Arizer Solo

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Glass definitely has the better flavor, however the wood imparts a nice "earthy" tone to the vapor which some people like. I think the wood also helps cool the vapor a little bit, when on setting 5 with the wood I feel its not much harsher than setting 4 with a glass. I
personally don't find myself using the wood stem a lot because its wider than the glass stems and I dont like my O-rings getting stretched out each time.
Ed makes beautiful work though and its definitely a nice addition to my collection.
I have to agree with all of this! I have an Eds' Blackwood stem, but use it only for walking or working on the "farm". The best things about the wooden stems is they don't break and they give the Solo a "classy" look like and old time brier pipe. But glass does taste much better.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have to agree with all of this! I have an Eds' Blackwood stem, but use it only for walking or working on the "farm". The best things about the wooden stems is they don't break and they give the Solo a "classy" look like and old time brier pipe. But glass does taste much better.
I have one too.
I broke so many stems I was glad to have my wood stem for back up.
It has a use of many sorts!

GR

I have one too.
I broke so many stems I was glad to have my wood stem for back up.
It has a use of many sorts!
Couldn't order extra stems, couldn't order gongGs...kids go learn to blow glass!

Oh yeah, can I get a link for wood stems, will make yard word more fun and probably more will get done then when I am using oil for everything.

spoutti

Ed's stem transfer more heat to the cap of the solo. I think my glass stem gets hotter than my ed's stem. BUT, I rarely clean my glass stem, and I attribute a lot of heat retention to the reclaim inside the stem.

Fresh clean glass with a shinning flat domed screen for the best flavor.... With the appropriate strain of course:smug:

@GR Here is Ed's tread

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/eds-tnt-wooden-vapor-tubes-vapor-stems.3342/

hd_rider

I only use Ed's stems exclusively. The taste is great. The more these wood products are used, the more resin that builds up inside and the less the wood imparts any taste to the vapor.

Until recently, I was using a full-size Blackwood stem with my Solo. As mentioned by @spoutti , I do notice my cap gets warm to the touch. I don't know if my glass stems do this as I don't use them at all.

I recently stopped using the stem and now use a 18mm "wong" exclusively with my bubbler and Solo. This works so well for me that I simply have no desire to try it any other way.

wqyb87.jpg

I do admit, however, if PlanetVape ever gets glass adapters for the Solo, I may have to pick one or two up just to try them out.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I only use Ed's stems exclusively. The taste is great. The more these wood products are used, the more resin that builds up inside and the less the wood imparts any taste to the vapor.

Until recently, I was using a full-size Blackwood stem with my Solo. As mentioned by @spoutti , I do notice my cap gets warm to the touch. I don't know if my glass stems do this as I don't use them at all.

I recently stopped using the stem and now use a 18mm "wong" exclusively with my bubbler and Solo. This works so well for me that I simply have no desire to try it any other way.

wqyb87.jpg

I do admit, however, if PlanetVape ever gets glass adapters for the Solo, I may have to pick one or two up just to try them out.
Love the way the metal lip is rounded and the grooves look less deep than I've seen as well as mine.
Overall look is "sexy" for sure.

hd_rider

Love the way the metal lip is rounded and the grooves look less deep than I've seen as well as mine.

That's actually my own mod. I took a file and polishing wheel to the bowl edge as soon as I received it. I feel this improves airflow around the edge of the bowl where it makes contact with the bottom of the heating chamber in the Solo. It also makes it easier to insert the wong into the Solo.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
How about flavor?

Glass or Wood?
Love the flavor of wood. Love the looks of wood. Love the feel of wood. Love the durability of wood. Love the unbreakability of wood. Love the different sizes of wood. Love the different uses of wood. Love the vapor from wood. Love the look of my vapes with wood. Love my growing collection of wood. Love the service of wood master craftsman http://edstnt.com. :nod:

Glass? What's glass?:shrug:
TvOpySW.jpg

Last edited:

greyhound71

i just received a new Solo that I ordered on e-bay. It was supposed to be the latest 2014 new model. The serial no. starts out M1A. i thought the new 2014 models started out as M1D or E? so I contacted them and they told me this was the latest model and that they receive new shipments from Arizer each and every month and assured me that this was the newest one. Am I being dupped here?

greyhound71,

Gray Area

i just received a new Solo that I ordered on e-bay. It was supposed to be the latest 2014 new model. The serial no. starts out M1A. i thought the new 2014 models started out as M1D or E? so I contacted them and they told me this was the latest model and that they receive new shipments from Arizer each and every month and assured me that this was the newest one. Am I being dupped here?

Does it heat while plugged in? If so you got a new one... (if not there'll be a few people want to know where you got it ;))

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If you can use it plugged in then it's a newer model Solo. Don't pay any attention to serial numbers, Arizer reuses the numbers. There are other features with the newer models, but that is the most obvious difference.

greyhound71

If you can use it plugged in then it's a newer model Solo. Don't pay any attention to serial numbers, Arizer reuses the numbers. There are other features with the newer models, but that is the most obvious difference.
I haven't even opened the plastic wrap that is covering it yet, (in case i had to send it back), but they assured me that it would work while plugged in. They say that they are an Authorized Arizer dealer selling new Solos, very few negitives on their rating, and nothing negitive on the Arizer products.

Does it heat while plugged in? If so you got a new one... (if not there'll be a few people want to know where you got it ;))
I will definately let everyone know where I got it if it turns out not to be as advertised. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
greyhound71,
Reactions: ataxian

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Glass for sure.

wqyb87.jpg

Love the flavor of wood. Love the looks of wood. Love the feel of wood. Love the durability of wood. Love the unbreakability of wood. Love the different sizes of wood. Love the different uses of wood. Love the vapor from wood. Love the look of my vapes with wood. Love my growing collection of wood. Love the service of wood master craftsman http://edstnt.com. :nod:

TvOpySW.jpg

Can't argue with anybody about the taste difference, so how about a hybrid.

P1060657_zps9aa2a174.jpg

A first generation Ed's short Gong, modified with a hold down brace and silicone tip now with a glass attachment inserted into it. Also, thanks to the inspiration from hd_rider , I too filed the end somewhat. Haven't polished yet as eager to compare before and after. I must say it does seem to work somewhat better. Definitely not worse. Load did come out more spent in a shorter time.
To file I simple used my electric screw driver and stuck the silicone tip onto the end of the driver bit. Hold it down against a file and spun it. A little at a time as gets quite warm to hold down. Checking constantly to ensure it was filing evenly. Need some very fine to finish up. Which I still need to do.

P1060652_zps9b62495a.jpg

Last edited:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Its @hd_rider that got the idea to file the metal bowl. But tx anw to think me able to come with the idea. AND think me not lazy enough to do it haha!
Opps, me and names....corrected the post. Thanks for catching that spoutti.
Sorry @hd_rider, BTW, did another bowl. It does seem to deal with the heat different now. I'm thinking without as much steel on steel contact that the bowl doesn't drop the lower oven temp as fast..?
IMO, great mod.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

The durability of wood is very good!
I love the flavor of glass.
Could just be medical condition?
So I guess I'm a out cast?
Just ordered more glass!

aka DaBigKahuna

I'm in the same exact situation, the difference is I opened mine and ran it through two sessions solo :D - to burn off the oil smell. And am enjoying it now.

It's definitely a newer model (M1A...) you can use while charging, the stock stem hit's like a beast now, and I get clouds on 2. On my older (M1A...) model it would not work while charging, airflow was noticeably more restricted and had to set to 4 to get clouds.

Enjoy.

I haven't even opened the plastic wrap that is covering it yet, (in case i had to send it back), but they assured me that it would work while plugged in. They say that they are an Authorized Arizer dealer selling new Solos, very few negitives on their rating, and nothing negitive on the Arizer products.

I will definately let everyone know where I got it if it turns out not to be as advertised. Thanks for the reply.

ataxian if I order a D020 to use with the Solo I have to order this correct?

https://www.planetvape.ca/pvhegong-high-efficiency-gong.html

And if yes, is there an alternate place to purchase since this is OOS? Thx.

The D020 as a 18mm female connection.

18mm GonG and no adapter needed.
If all you have is a 14mm GonG then you need a 18mm x 14mm reducer bushing.

I have both.

Adapters are always useful!

The D020 is not the ultimate however I like it for the SOLO a lot.

Tonight in fact a few GonG's with SOLO and D020 will be very satisfying!

Last edited by a moderator:
aka DaBigKahuna,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm in the same exact situation, the difference is I opened mine and ran it through two sessions solo :D - to burn off the oil smell. And am enjoying it now.

It's definitely a newer model (M1A...) you can use while charging, the stock stem hit's like a beast now, and I get clouds on 2. On my older (M1A...) model it would not work while charging, airflow was noticeably more restricted and had to set to 4 to get clouds.

Enjoy.

ataxian if I order a D020 to use with the Solo I have to order this correct?

https://www.planetvape.ca/pvhegong-high-efficiency-gong.html

And if yes, is there an alternate place to purchase since this is OOS? Thx.
18mm PHVES = NICE

ataxian,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Solo has been my yard mate this week, using the Eds Granadillo stem, no worry about bumps and falls. Dodging the rain showers in the Pacific NW. Trying to spruce up the yard after a very mild winter here.

GR, I don't know if it's your first Solo, but you won't be sorry with your purchase. The Solo is one of the top portable vaporizers out on the market.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Played soccer with some cottage grove kids on a select team, i lived in Hastings AND Prescott Wisconsin right on the river! Now im up north where i belong. Gotta love the beautiful outdoors!

ETA- i forgt i mention, there's a lake across the road from my house, and 3 others within a mile. Its nice when you dont wanna be found!

Last edited:

colgorkan

I'm getting ready to order wire mesh screens and have ordered from PV in the past and like the fine and extra fine mesh screens. Does anybody know what the mesh size corresponds to those screens. I'm considering 80 x 80 mesh, .0055" wire diameter pre-cut screens from McMaster-Carr and would like something similar to what I have.

Top Bottom