Arizer Solo 3

NOLOGO

I have to say, after a week with this vape, it's definitely going to stay in the rotation alongside the Venty and Anvil. I enjoy the glass stem system, but I must say, my favorite mod—and one I couldn't live without—is a Madheaters Revolve Dynavap stem intercooler inside the mouthpiece; it makes a huge difference. Still can't wait for the release of custom stems.
Oooooohhhh I'm def trying this! Thanks for the tip!

And yes, turning Notifications off in BOTH menus made the beeping stop in On Demand mode. Weird, but happy the beeping stopped ....

LOVING this thing so far!!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have to say, after a week with this vape, it's definitely going to stay in the rotation alongside the Venty and Anvil. I enjoy the glass stem system, but I must say, my favorite mod—and one I couldn't live without—is a Madheaters Revolve Dynavap stem intercooler inside the mouthpiece; it makes a huge difference. Still can't wait for the release of custom stems.
Do you think the glass intercooler from the Vaphit would work?

Edit: I also can't wait for the custom stems to come out. I been reading about these "high flow" custom stems that remove the glass screen and allow for a replaceable metal screen. Look like they increase airflow even more. I'd really love to try an XL stem with a removeable screen and cooling dimples.

Andjoe

Have to admit VAS almost got me last week on this one, especially after watching all those review vids 😀 I exercised some restraint and only picked up a Vapman.. which at first I didn't like but its turned out to be a nifty little stinker once you figure it out.

The only thing that contained VAS on this one is I recall seeing somewhere the 3 MAX will be here in June, yeah? If it turns out to be not so great will most likely pick up a discounted 3 at some point. Watching thread to see more real world user input...!
@n0tu2 this is the video you were fooled by. This guy makes junk videos, please don’t spread junk in this sacred space :)

jasp3r

Do you think the glass intercooler from the Vaphit would work?

Edit: I also can't wait for the custom stems to come out. I been reading about these "high flow" custom stems that remove the glass screen and allow for a replaceable metal screen. Look like they increase airflow even more. I'd really love to try an XL stem with a removeable screen and cooling dimples.

I am sure that with the proper O-ring configuration, the Vaphit intercooler should work. I would think most Dynavap-compatible items can be used with the arizer stem system, as long as you have enough O-rings to adjust and fit them in there.

And I totally agree—I can't wait. I ordered high-flow stems from 420EDC, which arrived and are fine, but the stems really move a lot in the device. So, I would skip those and wait for new stems made specifically for the Solo3 to come out. I simply cannot wait for a high-flow XL stem!

cheeseholidays

Did my unboxing, not sure what to make of it. It’s larger for sure. The display, while color, is a much lower quality TN LCD. The new unlock thing is crazy.

The top end of the housing is off center by like .3mm and there are two light nicks in the black finish. I’ll overlook that stuff on cheaper devices, but not if you’re charging this much, imo. I’m inclined to ask for another one.

EDIT: I’m going to pursue a return or exchange. It’s just too expensive for me to ignore.

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Good to know that it's not just online vape reviewers that are pleased with the new Solo 3, but also FC members who's opinions I value. Appreciate all the feed back from users as it helps with the wait for those of us that haven't even received a shipping notice yet.

Decided to rummage through the closet and drawers to locate all my Airizer stems and unexpectedly found eleven, including two high flow PVHES wpa stems that were still in the original bubble packaging, unused. WTF!

With all the legacy Airizer portables in use and the likely renewed popularity of the Solo 3 we might just see some innovations in stem offerings down the road. Dreaming of a phattpiggy like wooden stem with a Ti bowl, liner, and mouth piece for travel.

Here are two forgotten and found pieces that should work good together. The PVHES high flow wpa stem and a five inch TRWW dimpled, no carb Heady cooling stem.

combo.jpg

jasp3r

Did my unboxing, not sure what to make of it. It’s larger for sure. The display, while color, is a much lower quality TN LCD. The new unlock thing is crazy.

The top end of the housing is off center by like .3mm and there are two light nicks in the black finish. I’ll overlook that stuff on cheaper devices, but not if you’re charging this much, imo. I’m inclined to ask for another one.
Could you post photos of the housing?

Another negative I've noticed, which I believe was mentioned earlier in the thread, is that the device can only be charged with a USB-A to USB-C cable. It's somewhat similar to the Tafee Bowle in that regard. (Being USB-C, but not truly in a universal way)

.Good to know that it's not just online vape reviewers that are pleased with the new Solo 3, but also FC members who's opinions I value. Appreciate all the feed back from users as it helps with the wait for those of us that haven't even received a shipping notice yet.

I'm always happy to share my two cents. I think a lot of online reviewers are really overmarketing this since, I believe, there is a considerably higher profit share through affiliate programs with Arizer compared to Storz and Bickel, so I always take anything they say with a grain of salt.

It's a solid vape, and I actually brought it to a 420 session with some fellow forum members who shared the same sentiments. By no means is it a flavor chaser or anything like that, but for what it is, Arizer has hit the nail on the head with what seems to be everyone's major gripes with their products.

Decided to rummage through the closet and drawers to locate all my Airizer stems and unexpectedly found eleven, including two high flow PVHES wpa stems that were still in the original bubble packaging, unused. WTF!

With all the legacy Airizer portables in use and the likely renewed popularity of the Solo 3 we might just see some innovations in stem offerings down the road. Dreaming of a phattpiggy like wooden stem with a Ti bowl, liner, and mouth piece for travel.

Here are two forgotten and found pieces that should work good together. The PVHES high flow wpa stem and a five inch TRWW dimpled, no carb Heady cooling stem.
Love when that happens! Actually was rigging up the WPA to do the exact same thing with an almost identical stem

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I am sure that with the proper O-ring configuration, the Vaphit intercooler should work. I would think most Dynavap-compatible items can be used with the arizer stem system, as long as you have enough O-rings to adjust and fit them in there.

And I totally agree—I can't wait. I ordered high-flow stems from 420EDC, which arrived and are fine, but the stems really move a lot in the device. So, I would skip those and wait for new stems made specifically for the Solo3 to come out. I simply cannot wait for a high-flow XL stem!

Do those stems fit well in your other Arizer devices or is it just the Solo 3 causing issues?

I’m looking into doing a high flow fixed screen zirconia stem 🙏

jasp3r

Do those stems fit well in your other Arizer devices or is it just the Solo 3 causing issues?

Don't have any other Arizer devices so no luck there.

Fixed screen? Or fixed position for the stainless screen

NOLOGO

It should also be beeping when it reaches temperature like the air max no? That is also not working here.
The beeping can be turned off in the Notification sections of both the session and on demand settings menus... but the beep on mine and others units was on by default.

With this, the nicks in the finish and your top plate being asymmetrical, it seems to me you maybe were sent a prototype or testing unit by accident. I would write whoever you bought it from and get it swapped for a new one.

NOLOGO,
Reactions: dimmusp

cheeseholidays

The beeping can be turned off in the Notification sections of both the session and on demand settings menus... but the beep on mine and others units was on by default.

With this, the nicks in the finish and your top plate being asymmetrical, it seems to me you maybe were sent a prototype or testing unit by accident. I would write whoever you bought it from and get it swapped for a new one.
It’s definitely turned on, and I hear them for everything else BUT it reaching temp. I bought straight from Arizer so fingers crossed.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
OT Can’t imagine that a high air flow, durable, ceramic, medical grade zirconium stem wouldn’t be in high demand for Airizer users once they knew it existed. Consider just a ridge to seat a SS screen that could be removed and replaced. Max air flow and may reduce cost. Deciding on the ideal size/length to bring to market is going to be a head scratcher.

The ability to add cooling pearls (removable screen), or a tapered/bored mouth piece to 8mm to accommodate a Simrell Stinger ++ and would be icing on the cake.

Any durable zirconium stem that looks close to this Element below in design IMO would be sought after.

The Element: Designed and rendered by @invertedisdead
stem.png

Moody

I don't have the unit yet but I believe on-demand mode has all its own settings as well, independent from session mode. So perhaps you only turned off the beep while you were in the settings for session mode?

I think you have to go into on-demand mode and then hold the right button to access the settings for on-demand mode, and then turn off the beep there maybe.
I read the instructions completely and I do recall that the settings for on demand and session are unique. You can have louder or softer beeps for each setting, screen brightness, etc

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Don't have any other Arizer devices so no luck there.

Fixed screen? Or fixed position for the stainless screen

Well I was thinking a single piece fixed zirconia screen as that's one of my favorite features about the Arizer stems is the easy cleaning and maintenance. I want to do a much higher flow fixed screen though.

It's a lot more complicated and expensive to do though. Might not even be possible with the length of the stem.
I have my Arizer Air with me but I don't have any quality measurement tools with me right now so I'm not exactly sure on the dimensions so I haven't been able to quote these ideas yet.

OT Can’t imagine that a high air flow, durable, ceramic, medical grade zirconium stem wouldn’t be in high demand for Airizer users once they knew it existed. Consider just a ridge to seat a SS screen that could be removed and replaced. Max air flow and may reduce cost. Deciding on the ideal size/length to bring to market is going to be a head scratcher.

The ability to add cooling pearls (removable screen), or a tapered/bored mouth piece to 8mm to accommodate a Simrell Stinger ++ and would be icing on the cake.

Any durable zirconium stem that looks close to this Element below in design IMO would be sought after.

The Element: Designed and rendered by @invertedisdead
stem.png

A stainless steel screen is definitely cheaper to implement as it just needs a ridge to seat against.
Are more people into a mesh screen?
I honestly really like the easy cleaning of the unibody design myself, that's what I was going for with my Element concept and it was inspired by the Arizer stems. I think it's clever how the stems themselves are essentially the entire vaporizer, they just get heated directly from the stainless steel oven.

I think the simple stem is a big reason why Arizer has been successful with this time tested design as you can just cycle a few out and always have a clean one ready. It's definitely one of the closest analogs by far to smoking a joint or blunt IMHO. I just think the stock stems don't have enough flow though I haven't tried this Solo 3 yet with the 5th hole. I was thinking of doing more, smaller holes, just like my Element design uses. Like an improved version of the stock stem, but other options for more cooling could be implemented for sure.

Thanks for sharing!

NOLOGO

How do you get the revolve intercooler to fit properly in the solo stem?

NOLOGO,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I'm confused, it seems like you wouldn't like using these regardless? It's not that different, practically, but you bought the two and don't even use it so, it being functionally the same as the original you have nostalgia for, is meaningless if you're not even going to use them at all even once?? lol
I was amused at the responses at first (I really did like the Solo OG and it was my main device at the time) but eventually the comments hit a nerve... I remember that when I got the Solo 2 that there was some differences between it and the Solo OG that meant I preferred the OG. I got something else at the time as well that ended up taking focus which meant that the Solo 2 when back in its original box and was packed away and was only found recently.

After seeing the Solo 3 thread, it actually reminded me of the fact I had a Solo 2... and after getting those responses and being annoyed - I found my box and unpacked the Solo 2 and have been using it this morning. Its not perfect, but I think I will keep that as my dog walking device (a one handed, battery powered device so I can hold the leash in the other hand). I haven't taken the dogs for a walk in 6 months due to sickness/surgery/recovery however I have progressed in my rehabilitation such that I am starting to be able to do - short - walks with the dogs again and hence why having a battery powered portable, I am happy to use has come into focus.

I have a TM2 which was what I used before I got sick but I don't like the TM2 - and just from the screwing around I did this morning, I think I'll get rid of the TM2 and get a Solo 3 for walking the dogs.

Guess I wanted to explain that I am trying to clean out my collection of the stuff I don't use and ensure I have a device that works for me for the specific situations that I vape.

The Solo 3 and the AVL are the only 2 that interest me at the moment in this category & hence why I am here and hence why the nostalgia has reminded me of why I liked the OG.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

Agreed!

I have read on Reddit about people modding their regular arizer stems by knocking out the glass screen. See this link.

I'd be interested in hearing how the PVHES stems work for those that have them or something similar. Thinking about trying the screen hack with an old OG Solo stem I still have.

I'd love a zirconia unbreakable stem. If it had a nice large bowl and cooling dimples with great airflow that would be a game-changer.

Peacockfur

now: Enano OG, solo 2 previously: Lots!
I'm contemplating returning the solo 2 I just got and getting the solo 3 instead. It's just so expensive, I have to imagine it will come down in price in the future. As nice as the improvements are, are they really $160 more good? Lol.

Peacockfur

now: Enano OG, solo 2 previously: Lots!
Yeah I think I'm speaking to a captive audience though lol, how much will the average user notice? I usually microdose with small bowls, so I don't see myself using the XL bowl... Idk. I want to convince myself, but I'm also broke right now, LOL.
I suppose there is always a payment plan from POTV 😂😂
How much of a difference does the heater quality.make in the vapor?
The solo 2 does feel a bit weak but i actually have kinda enjoyed that, rather than being destroyed in one hit like from my enano, haha. I never though id be in this situation considering my younger years but pot is just too strong for.me nowadays, this is speaking as a relatively young person approaching 30, I take one hit of this tropi mango I got from the dispensary and I'm literally non-functional, it's horrible lol. These days I try to mix everything with CBD like 70-30 lol. Maybe I'm paranoid. I wonder what the failure rates are for these devices. The fact that it's brand new also scares me, I know they always have kinks to iron out with new generations.

I guess I still feel hesitant because my last solo 2 got the red light of death, the non replaceable batteries make me nervous spending so much on a portable, that is the reliability I've enjoyed with my enano, even if I can't take it where I want to. Which is kinda why I decided to just get the cheaper solo 2 initially, because if I get the red light of death it won't feel as bad losing $120 over $280 lol

Last edited:

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Yeah I think I'm speaking to a captive audience though lol, how much will the average user notice? I usually microdose with small bowls, so I don't see myself using the XL bowl... Idk. I want to convince myself, but I'm also broke right now, LOL.
I suppose there is always a payment plan from POTV 😂😂
How much of a difference does the heater quality.make in the vapor?
The solo 2 does feel a bit weak but i actually have kinda enjoyed that, rather than being destroyed in one hit like from my enano, haha. I never though id be in this situation considering my younger years but pot is just too strong for.me nowadays, this is speaking as a relatively young person approaching 30, I take one hit of this tropi mango I got from the dispensary and I'm literally non-functional, it's horrible lol. These days I try to mix everything with CBD like 70-30 lol. Maybe I'm paranoid. I wonder what the failure rates are for these devices. The fact that it's brand new also scares me, I know they always have kinks to iron out with new generations.

I guess I still feel hesitant because my last solo 2 got the red light of death, the non replaceable batteries make me nervous spending so much on a portable, that is the reliability I've enjoyed with my enano, even if I can't take it where I want to. Which is kinda why I decided to just get the cheaper solo 2 initially, because if I get the red light of death it won't feel as bad losing $120 over $280 lol
The worth of a vaporizer is whatever value you ascribe to it. I'm a original Solo fan , then the Solo 2 ( you can replace your own batteries). The vapor quality is 🔥 . Extraction has greatly improved . The heater is big , hell the whole thing fells like a .38 in my hand. This thing lets you customize your experience. That's no joke either , all sorts of pre sets you can play with to make it truly your own experience . Look around for discount codes , I got mine for $275 . I'm not so sure on portability as this is heavy and the stems and all make it a bit bulky. But it delivers a nice thick tasty vapor. I've been playing around with different stems I've had and the draw resistance has improved with the new stems, but I'm also having good results with my older low capacity stems. I'm a happy stoner right now :peace:

Top Bottom