cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Is it common to not get much smoke from the Argo?
Haven’t used an Argo in years but still have a soft spot for it. Glad it’s held up.

IIRC the sensor doesn’t read the live temperature after reaching the set temp. Since the oven cools down when you hit it, press either the + or - button after each draw. That forces it to read the live temp and heat back up to your set point.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
20220301_090125__18578.1646144890.jpg

20220301_085837__92304.1646144419.jpg

ChronPain86

I was enjoying using my Argo, but have now found myself for the lack of the proper term...a sore throat due to vaping I assume!? Rarely did I go over 400 degrees usually under 380, but I was using the stock short stems a bit more vs when I first started I was using a water bubbler. This is day 2 of sore throat did less vaping yesterday but am going to stay away for a couple days and hopes this sore throat feeling goes away. It is definitely not a cold just my sensitive throat not liking the warm vapor I guess...

I have experienced this on occasion, it’s not a thing that happens with any one specific vaporizer just something that can come up with drawing hot dry air down your throat. Drinking water and staying hydrated helps some, running through a water pipe helps a lot. 400 is higher than I typically ever go so that will certainly exacerbate it, but in general some combination of being mindful to drink lots of water, keeping temperatures lower (I’m always below 390) will help. A water pipe will make the issue go away entirely too I find.

ChronPain86

I have experienced this on occasion, it’s not a thing that happens with any one specific vaporizer just something that can come up with drawing hot dry air down your throat. Drinking water and staying hydrated helps some, running through a water pipe helps a lot. 400 is higher than I typically ever go so that will certainly exacerbate it, but in general some combination of being mindful to drink lots of water, keeping temperatures lower (I’m always below 390) will help. A water pipe will make the issue go away entirely too I find.
Thanks for the input. I definitely prefer temps under 370 I found and water is a must for me or I need to spend $ on a new glass piece that is longer and has dimples in it...do they work? Or those mini water bubblers that fit into the Argo are also out there.

Hoping it gets better tomorrow, was rough not vaping all day as it does help give some pain relief. Had lots of liquids and soup today as well as some halls to see if that would help but so far still feeling it.

Lesson learned for me I hope and this is just a one of...

I have not used any of the longer stems, they should work though.

Arizer sells a water pipe adapter stem for the ArGo, that would be the cheapest option provided you already have a water piece.sneaky Pete and I’m sure others also have their own versions. I have one from arizer and it works although I don’t use mine through a water piece all that often. I have heard people concerned about the weight of an ArGo or other battery powered vaporizer and cheap water pieces with thin glass, that’s outside my area of expertise to speak on though. My water pipe is fairly stout so I don’t worry much, but again I don’t commonly get much use out of it either as I prefer to hit it straight from the vaporizer and I’m only vaping a couple times per day so sore throat isn’t a regular concern.

Thanks for the input. I definitely prefer temps under 370 I found and water is a must for me or I need to spend $ on a new glass piece that is longer and has dimples in it...do they work? Or those mini water bubblers that fit into the Argo are also out there.

Hoping it gets better tomorrow, was rough not vaping all day as it does help give some pain relief. Had lots of liquids and soup today as well as some halls to see if that would help but so far still feeling it.

Lesson learned for me I hope and this is just a one of...
session time 15-18 ,if i use the short glass ......the sore throat is sure.........only with this large stem.

20200814_155322__87623.1612708346.jpg

TheDankness

Extremely Moist
session time 15-18 ,if i use the short glass ......the sore throat is sure.........only with this large stem.

20200814_155322__87623.1612708346.jpg
I've got one of these 3d stems with the carb hole on it too. Only problem is, it's not really portable. Have you found any protective tubes that'll let you carry one of these when you're out and about? Was thinking about modding a smaller cigar tube with some rubber / silicone inserts or something.

hinglemccringleberry

20220301_085638__18297.1646144454.jpg

20211031_160530__34236.1646144887.jpg

The 4 hole variant has a fixed screen (top photo). Hi-Flo doesn't (bottom photo).
Does the titanium bowl boost the extraction performance of the Argo and turn it into a heavier hitter with thicker clouds (at the expense of flavor)? You would think it would...it does so on the Roffu.

hinglemccringleberry,

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Does the titanium bowl boost the extraction performance of the Argo and turn it into a heavier hitter with thicker clouds (at the expense of flavor)? You would think it would...it does so on the Roffu.
The other device you mention uses a Stainless Steel Chamber. Would Grade 2 Titanium be better than glass? It certainly won't break and that is why it was designed in place of glass. Anything else is just a bonus.

hinglemccringleberry

I would think that the metal Argo stem would be a popular thing with owners who want thicker hits, but I've searched up and down the internet and can't find any Argo users comparing the glass stem to the metal one.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: Petetbay

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I would think that the metal Argo stem would be a popular thing with owners who want thicker hits, but I've searched up and down the internet and can't find any Argo users comparing the glass stem to the metal one.
Probably because there are not many of these in the wild. Have no problems with ArGo extraction with glass or titanium. The device delivers the goods, not as fast as some would like but if you keep the temps low, the flavor sticks around, especially if you find just the right sized budlet to kram in without grinding. Two of us passing the ArGo back and forth can move through a stem quicker than one of us.

ChronPain86

So question...

The ArGo is suppose to heat up to your last set temperature everytime. For whatever reason I have to hit a plus or minus button to initiate the heat up now...before it would warm up automatically now it just stays at a super low temperature until I press a plus or minus then it heats up...any idea why this started?

ChronPain86,

Petetbay

So question...

The ArGo is suppose to heat up to your last set temperature everytime. For whatever reason I have to hit a plus or minus button to initiate the heat up now...before it would warm up automatically now it just stays at a super low temperature until I press a plus or minus then it heats up...any idea why this started?
That’s normal operation, heater doesn’t start until a button a is pushed, same on Solo 2, but it displays last temp, the Argo show present temp(room) and displays last temp when button hit and starts heater at the same time.

ChronPain86

Who has the best deals for glass stems for the ArGo? I am in Canada, know of vapenorth which is same as sneaky pete's unsure if they have exact same stock. Any other good sites for glass stems for the ArGo?

ChronPain86,

TheDankness

Extremely Moist
Who has the best deals for glass stems for the ArGo? I am in Canada, know of vapenorth which is same as sneaky pete's unsure if they have exact same stock. Any other good sites for glass stems for the ArGo?
I've used Vapenorth.ca and Tvape.ca. Prices are pretty similar in both places, fast shipping and great service.

cosimo

not sure they ship easily to canada, but 420edc has very good prices and constant deals

Petetbay

Here’s another in Canada, Sneaky Pete hasn’t been restocking Argo stems. 420EDC does ship to Canada, I’ve had a couple orders and there’s 10% off now.

ILOVETHC code will get you 5% off @ Herb Cafe all the time.

Top Bottom