• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo II

AJS

Calm Consistency
I don't even own a solo 2 so I guess my opinion is not valid in here...so I'm telling myself to kick rocks..
I kicked rocks for years as my main source of entertainment ... hit me up for a game of kickrock!
I haven't tried a Mighty but I imagine it would rock my world. Really tempting. If the solo 2 wasn't so cheap on 420 I would probably have something else by now like the IQ. Good timing.

BigJr48

I kicked rocks for years as my main source of entertainment ... hit me up for a game of kickrock!
I haven't tried a Mighty but I imagine it would rock my world. Really tempting. If the solo 2 wasn't so cheap on 420 I would probably have something else by now like the IQ. Good timing.

I painted rocks for years......

biohacker

I don't even own a solo 2 so I guess my opinion is not valid in here...so I'm telling myself to kick rocks..

Oh common man, you don't need to own a Solo 2 to not have a valid opinion... don't be like that! :shrug:

What's the best vape case for this? I got the Cobalt blue and I'd hate for it to get scratched up.

The one Arizer included? :hmm:

TDB

Honestly ... I pop my cap right away. That may be wrong though. Check the manual to be sure?

Putting the caps on stems that just finished a max temp session is just fine. Below is a quote directly from Arizer's website:

"Silicone Stem Caps for pre-loading Glass Aroma Tubes, and / or protecting pockets, purses, and surfaces from hot glass.

Made with high quality, food / medical grade, heat-rated silicone."

https://arizer.com/product/stem-cap-pack/

Last edited:

OF

How long do you usually wait to put the stem cap back on? If I vape at 400F, I'm afraid I will melt the glass if I put it on immediately.

"It depends".....doesn't it always? Normal vinyl caps are out, but there are (harder) high temperature ones that are suitable. I use these:
https://www.mcmaster.com/#vinyl-caps/=17sc7ri

Honestly ... I pop my cap right away.

Yeah, I heard about that......

Fun aside for a moment, material is the key. Get some duty rated rubber and you're good. But there are real risks from random materials, even when they seem the same. Best to avoid the risk, which is a good rule in general. Avoid the ones you can?

You're absolutely right, check to be sure. Now back to the fun part.....

Edit: I forgot, since the high temperature caps are harder they work better cut to half depth. This is what it looks like on an Air stem:
WgOYSb5.jpg

The higher lip also helps getting it off when the time comes, something to catch with your thumbnail. Below it is the way I cap the MP end. A normal (soft) cap with a 'liner' of Silicone tube a bit longer than the cap is deep. Grips very well, the combination keeps in the smell or keeps it from drying out in storage depending on your perspective. But 2 caps, one HT and cut back the other soft and lined with tube that distorts and seals on the MP and it's water tight and ready to go any way you care to. Including snapping the cap on a fresh out of the vape and way to hot to consider touching and pop it into your pocket between heartbeats with a bit of practice. The cap actually makes it safer to handle.

OF

Smokey McVape

With all due respect from your post you haven't tried the solo 2 yet so to say the mighty doesn't taste as good to someone asking between the 2 which to buy? I know your excited about the solo but your very excited without using it yet? Granted I'm sure it's a beast and all that because it's predecessor was good but it's all subjective..
I have tried both and can confirm that the Solo is miles ahead on the flavor front, however I would have said the same even if I hadn't tried them out because I have NEVER found a plastic vape that tastes as good as one utilizing an all glass pathway and I doubt I ever will

biohacker

I have tried both and can confirm that the Solo is miles ahead on the flavor front, however I would have said the same even if I hadn't tried them out because I have NEVER found a plastic vape that tastes as good as one utilizing an all glass pathway and I doubt I ever will

Thanks for giving me hope in humanity bro! Respect. :rockon:

Especially, when all I was doing was giving another brother my opinion to help him make his decision. :doh: And I'M the asshole? :lmao:

I could not agree with you more. Even though the Mighty is an absolute kick ass vape, as soon as you use it once, that cooling unit affects flavour big time IMO.

Cheers! :tup:

With all due respect from your post you haven't tried the solo 2 yet so to say the mighty doesn't taste as good to someone asking between the 2 which to buy? I know your excited about the solo but your very excited without using it yet? Granted I'm sure it's a beast and all that because it's predecessor was good but it's all subjective..
lol:clap:

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg

Agree 100%, The Solo 2 tastes way better in my opinion. I put the mighty into retirement after getting the Solo 2.

the CU leaves much to be desired after only one use. Open up the CU and take a whiff, smells like shit.

I hated having to clean those cooling units or swapping them out every other day.

The Solo (I or II) definitely produces denser vapour than the Mighty. The Mighty is more convection and the Solo is more conduction. There is no comparison. The Mighty cannot milk the same, not even close.

Again, I Agree

Drop the Mighty drop the solo (I or II) and see what happens. Sure the stem is glass but they are only a few bucks a pop, and most people don't travel with the stems actually in the Solo.

Yup, my mighty dropped 6 inches from my hand to my desk causing the plastic housing around the heating chamber to chip (where the cooling unit and heating chamber screw together). no plastic on the solo 2!!

biohacker

Thanks @tonuzzi, appreciate that there are more intelligent members like you on this forum that once again give me hope in humanity! So lame to see the cliques on this forum being more immature than high school. Too bad people can't grow up and just discuss vapes without any bias and constantly trying to attack.

Once again, outstanding job Arizer! :tup:

subway13029

first off dont insult my intelligence mr biohacker..im glad you have restored hope in humanity..what a joke...way to take a vape opinion and turn into a competition like because you have members in the solo thread agreeing?? of course they are..but dont insult my vape knowledge because i have different opinion and dont prefer a glass stem??

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Usually the original Solo thread is very harmonious. I hope this thread can have as good a reputation without angery posts. Our members usually are respectful of others. I come on the forum for info and fun.

Don't let others get you riled up. Ignore folks that get you angry.

Last edited:

biohacker

first off dont insult my intelligence mr biohacker..im glad you have restored hope in humanity..what a joke...way to take a vape opinion and turn into a competition like because you have members in the solo thread agreeing?? of course they are..but dont insult my vape knowledge because i have different opinion and dont prefer a glass stem??

:rofl:With all due respect.

You shouldn't jump and ASSume that i've never used the Solo II. Or assume I'm even talking about you.

Have a nice day! :tup:

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
appreciate that there are more intelligent members like you on this forum that once again give me hope in humanity! So lame to see the cliques on this forum being more immature than high school. Too bad people can't grow up and just discuss vapes without any bias and constantly trying to attack.
@biohacker the insinuations in this post are rather offensive and not acceptable here on FC. If we want to have a civilized discussion about vaporizers then we should avoid making these types of inferences. Please don't comment on other members' motives or posting styles and keep the discussion about the Solo II without the side commentary.

Thank you.

:peace:

OF

Thanks, just placed order.

Cool. You're welcome, of course. I'm sure you'll appreciate them once you play with them a bit. I experimented a bit, they (cut back) were definitely the best I came up with. I lost some early on (still stumble on them from time to time), having a bag full came in mighty handy for a while.

It's also great 'Ataxian talisman' when it comes to protecting dropped stems. Since I took to capping them I haven't chipped any more dropping them on the concrete patio......something that seems to happen after a session in the garden from time to time.....

A good way to be a hero to friends with Solo/Air as well.

Enjoy your Solo II, it comes from a good family.

OF

AJS

Calm Consistency
Usually the original Solo thread is very harmonious. I hope this thread can have as good a reputation without angery posts. Our members usually are respectful of others. I come on the forum for info and fun.

Don't let others get you riled up. Ignore folks that get you angry.
:):clap::tup:
Let my crew try my Solo 2 yesterday and was a huge hit (no pun intended). Between us we've got the LSV, GH x2, Solo 2, M, Pax 2, Milaana, and more ... tons of fun glass choices like J Hooks and Hammer bubbs, and the Solo 2 held up with the best of em. Worked phenomenally with back to back to back seshes nonstop throughout the night on any temp. Battery barely went down ...

I loaded up my friend a dome bowl GonG and threw it on the Hammer Bubbler, put it to 410 and let him rip as long as he wanted. He finished the entire bowl in 1 hit. Literally killed the entire thing to a dark brown. 1 hit KOs are possible.

BigJr48

Cool. You're welcome, of course. I'm sure you'll appreciate them once you play with them a bit. I experimented a bit, they (cut back) were definitely the best I came up with. I lost some early on (still stumble on them from time to time), having a bag full came in mighty handy for a while.

It's also great 'Ataxian talisman' when it comes to protecting dropped stems. Since I took to capping them I haven't chipped any more dropping them on the concrete patio......something that seems to happen after a session in the garden from time to time.....

A good way to be a hero to friends with Solo/Air as well.

Enjoy your Solo II, it comes from a good family.

OF

They will help protect my 8 stems that I've bought throughout the years.

Top Bottom