Arizer Solo II

I was under the impression that the solo was primarily convection, is it really mostly conduction? I have an IQ and was looking for something more efficient and I’m worried this is going to use just as much and perform the same

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker

OF

I was under the impression that the solo was primarily convection, is it really mostly conduction? I have an IQ and was looking for something more efficient and I’m worried this is going to use just as much and perform the same

Naw, no such thing as "primarily convection" (or conduction for that matter). One or the other, but no such thing as a combination in typical vapes. It's a temperature flow (Thermodynamics) thing. For convection to work, since the air actually carries very little heat energy per molecule) you have to heat it a LOT hotter than conduction temperatures. Like 1300 degree hot (the source in Thermovape Cera and that ilk). "Glowing hot", far hatter than needed to start combustion if you let the herb get too close to the source. Not happening in Solo/Air/ArG0 since the cup is the hottest thing around (at about 400F).

And 'heat soaks' being effective is a dead give away. It's taking time for the replacement heat to conduct into the load for the next hit, convection would give a second hit immediately since the incoming hot air would be 'right there'?

Besides, if you want efficient (more vaping for the battery life), convection is a straight up loser. A real power hog. So long battery life is another clue. Solo is the call? Popular for a good reason. Enjoy it, not to fret.

OF

GoldenBud

it's a conduction device. the airpath is too short for a convection vaporization.
the taste is so good because of the "glass conduction", so people tend to think it's a convection device. (convection devices usually provide a better taste).

OF

the taste is so good because of the "glass conduction", so people tend to think it's a convection device. (convection devices usually provide a better taste).

I agree it's definitely conduction. And, no doubt, the 'clean taste' adds to the idea it's convection. But I'm not sure it ends there. IMO Solo/Air/ArGo have this (deceptive?) clean taste is because they can so easily be kept clean. That is most conduction vapes have constructions that make it nearly impossible to keep them clean so naturally you taste junk from prior sessions. If you use dosing capsules in a vape like F2 or Edge I think it too benefits from this idea even if they can't be kept as clean in the MP as a glass stem in Solo can?

Another big clue is convection is a power hog, we'd never get the 'sessions per charge' we enjoy with Solo/Air/ArGo.

Regards to all.

OF

hans solo

Left coast Canada
41c70vb%2B-NL.jpg

works on the solo ll
from Amazon.ca
Had trouble inserting image

Last edited:

Djsleepy

Question to all......I use my solo 2 as a backup with stems and wpa( all bought from arizer) I noticed today the stems lean to one side....looks like seal is pushed in /warped/ etc. Normal? Thoughts? TIA

Last edited:
Djsleepy,
Reactions: BigJr48

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
SoloIIwood.jpg

I bought one of Ed's wood Stems years age, but never used it much because it never heated up as well as the glass and the diameter seemed to stretch the seal too much. I solved that problem by adding the glass bowl from a broken stem I had saved. I sanded and flamed the broken bowl and connected it to the wood stem with a piece of plastic tubing. It works great. It has just a hint of wood flavor that is not objectionable. Adds a bit of class. I have dropped this setup several times and so far and it seems to hold up to drops better than regular stems. I really enjoy using it this way. It has become my favorite stem.

hans solo

Left coast Canada
I just had a 90 on my solo ll and there is a thin a thin even space between the oven and the stem.
The oven should be identical so the variable is the stem. I would include an image but I too am baffled as to how to insert a image on this forum.

happynomoretobacco

While waiting i slept away.....the arrive of the Solo waked me up....nice way to end my little afternoon sleeping :rockon:
Great taste really great taste is the first i have to say. Have to do more testing yeahh :clap:

Is the screen for the glass or the ovenbottom?

ginolicious

Why is this one so highly regarded over the air 2? I’m looking at getting a new vape. And have a crap ton of 18650s laying around. Hence why I’m leaning towards an air 2 more due to the replaceable battery. Is that basically the only difference on these units? Is the draw restriction about the same?

Top Bottom