery 'mid range' as much of the time as possible.

OF

I didn't know the part about batteries being degraded from overcharging. I'll be sure to remember that, as I'm guilty of always leaving things plugged in past when they are full while charging. I guess just a good full charge when I first get it then? Just to "break it in" or whatever you might call it? I thought I read that earlier to give it a good charge for the first time. I'll have to go back, and look again. Then I'll keep it about 3/4 full.

I appreciate how helpful everyone has been already. I'm getting ready to have a good look at the "Solo Wiki" also.

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

I'm already spending money I didn't plan on spending right this minute, and I know before with all the e-cig stuff I used to buy that I need to be really careful, and behave...

Yeah, but that doesn't count. Soon you'll notice your weed bill is dropping like the proverbial stone. Think about it, you're no longer burning up your precious THC in some fool fire before it gets to you. And coughing some of what does make it to you out. I'd say the average guy sees his consumption drop to 1/3 or even 1/4 of what it was. Yes, I mean that a gram will last as long as an eighth used to.

Think of all the fun stuff you can buy with the saved bucks.......

OF

Sativa Lover

Yeah, but that doesn't count. Soon you'll notice your weed bill is dropping like the proverbial stone. Think about it, you're no longer burning up your precious THC in some fool fire before it gets to you. And coughing some of what does make it to you out. I'd say the average guy sees his consumption drop to 1/3 or even 1/4 of what it was. Yes, I mean that a gram will last as long as an eighth used to.

Think of all the fun stuff you can buy with the saved bucks.......

OF

Yeah I love how much weed you use! I didn't remember hearing about that, or expect it. I keep looking at my pot the last few days at the end of the night, and even though I've been vaping like crazy, I've hardly used any weed compared to my norm. I'm seriously loving that. It's like I got a magic mason jar now.

Just gotta figure out what piece(s) to get for the water works, and I'll be happy as a pig in shit. So ready for monday..........tick tock.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Yeah I love how much weed you use! I didn't remember hearing about that, or expect it. I keep looking at my pot the last few days at the end of the night, and even though I've been vaping like crazy, I've hardly used any weed compared to my norm. I'm seriously loving that. It's like I got a magic mason jar now.

So ready for monday..........tick tock.

While your waiting why not perfect your MFLB use? I love me some Solo and she's definitely my best girl but my go to vape for out and about stealth is the MFLB. Since you're a self proclaimed Big Kid .... think of the Solo as Superman and the MFLB as the Invisible Man :D

Sativa Lover

While your waiting why not perfect your MFLB use? I love me some Solo and she's definitely my best girl but my go to vape for out and about stealth is the MFLB. Since you're a self proclaimed Big Kid .... think of the Solo as Superman and the MFLB as the Invisible Man :D

Lol Yeah I'm def a big kid at heart, and if I haven't perfected my use of the "Invisible man" it won't be from lack of trying.

Right now I'm getting ready to order a GonG from PV, but I'm trying to make sure I get the right size.....

It seems like it needs to be the 18mm, but the piece I'm ordering doesn't say the adapter size that I can see. The glass piece I'm getting is this one if anyone cares to chime in.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2014-...e/212749523.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null

Otherwise I'll just order it in a bit, since I read that they are never in stock, and right now they seem to have all varieties in.

Sativa Lover,
Reactions: CarolKing

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Lol Yeah I'm def a big kid at heart, and if I haven't perfected my use of the "Invisible man" it won't be from lack of trying.

Right now I'm getting ready to order a GonG from PV, but I'm trying to make sure I get the right size.....

It seems like it needs to be the 18mm, but the piece I'm ordering doesn't say the adapter size that I can see. The glass piece I'm getting is this one if anyone cares to chime in.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2014-...e/212749523.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null

Otherwise I'll just order it in a bit, since I read that they are never in stock, and right now they seem to have all varieties in.
I would contact the seller. It looks like it's an 18mm piece to me.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep

Pretty sure 14mm IF that is the PWT knock off.

Justpassedu

I just ordered this exact piece from this seller , it's def 14mm , took about a month to get to me but I got it.

Sativa Lover

I just ordered this exact piece from this seller , it's def 14mm , took about a month to get to me but I got it.

Yikes! Well, at least you got the piece. I'm a bit ocd, and waiting a month for is going to kill me, but it looks decent. Seems like more things are in 18mm on that site too....

Oh well.

Mostly just can't wait for the Solo to get here Monday. I woke up this morning, and thought for about 10 minutes that it was already Sunday......:\

Top Bottom