Anything comparable to the Herborizer (but cheaper)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

High Life 7

Hi this is the OP.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. This really is a great resource--look how many people chimed in!

I guess there is no perfect substitute. I was thinking I might go with the Silver Surfer because it seems to get very high marks around here.

I wish I could get the non-XL Herborizer with the temp control, but maybe someone could convince me that temp control is not important. In that case, I think my budget could expand to get the Tube or the Sphere non-XL model. The size of the chamber is not really that important to me; I just want to be able to make sure I'm getting a good quality vapor. I do prefer the hands free design and the all glass philosophy.

Thanks again.

High Life 7,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
SM55 please forgive me for using your experiences with the herbo without first consulting you.

SM55 sais that one of the reasons he doesnt like his herbo is because he did not get the temp control and he beleives it runs a bit hot, now some things that i have noticed about SM55 is that he likes to keep his ABV a bit away from what im sure some of us consider cashed. Now what does this mean?

I have no clue, i have never used either one and their are MANY factors that will play into this, ammt of water in the bud, ammt of bud in the bowl, how it was grinded, the list can go on and on.

Do you think you will want to get the most out of your herbs the first time you vape it? Or do you think youd like to get 75% and save the rest for a rainy day / stronger edibles?

Im not sure if SM55 has ever experienced combustion with his unit, but if he has not then i would suggest getting an herbo, temp can be controlled manually ( to an extent ) by the way you hit it ( fast v slow )

I hope this helps and i did not just confuse you more.

Survivalism,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
HL7 - I wish I could get the non-XL Herborizer with the temp control
Maybe you can :) (e-mail Sebastian and ask?).
HL7 - maybe someone could convince me that temp control is not important.
For me temperature control is key.
Wish I could expand, but no time at hand
Also, check out the DeVerdamper man ( :2c: ) :peace:

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Just to clarify, the heat injector for the Herbo is the same for every single unit so I am assuming that you can get any model with temperature control. I'm not sure if you thought the XL had a special larger heat injector but from my understanding, the heat injector is a standard piece and only the glass pieces are different. Maybe Marcuss can help clarify.

To Survivalism's point, the herb never combusted in my Herbo but the ABV was a fairly dark brown. While I do like thick vapor hits, I thought that whatever temp my Herbo was set at was high enough where I could sense a little bit of "smokiness' in the vapor and I just prefer the taste of lower temp flavor. While I can control my inhales to get the type of vapor I want, having a way to adjust the temperature is definitely a feature that I covet.

stonemonkey55,

Beezleb

im the same away about the temperature control. Depending on the type and moisture of the weed I may adjust the temp. I adjust the temp as I vape and it does make a difference but I like to get all I can from my plant material rather than leaving and extra something in the abv.

Beezleb,

marcuss

above the clouds
My :2c:?
Herbo won the cup because it is really an incredible vape...I can't understand why so much people buy the Cano without any complaint about the high price and when come to the Herbo start to say it is so expensive......it is a piece of art that works like a bomb so where is the problem?
Quality costs!

marcuss,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
I don't think that's what people were criticizing, marcuss... I may be wrong, but the way I understand it people were criticizing the Cannabis Cup, not the Herbo. I don't think anyone has a beef with the Herbo...I mean, it IS expensive, but you are certainly right...quality costs. Usually...IMO, the PD is an exception that breaks the rule.

The Cannabis Cup, High Times Magazine, many different Seed Banks/Breeders...there's been a lot of accusations thrown around over the years, but there does seem to be some legitimacy to it: many of these people/organizations (the Cannabis Cup included, IMO) ARE truly corporate shills that are more in it for things like the status and money it can bring than to perpetuate factual information and support the Cannabis culture. I'm not saying that's true of EVERYONE involved in these organizations, but it is a theme that I see coming up again and again...and which is hard to deny when you really do view the huge amounts of money that are being made...especially in the seed business. Sorry to drag this OT guys, but I really did think that warranted defense. The Herbo looks beautiful and although 100% hands-free isn't my style, I would buy one of these any day before I would buy a 'cano. I just don't see how people were bashing it though.

partially veiled,

420Downunder

High Life 7 said:
Hi this is the OP.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. This really is a great resource--look how many people chimed in!

I guess there is no perfect substitute. I was thinking I might go with the Silver Surfer because it seems to get very high marks around here.

I wish I could get the non-XL Herborizer with the temp control, but maybe someone could convince me that temp control is not important. In that case, I think my budget could expand to get the Tube or the Sphere non-XL model. The size of the chamber is not really that important to me; I just want to be able to make sure I'm getting a good quality vapor. I do prefer the hands free design and the all glass philosophy.

Thanks again.
I love my Herborizer, personally I don't use the temp control even though I have one as I love the thick ass vapor, here's a pic of it without the temp control hooked up;
IMG_1046.jpg

420Downunder,

marcuss

above the clouds
As you said there isn't a cheaper copy but the SSV is a real big clouds maker!

PV i Know there are a lot of bullshits in this market!
High Life 7 said:
Hi this is the OP.

Thanks again.

marcuss,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
^

I know you do marcuss. I just thought maybe you misunderstood--I know it's not always easy to translate this stuff. My posts included (or perhaps especially). In fact, you're MUCH closer to the "action" in this market/industry than I am, or could ever really hope/want to be. Everything I know about this stuff is more or less hearsay, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that where there's lots of money to be made, there's people willing to lie, cheat and steal to get their hands on some of it. :2c: Hope everything is treating you well above the clouds :)

PS. Marcuss, you never really let us know what you think about the SSV!! You should say something in the thread!

partially veiled,

High Life 7

Hey, OP again.

I emailed the Herborizer guy--he was nice, but unfortunately you can't get the XL electrical component (the temp control) with the non-XL glass. With the dollar and all, price is just too high for me personally.

Now I think I'll prob go with the new VHW Heat Wand b/c it seems to be very similar all-glass concept and fortunately is just about to be released. Using my hands won't kill me.

Thanks all.

High Life 7,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i dont think youll be too dissapointed, from what i can figure, the vhw has a bit of an edge over the herbo in a couple aspects, mainly long heating path, so it will have a very stable temperature, and it uses the mass of glass around the element as a heat exchanger so it will most likely be very forgiving with the hit technique, and 150 preorder is a real steal for such engineering and craftsmanship

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom