Arizer Solo

vape4life

Banned for life
That depends on how much you fill, what temp you are at, moisture of the bud, how deep your pulls are... I think Max summed it up the best.

My short answer is, long as fuck!!! The thing seems to never wanna stop producing vapor!

Lupe420 said:
How long does the Solo produce Vapor for during each fill?

vape4life,

darkrom

Great Scott!
vape4life said:
That depends on how much you fill, what temp you are at, moisture of the bud, how deep your pulls are... I think Max summed it up the best.

My short answer is, long as fuck!!! The thing seems to never wanna stop producing vapor!

Lupe420 said:
How long does the Solo produce Vapor for during each fill?

With all my hate for the current issues of the solo, I can attest that it does produce a great amount of vapor.

darkrom,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Frederick McGuire said:
Does anyone know of anywhere that sells replacement stems aside from planet vape? They want $40 shipping for any order, and I don't want to pay $60 for 2 stems :(

Hi Frederick,
Thanks for pointing that out, we try our best to have the lowest shipping rates, we never mark up shipping costs and usually subsidize the cost to charge less than it actually costs us to ship, depending on the product.

The charge you encountered was for International Parcel, which is meant for much larger, costly and heavier items and not for stems or smaller products. We have now added Australia to the Small Packet International choices for much more reasonable shipping costs. Thanks again for letting us know so that we could fix the shipping choices for Australia.
P.V.

PlanetHaze,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Received the new straight stems from PV and they are awesome! Much better airflow and it seems the bowl is burning more evenly than before. The fit is extremely snug so I you don't have to worry about the stem falling out if you turn the unit upside down.

If you plan on using your solo with a bong/bubbler I strongly suggest you give the straight stems a try!

BossBrew,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I too recieved my straight 4 hole stems from PV.......

Although I really do like the straight over the curved for actual use without them twirling around, I find that I don't quite get the same visual vapor production when compared to the curved ones. Even if I raise my preferred temps thinking that perhaps the lack of the curve may have affected the heat retention or something.... but no luck with 'that' assumption. I still get lit, but I was so hooked on the Solo's visual vapor that I'm kind of a 'little' disappointed.

Note: I've yet to try the 4-hole curved ones I also picked up to see if the same applies..... but that will have to wait until this evening :D

smokum,

BossBrew

Metalhead
smokum said:
I too recieved my straight 4 hole stems from PV.......

Although I really do like the straight over the curved for actual use without them twirling around, I find that I don't quite get the same visual vapor production when compared to the curved ones. Even if I raise my preferred temps thinking that perhaps the lack of the curve may have affected the heat retention or something.... but no luck with 'that' assumption. I still get lit, but I was so hooked on the Solo's visual vapor that I'm kind of a 'little' disappointed.

Note: I've yet to try the 4-hole curved ones I also picked up to see if the same applies..... but that will have to wait until this evening :D
Agreed, the straight stem doesn't give me the same quantity of visual vapor as the stock stem but it seems to burn the bowl more evenly. Still getting medicated though!

Let us know how that 4 hole curved stem works!

BossBrew,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
IME, the 2 hole stems give moderately thicker vapor, with a far more restricted pull.
For a 2 hole stem, I had to pull with my mouth, and then inhale, whereas with the 4 hole I can just inhale directly with my lungs.

IMO, the 4 hole stem is superior, but leads to slighly lower temps.
(7 on my solo with a 2 hole stem lead to almost black ABV, whereas 7 on the 4 hole stem gives me a nicely dark brown ABV.)

I didn't notice any particular difference between the bent 4 hole stem and the straight 4 hole stem before I broke the bent 4 hole stem :(

Frederick McGuire,

w4m2k0

I love how P.V. Is willing to hop on this forum yet arizer is nowhere to be seen... Good work P.V.

w4m2k0,

w4m2k0

guitarscreamngrowler said:
hey guys whats offical site to buy the solo from i have extreme q might pick this up to. i have ssv an rock zap
Puffitup.com seems like a good choice. Use the coupon code arizersolo90 and get $90 off!(that's if the coupon is still active, it was still good when I ordered mine Wednesday)

w4m2k0,

vape4life

Banned for life
They just pretend that we don't exist, but "arizer tech" was on this forum for one post and disappeared as did the post.

Anyone else compare the SS replacement to the ceramic? It is true about the 4 hole stems that they allow better airflow and thinner whispier vapor, but I think a bigger difference is in the actual unit. My favourite combo is the ceramic solo with 4 hole stem!

w4m2k0 said:
I love how P.V. Is willing to hop on this forum yet arizer is nowhere to be seen... Good work P.V.

vape4life,

shane15

I final got my Solo in the Mail on friday. After a good days use with it I am very impressed with the fire power that this beauty has. I received a M103 model ceramic with a 2 hole steam. The fact being that I have been a daily SSV i was looking for a more portable version that would give me similar sized hits. Dont get me wrong, the MFLB is an amazing vape and deserves alot of credit. I am strong believer that certain vapes are better in certain situations and now that I feel I have covered all my bases to enjoy that fine mary jane. Now back to the solo... Upon opening I gave it a full charge (which ran about 2 hours), then ran it through two cycles at 7. Then finally the magic begun, I start off with my temp around the two range and draw those first tasty vape hits to about three. I stay there for a while till the vapor is noticealby less till I pump it up to 4-5, by then the 12min autoshut off is activated. When bowl is evenly browned due to the bowled ss screen I put into the wand. I am now going on day two with the solo and loving it. There are no signs of flaking, and there was a faint smell during the inital burn off but become barely noticeable. I am looking forward to using this machine in the days to come. Question, Do you guys use your solo to diffuse essential oils? I have been trying to use eucoliptis and I dont know if the temp isnt high enough but there doesnt seem to be much smell being diffused.
Thanks and looking forward to discussing more about this great vape.

Shane.

shane15,

darkrom

Great Scott!
vape4life said:
They just pretend that we don't exist, but "arizer tech" was on this forum for one post and disappeared as did the post.

Anyone else compare the SS replacement to the ceramic? It is true about the 4 hole stems that they allow better airflow and thinner whispier vapor, but I think a bigger difference is in the actual unit. My favourite combo is the ceramic solo with 4 hole stem!

w4m2k0 said:

Shady Shady. I can't believe people put their health in shady hands like this. I feel bad for everyone (including myself) who got this when it was new, but it shocks me that people are STILL going out to buy a vape like this.

darkrom,

MG23

Relaxin'
darkrom said:
vape4life said:

w4m2k0 said:

Shady Shady. I can't believe people put their health in shady hands like this. I feel bad for everyone (including myself) who got this when it was new, but it shocks me that people are STILL going out to buy a vape like this.

We get it man. Not to be rude or anything I'm just tired of reading this same post over and over again.
Clearly your unit was defective, not all of us were so unlucky.
I'm personally on my first ceramic unit with no conceivable problems yet and I know of plenty in the same boat.

Judging by Pakololo's post, if those LHS owners were being honest than there are hundreds if not thousands more satisfied customers with no problems than the same few posters here that repeatedly complain about the same defective units.

I know there are a lot more satisfied than unsatisfied Solo owners on FC alone, they just aren't quite as vocal about their satisfaction with the unit as those with problems are vocal about their dissatisfaction. Or maybe doomsayers just draw more attention than people saying "Thanks for the great vape Arizer." I dunno.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe we're all inhaling poison. But I doubt it.

MG23,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
vape4life said:

w4m2k0 said:

Do you mean this post by Arizer Service? http://fuckcombustion.com/search.php?action=show_user_posts&user_id=4653

Maybe try to e-mail Kevin? When I did I had a reply a new solo sent my way in a day. I could understand why he doesn't have the time or means to follow this thread daily and respond to everything. But if you would try to e-mail him I bet he would get back to you in a reasonable amount of time, then you can post his reply here if you wish to do so.

As for the Ceramic vs SS unit, I believe you can get more airflow using the SS unit regardless of what stem is used because the four air intake holes at the bottom of the bowl are larger due to not having the ceramic coating which makes the holes a bit smaller. Of course this mean the SS unit cannot reach as high of temps as the original ceramic but that is something that would only matter in the case of hash or other concentrates.

aesthyrian,

Phineas T. Freakears

I'm in both camps: happy with my first solo :D, while the second is still unusable because it stinks ... :mad:
That bad smell is coming from where? Is it harmful to inhale? We do not know, so this is a real problem, and Arizer denies this odor problem. I understand Darkrom, and as I said before, as Arizer not explained and does not solve this problem, I would not advise this Solo around me.

Otherwise, Solo's with ceramic bowl are not all identical: on my first Solo there are circular grooves at the bottom of the bowl, while the bowl of my second Solo is all smooth. :2c:

Phineas T. Freakears,

vape4health

About the smell, I would just like to point out that more then one owner ( myself included ) have been long time FC members that have owned or do own multiple vapes, we didn't just join FC to complain about one product. Mine still has a sent if you smell into the top but I don't notice the taste anymore, that's after I baked it. It does make some really nice clouds and works great with water, it hits more like a desktop then any portables I own, and that would be the IO, LB, wood VG and no2.

I was messin with the battery pack and its more then just 2 cells. After removing the shrink wrap from the pack there is a tiny board that the batteries run to, one side of the board has one wire running to both + and - of one side of the batts but the other side of the board has an individual wire to + and -, Im guessing its like a balancing circuit so both cells drain and charge evenly. This is all guess work guys Im no battery expert, Im sure Hippie knows all about it. I need to learn a bit more before I cannibalize the stock pack for the parts. As everyone knows ( I hope ) these new chemistry batteries are not to be fucked with, fire, explosions, and sever burns are all possible.

I still use my Solo multiple time a day and Im very happy with it, of all my vapes ( desktop models included ) the MFLB is the only other vape I've used after I got the solo and that is only when I have to be a vape :ninja:

vape4health,

vapeon

MattyGTwenty3 said:
darkrom said:
vape4life said:

We get it man. Not to be rude or anything I'm just tired of reading this same post over and over again.
I'm personally on my first ceramic unit with no conceivable problems yet and I know of plenty in the same boat.

Judging by Pakololo's post, if those LHS owners were being honest than there are hundreds if not thousands more satisfied customers with no problems than the same few posters here that repeatedly complain about the same defective units.

I know there are a lot more satisfied than unsatisfied Solo owners on FC alone, they just aren't quite as vocal about their satisfaction with the unit as those with problems are vocal about their dissatisfaction. Or maybe doomsayers just draw more attention than people saying "Thanks for the great vape Arizer." I dunno.

My exact feelings, its getting really old, same thing over and over. I beleive arizer to be a company with well built products. At least they are replacing the models for people who are unhappy. I think they are doing more than alot of companies would. Darkrom almost sounds like a shill. The repeating is getting old.

vapeon,

darkrom

Great Scott!
MattyGTwenty3 said:
darkrom said:
vape4life said:

The thing is if mine is "defective" it is a defect by design not one that broke. If there are foreign smells and tastes and chemicals, they aren't just sprinkling it on mine and laughing about it. I really think it is a matter of harm reduction at this point. If you don't think shady vapes exist feel free to buy the LEAD vape I got that claims it is lead free. I am done speaking about the solo completely because my thoughts and opinions on it are taken the wrong way as I feared they would be. Do as you all please, I don't know you, but it'll be a shame if you all find out in the future you've been using an unsafe device. I hope I'm wrong, but I have nothing else to say on the matter. If you want to pretend you got one that is somehow safer then who am I to discourage you.

darkrom,

w4m2k0

darkrom said:
MattyGTwenty3 said:
darkrom said:

The thing is if mine is "defective" it is a defect by design not one that broke. If there are foreign smells and tastes and chemicals, they aren't just sprinkling it on mine and laughing about it. I really think it is a matter of harm reduction at this point. If you don't think shady vapes exist feel free to buy the LEAD vape I got that claims it is lead free. I am done speaking about the solo completely because my thoughts and opinions on it are taken the wrong way as I feared they would be. Do as you all please, I don't know you, but it'll be a shame if you all find out in the future you've been using an unsafe device. I hope I'm wrong, but I have nothing else to say on the matter. If you want to pretend you got one that is somehow safer then who am I to discourage you.
But not everyone is getting a vape giving off the smells meaning some are perfectly working safe vapes.

w4m2k0,
MattyGTwenty3 said:
darkrom said:
vape4life said:

lol I was actually reading his post and was going to post something similar but not as long winded lol

VapeNStone,

poonman

I just want to thank all the members for their input , pros and cons .
It definitely helps the individual conscientious consumer to make up their own decision .

1. If I were to hear nothing but good things about any one product . Alarm bells !!! Perfection ? i-phone ?
But there is a large gap between the Love it and Hate it group .
2." I've been lurking around this forum for a ......" I find that " Line " getting old . Only by the shills and
vendors using it , not the real genuine noobies , I'm talking about . You can tell the diff .They use this
site to settle personal vendettas too....see the Cloud thread .
3. Thank you for the re-post aesthyrian ,but I believe that was from page 1 , page freakin 1 !
If I was a vendor that relied on some web sales and knew there was a " Free " site that showcased
any of my products . I would do more than utilize that " Free " resource to promote .
4. Since the time I started reading about the Solo , it went from $300 to aprox. $200 currently . ( I think )
And because of ALL the good things said about this unit , especially the Big Vapor rips . I'm that much
closer to " Pulling the Trigger " on this unit . I want to see the reviews on the mivape !!!
5. Hey PlanetVape , there seems to be a bit of " Calling out " on this thread . And with my participation ;
I just tried to access your web-site , and it was not up and running . Are you one of those shady vendors
we speak of ??? Just kidding : ) Where are you located in the GTA , I want to come by and maybe shop .

I hope none of my remarks got too personal , I'll apologize in advance .
It's just that one of the " minority " on this thread is what I call a Solid Guy and have given me nothing
but Honest/Truthful/Helpful advice .

Thank you for your input vape4life .

poonman,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
poonman said:
5. Hey PlanetVape , there seems to be a bit of " Calling out " on this thread . And with my participation ; I just tried to access your web-site , and it was not up and running . Are you one of those shady vendors we speak of ??? Just kidding : )

Hi Poonman,
Our website has not been down for any maintenance for a long time now, you might want to check your internet connection or try again. We have been chatting with people all day on our online live help, if the site was down, that would not be working... so that is how we know there are no problems. Thanks for keeping an eye on it though, it is appreciated.

We are fully authorized for every vape we sell, including the Arizer Solo. No shady practices here.
P.V.

PlanetHaze,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
So I just ordered a couple of replacement stems from P.V. (two bent and one straight 4 hole stems)

I mentioned that I had brought up the postage thing here and thanked them for fixing it in my order.

Then, this morning, I get an email confirming my order, and I find out that they've included another 4 hole straight stem and a storz & Bickel Volcano grinder for free :)

I am now a very happy camper :)

Thanks again P.V.

Frederick McGuire,
Top Bottom