Arizer Solo II

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I start around 365 dry and don't like to go above 400 unless I'm finishing the bowl. Water is a different story tho!
https://instagram.com/p/BUi23k-gXb4/ Even 365 can produce some sexy clouds.

Yeah man...you've got that thing dialed in! How long of a preheat did you give it?

How do you like that bent stem?

Whatcha packing in there...looks like some potent shit!?

AJS

Calm Consistency
Yeah man...you've got that thing dialed in! How long of a preheat did you give it?

How do you like that bent stem?

Whatcha packing in there...looks like some potent shit!?
Yes I do!
About 30 secs. That's why you saw that nice early stem milk right when I pulled.

Loving the bent. Haven't touched the others yet. Except my Ed 3D booster.

Trust me it's not the good, my regular guy quit his dealer job...proud of him, but damn his herb was good. New guy always says his stuff is "medical" (:rofl::lmao:) but really it's like a 5/10.

I'll find a new guy soon. The stuff I have now tho is from a friend and is significantly better.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The more I use this vaporizer the better it gets. No need to do a large number of burn offs. I just did 4 / 10 min burn offs. I didn't see the 30 min in the manual either. Not noticing any off gassing or bad vapor taste.

It feels nice in my hands and very sturdy also looks to be well made. Nice flavor at 375 - 380 degrees. The bent shorty turbo I think is my fav stem as well. The standard straight stem works great too.

I love the mystic blue color. Normally I go with black.

Heat up time is quick. I love the count down then the smiley face. The heater doesn't dip in heat like the Solo OG when taking a draw. It must be that heavy duty battery that gives the heater that gusto.

Time will tell if this portable has the endurance over time like the Solo OG. I sure hope it does.

So easy to use. I'm very happy with my purchase so far. It does a nice job of extracting the goodies from your cannabis. I don't see what not to like about this unit. It works well to fit my needs. I intend to try it with water and also try it with my j hook so I can get those higher temps. We all have a different sense of what harshness is and 385 degrees was the highest that I felt comfortable with. Water I can go higher for pain.

Often it comes down to personal preference with any vaporizer. Glad to see @stickstones on the Solo 2 train. It was nice to hear your thoughts and feelings about this unit. That was funny, "fuck burn offs....".:lol:
Just relax and enjoy.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
also try it with my j hook so I can get those higher temps. We all have a different sense of what harshness is and 385 degrees was the highest that I felt comfortable with.
The JHook is awesome, I love using my friend's. I find even on the higher temps, while the vapor isn't hot, it still causes me a tad bit of irritation, though totally manageable. Lemme know if your experiences differ!

385 is right around my cutoff for smooth vapor too.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Fuck burnoffs...a lot of people do them wrong. They should only be done long enough to burn off any residual oils left behind during assembly. Anything more than that has the potential to overheat the vape since it was designed to have us cool it off during the session with our draws, and this doesn't happen during a burnoff. Then it gets hotter than designed and we notice other smells that wouldn't be there if it weren't running too hot from the burnoff.

I test a couple of new vapes a week, many from China. I'm to the point now where I turn it on for a minute or two and if the smell is okay I jump right in. I think Arizer's suggestion to burnoff for 30 minutes [if they said this...I can't find it in my manual], no more no less, should be heeded with their vapes...Arizer is very thorough! If they didn't say it, then I wouldn't do more than one. More than that can cause damage.

But enough of that boring shit...this vape rocks! I have been testing it with all sorts of different stems and have more on the way, and I've been running it through water as well. My favorite current setup is with the PVHES Turbo stem. The airflow is wide open and the Solo II can keep up. Two nights ago I was getting great clouds huffing on it on 410 and thinking this is Mighty territory. When I get my Mighty back I can't wait to do a side by side of these two!
I can't find arizers burnoff instructions either? :shrug: Huh? Anyway for all the people throwing weed in this thing..have you had a vape produce this much, from such a small amount, with enough power to keep up with us horkers:nod:, and the flavor! :science:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I make sure to "burn off" at least a 8th in every new vape I get, I dunno that's just my routine haha:rofl:

Time for a PV Stem order me thinks, been spending money like water since I got my pension!
Was going to order some Eds stuff he can't take PayPal. So waiting to get a buddy to order for me.
@AJS how's the 3D Booster??

sickmanfraud

So easy to use. I'm very happy with my purchase so far. It does a nice job of extracting the goodies from your cannabis. I don't see what not to like about this unit. It works well to fit my needs. I intend to try it with water and also try it with my j hook so I can get those higher temps. We all have a different sense of what harshness is and 385 degrees was the highest that I felt comfortable with. Water I can go higher for pain.

Is 385 the highest with the stock stems or including the extra-large-long stem from Ed?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: BigJr48

CarolKing

@sickmanfraud The 385 degrees for me was the stock stem from Arizer. I haven't used any extended stems yet. I've used the stock straight stem and the bent turbo shorty from PVHES line of stems. Folks have a different tolerance to harshness and heat. Some are going higher.

I do about a 30 second heat soak after I get to my desired temperature.

Last edited:

wwl

The 385 degrees for me was the stock stem from Arizer. I haven't used any extended stems yet. I've used the stock straight stem and the bent turbo shorty from PVHES line of stems. Folks have a different tolerance to harshness and heat. Some folks are going higher.

I do about a 30 second heat soak after I get to my desired temperature.
do you typically do a heat soak after each draw?

CarolKing

do you typically do a heat soak after each draw?
I just do a heat soak when the unit is turned on after the unit has heated up. I leave the stem in the Solo for about 30 seconds before I take the first draw. No need for a heat soak between draws. Keep the stem in the unit until your session is over. You can tailor your session to fit your needs with temp and vaporizing time.

Last edited:

wwl

I just do a heat soak when the unit is turned on after the unit has heated up. I leave the stem in the Solo for about 30 seconds before I take the first draw. No need for a heat soak between draws. Keep the stem in the unit until your session is over. You can tailor your session to fit your needs with temp and vaporizing time.
but the stem is in the unit while reaching temp? or you insert after

wwl,

rotero

Do the bent stems cut down on harshness? I love the vape, but it can get a little scratchy with the stick straight stems.

Are the turbo stems worth it? Would hate to get a turbo bent stem to cut down harshness only to have the increased vapor production cancel out the benefits of the bent stems.

And finally, any black bent stems? :)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Glad to see @stickstones on the Solo 2 train.

The pleasure is all mine!

Do the bent stems cut down on harshness? I love the vape, but it can get a little scratchy with the stick straight stems.

Are the turbo stems worth it? Would hate to get a turbo bent stem to cut down harshness only to have the increased vapor production cancel out the benefits of the bent stems.

And finally, any black bent stems? :)

The word is bent stems do cool a little more due to more glass contact, I guess. I'm looking forward to testing it out myself.

I love the Turbo stem, but another member here wasn't getting good hits off it, so I think the answer is it's a personal thing. Especially when it comes to harshness...that is an individual tolerance, and I'm on the sensitive side of average.

I've never seen a colored stem for anything come from Arizer. Maybe a 3rd party mod somewhere I've never seen, though...

OF

I don't think it helps, although it's kind of subjective? As a clue, there's no apparent added buildup of condensate at the bend which you'd expect? The path is roughly the same length and the walls have the same basic area.

I'm not sure turbo stems are the answer, CK can say better than I, but I can say they produce less, not more, vapor at the same heat settings. And while you can easily get more volume, it will be more dilute. The same basic results can happen if you leak a bit of air into your mouth next to the stem.

If you're trying to avoid harsh, lots of extra heated air isn't going to help. Think longer stems, perhaps adding moisture with a damp pipe cleaner or bit of cotton cloth as has been discussed on Solo and Air threads (hot, very dry air is a throat killer). Adding moisture back can really help.

The ultimate solution is, of course, a WT. IMO you should have that in place as a fall back if this is going to be an ongoing issue. A WTA and Hydrotube makes a nice solution IMO. Easy, cheap and effective. Just don't blow the water into your Solo......

And don't let your friends do it, either. We've had examples of both, they were not pretty.

OF

OF

Gentle Friends,

I've got a small bubbler suggestion for your consideration. In the past we had "the Infamous Bubbler", a small WT. Low in cost, solid in quality, easy to use, and effective. So, of course, it's no longer available (the company that imported them is gone). As an available replacement for new Solo II owners exploring the area I suggest this from our friends at DHGate:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/dab-rig-mini-beaker-recycler-glass-bong-hand/383703762.html

This is for the nail guys, so remove the top and you have a male 14mm GonG fitting. At the same time (if you need to) order a F/F adapter (14mm on one end to match the bubbler and whatever is necessary to match your Solo WPA, which most are getting bundled with their units?):
http://www.dhgate.com/product/glass-bong-adapter-14-4-18-8-male-to-female/265108940.html

$20 and you're good to go with a tiny little bubbler that's effective way past it's size. It's a so called 'recycler'. Check out the photos. Vapor bubbles through the water in the big chamber then exits up the slated tube to the middle of the smaller chamber above it. This can (and sometimes does) mean water gets pulled along in hard hits. Not to worry, the second chamber is a water/vapor separator. Vapor is drawn up and out, water drops down and moves back to the main chamber through the passage at the bottom. Suck away, no backwash.

You can balance the lot (WT, adapter, other adapter and Solo) on the deck if you want. And are brave. I suspect @ataxian would consider glass breaks from this to be not legitimate......staged and all?

For your consideration.

OF

biohacker

Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved, especially when the quoted text violates forum rules by calling members trolls and clowns.
Fuck burnoffs...a lot of people do them wrong. They should only be done long enough to burn off any residual oils left behind during assembly. Anything more than that has the potential to overheat the vape since it was designed to have us cool it off during the session with our draws, and this doesn't happen during a burnoff. Then it gets hotter than designed and we notice other smells that wouldn't be there if it weren't running too hot from the burnoff.

With that rationale you're saying that using the included aromatherapy bowl on max temp for more than one cycle has the potential to overheat the vape? What about desktop units like the EQ that have the same dirty airpath through the electronics? :shrug:

Just received this PM I wanted to share (because this thread is creating a stir on other forums), i'll let the author identify himself if he wants to, but for now will leave it as is:

Hi biohacker,
Well what a surprise that the Solo II airpath is not as pure as it could have been!
It has also now turned me off the unit.
Ok it might be sort of deemed safe, but how is that going to taste after time. Like the rear of a TV or an old battery charger/mothballs smell! And if a fault does occur you inhale the results.

The crazy thing is, how easy it would have been to avoid! Even with plastic/metal pipe to the rear vent or baffles or something.

I now think that most of the metallic or other tastes I got in OG Solo were from this drawing air across the circuits and solder/wiring, maybe some from the SS bowl or aluminium shell top.
Now it's still one of my good tasting vapes due to short glass airpath with temp control, but those other "inner" extraneous tastes/fumes/smells I would prefer to be without!
Am now really dreaming about how good some vapes might taste like maybe Cloud evo, and even the psychological benefit of it too, or I should look into this Supreme maybe someday.

It seems the clowns did not manage to troll you in the thread. They might foolishly jeer, but they do not realize it will be people like you and OF that will greatly improve overall standards by investigating and openly showing dislike for vape systems and ideas which should no longer even exist in these times!
Can you imagine how great things would be if every portable maker was already forced/shamed into using fully inert bowls, air paths and user friendly designs.
I know it's happening slowly, but you can see why when there even seems to be some resistance to change and improvement!

Also, there are many vapes that can be left always on, and I do as many burn offs in a vape as I think or want. I don't see why we couldn't do as many as we like except for poorly designed hand burners like davinci IQ.
But I believe the Solo should certainly have been designed like this as a rugged heater, to operate on full 4 times in a row or more, as the heater is above the battery and circuits.
And I used my Solo just like this lately with the aroma cup, without drawing anything through.
It got warm, but there should be no damage from that.
I just don't feel like arguing with clowns also!
And what is it with this fear of their fave vape company losing money or sales? Or is it because they backed this horse?
What would be so wrong if Arizer admitted some stupidity, recalled the Solo IIs and fitted a new air channel to the bottom of the bowl inside to improve taste, their poor little fave vape company might lose money or go broke? yeah right.
I think the best treatment for those trolls is to let them sit for weeks/months and try convince themselves that the best air path for a vape, is across circuit boards, solder and countless operating components!

One thing is for sure, future Arizer vapes will have isolated airpath and we will only have you and OF to thank for it!
Either that or they'll have locking screws and encased everything to stop OF taking pictures lol!

rotero

The following was written on Reddit. Any truth to it?

"The airpath much like the Extreme-q is routed through the PCB, solder, and plastic wire steathing that gets warm and offgasses right into your lungs! Still suffering a headache and sore throat, and I did the recommended burn off cycles and then some. Arizer says it's safe (of course!) but the air intake not only comes from the side port, but also through the battery charger port and the display/screen! Gross, and good luck to you if something happens in the pcb and you happen to be on the receiving end. I'm sticking to isolated clean airpaths from the Crafty and Mighty which are superior IMO, Be safe! And smart."

rotero,
Reactions: Receptor

stickstones

Vapor concierge
With that rationale you're saying that using the included aromatherapy bowl on max temp for more than one cycle has the potential to overheat the vape?

Who uses that thing? imo, it's a leftover from when we had to prove vapes were for aromatherapy and doesn't work well at all. I tested it on the Q recently and could barely get any scent from it. I've only had a couple of vapes that had an aromatherapy mode worth a shit, and the 7th Floor vapes are the only ones I actually use.

I have no intention in digging deep into discussions about smells and air paths. I don't have as keen a sense of smell as many of the members here and will leave that discussion to them. And I've already stated that electronics in the unheated air path don't bother me personally. As to burn offs, I'm still convinced most of us don't know what we are doing, me included. I'm only just beginning to scratch the surface of that one. But I've talked to enough manufacturers who have legit concerns about them to know that we vaporists don't have it fully figured out yet. At the end of the day it's about what people feel comfortable with on an individual basis.

On a side note, you seem a little sensitive lately. Maybe I'm reading into it, but I miss when we used to vape and talk this shit out! When's your t-break gonna be over?

biohacker

Who uses that thing? imo, it's a leftover from when we had to prove vapes were for aromatherapy and doesn't work well at all. I tested it on the Q recently and could barely get any scent from it. I've only had a couple of vapes that had an aromatherapy mode worth a shit, and the 7th Floor vapes are the only ones I actually use.

That's what I thought! Maybe you've missed those posts recently, but I agree that the aromatherapy cup doesn't work well with the Solo, but i've posted about it and apparently some members do use it with oils/water and potporri. But that wasn't my point really, the point was that using the Solo II without drawing on it shouldn't really "overheat" it. Just like desktop units don't overheat that are designed to stay on. The EQ bowl for potpourri works really well, I used it for years, and the e-nano works amazing as well, with its native potpourri accessory bowl OR the Solo potpourri bowl. I use essential oil+water.

As to burn offs, I'm still convinced most of us don't know what we are doing, me included. I'm only just beginning to scratch the surface of that one. But I've talked to enough manufacturers who have legit concerns about them to know that we vaporists don't have it fully figured out yet. At the end of the day it's about what people feel comfortable with on an individual basis.

I think we're overthinking this a little too much, and it's not as big of a deal as some have made it out to be. My point was that there WAS an odour/taste, that is masked by herb, but some took it to another level. And then all sorts of assumptions were made.

On a side note, you seem a little sensitive lately. Maybe I'm reading into it, but I miss when we used to vape and talk this shit out! When's your t-break gonna be over?

You're reading to much into it, please read the text post above, I just stated my opinions, but people love to attack me and my thoughts here. Why can't we talk this shit out? :shrug: It's not a t-break, and it's completely irrelevant whether I vape or not? It's just nice to discuss a vape without it turning into a massive circle jerk and getting on different sides, just because people disagree or are upside with truths being unfolded.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
That's what I thought! Maybe you've missed those posts recently, but I agree that the aromatherapy cup doesn't work well with the Solo, but i've posted about it and apparently some members do use it with oils/water and potporri. But that wasn't my point really, the point was that using the Solo II without drawing on it shouldn't really "overheat" it. Just like desktop units don't overheat that are designed to stay on. The EQ bowl for potpourri works really well, I used it for years, and the e-nano works amazing as well, with its native potpourri accessory bowl OR the Solo potpourri bowl. I use essential oil+water.

I think we're overthinking this a little too much, and it's not as big of a deal as some have made it out to be. My point was that there WAS an odour/taste, that is masked by herb, but some took it to another level. And then all sorts of assumptions were made.

You're reading to much into it, please read the text post above, I just stated my opinions, but people love to attack me and my thoughts here. Why can't we talk this shit out? :shrug: It's not a t-break, and it's completely irrelevant whether I vape or not? It's just nice to discuss a vape without it turning into a massive circle jerk and getting on different sides, just because people disagree or are upside with truths being unfolded.
:lmao:

The pot pourri bowl does not work.:disgust:The airpath is safe, not dirty (whatever that means):shrug: This vape is a champ.:tup: These are the facts of the case, and they are undisputed.:D I heard about that other thread, maybe they haven't heard these valid points? :brow: You should go tell them.:tup:
Edit dam I gotta stop talking to myself like this:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom