Arizer Solo

Propaganja

Would it beep constantly too? That's the same thing that happen to my m1d and my friends m1c and m1e.
However my m1t felt really solid, buttons were tight and works like a champ. The m1d I got new from the same store felt really loose and wasn't heating up to par IMO.

Propaganja,
Reactions: Maine420

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
All these numbers are nonsense, get over it. :bang:You either have the one you can use and charge at the same time or you have the one that can't. Why waist your time trying to analyze which ones are the good ones and which aren't? I'm not even going to say the number of the one I sent back, I'm not playing that game. All I need to know is it wasn't working.:cuss:

I'm looking forward to getting my new exchanged Solo from PIU sometime this week.

I think all these numbers gives out false information to all the people reading through the thread, and confusing too.:hmm:

Last edited:

aceskace

My new model Solo is acting up. It takes a charge, but when I try to use it without being plugged in, it turns off. It shows all the lights all lit up, but when I set the temp. The whole thing turns off. I tried the soft reset, but it didn't work. I just emailed PIU. I bought this Solo around 2 months ago.

I have the older model Solo too, it's still working like a charm and no chipped bottom either. My newer model is chipping where the screws are at the bottom, it makes the edges sharp.

Sure glad I bought at Puffitup.

Edit: Got a response within a half hour of contacting PIU via email. Randy thought it sounded like battery problems. He sent me an RMA with printed label so I don't have to pay shipping. The Solo is packed up and ready for travel. Excellent service from PIU. Time to go to the Post Office.

Could be a battery problem. But from my experience it isn't, I've had the same issue (twice) down to the same timeframe (stopped working in 2 months, and the chipped bottom), also the auto shutting off when temp is set. Is the solo a M1D2?

Lucky you purchased from PIU, cause both instances I've had to replace the unit

cawshook

Solod out.
2yy2j2h.jpg

Hitting it dry these days.

DOOM

I'm so envious of anyone who has PVHE GONG from planetvape...I've been waiting for sometime for them to come back in stock.

I keep checking Ed's site to see if the WONGS are in stock, still nothing. Come on ED, hook a brotha up :lol:. I'll even redesign your funky website for you, lol.

OF

05/09 :rockon:check on PV

3 days? Most cool. Anyone can wait 3 more days (against 'next time'....). Then the feeding frenzy starts. Hopefully, as in the past, the first guy on it will post here and tell us all so we can jump in? After placing his order of course........

I wonder if we'll have another round of "model number facts" before then?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be watching and am sure I won't be the only one.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hopefully, as in the past, the first guy on it will post here and tell us all so we can jump in? After placing his order of course........
Uuuuuhhhhhhhhh :uhoh:

:rofl:

Also here's a macro shot of the reclaim stem insert @Belgianvapor where you can see the oil sticking to the screen like I was saying a while back. I pulled 3 nice full drops of clean reclaim out of the glass part of the stem :D

YMI45Jb.jpg

Propaganja

I'm so envious of anyone who has PVHE GONG from planetvape...I've been waiting for sometime for them to come back in stock.

I keep checking Ed's site to see if the WONGS are in stock, still nothing. Come on ED, hook a brotha up :lol:. I'll even redesign your funky website for you, lol.

Yea the gongs from Planetvape are amazing, like night and day. I have the regular non turbo and it's a producer. I heard the turbo has more airflow than needed. Like my wood stem which was disappointing.

Just got my new Solo in (M1A4) I'm liking it so far. It does take a strong pull, not really a fan of that at all. I also wouldn't really call it completely portable as it is big heavy and in 2 pieces. I like to use this around the house when I am not near my Extreme Q, and it works great like that. I like that it has a tiny chamber and uses all glass and that is sort of a downfall as well for me. I do wish they would have made a silicone stem that would have been included and would have made the Solo more portable. So the fact that the stem is large and gets hot and is breakable takes away from the portability factor a little.

VapeAir 2000,
Reactions: ataxian

cawshook

Solod out.
Just got my new Solo in (M1A4) I'm liking it so far. It does take a strong pull, not really a fan of that at all. I also wouldn't really call it completely portable as it is big heavy and in 2 pieces. I like to use this around the house when I am not near my Extreme Q, and it works great like that. I like that it has a tiny chamber and uses all glass and that is sort of a downfall as well for me. I do wish they would have made a silicone stem that would have been included and would have made the Solo more portable. So the fact that the stem is large and gets hot and is breakable takes away from the portability factor a little.
You can buy Ed's wooden stems.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
UnlErPX.jpg

What I like about the SOLO is that you can go to the back yard and instantly have a session before dinner!
Blue Dream + JESUS CHRIST OG
I'm hungry now!

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on

What a coincidence, I just got my new new solo in (M1A4) also. The pull should lighten up in time as the gasket gets broken in and loosens a little. I used a pvhes stem and the draw was easy. Get an ed's wooden stem for on the go durability; an ed's wooden 2-3 inch stem for portability.

Fozzie Bear

I purchased the M1E about 3 months ago and it recently just died on me. Pretty much the unit would not heat up and the blue idle light would flash rapidly. Contacted arizer and they sent out a new one which is a M1Y. I just hope this one doesn't die on me either. The vapor quality is almost identical to my previous unit, only downside is I believe that the "new" unit they sent me is refurbished, the up/down buttons are a bit lose and the overall feel of the unit is not as solid as the first one i bought. I heard this only happens to the M1E models. Can anyone confirm this please?

This is exactly what is happening with my unit. The blue idle light is flashing rapidly when it is off, and the temperature is all over the place when it is on. I'm talking to the vendor and Arizer, everything is moving very slow..... :( My busted unit is an M1C1, purchased December 2013

Fozzie Bear,

OF

Black is Beautiful!

And lightproof as well.

You know, before seeing it I'd have guessed it takes a really sick mind to paint a Mason jar black. No need to guess any more, now we have evidence........

Ataxian, there really is only one guy like you....which is a good thing 'cuz that one takes a LOT of watching.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
And lightproof as well.

You know, before seeing it I'd have guessed it takes a really sick mind to paint a Mason jar black. No need to guess any more, now we have evidence........

Ataxian, there really is only one guy like you....which is a good thing 'cuz that one takes a LOT of watching.

OF
Light proof is the goal!
Very cool you get it!

I need cases of mason jars!!

I have black bumper paint that works perfectly!

Theory::

Sativas bred to harvest early make one paranoid!
20 week flowering strain is amazing!
Dispensaries won't carry it!!

$1,000 per onze.
You can have a vaporizer.
You still need da kind!

ILoveVaping33

Ok guys,

got my arizer solo today! Since I gonna work later I can't use it yet with my favorite herb but of course I couldn't wait with unboxing it! So here are my first impressions, pls let me know if everything is normal:

- The device feels solid and well made - just the plastic buttons are loose and feel cheap
- The straight mouth steam fits in perfectly and tight but the curved one is VERY loose
- On the bottom it says copyright 2011

What makes me nervous is the curved mouth steam, is it normal that it is so loose?

... I did some testing without the herb just to see how easy it is to take a drag and noticed it's pretty hard actually.. so if this is the advertised "better air flow" I really wonder if I have the newest one because if this is "better" it must have been almost impossible to drag with older versions...

Last edited by a moderator:

mystery3m

... I did some testing without the herb just to see how easy it is to take a drag and noticed it's pretty hard actually.. so if this is the advertised "better air flow" I really wonder if I have the newest one because if this is "better" it must have been almost impossible to drag with older versions...

You don't hit this with a heavy draw... you draw SLOWLY and GENTLY for 10-15 seconds and OMG you get huge cloud hits... it's a paradigm shift to what you are typically used to.

Embrace the change.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

If it feels restricted then you're pulling too hard. This applies to every vapourizer ever made.

OF

What makes me nervous is the curved mouth steam, is it normal that it is so loose?

First off, welcome to the forum and all the fun. Good choice with Solo IMO.

Actually the tight fit is abnormal, it really only happens with brand new units. As the seal 'breaks in' over the first few uses it will loosen up on the tight stem as well. This is actually a feature, but it bugs some of us so much (for me, chasing the twisting bent stem) that the use of the o-ring was born.

My advice is to ignore your pre conceptions and give this excellent machine a chance to show you what it can do. The level of restriction is not an accident I think. It's been refined a couple of times for best performance then was changed again to meet the 'demands' of guys trying to chalk up bit WTs and so on. Your blazing based understandings won't help at all in some vape areas. Unlike having a coal in the bowl (making more heat on strong hits), this guy makes no more extra heat in a strong hit (indeed almost all the heat actually used in a hit is stored in the works beforehand, the heater proper doesn't really contribute to the hit but the recovery. Like most other vapes (there are a couple of exceptions) it can only make vapor so fast, pushing it harder with lots of cold air in a too strong draw only cools it off and decreases production.

Sip it up as it's produced, honking on it too much will make the well run dry.

Give it a chance to show you what it can do.

Regards,

OF

ILoveVaping33

Just used the solo for the first time and it's great. No question. Now I hope it stays like this and I don't get problems I read a lot about here and at other places.

Now a question about the o-ring: When placing it, is it still possible to fully close the upper part?

ILoveVaping33,
Top Bottom