Arizer Solo II

Tranquility

I suspect that has been done, probably many times, with no results found worth reporting.
I would suspect the opposite if the premise is true (That it has been done many times.). Who would do such a test? If the manufacturer, they don't have any motive to report bad results. If some safety commission, they have a motive to report bad results; but, unless they are some high-money anti-vape safety commission, they would report good results too.

So, either it is a manufacturer who would report a clean test or someone else who would report either result. That seems to indicate that if there have been a number of tests, if they were clean, we would have heard of them.

Tranquility,
Reactions: OF

OF

I would suspect the opposite if the premise is true (That it has been done many times.). Who would do such a test?

In a word, "competitors". I know of at least one that paid for lab tests on competitors oil carts to prove their's was safer since they didn't use glass fibers.....only no fibers could be found. So they shut up quietly. They still touted 'we don't use glass fibers' of course, but didn't point fingers. Had they found evidence, I've no doubt they would not have kept quiet about it, do you?

Any vape maker that went to the extra expense to isolate their air path (as result of popular 'demand' from the customers) would love to provide documentation of the danger of a competitor.....if they could prove it. Otherwise they'd be sucking around for a law suit?

I also think if you could show any danger, Government Research money would follow. Look at the silly stuff we fund now.

OTOH, makers that have tested their gear, like HR and DT, proudly post results showing their products are problem free in this respect. Not really the same as 'some are dangerous', but along those lines?

OF

-wHw-

Hello all,

I am a long-time smoker (~20 years) who is brand new to vaporizers. After much research, I decided on the Solo II for my first device. I also got an OG Air for free. The package came yesterday and I got the Solo II unboxed and was naturally excited for my first session. I’ve read that 375 is a good starting point so I set it to that and loaded the mouthpiece while it heated up.

The first two draws were great... smooth, very flavorful. Just like I had hoped for and just like everyone had told me it was. The problem is that every draw since then (about 4 more sessions worth) has tasted absolutely awful. I don’t even know how to describe it... kind of plasticky, I guess? I have tried multiple strains through both mouthpieces and the taste will not go away.

I don’t know much about vaporizers but I know this can’t be right. This can’t be the experience everyone raves about. As far as the effects, there was no problem there. But the taste and the smell have been almost unbearable and I have admittedly been disappointed so far. I was hoping to keep the OG Air sealed in the package for possible resale purposes, but I’m considering opening it and trying it out for comparison.

Any thoughts? Again, I am brand new to this, so all advice is welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

djurodjakovic

you cleaned the chamber?
I would recommend alcohol with cue-tips. don't get too much alcohol in the holes inside the chamber; do it with unit turned with chamber facing down so that any potential liquid goes out!
did you do 1 or 2 burn offs before using?

I usually start at 150C and go up by 5C every 1-2 puffs, until 200C.
I did notice that taste starts to go "strange" around 190C. I don't remember being like that with my first focus vape. I might be wrong, I'll investigate.

Last edited:

Tranquility

The first two draws were great... smooth, very flavorful. Just like I had hoped for and just like everyone had told me it was. The problem is that every draw since then (about 4 more sessions worth) has tasted absolutely awful. I don’t even know how to describe it... kind of plasticky, I guess? I have tried multiple strains through both mouthpieces and the taste will not go away.
I have never had a "plasticky" taste from my Solo II. While any vape is going to have its taste go to hell after a couple of puffs, I think that is more because of the changes in the flower from the heat flowing through than from anything related to vape design in the Solo.

If you've cleaned the vape well and still get the taste, it seems something unusual is going on. If you have a friend who has a quality vape, you might try his and see if the taste is replicated and related to the vaping process itself.

OF

I use mine at 340-345 and get nothing but tasty hits. 355 will give me a good combo of flavor and vapor. If I’m using it through water, 370 is my sweet spot.

No doubt good for many. Some like to 'step up' the setting through the session, adding a few degrees every few minutes (more or less to suit). Some hardcore types bank it up to top wack (maximum temperature) and go for it, some real men do so straight, wimps use WTs but the extraction temperature is very high none the less. Some of us are lazy and find a single temperature that delivers good extraction in a consistent manner. For me that's 390F in most cases.

One of the great strengths (besides frugality and dependability) is there is no right way to use it. Grind your herb, or go intact nuglets. Or grind it really fine like for MFLB. Pack or not, use a dome screen to keep it clean and free flowing or even reduce load size. WT or not. Cure on the herb, and of course changes in temperature are all "OK", depending on the whims of the lucky fellow (or gal) holding it. No wrong way, which means it's up to the owner to try out different options to seek out 'the best' for them. Which may, or may not, please the next user?

Tough task, but that has it's own rewards in itself.

OF

vctr

I've been using solo2 for a week now and so far it has performed very well. I didn't really expect it to be this good. Lot's of power and I will definitely get a gong for my hydrotubes. So far I've enjoyd the solo most set to 200c for quick sessions. I love how easy it is to pack and empty the stem. No hard to clean parts either. Simple and functional as things should be.

GoldenBud

I've been using solo2 for a week now and so far it has performed very well. I didn't really expect it to be this good. Lot's of power and I will definitely get a gong for my hydrotubes. So far I've enjoyd the solo most set to 200c for quick sessions. I love how easy it is to pack and empty the stem. No hard to clean parts either. Simple and functional as things should be.
If you really wanna see the Solo II's power, attach it with a WPA on a bong like a D020 at 210C+, you'll be amazed. Be cautious with the coughs tho ;)

vctr

If you really wanna see the Solo II's power, attach it with a WPA on a bong like a D020 at 210C+, you'll be amazed. Be cautious with the coughs tho ;)

I did turn my stem into a makeshift adapter with a handkerchief and some tape. Tried it with my vapexhale hydratube and it was powerful indeed.

Smokey McVape

You evidently appreciate humor, "finding it hilarious" at times. Just a difference in 'sense of humor'?

This is humor, sorry if it offends you, it should not IMO.

OF
I'm not offended at all, I was v stoned after 1st proper session on my new Mighty and trying to be funny but reading it back can see why you thought I might have been upset/butt hurt!

I do, however, apologize for upsetting you. Not intended.
No apology necessary as I caused the confusion and I apologise to both you and @OF

I bought a Solo II for my parents as an Xmas gift. I had previously given them my Firefly OG, but that didn’t work well for them. Too much of a learning curve. Well, I just spoke to my mom today and she told me they are absolutely loving the Solo II! I didn’t get a chance to use it with them when I was home for the holidays, as both of them were sick with the flu. But, I’m definitely looking forward to checking it out next time I’m home. The OG Solo was my DD many years ago and I look back on it with fond memories for sure. Gotta love the simplicity and solid performance coming from these vapes!

VapeWell

I bought a Solo II for my parents as an Xmas gift. I had previously given them my Firefly OG, but that didn’t work well for them. Too much of a learning curve. Well, I just spoke to my mom today and she told me they are absolutely loving the Solo II! I didn’t get a chance to use it with them when I was home for the holidays, as both of them were sick with the flu. But, I’m definitely looking forward to checking it out next time I’m home. The OG Solo was my DD many years ago and I look back on it with fond memories for sure. Gotta love the simplicity and solid performance coming from these vapes!
I wish I had kids like you, Letter! As a further endorsement of your thoughtfulness, I’ve been loving my S2 for 6 mos. and suddenly got the much feared “Error 5” on the screen. Reached out to Arizer. Got a free shipping label and in 2 weeks got a new replacement. All for $0. What terrific customer service!
Hope your folks are enjoying their S2!
‘best,
VapeWell

OF

I wish I had kids like you, Letter!

I don't see any reason off hand why we can't adopt him, do you? Since it was your inspiration you can go first, I'm next, after that the line forms to the rear........

I hope he's got lotsa bucks, or the guys back in the line are gonna be pissed off.

Good thinking.

OF

VapeWell

I don't see any reason off hand why we can't adopt him, do you? Since it was your inspiration you can go first, I'm next, after that the line forms to the rear........

I hope he's got lotsa bucks, or the guys back in the line are gonna be pissed off.

Good thinking.

OF
Amway, or Ponzi come to mind!
Cheers

Last edited:

Alexis

Hey man, just to say, bery good on you. All you can do is educate, support, encourage along.
The main thing is that your parents are so willing and open to vaporising. Certainly we are not all as lucky in this regard when it comes to helping relatives who may benefit from the medicine but who are so programmed against it.

But your post made me laugh,because I gave my mum my Flowerpot SH, I had already bought her a vapcap OG years back plus an Omnivap assembly.

She used the Flowerpot for a bit and she did really enjoy it on occasion but it was a bit too much for her I think and she doesn't like to vaporizers at all these days.

But she absolutely adores our homemade edibles and partakes daily usually in the afternoon.
I can't use the Flowerpot myself at all so it sits idle under an armchair.

But I keep it on hand as a genuine medical device, easy and fast to use should my mum require some particular health support or stabilising. Vaporized cannabinoids can literally be a lifesaver at times you know particularly for heart conditions.

I still have interest in the Solo 2 myself, just have not gotten round to giving it a test with my strange immune responses yet, but maybe this summer. :)

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I'm not offended at all, I was v stoned after 1st proper session on my new Mighty and trying to be funny but reading it back can see why you thought I might have been upset/butt hurt!

No apology necessary as I caused the confusion and I apologise to both you and @OF
No worries, my friend. Happy we are all getting along. :)

uncanni

. I got the Solo 2 and the Air for a good price.
Anything new I should look for in the 2? I know I'll get longer battery life and quicker heat-up. But what's the skinny on the 'custom session only from Arizer"?

The Solo II is my first Arizer, and I'm totally loving it. I don't know about the custom session, except that you can put the temp exactly where you want to. I really , REALLY like this feature.

Although I find in general that it does better with ground herb, I've also had success putting small pieces in the bowl. This is a brilliantly simple vaporizer which I discovered after I spent well over $400 on Ghost MV1 and all the accoutrements it required. What a total waste of money... But I listened to some "vape experts" online without realizing that they don't tell the whole truth.

Bazinga

The only downside for me is the draw resistance. Particularly, after using the Mighty and the Splinter.

Bazinga,

OF

Yeah, I feel that too, probably Solo II is more a conduction device i think

That it is. Not a 'more of' deal, vapes are basically one or the other. Convection needs a heat source much hotter than the load to heat the air....that temperature would cause combustion by conduction? Clues are heat soak (it goes the other way with convection) and good battery life (convection is a power hog), and precision temperature setting ability (not possible with convection since the air temperature is much hotter).

There are custom stems to reduce draw resistance (Planet Vape, a long time supporter of these Forums sells them). One model has the stem 'drilled out' removing all the material between the holes, the "Turbo" version.

But it's still a conduction vape, so it can only make vapor as fast as heat can conduct in. Early on we all tried them and discovered they made it easy to 'overrun' the heater with heroic draws. Try them if you want?

Solo/Air/ArGo does a great job as designed IMO. Every vaper should own and enjoy at least one?

Regards to all.

OF

Top Bottom