Arizer Solo II

SoDelicious

Salted Caramel Ice Cream
haha, did you read my last post in the Mighty thread? :brow: Solo II all the way!!! :rockon: Also faster heatup, better flavour, no plastic parts, and way better reliability and most importantly customer service!

I'm selling my two crafty's because of the Solo II!

Yeah, I just read it :lol: thanks for your honest feedback though!

I was stuck between the two but honestly I think the solo is better for my needs (a portable that can stretch out a bowl for around 10-20 minutes.

My desktops will be for those quick 1 hit extractions :p

OF

I ran the same strain through both vapes at the same temp and for the same amount of time and I and both of my housemates noticed a discernable difference. The room smelled of weed after using the AAir but not after my OG Solo. Maybe the newer AAir is just more efficient?

Thanks, I don't doubt it happened, I'm just trying to figure out why? I tend to be a logical kinda guy, and I find no logical difference between the oven assemblies that could account for this. Even if one or the other was otherwise defective??

And the point that hundreds of other owners/users haven't brought it up makes me think a design difference is in play somehow. Mine (several Solos and several Airs and maybe a dozen stems?) smell basically the same, mildly of the stain in use.

I'm just a troubleshooter at heart I guess, this has to have an explanation....wonder what it is.....

After lots of reading on the mighty and the solo I think I will be purchasing the solo 2.

I micro dose (around 0.05-0.025) per bowl and from what I have read so far the Solo 2 is better than the mighty for micro dosing.

I know you asked 'Mighty or Solo', but allow me to change it a bit to 'best vape for micro dosing'?

While I don't have a Mighty, so can't directly answer, I do have a Solo or two and some modest experiences with smaller loads (using the 'Sinclue Screen'), but they're on the order of 125 mg. Less than that has contact, heating issues. I use a 'reduced volume' rather than partial fill technique as I think most do.

The current micro dosing champ for me is the DC Gen 2 herb cart (about $25 with FC discount):
http://ineedhemp.com/product/generation-2-dc-ceramic-rebuildable-dry-herb-atomizer/

It has a tall, skinny chamber so reduced loads can still be lightly packed and work just like normal.....only less so. Heat up is sub 20 seconds, vapor starts at about 10 seconds as the heater makes 400F or whatever you set it for. You'll need an appropriate ('TCR capable) 'mod' to run it, say $35? And maybe another ten if you get a mod that needs one you don't have. Under $100 total, 'all glass (glazed ceramic) construction, lots of control and flexibility. Happy to make vapor out of whatever you put inside...... And cheap. I like cheap, too.

OF

AJS

Calm Consistency
After lots of reading on the mighty and the solo I think I will be purchasing the solo 2.

I micro dose (around 0.05-0.025) per bowl and from what I have read so far the Solo 2 is better than the mighty for micro dosing.

Just wanted to get some feedback on what others think would be a good choice between the mighty or solo 2 for micro dosing?

I will mainly be using my portable at home on the couch and walking my dog so im not really worried about stealth (more worried about the amount I will vape daily)

I can get some huge rips off tiny amounts especially with a dome basket. Haven't tried the mighty before. Just know if you want big rips through water or to chill on a session stem, big loads or micro ... solo 2 will be more than needed. Check my recent post on here where I linked my Instagram vid ... that was with a dome bowl of probably .07 and not even full power.

Edit: @OF @Smokey McVape was just thinking yesterday how during heatup my solo 2 doesn't give off that super dank pungent smell the Air did. I chalk it up to being the rate of heat. Maybe the slow roast boils terps more than the quick heatup. Total speculation, just 2 pennies.

Last edited:

BigJr48

Thanks, I don't doubt it happened, I'm just trying to figure out why? I tend to be a logical kinda guy, and I find no logical difference between the oven assemblies that could account for this. Even if one or the other was otherwise defective??

And the point that hundreds of other owners/users haven't brought it up makes me think a design difference is in play somehow. Mine (several Solos and several Airs and maybe a dozen stems?) smell basically the same, mildly of the stain in use.

I'm just a troubleshooter at heart I guess, this has to have an explanation....wonder what it is.....

I know you asked 'Mighty or Solo', but allow me to change it a bit to 'best vape for micro dosing'?

While I don't have a Mighty, so can't directly answer, I do have a Solo or two and some modest experiences with smaller loads (using the 'Sinclue Screen'), but they're on the order of 125 mg. Less than that has contact, heating issues. I use a 'reduced volume' rather than partial fill technique as I think most do.

The current micro dosing champ for me is the DC Gen 2 herb cart (about $25 with FC discount):
http://ineedhemp.com/product/generation-2-dc-ceramic-rebuildable-dry-herb-atomizer/

It has a tall, skinny chamber so reduced loads can still be lightly packed and work just like normal.....only less so. Heat up is sub 20 seconds, vapor starts at about 10 seconds as the heater makes 400F or whatever you set it for. You'll need an appropriate ('TCR capable) 'mod' to run it, say $35? And maybe another ten if you get a mod that needs one you don't have. Under $100 total, 'all glass (glazed ceramic) construction, lots of control and flexibility. Happy to make vapor out of whatever you put inside...... And cheap. I like cheap, too.

OF

What's the best box mod for the DC Gen 2???

BigJr48,
Reactions: OF

exime

Hey ya'll! I have the OG Solo! Does the Solo II improve on limited draw restriction? Does the glass straw still wobble around and feel like it's about to fall out?

exime,
Reactions: BigJr48

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey ya'll! I have the OG Solo! Does the Solo II improve on limited draw restriction? Does the glass straw still wobble around and feel like it's about to fall out?
Much better draw. Better than Grasshopper when you slide it out a tiny bit.

Slight wobble but not like it's going to fall out. Can't swing it around by the stem but if you tip it over it won't be even close to succumbing to gravitys destruction.

TDB

I haven't noticed much if any change in the draw restriction but I believe there are several things that can alter the restriction in both vapes.

My Solo and Air were, in my opinion, way too tight for the stems in the beginning but after a couple months they became too loose and not only began to wobble but could also cause the stems too fall out. My Solo II is still too tight, way more than the Solo was in the beginning, despite having went through about 100 sessions. However, stems on my Solo II will occasionally have minor wobbling begin to emerge. I am really leaning towards believing that the Solo II will also reach a point where the stems begin to wobble too much and begin to fall out just like they have for my other Arizer portables. This concerns me because it does not appear as though adding the common Orange O-rings (see below) to the Solo II will be an option to fix the stem wobbling that many of us have had to do for both Air and Solo.

I use 2 big Orange O-rings (left) for the Air and 1 small Orange O-ring (right) for the Solo. In my experience, these Orange O-rings make the Arizer stems fit perfectly in Air and Solo. If my beliefs about the Solo II do emerge I sure hope someone will find a way to fix the issue without making a warranty claim.

Last edited:
TDB,
Reactions: exime

OF

What's the best box mod for the DC Gen 2???

Depends on what you want. Many popular ones discussed in the thread. You get choices of a couple of lines ('makers') with options from dinky self contained batteries to klunkers that hold 3 18650s for those with issues. I'm currently on a tiny kick (pun intended....), so small size and short battery life has me liking the Evic Basic. It will only do 2 or 3 loads on a charge, so I usually use the larger Mini or it's competitor, Pico since you can swap in 18650s.

That's my opinion of what might be best. Right now.

Maybe.

OF

BigJr48

Depends on what you want. Many popular ones discussed in the thread. You get choices of a couple of lines ('makers') with options from dinky self contained batteries to klunkers that hold 3 18650s for those with issues. I'm currently on a tiny kick (pun intended....), so small size and short battery life has me liking the Evic Basic. It will only do 2 or 3 loads on a charge, so I usually use the larger Mini or it's competitor, Pico since you can swap in 18650s.

That's my opinion of what might be best. Right now.

Maybe.

OF

I was looking at the Sigelei Mini Book, it's 40w but I don't know if it has the TCR feature that Divine Tribe recommends.

BigJr48,
Reactions: OF

OF

I was looking at the Sigelei Mini Book, it's 40w but I don't know if it has the TCR feature that Divine Tribe recommends.

You should check there first. IIRC there was some issue with that one (name 'sounds familiar'), either dropping out of TC mode or bad compensation??

For some reason it's not one of the ones currently used by 'the smart money'.

OF

OF,
Reactions: BigJr48

AJS

Calm Consistency
For those of you concerned the stems will be too loose.
aw19dbO.jpg

TDB

For those of you concerned the stems will be too loose.
aw19dbO.jpg

My Solo II is still ridicuously too tight. Sometimes it can literally take me about 10 minutes to put the stems in or pull them out regardless of the temp or stem I chose. This is still happening despite having had about 100 sesssions. Some members think I am just crazy (perhaps hahah) so here is a poor video to demonstrate a bit of the tightness. I will try to get another video up tonight that will demonstrate me shoving/tugging on a stem without it budging as well as an occasional wobble.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
My Solo II is still ridicuously too tight. Sometimes it can literally take me about 10 minutes to put the stems in or pull them out regardless of the temp or stem I chose. This is still happening despite having had about 100 sesssions. Some members think I am just crazy (perhaps hahah) so I think I will make a video tonight to demonstrate the tightness and how I occasionally get slight wobbling.
My GonG is super tight and yours sounds tighter than that so I totally feel ya. Maybe it's ur stems? If not call Arizer if there's a problem.

TDB

My GonG is super tight and yours sounds tighter than that so I totally feel ya. Maybe it's ur stems? If not call Arizer if there's a problem.

Several pages ago I previously reported the tightness of my Solo II being too tight along with my SN being "pre-wiped" hahah. Arizer said the problem would be covered by warranty but I still enjoy using Solo II and didn't want to send it back.... Yet! With my stems starting to occasionally wobble lightly I am going to hold off on returning the Solo II to see if the tightness will reduce too much.

Last edited:

Stormsend

I finally got a chance to use my Solo 2. I already had a Mighty vape but was not in love with it mainly because I thought it used up too much material. Also using the dosing capsules, I was never able to micro dose.

On the Solo 2. It feels great in hand and it isn't small but it's small enough for me. I went from the Pax 2 to the Mighty now to Solo 2. It can easily fit in your pocket but I'm used to having a big portable fyi.

It does heat up a lot quicker than the mighty, also starting at 350F, I was able to get a lot of clouds with about 6 pulls. The bud is still greenish. With the mighty I would have maybe 3-4 pulls left at a higher temp, but this seems I can have about another 10-12 pulls at higher temps. Draw resistance is so-so, the mighty beats it here. Also I had to use the screen because I kept getting trees in my mouth.

Anyway as much as I loved the Mighty, I didn't like how quickly my material was over. I vape for Stealth and to save money, and with the mighty I was buying a lot more than I usually do.

subway13029

haha, did you read my last post in the Mighty thread? :brow: Solo II all the way!!! :rockon: Also faster heatup, better flavour, no plastic parts, and way better reliability and most importantly customer service!

I'm selling my two crafty's because of the Solo II!

Don't usually quote myself, but what the heck, even though I know you've read the post:

The GonG is a huge thing IMO. No muzzmods or silicone adapter bullshit required!

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Arizer nailed it! :nod:
With all due respect from your post you haven't tried the solo 2 yet so to say the mighty doesn't taste as good to someone asking between the 2 which to buy? I know your excited about the solo but your very excited without using it yet? Granted I'm sure it's a beast and all that because it's predecessor was good but it's all subjective..

biohacker

With all due respect from your post you haven't tried the solo 2 yet so to say the mighty doesn't taste as good to someone asking between the 2 which to buy? I know your excited about the solo but your very excited without using it yet? Granted I'm sure it's a beast and all that because it's predecessor was good but it's all subjective..

What's the difference with the Solo II and its predecessor with respect to actual usage and vapour? It has better airflow, and a cleaner airpath with a stronger heater. And there is glass between the bowl and herb. The Mighty direct loaded I can taste the pyrolysis on the very first hit at higher temps, and the CU leaves much to be desired after only one use. Open up the CU and take a whiff, smells like shit. I've used the Solo, just not with actual cannabis, and i'm just stating my opinion so I feel that I can express my excitement and thoughts on it all I want? Everything is subjective innit? The Solo II exceeds the Mighty in other areas as well, like thicker denser vapour, a higher ceiling temperature, faster heatup, more durable, and alot less expensive. There is a reason I just sold a Crafty this morning, and another on its way to the classifieds, yet I will keep my Solo II. Check the post above youPS. Sorry that I sold the Inhalater 6s, I really knew you wouldn't buy it anyway, and i'm not interested in your supreme ti adapter anymore either, not that you would have sold it to me anyway. Cheers!

subway13029

Why are you bringing up the inhalator and the adapter to supreme?? Because I disagreed with your post?? Wow...and btw no proof that solo produces thicker denser vapor than mighty!! Take that to the bank!!and more durable?? It just came out?? And has glass stems?? This isn't the og solo so we have no proof how long it will last..and I can go thru mighty thread where you were all over the mighty as well!! Loving it..

Stormsend

How long do you usually wait to put the stem cap back on? If I vape at 400F, I'm afraid I will melt the glass if I put it on immediately.

biohacker

Why are you bringing up the inhalator and the adapter to supreme?? Because I disagreed with your post?? Wow...and btw no proof that solo produces thicker denser vapor than mighty!! Take that to the bank!!and more durable?? It just came out?? And has glass stems?? This isn't the og solo so we have no proof how long it will last..and I can go thru mighty thread where you were all over the mighty as well!! Loving it..

Dude, I was just adding a note to you, since your thread died and you didn't get back to me like you said you would. I've pm'ed you so many times in the past and you ignored, so what's the big deal?

The Solo (I or II) definitely produces denser vapour than the Mighty. The Mighty is more convection and the Solo is more conduction. There is no comparison. The Mighty cannot milk the same, not even close. I have vids up of both on my youtube channel if you're interested in a gander. Take what to the bank? The durability isn't even close, who cares if it just came out. Drop the Mighty drop the solo (I or II) and see what happens. Sure the stem is glass but they are only a few bucks a pop, and most people don't travel with the stems actually in the Solo. Pretty sure the Solo doesn't have a moisture strip in it either, but who knows? Maybe!

Who cares if I was all over the Mighty? I still am? This isn't a contest dude. This isn't a fanboy vs hater game. They are both great vapes no doubt. I just think the Solo II is better for me, and many others for the price difference. It's much more portable too IMO. Relax man, I realize you lost all of your vapes, but you don't need to come at me, and your first post was pretty irrelevant IMO. I was just trying to help a brother out, and fortunately he appreciated it and didn't grill me about it like you. PS. Are you interested in my Crafty? :brow: J/k. :peace:

Last edited:
Top Bottom