thx1138

Be glad you didn't buy the Argo when it was launched. It was a similar price to the TM
I did buy it when it was launched, and got a good deal, somewhere around 180ish. Not sure it was ever 350, was it? I think it was somewhere around 269, but no one I know ever paid even that for it. The TM2 is around twice what I paid for the Argo.

simba

@weedanwine
It was around 250-270 I paid IIRC and the TM2 is currently 299 on Vapefiend, comparable I'd say.

simba,

thx1138

But your referring to different times when making your purchase comparison. Also, Vapefiend is a UK company, so thats 299 British pounds which is 360 dollars and 71 cents today for a TM. The current price difference is an astronomical 231 dollars, and thats if you go to a UK distributor for the TM. Its still nearly three times what Arizer and other's want for an Argo today which is 129 dollars. I have three acquaintances who bought the Argo back in 2018 and all four of us paid less than 200 for it. POTV has the Argo for 129 dollars
https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/arizer-argo-vaporizer

So, I am glad I bought the Argo back when it first came out, it was a great price at 189 dollars. I still use it quite often, and it has always delivered a satisfying experience. Its stealthy, delivers big hits or small sips, and is easy to keep clean. Its in its sixth year in my rotation, and I don't see it being replaced here anytime soon. :myday:

Last edited:

ChronPain86

So how many burnoffs are needed to "hopefully' get rid of any burnt plastic or smell from the manufacturer?

ChronPain86,

cosimo

So how many burnoffs are needed to "hopefully' get rid of any burnt plastic or smell from the manufacturer?
mine and those of some friends took a week or bit more of burnoffs and letting them out in the open air to get rid of it. we are pretty sensitive to those aromas.

ChronPain86

mine and those of some friends took a week or bit more of burnoffs and letting them out in the open air to get rid of it. we are pretty sensitive to those aromas.
I have done 3 so far after letting it fully cool down. Had the sleeve popped up and pushed down. It had a very strong smell during the initial burnoff, something I didn't expect and took too big of a sniff and learnt the hard way...haha

ChronPain86,
Reactions: cosimo

ChronPain86

what are some of your argo user temperatures and run times that you use to get ideal AVB afterwards? I am probably going to use between 375 - 400 most likely at least to start. Thanks for your input!

ChronPain86,
I’m typically using my ArGo at 198C, you could get darker AVB with a higher temperature but I like 198 for a nice balance of flavour and density of vapour. I would say to experiment, everyone seems to have different preferences

ChronPain86

I’m typically using my ArGo at 198C, you could get darker AVB with a higher temperature but I like 198 for a nice balance of flavour and density of vapour. I would say to experiment, everyone seems to have different preferences
Will have to experiment for sure. How long does one glass tube las for your sessions or however you use the argo? Do you load the filled glass tube right after turning on the argo while its heating up or do you wait for it to reach temperature then insert the glass tube?

ChronPain86,

thx1138

what are some of your argo user temperatures and run times that you use to get ideal AVB afterwards? I am probably going to use between 375 - 400 most likely at least to start. Thanks for your input!
I have been using it for CBD flower (all that I use lately) at temps ranging from 379 fahrenheit to 400 tops, but I typically (almost always) use it at 389 f. I also use an inverted, domed screen in the bowl that reduces the oven by half. I load the oven with a half filled stem first and then turn the unit on. I do that every time.

Last edited:
Will have to experiment for sure. How long does one glass tube las for your sessions or however you use the argo? Do you load the filled glass tube right after turning on the argo while its heating up or do you wait for it to reach temperature then insert the glass tube?

I turn on and heat up with the tube already inserted. I usually let it warm another 30 seconds after the unit beeps and reaches temperature

ChronPain86

So I have tried a few sessions out with the Argo now. Used a water bubbler, definitely makes a difference in my opinion. I wasn't able to get massive clouds from it, not my intention though. It does seem to be a bit restrictive air flow wise from my first few impressions but the AVB comes out looking fairly consistant.

Is it common to sometimes not get much smoke from the Argo? As the session goes on sometimes I get little clouds, maybe I am not inhaling hard or long enough but I still get the desired affect. So far with the one strain I have not been knocked on my butt or couch locked which is a good thing. I struggled to sleep last night for some reason, pain played into that but been up for 2 hours before making this post.

Do Argo users make shorter inhales or do some try to take massive hits from the Argo?

I have had the temperature start around 190c and took it up to the max temperature when using the water bubbler and had no harshness. The last thing I will say is after filling a glass tube full and hitting it for a 7 min session it seems to be a good amount of time.

Has anyone done a shorter say 5 min session and left the glass tube in the Argo and rehit that same glass tube say an hour or so later or would the AVB become too dark after sitting in the device then be re heated for possibly another 5 min session?

ChronPain86,

Petetbay

Do Argo users make shorter inhales or do some try to take massive hits from the Argo?
The Argo doesn’t have a super powerful heater and the length of the draw is dependent on the temp selected to get good extraction. The metal bowl heats the glass stem to get the conduction so the 1st hit is always weak till the stem gets to temp(waiting a few seconds when temp reached helps with the 1st hit). As you draw slowly the hot air passes thru the herb, but temperature is lost in the heater and needs to recover between draws. At lower temps slow 8-10sec draws with 5-8sec pauses works for me, 380-400*F longer 9-15sec draws w/5sec pauses, full temp like you’re slowly drawing on a joint w/short pauses does a short session for me 3-4 minutes. That’s my experience using the Argo. It doesn’t really do massive clouds, you need to draw slow and build up the Vapor in your lungs with long draws, but it will extract pretty good and I tend to max out the temp at the end when vapor is falling off to make sure. I find the bowl pretty small and 2 stems do me good usually. I need a Argo Max update. :2c:

edit: another tip I rotate the stem about 1\8 turn during the pause to have the air directed to different part of the stem bowl.

Last edited:

Mya Moe guy

The Argo doesn’t have a super powerful heater and the length of the draw is dependent on the temp selected to get good extraction. The metal bowl heats the glass stem to get the conduction so the 1st hit is always weak till the stem gets to temp(waiting a few seconds when temp reached helps with the 1st hit). As you draw slowly the hot air passes thru the herb, but temperature is lost in the heater and needs to recover between draws. At lower temps slow 8-10sec draws with 5-8sec pauses works for me, 380-400*F longer 9-15sec draws w/5sec pauses, full temp like you’re slowly drawing on a joint w/short pauses does a short session for me 3-4 minutes. That’s my experience using the Argo. It doesn’t really do massive clouds, you need to draw slow and build up the Vapor in your lungs with long draws, but it will extract pretty good and I tend to max out the temp at the end when vapor is falling off to make sure. I find the bowl pretty small and 2 stems do me good usually. I need a Argo Max update. :2c:

edit: another tip I rotate the stem about 1\8 turn during the pause to have the air directed to different part of the stem bowl.
I find if the bowl is packed too tight I only get a hit or two so I give it a stir that removes material & that may help. Also helps to have a fairly clean screen. My Argo, solo, solo 2, and Dynavap all work better when the air flow is good.

Pukka

I find if the bowl is packed too tight I only get a hit or two so I give it a stir that removes material & that may help. Also helps to have a fairly clean screen. My Argo, solo, solo 2, and Dynavap all work better when the air flow is good.
Agreed. I either plunge & scrape or dump fill (using a 1/pinch measuring spoon) and scrape to "just" fill the stem bowl and then compress it with a fingertip to ~1mm below the bowl lip. Grind with a large SCS 4 piece. I'm not really packing things in, kind of half way between loading a conduction and convection.

Petetbay

My Arizers are loaded the same inhale the stem from the grinder and compress the load to keep it away from the stem edge about a mm, not really packed at all, just enough to secure in the stem. I found stirring too troublesome, rotating the stem gives me more complete extraction and stirring just gives like one more flavorful hit and usually messy. Everyone’s different so do what works for you. :2c:

ChronPain86

Do most of you use the glass stem multiple times before you clean with isopropyl alcohol or clean after every use?

Also, up in Canada I have found 50% and 70% iso alcohol is that sufficient enough for cleaning or do I need to finder something higher? Walmart is where I got the 70% stuff, 50% was from dollar store.

ChronPain86,
Reactions: cosimo

hinglemccringleberry

Do most of you use the glass stem multiple times before you clean with isopropyl alcohol or clean after every use?

Also, up in Canada I have found 50% and 70% iso alcohol is that sufficient enough for cleaning or do I need to finder something higher? Walmart is where I got the 70% stuff, 50% was from dollar store.
I clean my stem after approx. a week of daily use. It's personal preference. I know some people let their stems get way dirtier than mine, and other people clean way more often than I do.

Any of those percentages will work. To determine which to go with, you have to consider how much resin you plan on letting accumulate on the glass. If you were to clean the stem every day, then 99% iso would be overkill, and a waste. Or if you only clean the stem once every 6 months and it's black with resin, 99% is exactly what you'll need (AND you'd probably have to mix some salt in with it to further boost its cleaning power).
Or, if someone only has access to 50% iso, then they'll maybe want to clean more often... only you can figure this out.

Last edited:

ChronPain86

I clean my stem after approx. a week of daily use. It's personal preference. I know some people let their stems get way dirtier than mine, and other people clean way more often than I do.

Any of those percentages will work. To determine which to go with, you have to consider how much resin you plan on letting accumulate on the glass. If you were to clean the stem every day, then 99% iso would be overkill, and a waste. Or if you only clean the stem once every 6 months and it's black with resin, 99% is exactly what you'll need (AND you'd probably have to mix some salt in with it to further boost its cleaning power).
Or, if someone only has access to 50% iso, then they'll maybe want to clean more often... only you can figure this out.
Thanks for the tips, trial and error will be the course of action for me going forward. I am impressed with how vaping cannabis feels, not coughing is a huge bonus and getting a slight high but more so some pain relief is the best reward.

How often do people vape cannabis as it seems the effects wear off relatively quick for me. But I have likely not the best weed as its from a medical cannabis supplier my doctor referred me too. The taste is different I don't know how to describe it but there is a flavour I can taste which I now need to find a strain that tastes good for daytime use that doesn't leave me couch locked then a strain that hits me heavier if possible from vaping for night time.

ChronPain86,

Pukka

I usually just drop my used Arizer stems (big or small) into a lidded jar of 99% ISO at bedtime and rinse with the hottest tap water I can stand when I make coffee the next am. I use the same ISO until I can no longer see through it then toss. I've gone 90 days before changing.

If you like you can use the highest proof drinking alcohol you can find instead of ISO. That's Everclear 190° in New Mexico where I live. Once it turns dark, dark, dark just evaporate off the alcohol (remember, outside and no flames=no boom) and use for brownies

ChronPain86

I like the lower temps, I don't go over 396 or 386. A steady 366-376 would probly be fine for me. I run 5 or 6 minute sessions, how many hits do you guys get off similar session times?

ChronPain86,
Reactions: Petetbay
Top Bottom