Arizer Solo II

uncanni

Given the known issues with the Solo II would you buy another? If not, what would you replace it with?

After a year of using the Ghost MV1 and all the toil that involved, I find that the vapor of the Solo II is just as wonderful as in the MV1, which is a helluva primadonna machine in my opinion. I gave mine away to a friend in need.

After around 15 years of trying different vapes, right now I believe the Solo II is the very best I've ever used. It's so easy to clean (vs. MV1: gods save us!!!!!), I can fine tune my temp, and I don't have to grind bud. I'm not just a happy camper: I'm a blissful camper.

If I had to replace it, I'd try a different Arizer product: I'm enormously impressed by their track record.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Thanks. Sounds like fun. How does about 2:30 on Wednesday work for you?

OF
Ha! If you can make it down here to the jungle I will have some trago de caña ready for you. Powerful sugar cane liquor; packs a punch. Goes very well with the Solo II...

You are always welcome. :)

EDIT: Just looked at some ABV from this morning and realized there was a small ant mixed in with the herb. Damn, that means I vaped a bug! Hope it wasn't alive when it went into the stem. Ugh. Wonder if I got any protein benefits? lol So, just so everyone knows, the Solo II is powerful enough to vape bugs. ...not sure if that will be a selling point for Arizer in the future.

Last edited:

OF

Nice to know if I'm ever in the neighborhood with nothing to do I've got a place to crash. You never know, you know. How comfortable is your couch?

Not so sure about the ant? Was it a good session? You might want to experiment some...…..

Termites offer some interesting possibilities, depending on what they've been eating?

OF

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Nice to know if I'm ever in the neighborhood with nothing to do I've got a place to crash. You never know, you know. How comfortable is your couch?

Not so sure about the ant? Was it a good session? You might want to experiment some...…..

Termites offer some interesting possibilities, depending on what they've been eating?

OF
No couch for you, @OF; we can do better than that. Luxury hammock? Pillow-lined, dug out canoe?

The weed down here is a bit harsh and not too tasty so I didn't really notice the subtle difference in flavor with the ant. If he was alive, I sure hope he got high before becoming crispy.

Think I will skip the bug vaping experimentation with the Solo II. lol But I did buy a bag of grasshopper protein powder last year. Not too bad, all in all. Way of the future. However, if bug vaping ever DOES become a thing, I want credit for being at the forefront of the craze.

OK, sorry to get off topic. Back to the wonderful world of the Solo II.

WildChild,
Reactions: OF

uncanni

Fast, perhaps, but happy?OF

Who is happy at the moment of death but saints and junkies? No, the Pompeiians were gritting their teeth and attempting to shield their bodies and their babies; the figures are a testament to the instantaneity of their response in the face of such a catastrophe. I would choose this death over death in a gas chamber...

uncanni,

OF

Who is happy at the moment of death but saints and junkies? No, the Pompeiians were gritting their teeth and attempting to shield their bodies and their babies; the figures are a testament to the instantaneity of their response in the face of such a catastrophe. I would choose this death over death in a gas chamber...

I knew a guy who had a fatal heart attack in the sack.....does that count? There's an old joke about the guy who expired in the local house of ill repute, he sneezed, farted and came at the same time...….

I figure the ant might fit the junkie category......if only for the first time is her life?

As to Pompeii I recall a show where dozens of them had taken shelter in a big cave on the coast, so some saw danger and acted. Common theme in such cases, the Japanese in the Tokyo fire bombing did the same (died huge numbers at the shore). Recently we had the same thing happen in the wildfires in Australia, crowds of refugees getting caught on the beach. FWIW I just read the heavy rains have come 'down under' putting out the fires and causing flash flooding...….sometimes you just can't win.

Regards to all.

OF

vctr

I enjoy this vape more and more. I most enjoy the ease of use. I use the vape like 4-10 times per day so it does matter how easy it is to use. Only two pieces is great. Filling the bowl is so easy and quick. The oven doesn't gunk up and you can just toss the stem in milk to boil clean. No other cleaning required... How awesome is that?

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I enjoy this vape more and more. I most enjoy the ease of use. I use the vape like 4-10 times per day so it does matter how easy it is to use. Only two pieces is great. Filling the bowl is so easy and quick. The oven doesn't gunk up and you can just toss the stem in milk to boil clean. No other cleaning required... How awesome is that?
+1

WildChild,

uncanni

It's pretty gol-darned awesome. I remember how hard the Crafty was to clean; I sold that thing very quickly. Then the MV1: I won't even start. It's like I used to think it was a sign of how good the vape was by the number of parts involved; boy, was I naive. I'm so glad I found the Solo II.

Bazinga

I agree. However, after using the Mighty and the Splinter I cannot tolerate the draw restriction. Going to either sell mine - or give it to a friend.

Bazinga,
Any must have accessories for this unit to improve performance and smoothness? I’m on the fence about ordering one but with the BOGO deal I can’t really resist. I own a digital volcano, vapexhale evo, and a davinci iq for herbs. I think this will be a good around the house vape that isn’t quite as accident prone as the evo, which I’m super careful with since the glass breaking in that is a $200 fix.

WhyAmIBlitzed,
Reactions: uncanni

Bazinga

I agree. However, after using the Mighty and the Splinter I cannot tolerate the draw restriction. Going to either sell mine - or give it to a friend.

Sold it. Being picked up tomorrow. Maybe it's time for a TinyMight.

Bazinga,

ejackyou

Hamilton
You must have been packing it mighty tight to have draw resistance...
Yes!
Some don't realize that the beauty of the Solos is that amongst other advantages , you need not grind the bud, :uhh:
Just break it up enough to loosen in order to breath, then fill chamber to the brim, without Packing,
or only slightly, in order for the flower to stay put. :tup::love:

ejackyou,

uncanni

Alright, you're starting to give me seller's remorse.
You should feel deep remorse!! And yet.... TinyMight...10 year warranty..... Made in Finland... It's adorable... Now I am wondering...

How long has TinyMight been around? Another thing I really like about Arizer is its track record. Lets us know they aren't going to go bankrupt and leave us with a useless machine...

uncanni,

OF

As we've said before, draw resistance is pretty subjective. IMO so much so as to be almost useless as a benchmark.

Early on with Solo (that's the original version of Solo I) our good friends at Planet Vape (top notch supporter of these Forums that they are.....) developed, produced and sold a line of lower restriction stems. Still do I think. Those of us here then jumped right on board. They featured grooves down the side of the bowl (on the outside) and notches in the lip to give extra air passage. Much more than the current Solo II with it's larger vent holes. At on top of that a version with the bottom of the bowl drilled out between the four holes there. We found out that less draw resistance didn't give more potent hits, just bigger ones.

In the end, you got bigger, but thinner, clouds more easily. Slowing down some gave thicker hits......still does.

The issue it heat can only conduct into the load to make more vapor so fast. That is what limits actual vapor production. More air can only slow that down by 'stealing' heat that would otherwise make more vapor. Arizer is a solid outfit that knows it's business well I think, look at the products they produce in terms of utility (making vapor dependably) and longevity (they seem to soldier on and on with few if any breakdowns). Few makers come close in those areas. They no doubt tested the draw resistance?

Anyway, those who wish for less draw restriction (IMO mostly based on the blazing experience where more air means more fire bringing more heat to make more vapor) should check out PVHES (Planet Vape Hight Efficiency Stems)? I suspect you'll come to the same conclusions we did, Solo/Air/ArGo works best as designed. In the end all designs are a set of compromises after all.

Best wishes to all.

OF

ejackyou

Hamilton
Personally, I own a Volcano 'Digit', the 'Plenty', Solo II, and a DynaVap or two, I'm set for life?

Some people are on a never ending quest to find the
As we've said before, draw resistance is pretty subjective. IMO so much so as to be almost useless as a benchmark.

Early on with Solo (that's the original version of Solo I) our good friends at Planet Vape (top notch supporter of these Forums that they are.....) developed, produced and sold a line of lower restriction stems. Still do I think. Those of us here then jumped right on board. They featured grooves down the side of the bowl (on the outside) and notches in the lip to give extra air passage. Much more than the current Solo II with it's larger vent holes. At on top of that a version with the bottom of the bowl drilled out between the four holes there. We found out that less draw resistance didn't give more potent hits, just bigger ones.

In the end, you got bigger, but thinner, clouds more easily. Slowing down some gave thicker hits......still does.

The issue it heat can only conduct into the load to make more vapor so fast. That is what limits actual vapor production. More air can only slow that down by 'stealing' heat that would otherwise make more vapor. Arizer is a solid outfit that knows it's business well I think, look at the products they produce in terms of utility (making vapor dependably) and longevity (they seem to soldier on and on with few if any breakdowns). Few makers come close in those areas. They no doubt tested the draw resistance?

Anyway, those who wish for less draw restriction (IMO mostly based on the blazing experience where more air means more fire bringing more heat to make more vapor) should check out PVHES (Planet Vape Hight Efficiency Stems)? I suspect you'll come to the same conclusions we did, Solo/Air/ArGo works best as designed. In the end all designs are a set of compromises after all.

Best wishes to all.

OF
Wow! someone who does their homework! :wave:
Lets hope some of these vape manufacturers stick with their R&D Department for quality and design
of their products, rather than bend to their Marketing people who chase their fickle Consumer! :rofl:
Arizer and S&B come to mind. :bowdown:

ejackyou,

uncanni

check out PVHES (Planet Vape Hight Efficiency Stems)? I suspect you'll come to the same conclusions we did, Solo/Air/ArGo works best as designed.
OF

Something seems not right here: I can't find the store or the items you're talking about... Planet Haze??

uncanni,
Top Bottom