Arizer Solo

Nu11ington

I had the same exact train of thought haha...and as soon as I tried it I was like ah fuck this...then I started kicking myself because the Gong stem I originally wanted went out of stock! Now a month later I finally have a Wong on the way. You'll see what I mean when you have to keep the stock stem in place upside down while placing it in your adapter, and then when you go to pull it off you'll hear the glass on glass scratching as you unwedge it and it just sucks. Plus it is uncomfortable the whole time your doing it. But just my personal experience!!! I like things as comfortable and easy as possible I am picky as hell that way...but everyone is different!
Damn! Alright you think I should shell out another 20 for a wong/gong stem? What are the cheapest ones out there?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I had the same exact train of thought haha...and as soon as I tried it I was like ah fuck this...then I started kicking myself because the Gong stem I originally wanted went out of stock! Now a month later I finally have a Wong on the way. You'll see what I mean when you have to keep the stock stem in place upside down while placing it in your adapter, and then when you go to pull it off you'll hear the glass on glass scratching as you unwedge it and it just sucks. Plus it is uncomfortable the whole time you're doing it. But just my personal experience!!! I like things as comfortable and easy as possible I am picky as hell that way...but everyone is different!
I've been and lived in many countries along my life's journey and California is still my favorite place on this planet!

Why?
ekK8KYV.jpg

equatorgringo

Damn! Alright you think I should shell out another 20 for a wong/gong stem? What are the cheapest ones out there?

I really do. I know I wish I did. Plus, I went to the beach last weekend and the stock stem fell out of my hands and broke. I haven't been able to pair the Solo with a bubbler since. Email Ed at @Ed's TnT and see what he has in stock for 2" wongs (18mm is best since your bubb is 18mm or else you will need the 18 to 14 adapter anyway) or 18mm gong from planetvape (out of stock right now until they make more, like 3 weeks probably?). These are the two favorites here.

I'm not sure if anyone else has a source for Solo gongs/wongs?

I've been and lived in many countries along my life's journey and California is still my favorite place on this planet!

Why?
ekK8KYV.jpg

Ahhh the sweet taste of wine and yummy legal bud!!! California here I come! You have a guest house out there at your pool buddy??

olivianewtonjohn

Instead of spending $10 on an adapter.....Rig up something on your stem to fit the 18mm fitting. Can be a tubing or even tape

Then wait till Planet vape has the gongs back instock and order a 18mm

Get ED's stem for durability but wont have as good of flavor
Get PV stem for flavor but wont be as durable (glass)

Nu11ington

Instead of spending $10 on an adapter.....Rig up something on your stem to fit the 18mm fitting. Can be a tubing or even tape

Then wait till Planet vape has the gongs back instock and order a 18mm
Sounds good to me! I know some people can work with silicone tubing but how would you do this with tape? And then disassemble it after? Could I get some tutorials for both please?

Nu11ington,

olivianewtonjohn

Sounds good to me! I know some people can work with silicone tubing but how would you do this with tape? And then disassemble it after? Could I get some tutorials for both please?
I edited my post above, added the difference between planet vap and ed's gong.

For tape what I did was use scotch tape and wrap a piece around the stem until it fit the 14mm opening. This worked great for me, you would have to make it thicker but should still work (might have to wrap like an inch or two so it doesnt fall off-increase sticking surface).

Or you can use a silicone tube, you literally just find a piece that fits in the 18mm joint and also can stretch over the stem. It doesnt matter to much just use what you find around the house.

EDIT: This method should work pretty well for you since the bubbler you are buying has the solo sitting on top

olivianewtonjohn,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I really do. I know I wish I did. Plus, I went to the beach last weekend and the stock stem fell out of my hands and broke. I haven't been able to pair the Solo with a bubbler since. Email Ed at @Ed's TnT and see what he has in stock for 2" wongs (18mm is best since your bubb is 18mm or else you will need the 18 to 14 adapter anyway) or 18mm gong from planetvape (out of stock right now until they make more, like 3 weeks probably?). These are the two favorites here.

I'm not sure if anyone else has a source for Solo gongs/wongs?

Ahhh the sweet taste of wine and yummy legal bud!!! California here I come! You have a guest house out there at your pool buddy??
We still have goofy laws regarding cannabis.

If I yield 16 onces from my legal grow I keep 7.9 onces. My trash can is full.
California needs modification to the law.

Were close!

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Not your fault I live in a deprived state ataxian, that's all on me.

Plan ahead I was taught. I planned but I didn't act soon enough, so I wait.

Can't grow here, no dispensaries sometimes you gotta wait.

I'll deal with it I've been feeling OKish.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The law allows 8 oz.
My single plant grows yield over 16 ozs. Crazy laws?

over 8oz's in the trash!
Frosty Dank Top Colas!
Makes me wonder?
Hey, ataxian..... I have your address from that GonG stem I sent you, remember? Anyway, can you tell me what day your trash is picked up on again? I'm just taking a random poll or something like that, so it's no big deal to tell me..... really.... I promise... :ninja:

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey, ataxian..... I have your address from that GonG stem I sent you, remember? Anyway, can you tell me what day your trash is pickup on again? I'm just taking a random poll or something like that, so it's no big deal to tell me..... really.... I promise... :ninja:
Hey Stu, you need help carrying that? I know, 8oz isn't that heavy, but it's crazy bulky!!!!! :rockon:

DrRishi

Hi All

First I would like to thank all the contributors to this forum. Without this forum I would have made a number of costly mistakes but because I could make an informed choice vaping has been an instant success for me.
I have had the Solo for a couple of weeks now and I am very happy with it. I already find the taste of a joint very unpleasant after 35 years of smoking!

Now I need to convince my wife as I am finding the smell of those joints (with tobacco) is really starting to become an issue for me (nothing worse that an ex combuster!). She finds the draw on the Solo a little to hard. Any suggestions on the best vape for her (and as a backup). I have been looking at the Ascent and Pax but the Pax is not easily available in Europe (don't want to end up with a fake). Does the Ascent draw more easily that the Solo?

Cheers

DR

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Now I need to convince my wife as I am finding the smell of those joints (with tobacco) is really starting to become an issue for me (nothing worse that an ex combuster!). She finds the draw on the Solo a little to hard. Any suggestions on the best vape for her (and as a backup). I have been looking at the Ascent and Pax but the Pax is not easily available in Europe (don't want to end up with a fake). Does the Ascent draw more easily that the Solo?Cheers
DR
Have you tried a PHVES?
Less restriction.

Tobacco mixed in a joint?
Like drinking fine wine out of a Styrofoam cup!

Pretty gross?

DrRishi

Bit of a regional thing. Here in NL all joints are mixed with tobacco.

I have a extra flow mouthpiece which I really like but I think it is the nature of a convection vaporiser, you have to pull the air through the herb.

Just been reading about the Indica. Sounds ideal but when I went to order it turns out that shipping to Europe costs more than $100. That's a real shame.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Bit of a regional thing. Here in NL all joints are mixed with tobacco.

I have a extra flow mouthpiece which I really like but I think it is the nature of a convection vaporiser, you have to pull the air through the herb.

Just been reading about the Indica. Sounds ideal but when I went to order it turns out that shipping to Europe costs more than $100. That's a real shame.
I know it's a regional thing?
Tobacco makes me sick.
Just messing with you.
If you can handle it go for it.

In HOLLAND (NETHERLANDS) you have the best seed companies.
Good engineers as well.
I'm surprised you don't have a manufacture of Vaporizers?

I think the SOLO is the easiest to use?
The Canadians are excelling in this area! (vaporizers)

DrRishi

As an engineer I will take that as a compliment. I also grow my own using seeds from Sensi.

But you are right that it is strange that not a single vape comes from NL. We have a couple of good technical universities and enough stoners that you would have thought someone would have made an effort to create a vape but it does sound like a lot of work to me to get it right (as Arizer have done).
Having said that vaping is not very big in NL (yet). Maybe I should start an import business!

I always knew at some point the Canadians would make some significant contribution to the world (only joking, I love Canadians).

Top Bottom