Arizer Solo

Nu11ington

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm about to pull the trigger on a d020. I love the Solo and this seems like the perfect accessory for it. http://m.dhgate.com/product/d020-bubbler-hand-blown-glass-vase-perc-water/175832535.html#product

The shipping is really expensive $10 but I haven't found a better price. Do I need any other attachments? It comes with quite a few do I need to purchase another GonG adapter for the solo?

Thanks
The D020 as a 18mm female connection.

18mm GonG and no adapter needed.
If all you have is a 14mm GonG then you need a 18mm x 14mm reducer bushing.

I have both.

Adapters are always useful!

The D020 is not the ultimate however I like it for the SOLO a lot.

Tonight in fact a few GonG's with SOLO and D020 will be very satisfying!

Nu11ington

The D020 as a 18mm female connection.

18mm GonG and no adapter needed.
If all you have is a 14mm GonG then you need a 18mm x 14mm reducer bushing.

I have both.

Adapters are always useful!

The D020 is not the ultimate however I like it for the SOLO a lot.

Tonight in fact a few GonG's with SOLO and D020 will be very satisfying!
how much water do I put into the d020? don't have much experience with bubblers

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
how much water do I put into the h020? don't have much experience with bubblers
I fill it just above the slits.
Start there and adjust up or down to your liking!
tt06HuM.jpg

Let us know how you like it?

Level 4 is my setting.

If you came from burning start at 5 and adjust up or down.

Find your sweet spot!
bCdgLIm.jpg

This set up is with a 14mm PHVES GonG.
I use a reducer bushing in order to do this!

Last edited:

Nu11ington

Are there any other cheap water attachments for the Solo that I should look into?

or DIY pieces?

edit: doh! was about to purchase the d020 but dhgate doesn't accept paypal anymore. so much for that idea.

Last edited:
Nu11ington,
Reactions: ataxian

Nu11ington

One step at a time!

The stock stems work really well.

Add more stuff as you go.

I have stuff in boxes I never opened.
I made the mistake of over buying at first. You will have a nice mix from the start.

WET & DRY!

Their both good!
Unfortunately the d020 is not an option anymore ): The PNWT and the fbomb are both a bit outside my price range as I already shelled out 130 for the solo itself

rayski

Just received my brand new Arizer Solo!! The model starts with M1T0. I guess it's their newest line, is it? :D
You know, these aren't really model numbers. they're more like batch markings, some of which have been repeated after some time. April 2 is the earliest M1T0 has been mentioned in this thread, so I'd say you have one of the most recent batches produced.

OF

Unfortunately the d020 is not an option anymore ): The PNWT and the fbomb are both a bit outside my price range as I already shelled out 130 for the solo itself

In the dark days before d020, F-Bomb or PNWT there was 'the infamous bubbler' standing watch alone. IMO a great little gadget. You can use a GonG adapter or just use the stock stem and some tube to connect to the fitting supplied:
http://www.pipesdaddy.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VP-0022

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The D020 is a purchase I use.
Very nice start!

I have a few different vaporizers I love however use the SOLO's the most!

ataxian,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

olivianewtonjohn

If you can somehow order the D020 (maybe a friend can help), I highly recommend it. Very little resistance and great stacking. Also great form factor (can leave solo on top of it, easy to hold, etc). Another good one seems to be d020-D (video in the cheap glass thread)

LazyIdol

Have been t-breaking for about the last month (its still a t-break if you do it less than 4 times during weekend:dog:) As of tomorrow 945 pm I will be done and then on Friday I hope to head to some trails ~1 hr away with my dog and trusty solo weather permitting. Plan to bring my WT and enough for stem packs a plenty!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Just received my brand new Arizer Solo!! The model starts with M1T0. I guess it's their newest line, is it? :D
Newest model/batch/lot number, yeah. We determine the "actual model" by whether you can vape while charging (new) or if you need a separate cable to activate power adapter mode (old).

Do you think the wooden stems from Eds TNT get hotter than the glass stems?
I don't think one can really get hotter than the other, they're both being subjected to the same temperature ranges, only real difference I can think of is the differences in heat transfer/retention because Ed's stems use metal bowls as opposed to the glass stems. You could always pre-heat your stem for a bit and then load and insert the hot stem in and start vaping, but that takes time and we don't always have that...

Used my LB last night for the nightcap as well as to start using it again, and woke up really early because my pup wanted to go outside to go to the bathroom. Had a nice fresh cup of coffee and some low-temp Tangerine Dream for mostly-sativa and a little of the indica side of it. The heat-soaking the stem for a session before packing it... kinda worked a bit with this TD. I think it was mostly vapor production from the strain but I can't discount the hot stem... yet.

More testing? More testing :science:

LazyIdol

While I agree with what @Quetzalcoatl has to say about they both are the same temperature. I feel like my Ed's stem needs more heat up time than a glass stem due to the heat retention of the SS vs. Glass. I usually use a glass stem on 4 but with Ed's I bump it up to 5. That being said, once heated up I feel like my Ed's stem stays "hotter" due to the higher heat mass it holds. In summary

Glass stem: Will consistently produce vapor, but can be cooled off easier due to a quick draw speed or long draw
Wood stem: Takes longer to reach temperature, once reached will maintain temp better

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
While I agree with what @Quetzalcoatl has to say about they both are the same temperature. I feel like my Ed's stem needs more heat up time than a glass stem due to the heat retention of the SS vs. Glass. I usually use a glass stem on 4 but with Ed's I bump it up to 5. That being said, once heated up I feel like my Ed's stem stays "hotter" due to the higher heat mass it holds. In summary

Glass stem: Will consistently produce vapor, but can be cooled off easier due to a quick draw speed or long draw
Wood stem: Takes longer to reach temperature, once reached will maintain temp better
How about flavor?

Glass or Wood?

LazyIdol

Glass definitely has the better flavor, however the wood imparts a nice "earthy" tone to the vapor which some people like. I think the wood also helps cool the vapor a little bit, when on setting 5 with the wood I feel its not much harsher than setting 4 with a glass. I
personally don't find myself using the wood stem a lot because its wider than the glass stems and I dont like my O-rings getting stretched out each time.
Ed makes beautiful work though and its definitely a nice addition to my collection.

Top Bottom