Arizer Solo 3

Justpassedu

So the other night I had some pretty classic experience testing, brought the S3 over to my friends (she has minimal experience, used a few of mine, not frequent far apart mostly, she normally just smokes) and picked up a nice gram of tangiland, using the stock short stem regular size bowl, full packed medium to find grind, herb was pretty dry so that made it finer than I intended... Anyway passing back and forth at 340 which tasted quite lovely and was pretty great, temp stepped a bit to 365 where taste faded fully and I was ready to empty it, the effects were good, and she had a much easier time using it than the more convection oriented others we shared previously, as I had hoped!

Even better, we packed another one, and walked to get dinner, passing at 340 and then 354 was simply delightful in the cool sunsetting air outside... Then I could just blow out the spent load into a plant on the street sidewalk, let it cool and then store in my hoodie pocket, with the stem separate loose in the other one... I had brought it to her place in a nice medium ish size ego ecig case where it fit perfectly with the stem and XL wpa plus Rogue scoop n tamp also toothpick...

Anyway I have not had much experience like this in many years since pandemic kind of broke me and my habits in that way lol but this was such a nice reminder of how good it can be, and why I wanted to have a modern Solo in my arsenal again (even though I had tried with some other heavy hitting session devices previously and was very disappointed so sold them away) Yes there are a lot of variables, but when they line up this is almost beyond satisfying... And there is just such versatility, being able to use on demand in other situations as I had been through water etc.

Just got this beautiful glass hammerhead piece from Jeremy Smith on Instagram, and had a lovely low temp session dry at 340 and then 354 (finished at 358) for many nice puffs:
PXL-20240419-224852617.jpg
Great info man , almost like a mini review . Glad you’re enjoying it . I have mine on preorder as I missed the beta testing but had to buy one based off what you been saying. Love the old school glass also . Happy 420

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Anyway passing back and forth at 340 which tasted quite lovely and was pretty great, temp stepped a bit to 365 where taste faded fully and I was ready to empty it, the effects were good, and she had a much easier time using it than the more convection oriented others we shared previously, as I had hoped!
Been migrating from the higher temps back to the lower ones where my vape journey began. Reassuring that the Solo 3 can produce satisfying vapor at lower temps.

Have a friend that will be building me a custom padded bag for the Solo 3 while I wait for it's delivery. Could some kind soul that already has one in hand provide the Solo 3's height, width and depth measurements to get this project underway. Big thanks for any assistance.

Likely, 2024 has many more vape surprises in store for vape enthusiasts.

Pappy

shmaporist
Interesting. I've owned a half dozen Solo 2s that succumb to Error 5 failures. When Arizer became hard nosed about it, I bought a Tinymight 2 and never looked back. After loyally using Solo/2 for so many years, I found TM2 a vast improvement. What is Arizer going to call Error 5 on the Solo 3 -- Error 55? Have they fixed this flaw, yet? I have yet to meet a Solo that didn't die from it. Would've liked replaceable battery. I have a new Solo 2 I hardly use, so doubt I'll be buying another variant. Apologies for expressing my skepticism but pot makes me facetious and mischievous. :myday:

Peacockfur

now: Enano OG, solo 2 previously: Lots!
Interesting. I've owned a half dozen Solo 2s that succumb to Error 5 failures. When Arizer became hard nosed about it, I bought a Tinymight 2 and never looked back. After loyally using Solo/2 for so many years, I found TM2 a vast improvement. What is Arizer going to call Error 5 on the Solo 3 -- Error 55? Have they fixed this flaw, yet? I have yet to meet a Solo that didn't die from it. Would've liked replaceable battery. I have a new Solo 2 I hardly use, so doubt I'll be buying another variant. Apologies for expressing my skepticism but pot makes me facetious and mischievous. :myday:
This is my current issue. I have had the red light of death on atleast one of my old arizers, can't remember if it was my 1 or 2. Right now I'm back in the market as my enano is falling apart at the seams, and I'm kinda stuck between the solo 3 and tm2 for a few reasons. The solo scares me in the fact that they can be unreliable and I'm not sure how supportive arizer is with device failures, I guess the replaceable battery of the TM2 is attractive in that sense, however it kinda horrifys me that even tipping over the tiny might on my desk could break the glass around the oven... I just want something that is somewhat durable and easy to use like the arizer but also has the peace of mind of replaceable batteries. One of the reasons I've loved my enano so much is that its so simple that there are very few points of failure, And the only reason it's failing now is because it got dropped once long ago (dog caught the cord) and the crack has expanded all the way up and damaged the plug housing.

That being said, I'm looking for an at home style vape, but I like to use it on my patio rather than inside at my desk, which is why I'm thinking about a portable, but because neither portable options feel awesome for the reasons above, maybe I will just go back to a desktop...

If anyone has any input feel free.

dimmusp

This is my current issue. I have had the red light of death on atleast one of my old arizers, can't remember if it was my 1 or 2. Right now I'm back in the market as my enano is falling apart at the seams, and I'm kinda stuck between the solo 3 and tm2 for a few reasons. The solo scares me in the fact that they can be unreliable and I'm not sure how supportive arizer is with device failures, I guess the replaceable battery of the TM2 is attractive in that sense, however it kinda horrifys me that even tipping over the tiny might on my desk could break the glass around the oven... I just want something that is somewhat durable and easy to use like the arizer but also has the peace of mind of replaceable batteries. One of the reasons I've loved my enano so much is that its so simple that there are very few points of failure, And the only reason it's failing now is because it got dropped once long ago (dog caught the cord) and the crack has expanded all the way up and damaged the plug housing.

That being said, I'm looking for an at home style vape, but I like to use it on my patio rather than inside at my desk, which is why I'm thinking about a portable, but because neither portable options feel awesome for the reasons above, maybe I will just go back to a desktop...

If anyone has any input feel free.
I think the TM2 liner is now stainless steel instead of glass. But better double check with someone who knows for sure.

dimmusp,
Reactions: XpeeN

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
the Solo OG was one of my early favorite vapes, this is the only battery powered vape to spark my interest in a while - nostalgia mostly - the site says its a convection dominant hybrid 80/20 hybrid so I am not sure (other than nostalgia) if I would like using it - that and the fact that I haven't taken the solo 2 of the shelf since I bought it.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
the Solo OG was one of my early favorite vapes, this is the only battery powered vape to spark my interest in a while - nostalgia mostly - the site says its a convection dominant hybrid 80/20 hybrid so I am not sure (other than nostalgia) if I would like using it - that and the fact that I haven't taken the solo 2 of the shelf since I bought it.
I also have a lot of nostalgia for Arizer as the OG Solo was my first vape. Haven't bought a Solo since though as I explored many different vapes over the years.

Now I've come full circle and this version of the Solo looks to be a completely different beast to me. Already have one coming and if my suspicions are correct, I hope it will become my dominant portable.

Edit: surprised you never gave the Solo2 a chance

Peacockfur

now: Enano OG, solo 2 previously: Lots!
I think i've made my decision... As nice as the solo 3 looks, the times when I will need a portable is maybe 5-10 percent of the time I will be using... I figured it would be better to get 60 percent of the performance for less than half the price and picked up a solo 2 for 120 at POTV. My enano, while decrepit and near death, still hits great and is one of my favorite vaporizers I've ever used. I'll be getting another when this dies. 90 percent of the time I'll be using the enano for sessions (excited to eventually try out the XL or the NXT) and the other 10 percent for patio sessions on particularly nice days or hiking will be covered just fine by the solo 2. And if I hate it more than I remember I'll just return it and give something else a go!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I'm confused, it seems like you wouldn't like using these regardless? It's not that different, practically, but you bought the two and don't even use it so, it being functionally the same as the original you have nostalgia for, is meaningless if you're not even going to use them at all even once?? lol

I also have a lot of nostalgia for Arizer as the OG Solo was my first vape. Haven't bought a Solo since though as I explored many different vapes over the years.

Now I've come full circle and this version of the Solo looks to be a completely different beast to me. Already have one coming and if my suspicions are correct, I hope it will become my dominant portable.

Edit: surprised you never gave the Solo2 a chance

Yeah I felt the nostalgia and was gearing up to get the two max eventually, then this took that place instead, it is the same with more :tup:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Oh my lord, where did this come from?
I was eyeing TB2, but now, my favorite company is dropping a new Solo?
Damn...
I want to get this, and after reading and watching some videos I'm not honestly sure I need this one.

I'm using TM2 in the same form factor as the solo (XL stem, no CU) when I'm out and about
and TB at home.
For outdoors, I would say TM is a better choice because it is smaller, faster, and easy to use, and for home use, I would say the TB is easier and quicker to use.
It doesn't seem it can replace either vaporizer... by the time I manage to turn on and heat the solo, I'm already done with my first TB draw and I'm in the middle of my TM draw.

So, unless it offers better vapor quality and production, I have to give up for now... at least until I find a job in this terrible time haha.

This will be great with a water adapter, but I haven't vaped via water in the last few years.

So, it might still be TB2 for me before Solo 3.

PS: My wife's go-to vape is Solo 2. I told her about the Solo 3 and she replied - "a gift for me?"
Solo 2 is an easy device to power on and use, can we honestly say the same for Solo 3? I'm worried she'll have more issues...but I might be overthinking this one.

Looking forward to
Oh my lord, where did this come from?
I was eyeing TB2, but now, my favorite company is dropping a new Solo?
Damn...
I want to get this, and after reading and watching some videos I'm not honestly sure I need this one.

I'm using TM2 in the same form factor as the solo (XL stem, no CU) when I'm out and about
and TB at home.
For outdoors, I would say TM is a better choice because it is smaller, faster, and easy to use, and for home use, I would say the TB is easier and quicker to use.
It doesn't seem it can replace either vaporizer... by the time I manage to turn on and heat the solo, I'm already done with my first TB draw and I'm in the middle of my TM draw.

So, unless it offers better vapor quality and production, I have to give up for now... at least until I find a job in this terrible time haha.

This will be great with a water adapter, but I haven't vaped via water in the last few years.

PS: My wife's go-to vape is Solo 2. I told her about the Solo 3 and she replied - "a gift for me?"
Solo 2 is an easy device to power on and use, can we honestly say the same for Solo 3? I'm worried she'll have more issues...but I might be overthinking this one.
I have a TM2, Tetra P80, Tafee bowl. Solo 3 is def worth it

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Honestly imo this is correct, I think the TB2 would be more practical for you (don't want to get too off topic here in the solo thread)

:lmao::nod::love:

However this is also correct, Solo 3 just offers more versatility and power (xl stems and on demand mode) although it is slightly more involved, not as simple ultimately?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp
enjoying the solo 3 a little more then I’ll respond as to why I believe it’s worth it. But what IS WORTH mentioning the the fast turn around time from preordering on 4/19 and having it delivered today. Bravo again 420EDC! A nice little hand written note as well with the package, thanks!!

Cacahuates

It arrived this morning and I had to wait to charge until after work.
Ran a few stems through it... it's nice.

I think someone summed it up pretty well earlier in this thread as being a more powerful beefed up solo 2. A lot more power. The solo 3 is an Olympic gold medalist weightlifter while the solo 2 is me on a bowflex homegym.

Don't care for the unlock but it's not the end of the world.

Session mode is good. Fast heat up. Stepped all the way to 220. Material was pretty dark (almost black). Don't think I need to be in that end of the power band.
The on-demand mode is cool. Nice big hits on level 3 (can't remember the default temp, lvl 3, maybe 390). Not gigantic but nice.
Great taste. I imagine you could crank out some big hits this way.

I need to experiment more but I think it's a great addition and definitely worth it. I could see any Arizer fan loving this.
Can't wait to get into it more.

Darr1

Preorder on Friday 4/19 from 420EDC. Shipped on 4/20 and it’s already here in Chicago distribution center. Estimated per USPS is Thursday , hopefully it can be tomorrow, super excited to try out the solo 3
Mine is arriving tomorrow (UK) thought i would be waiting at least another week for shipping. Can't wait

Darr1,
Reactions: dimmusp

n0tu2

Have to admit VAS almost got me last week on this one, especially after watching all those review vids 😀 I exercised some restraint and only picked up a Vapman.. which at first I didn't like but its turned out to be a nifty little stinker once you figure it out.

The only thing that contained VAS on this one is I recall seeing somewhere the 3 MAX will be here in June, yeah? If it turns out to be not so great will most likely pick up a discounted 3 at some point. Watching thread to see more real world user input...!

Top Bottom