Arizer Solo II

vctr

If you're not filling the stem, won't the bud fall out into the oven? Or do you press it firm against the four holes? But if you press it against the four holes will it be too far away from the oven?

Domed screen has been working nicely for me, but I'd love to learn other techniques to see what works best.

I'm loving this thing so far. Have not picked up a lighter in 6 days!

I use a screen. I suck the load in and gently tap on it. I don't know how they stay put, but they do :D

OF

If you're not filling the stem, won't the bud fall out into the oven? Or do you press it firm against the four holes? But if you press it against the four holes will it be too far away from the oven?

It might, but so what? The floor is at 390F (or whatever you set it for) so there's no chance of combustion. All that happens is that part of the load vapes first. Many make a special effort to make sure no herb can touch the surface for whatever reason, but it's surely not necessary.

This is a conduction vape, the entire load is in the oven (the copper cup you see looking in). Copper conducts heat very well, the entire cup is basically at the same temperature being fairly thick. The glass walls form an insulating layer, slowing but not really stopping the heat from conducting into the load. This is why 'heat soaks' are effective. It all, eventually, vapes to the same color? No matter where in the stem it was.

Did you know you can simply break off a nugglet and poke it in and vape away? For basically the same reasons.

Glad you're finding joy with your Solo. You've got lots of company in that.

Regards to all.

OF

Last edited:

Johnnyblaze01

Need a little help. Last few days i havent been getting a lot of vapor out of my bud. I've been getting inconsistent colored abv. Extremely dark brown at the top center, and much lighter brown/yellow around the sides. Sometimes its still green along the sides. It seems like only the top layer is getting heat.

This only started recently but i havent changed anything. I used to get a consistent light brown abv.

I'm having this problem with and without the domed screen, and using both my stems, and at various temps.

Any clue what's going on here?

Johnnyblaze01,
Reactions: ataxian

itopito

Need a little help. Last few days i havent been getting a lot of vapor out of my bud. I've been getting inconsistent colored abv. Extremely dark brown at the top center, and much lighter brown/yellow around the sides. Sometimes its still green along the sides. It seems like only the top layer is getting heat.

This only started recently but i havent changed anything. I used to get a consistent light brown abv.

I'm having this problem with and without the domed screen, and using both my stems, and at various temps.

How do you pack your material in the stem? Tight or loose?

OF

It's a conduction vape, it depends on physical contact to conduct heat into the load. So, within reason, tighter packing gets better contact and a bit more herb in. Both of which improve production. A couple of tests should help you get a handle on it? Try loading two stems, one tighter than the other. Change them back and forth, leaving time for a 'heat soak' before trying it each time and see?

Regards to all.

OF

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I bought a Solo2 (second hand sale) and, if it works perfectly well when plugged on the wall charger, I can't get it to power on while unplugged... is the right power on/off sequence is to press both together the up and down buttons? if yes this is doesn't work on the unit I received... is it a common issue?

edit: btw I found the Solo2 awesome, nice vaporizer, my first Arizer and I understand better why it's so famous!

vctr

Yeah, when it's charging you don't have to press both, but unplugged you hold down the middle abnd up keys. It starts a count down on the screen and you hold the keys until it's done and you get the "hi :)" message.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Had my Solo II stop working, out of warranty. But I had a new replacement from Arizer in just 3 days for $129.99 with the charger , but no other parts. I consider it a great deal. Enjoying some Mowie Wowie bud shake from a dispensary today. Only $22.50 for a half Oz. Wowie Zowie.

Johnnyblaze01

I never pack it too tight. Either a slight tamp or i just suction through the stem for a loose pack.
Same bud, same moisture?
Yep, same same.
It's a conduction vape, it depends on physical contact to conduct heat into the load. So, within reason, tighter packing gets better contact and a bit more herb in. Both of which improve production. A couple of tests should help you get a handle on it? Try loading two stems, one tighter than the other. Change them back and forth, leaving time for a 'heat soak' before trying it each time and see?

Regards to all.

OF
Thanks i'm going to try some things and see if i can figure it out. Im still getting a nice high so its not the end of the world. It just seems like the bud isnt getting heated efficiently.

OF

Thanks i'm going to try some things and see if i can figure it out. Im still getting a nice high so its not the end of the world. It just seems like the bud isnt getting heated efficiently.

Yer welcome, enjoy the journey. Hard to argue with getting all the THC you put in back and safely into your body. 100% efficiency would be getting it all out in usable form, WRT time? You can get a handle on extraction by following the color and weight changes. As it vapes away, the herb changes color and 'breaks down' taking less space.

Regards to all.

OF

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yeah, when it's charging you don't have to press both, but unplugged you hold down the middle abnd up keys. It starts a count down on the screen and you hold the keys until it's done and you get the "hi :)" message.
Thank you, there wasn't the user guide included, I watched a video and I understood the power on/off sequence was to press both together up and down buttons, my mistake and thank you again to give me the answer: power on/off, press together M and up buttons

Johnnyblaze01

I think I've resolved my problem. The culprit, i think, was packing the stem too tight. I used a triple A battery to compress the domed screen (it's currently more plateau than dome), so i can pack more herb without it being too tight. I also ground the herb a little finer. Really happy with the results.

Thanks for the help as always.

VapeWell

I never pack it too tight. Either a slight tamp or i just suction through the stem for a loose pack.

Yep, same same.

Keep at it, frient. As long as you get to where you want!
Cheers,
Vapewell

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Had my Solo II stop working, out of warranty. But I had a new replacement from Arizer in just 3 days for $129.99 with the charger , but no other parts. I consider it a great deal. Enjoying some Mowie Wowie bud shake from a dispensary today. Only $22.50 for a half Oz. Wowie Zowie.
Back in a ERA before the one were in now MAUI WOWIE harvest was illegal?
A SOLO at this time in history after the ice age would have been CIVILIZED!

Djsleepy

So question to all, I had my solo2 as a backup and noticed over time the Oem glass started to Lean and one side would touch and there would be a gap on other side is that common? Mine was so bad I did warranty and they replaced it saying heater had shifted and I just got replacement and instead of leaning right it leans all the way back ?!?!?!Same thing.... heater shift???
Tia for any insight.

Djsleepy,

Johnnyblaze01

So question to all, I had my solo2 as a backup and noticed over time the Oem glass started to Lean and one side would touch and there would be a gap on other side is that common? Mine was so bad I did warranty and they replaced it saying heater had shifted and I just got replacement and instead of leaning right it leans all the way back ?!?!?!Same thing.... heater shift???
Tia for any insight.
Mine appears to be "shifted" also, and i have a relatively new unit (1 month of daily usage).

Did it affect performance for you? I'm not sure that it affects performance for me, but i wouldnt really know since im a vaping newb.

Johnnyblaze01,

Djsleepy

Mine appears to be "shifted" also, and i have a relatively new unit (1 month of daily usage).

Did it affect performance for you? I'm not sure that it affects performance for me, but i wouldnt really know since im a vaping newb.
My first one definitely affected use This seems ok but they said my last one that the heater shifted and this one is just like it except different spot!????!??!?

Djsleepy,

VapeWell

My first one definitely affected use This seems ok but they said my last one that the heater shifted and this one is just like it except different spot!????!??!?
That’s frustrating when something’s not fixed to your satisfaction. I’ve had excellent customer service from the Arizerians. Have you reached out to them again? Good luck.
VapeWell!

VapeWell,

Johnnyblaze01

i was wondering if anyone has noticed a difference in vape quality between hydro/light dep/greenhouse? Obviously strains will matter, but hypothetically, all things being equal.

When i used to combust, I'd always go for hydro. Does it matter when vaping?

Johnnyblaze01,

Sparkpug

I ended up getting myself a Solo 2 last week for bedside table use. I wanted something I could stuff in the top drawer and keep pre-loaded stems for when I wake up in pain. I tried a Mighty a few years ago and did not like it much at all.

It's a bit shocking there isn't more fan-fare for this vape. I absolutely love it. I ended up making the Solo 2 my main device, mainly due to its portability. It feels quite powerful and with a single scoop of herbs after a pass in a Santa Cruz Shredder, I'm getting about 4 - 6 good draws. The first few are extremely tasty with the final ones tasting a bit more cooked. I'm really impressed with the flavor -it really pops. It's also tastier than heck with a small nugget too. In fact last night I used a small nugget of Fire OG and was happily puffing away when it hit me that I was a bit high. It tasted like candy!

I bought 2 different PhDHE GonGs, a Vortex and an efficiency. I'm currently using a makeshift adapter for water by attaching my Solo's stem to a 14mm glass fitting with tubing. It's much easier to use smaller amounts in than a stock Mighty and despite it being drawn out over a session, I am enjoying the experience.

Top Bottom