Arizer Solo 3

dimmusp

@vtac Could you please move this thread to the regular forum section now that the Solo 3 has been released?

Thanks

dimmusp,

N0b0dy

Can you give a comparison on the draw resistance of the Solo 3 vs Venty? Which level on the Venty airflow dial would it most closely resemble? Thanks

Somebody else also answered. Difficult to compare 1 to 1 as IMHO all vaporizers have their advantages and personal sweet spot is based on many variables. However, to give you an idea, if I were to pack .25g in the venty (lightly) and .25g (very lightly) in the XL stem in the Solo 3 and only compare draw resistance, I would say it is equivalent to a 1.5 - 2 setting on the Venty.

if draw resistance is what you are looking for and want the most open vaporizer out there… well… nothing compares to the Venty.

However, the Solo 3 XL stem allows you to really pack flower very lightly and with the new hole positioning and extra hole the draw resistance is not too restricted. It actually feels quite natural as it provides a bit of ’pull feedback’ alowing to better modulate the speed and duration without feeling ’wispy’.

Don’t know how else to explain it.

VapingVette916

I just got mine today. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change it from C to F. Anyone know? It says for the solo 2 to press menu and you're supposed to get all kinds of settings, but pressing menu doesn't do anything on mine.

nm figured it out, have to hold right for a few seconds. the instructions that came with it has SUPER small type, so iI couldn't read it

https://ibb.co/7WtN1Qc
https://ibb.co/0rcJNBd
https://ibb.co/87QY5CT
https://ibb.co/b2CBqZk
https://ibb.co/0hX1rvp

couple quick pics i took of it

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Being I have every Arizer device except the Argo, I am going to have to get this . I will get rid of my solo 2 max that I just got as it’s very similar imo with some extras. Arizer makes some of my favorite portables for taste , ease of use and they are drop dead simple to clean compared to others .

F1240

Can’t wait for UK stores to get this. It looks belter. I’ve got an air max that’s been fantastic.

F1240,

johnnyCanuck

Batteries degrade over time, and then you've got a nice piece of e-waste :(
My original OG Solo is still working through pass through charging and it's been over a decade. I never use it anymore but it's there if I want to. Kind of becomes a desktop vape then unless there's a hack of replacing the internal battery yourself which wasn't difficult to do with the help of all you ppl on FC at the time.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I don't know offhand but doesn't Arizer have a way to replace the batteries for you for a fee? I thought S&B did this with the Mighty. No reason to throw away the whole unit if they can refurbish.

I replaced the battery on my original Solo with a video I found online since the battery pack used back then wasn't soldered but attached to the heater via hard plastic plug like internal computer power cables. I trust there will be a way to renew the batteries. 🤞

Last edited:

Pukka

I'd guess the internal packaging between the 2 & 3 are similar, given the similar exterior architecture and it's really simple to replace the cell pack in the 2 once the warrenty expires. Since no one's done a tear down yet to confirm my suspicions I'd guess pack replacement would pretty much be the same once the cells are identified.

techtoker

I actually have a Solo 3 for testing. I also have numerous other vaporizers (Crafty, Mighty, Mighty+, Venty, Firefly 2, Arizer Air Max, DaVinci IQ2, multiple Dynavaps, Tempest). I always liked the dependability and predicatbility of the S&B vaporizers. However every other one has it it’s strengths and I switch between them based on how I feel. With all that being said, I was very impresesed with the Solo 3.

The quality of the device is outstanding and it does feel premium. Size wise, even if it cannot compete with the Arizer Air Max, it still remains extremely portable. I personally find it much better to handle than for example the Venty.

So far I have only used it a couple of times in on demand mode and it literally rocked my world so to speak. I used the XL tube and around .25g herb very lightly packed. While airflow wise it will not get close to a Mighty+ let’s say, the airflow is definitely better than the Air Max. But where this thing shines and literally blew my mind is taste and flavour / fullness. I would say that at this point it is the best device from that perspective from the ones I own.

With the Venty for example, same herb qty. and same temp around 180C, with a full lung inhale I do get the ‘Bickle tickle’ and end up coughing mostly from the vapour concentration and temp. With the Solo 3 I will cough significantly because of how much more terpier the hits are. If you are a flavour chaser, you will love this one. It is almost in a class of it’s own. And the flavour is there with almost no deterioration for a few hits, more than let’s say with the Venty.

Herb wise, I was surprised how evenly cooked it is at the end with a beautiful golden brown colour.

This will definitely be my main device for the next few weeks until I get a better feel and see how it performs in warmer temperatures as the weather gets better.

I will try to post from time to time as I use it and get used to it. One thing is clear, Arizer did and excellent job with this one, IMHO they have a winner.

P.S. they should have called this one Terpy Max instead of Solo 3 😝

As per my previous post I can tell you this is a bit different with a Solo 3. The new heater/oven size and XL tube takes care of that. For me it hits as good as a Venty for example but with much more terpier hits.
The tempest (early version) has been my daily driver since I got it. Half a cap hits me pretty hard with solid flavor. Curious how you think the solo 3 compares to the tempest in terms of flavor and high hard it can hit.

I pre-ordered the solo 3 for a chill, at home flavor chaser setup (and when I don't feel like messing with hot metal).

N0b0dy

The tempest (early version) has been my daily driver since I got it. Half a cap hits me pretty hard with solid flavor. Curious how you think the solo 3 compares to the tempest in terms of flavor and high hard it can hit.

I pre-ordered the solo 3 for a chill, at home flavor chaser setup (and when I don't feel like messing with hot metal).
Indeed, different devices. In my opinion the Tempest is probably one of the best vapes out there today but requires one to develop their own technique. I use the Tempest with the Wand and it hits like a freight train with cool and very tasty vapour in a very short session. I actually love it and probably during warmer days it will be my main driver.

With that being said, it’s a bit more difficult to use during a Canadian winter and colder weather. This is where the Solo 3 will most likely be my main driver. Also, given the set-up it uses, with the glass stem, in colder weather the vapour gets quite “fluffy“ and cool which is a plus.

From a flower quantity perspective, while I have not tried the equivalent of a half Tempest cap, the hight hits quite hard with .15 - .20g.

Additionally, I like to keep my devices pristine so that the flavour is at its best all the time. This is also where the Solo 3 (like all the other Arizer devices) shines, as it is a breeze to clean.

Cacahuates

Indeed, different devices. In my opinion the Tempest is probably one of the best vapes out there today but requires one to develop their own technique. I use the Tempest with the Wand and it hits like a freight train with cool and very tasty vapour in a very short session. I actually love it and probably during warmer days it will be my main driver.

With that being said, it’s a bit more difficult to use during a Canadian winter and colder weather. This is where the Solo 3 will most likely be my main driver. Also, given the set-up it uses, with the glass stem, in colder weather the vapour gets quite “fluffy“ and cool which is a plus.

From a flower quantity perspective, while I have not tried the equivalent of a half Tempest cap, the hight hits quite hard with .15 - .20g.

Additionally, I like to keep my devices pristine so that the flavour is at its best all the time. This is also where the Solo 3 (like all the other Arizer devices) shines, as it is a breeze to clean.
This is pretty close to my situation.
The Anvil was difficult to use in the cold or an unsheltered space.
The venty was my solution for out and about. It does great in the cold!
Like you say though, Arizer devices have the easiest maintenance. The venty isn't difficult to clean but not nearly as quick and easy as a solo.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So was lucky enough to receive a Solo 3 for the final round of beta testing and have been using pretty much only it for a week, early impressions are this is the classic (I had the original solo version two and OG air) beefed up with more power and versatility... On demand mode is unique, more like a micro session, and designed for one hitters, you have control with the temp setting (yeah lower could be nice like session mode is capable of) and also the timer setting, it retains heat really well and heats up pretty quick... XL bowls will make a lot of people happy too!

This^ was using the regular WPA, full with a little bubble hash on top, at middle level 392f you see how it keeps producing vapor after powering down so you can get along hit for a full extraction, I have not even ventured to higher settings than this, when I used session mode I milked it really low 300-340f (after temp stepping all the way up to 380 the first time through a hook) mostly using the lowest setting 356 on demand, mixing in 374 as well more through water... Depending how you grind and load, you can maximize more convection or more conduction, true hybrid.

This is a nice innovative evolution with truly one of a kind features, should be a strong competitor from a reliable brand with mainstream appeal!

Last edited:

HighTime

So was lucky enough to receive a Solo 3 for the final round of beta testing and have been using pretty much only it for a week, early impressions are this is the classic (I had the original solo version two and OG air) beefed up with more power and versatility... On demand mode is unique, more like a micro session, and designed for one hitters, you have control with the temp setting (yeah lower could be nice like session mode is capable of) and also the timer setting, it retains heat really well and heats up pretty quick... XL bowls will make a lot of people happy too!

This^ was using the regular WPA, full with a little bubble hash on top, at middle level 392f you see how it keeps producing vapor after powering down so you can get along hit for a full extraction, I have not even ventured to higher settings than this, when I used session mode I milked it really low 300-340f (after temp stepping all the way up to 380 the first time through a hook) mostly using the lowest setting 356 on demand, mixing in 374 as well more through water... Depending how you grind and load, you can maximize more convection or more conduction, true hybrid.

This is a nice innovative evolution with truly one of a kind features, should be a strong competitor from a reliable brand with mainstream appeal!
Hi. SS. I may have missed it earlier in the thread, but can the beeping sound be disabled on the Solo 3? Thanks!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi. SS. I may have missed it earlier in the thread, but can the beeping sound be disabled on the Solo 3? Thanks!

Yes! As usual, fortunately, when I got it, I did have a brief bit of panic, when I thought perhaps only the volume could be adjusted down lol just need to turn the notification setting to off is all, and rely on only the screen instead

Top Bottom