Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Don, Planetvape sells the PVHES mouthpieces for the Solo. Often they are sold out. It helps to open up the airflow for an easier draw. They are a sponsor for FC, look on the bottom of this page.

You need to keep checking on the mouthpieces because they will be available then they get sold out. I would buy at least 2 because sometimes, "oh shit" happens. Also they are expensive to ship.

I didn't ask if you have the older model Solo made before 2014? The one that cannot be used and charged at the same time. Or do you have the 2014 version that can be charged and used at the same time? The 2014 version has an easier draw. Some folks feel that they don't need the PVHES mouthpieces with the newer model Solo. They prefer the stock mouthpiece.

Which ever way you choose it's all good.
:leaf::peace:

Last edited:

DonDizzurp

ELEVATED
Don, Planetvape sells the PVHES mouthpieces for the Solo. Often they are sold out. It helps to open up the airflow for an easier draw. They are a sponsor for FC, look on the bottom of this page.

You need to keep checking on the mouthpieces because they will be available then they get sold out. I would buy at least 2 because sometimes, "oh shit" happens. Also they are expensive to ship.

I didn't ask if you have the older model Solo made before 2014? The one that cannot be used and charged at the same time. Or do you have the 2014 version that can be charged and used at the same time? The 2014 version has an easier draw. Some folks feel that they don't need the PVHES mouthpieces with the newer model Solo. They prefer the stock mouthpiece.

Which ever way you choose it's all good.
:leaf::peace:

I don't own one myself, yet. I've just seen tons and tons of reviews talking about the tight airflow and was wondering what FC came up with to fix this.

CarolKing

I don't own one myself, yet. I've just seen tons and tons of reviews talking about the tight airflow and was wondering what FC came up with to fix this.
That was probably the older version the pre 2014 model. It had a tighter draw. The PVHES were designed to eliminate that problem. The newer Solos have an easier draw.

The Indica is a nice well build little vaporizer. Check out the thread.

CarolKing,

DonDizzurp

ELEVATED
That was probably the older version the pre 2014 model. it had a tighter draw. The PVHES were designed to eliminate that problem.

So you're saying if I get a 2013 model I should get a PVHES but if I have the 2014 model then I don't need to worry?

DonDizzurp,

CarolKing

I don't think that you will be able to find an older model. I think, but I could be a wrong but the 2014 is probably all you will see online. There may be some mom and pop stores with older models possibly. Sometimes Puffitup would sell older Solos, but not anymore. You may find used ones for sale but not very often.

Because the Solo keeps on a tickin, just like the Timex watch. If you're old enough to know what I'm talking about.

OF

If you've been reading closely you should have noticed there's also a fair number of us who don't find advantage in more flow. First off, the flow is more restricted before the seal gets broken in, many new owners panic and buy high flow stems and never look back so they miss the change. Many more bring bad habits from blazing, they link easy draw, 'big clouds' and such together as being a positive measure. "You need to cough to get off" kind of thinking. Usually vapists learn this is not necessarily so and get into enjoying the flavor and experience (knowing the result will take care of itself).

So some/many have PVHES and other aftermarket gear that just doesn't get used. We've come to understand the maker did some testing on the design........

Try it, you'll like it.

OF

DonDizzurp

ELEVATED
If you've been reading closely you should have noticed there's also a fair number of us who don't find advantage in more flow. First off, the flow is more restricted before the seal gets broken in, many new owners panic and buy high flow stems and never look back so they miss the change. Many more bring bad habits from blazing, they link easy draw, 'big clouds' and such together as being a positive measure. "You need to cough to get off" kind of thinking. Usually vapists learn this is not necessarily so and get into enjoying the flavor and experience (knowing the result will take care of itself).

So some/many have PVHES and other aftermarket gear that just doesn't get used. We've come to understand the maker did some testing on the design........

Try it, you'll like it.

OF

As a smoker and toker for the past 10 years, coughing and a hard throat-hit are probably the biggest reasons why I'm making the transition to full-time vaping.

I've tried a Pax before and the pull isn't that great. It's tight and I just didn't like it too much. I don't want to have to use so much force just to get a little bit of vapor. Reviewers have said the Solo is tighter than the Pax and similar to "pulling on a thick milkshake" which would probably give me a headache after continuous use. I like to inhale as if I'm simply taking a breath rather than "pulling on a thick milkshake".

I guess I'll have to try it first to really know what it's like.

DonDizzurp,
Reactions: OF

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
I have a D020 bubbler from DHgate on order. My first experience with a water tool so I am looking forward to it based on the good reviews in this thread. I know it comes with several gongs - do any of the GONGs work out of the box with the SOLO (so I guess 18mm male to 14mm male :shrug:)?

notoriousLrg,
Reactions: CarolKing

DonDizzurp

ELEVATED
Don, The older model Solo was like pulling on a milkshake. A lot of what you are reading and seeing is old news. It's not up to date. You need to read on this thread to find out the info regarding the Solo. Read back about 25 pages or so.

Cool. I've been trying to get into it but 1190 pages is a lot LOL
I'll just go backwards starting from this page.

OF

I'll just go backwards starting from this page.

That sorta works, but the timing gets goofed up every page break. Rather I think CK's suggestion of backing off a couple dozen pages and reading forward is the better call. If you like it (or don't find what you like, try another 25 page 'bite'?

Fun reading in there. Lots of repeats, but lots of gems mixed in.

Best done with a Solo in your 'non mouse' hand......no need to test this part, we've confirmed it lots.....

OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
As a smoker and toker for the past 10 years, coughing and a hard throat-hit are probably the biggest reasons why I'm making the transition to full-time vaping.

I've tried a Pax before and the pull isn't that great. It's tight and I just didn't like it too much. I don't want to have to use so much force just to get a little bit of vapor. Reviewers have said the Solo is tighter than the Pax and similar to "pulling on a thick milkshake" which would probably give me a headache after continuous use. I like to inhale as if I'm simply taking a breath rather than "pulling on a thick milkshake".

I guess I'll have to try it first to really know what it's like.

The draw on the Solo is fine regardless of the version. The real problem is users who try to overcome the designed airflow by pulling harder. That's what makes it seem like a milkshake and gives you a headache. It's easy to avoid: just don't pull hard. With any vapourizer, if you feel resistance in the draw then you are probably pulling too hard, dirty and clogged devices notwithstanding. If you stop hoovering it and puff gently, it will respond with nice quantities of vapour.

krusht

Been having some odd solo LED behavior lately...

(some of my fav multicultural vape tunes, for your listening pleasure)

not a big deal, and still totally functional, just weird, especially towards end of video when I turn temp down.

Anyone else see this before?
DOOD - YES I have - it behaves normally, if mine is normal :rofl:it seems that these elder (mine is 2012) can have changes in their electronics that change again - ex: my blue light quit & lights came in a weirdly wired way, but if you follow, it functions, but might change tomorrow! My sound stopped couple weeks, returned 1 month, now stopped, who cares not you/me! mine is same as your ending, too! :hmm:

krusht,
Reactions: ataxian

DonDizzurp

ELEVATED
The draw on the Solo is fine regardless of the version. The real problem is users who try to overcome the designed airflow by pulling harder. That's what makes it seem like a milkshake and gives you a headache. It's easy to avoid: just don't pull hard. With any vapourizer, if you feel resistance in the draw then you are probably pulling too hard, dirty and clogged devices notwithstanding. If you stop hoovering it and puff gently, it will respond with nice quantities of vapour.

I understand that, I'm obviously not expecting to hit it like a bong but I was hoping I wouldn't have to change the way I toke just for this vape.
I have the EQ by Arizer and it pulls smoothly with zero resistance. As a smoker and toker for nearly 10 years I had a big problem with having to take very slow hits off of the Pax with its strong resistance. I'm also a mouth-draw kind of guy rather than straight-to-the-lungs so my natural resistance already affects the way I toked the Pax.

DonDizzurp,

OF

The real problem is users who try to overcome the designed airflow by pulling harder.

Very well put. Draw resistance is a very subjective measure. What's fine to me might well be impossible for you. If the device is designed to work within what you want/expect, all is well and good. The maker is sure to have tested more and less resistance and decided on a compromise that suits 'most people' whoever they are.

And he did, it seems, respond to those who wanted more open draw (and were willing to pay a fair fraction of the whole purchase price for a PVHES). Hopefully this widened performance will include more 'this is OK now' folks. It won't get all, of course.

I think folks should not let other member's tastes/preferences make their buying decisions for them, way too subjective IMO. And the Solo itself opens up some on it's own as it breaks in. And a very valuable skill with the stock stems, tipping them to control the airflow, changes the draw a lot but is not a feature of the PVHES due to it's notches. Get to know the factory setup before you decide it's not for you?

OF

CarolKing

I bought the older model Solo over a year ago. I really liked it, but the draw resistance was too much. I felt winded. It changed everything for me when I bought the PVHES mouthpiece. It was like a new unit. Some folks don't have the lung strength, whereas others can draw these big lung busters.

CarolKing,

P666R

hey just want to let everyone know i have owned 3 vapes but the only one that has stood the test of time even had buddies buy vapes and them die before this mother fucking solo has died. and it hasnt died
and it wont
if you wanna get a less tight airfloww just get a eds tnt wood stem pack it light halfway and shake before you heat it.
im telling ya senior here speaking wisdom.
and i am drunk
and it aint even friday
your moms

CarolKing

What might be a tight draw for one person, could be different for someone else. You can buy the Solo at
Puffitup, Planetvape or most sponsors on FC. It's $160, Puffitup may price match.

krusht

Annoying font choices aside, this post violates our "Be Nice" rule. Warning point issued.
I understand that, I'm obviously not expecting to hit it like a bong but I was hoping I wouldn't have to change the way I toke just for this vape.
I have the EQ by Arizer and it pulls smoothly with zero resistance. As a smoker and toker for nearly 10 years I had a big problem with having to take very slow hits off of the Pax with its strong resistance. I'm also a mouth-draw kind of guy rather than straight-to-the-lungs so my natural resistance already affects the way I toked the Pax.
- -- > so DOOD - I like the same - lotsa air & big smoke - vapor is gay - gimme a big spliff enny day

:rofl:RONG RONG rong - - > just inhale as the pressure/resistance permits.

Why does anybody say we has to get the BIGGEST toke possible?

That is for ego!
Can one not enjoy the easy ramp of escalation by several nice tokes, rather than one or two monster dabs? If that's your deal, do it! It ain't practical with a vaporizer - that is NOT the PURPOSE of vaping!

If we wish to impress people (or yourself) with clouds, use joints or a pipe, hookah, water pipe, bongs, spliffs or cocaine - if you want to get pleasantly and very stoned, vaporizing is ONE very neat method that is clean, gentle, plus effective - if you want a dopers rush, buy dope & a HYPODERMIC!

If you feel it's a drag to "change the way I toke just for this vape", then GFYS! SOLO rocks baby!

ENNY vaper is G w ME! peace light love

Very well put. Draw resistance is a very subjective measure. What's fine to me might well be impossible for you. If the device is designed to work within what you want/expect, all is well and good. The maker is sure to have tested more and less resistance and decided on a compromise that suits 'most people' whoever they are.

And he did, it seems, respond to those who wanted more open draw (and were willing to pay a fair fraction of the whole purchase price for a PVHES). Hopefully this widened performance will include more 'this is OK now' folks. It won't get all, of course.

I think folks should not let other member's tastes/preferences make their buying decisions for them, way too subjective IMO. And the Solo itself opens up some on it's own as it breaks in. And a very valuable skill with the stock stems, tipping them to control the airflow, changes the draw a lot but is not a feature of the PVHES due to it's notches. Get to know the factory setup before you decide it's not for you?

OF
GUYS - this is SO RIGHT _ if you dislike vaping, that's weird, but if you don't like SOLO you haven't got the " ...tipping them to control the airflow ..." MO in control - it can be key to enjoying the most of different heat levels, taste, etc. It can be likened to playing a sax - fingers & breathing!:rofl::leaf:

Last edited by a moderator:

exit

I have been noticing one of my solos seems to run much more efficiently than my others. The weed will start to taste a little cooked even as low as 4 if you don't hit it for a couple minutes after it is heated, at least more than usual.

If anyone remembers from a while back in the thread this is my solo with the top cap held in place with ptfe tape - perhaps this extra insulation traps more heat in. I love it because I can kill bowls in a couple very long and very slow draws :)

Top Bottom