Anyone need a 116 dollar HP touchpad 16gb? Very limited time

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
My question is why are they selling them so cheap? I read a story that HP is selling a lot of its divisions, including the PC division. That makes me worry about tech support. Especially since I just bought an HP ProBook! :)

Vicki,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
ugh I hate u :lol: I have a problem passing up on insane deals even if its something I don't really need. Damn thats a steal.

saving for a cloud, saving for a cloud, dont by shit you dont need lol

JDSupreme,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Someone else mentioned these being blown out cheap at Staples too. Not sure what deal is.

Lo,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
The HP touchpad line is discontinued. Won't be made any more.

Don't buy them. Please

Tom

tdavie,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol.. Coming from you Tom, If I was considering you'd have me reconsidering. I am not buying :D

Lo,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Lo said:
lol.. Coming from you Tom, If I was considering you'd have me reconsidering. I am not buying :D

I'll qualify my remarks somewhat. HP is selling off their entire PC division. Supposedly they are going to concentrate on WebOS/software offerings. So HP won't be selling any more Touchpads. But if say trhe hardware was sold to Microsoft, MS could sell Touchpads.

Buy HP ain't :) If you believe sales reports, approx 25-40,000 Touchpads have been sold.

Tom

tdavie,
Sorry for those who checked and didn't get in.

Those who are naysaying need to check out the reviews of the Touchpad, which are actually very positive both about the unit and its operating system. The OS' multitasking is supposed to way ahead of IOS and it's a quality piece all around. There's also an android OS patch in the works, so hopefully within a few months it'll just be another bitching Android tablet.

charliedontsurf,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
charliedontsurf said:
Sorry for those who checked and didn't get in.

Those who are naysaying need to check out the reviews of the Touchpad, which are actually very positive both about the unit and its operating system. The OS' multitasking is supposed to way ahead of IOS and it's a quality piece all around. There's also an android OS patch in the works, so hopefully within a few months it'll just be another bitching Android tablet.

Yeah, I just caught this. I can also attest that the HP touchpads are solid devices, but they havent been around long enough to have a known longevity. That presents an issue, when they will no longer be supported, etc...

Purpl3_Haz3,

lvl10troll

I tried catching this on the day of, B&N had a stock, ordered one around 7:30. Billed, came home from work and saw a email notifying me of a cancellation.

I was bummed out haha.

lvl10troll,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
There's a whole hacker community that will keep the TouchPad going. Its a very capable device and what you're getting for $99 (16gb) and $149 (32gb), even if its completely obsolete in a year (it won't)... its a steal at those prices. That's why if you walked into any store the Saturday after they announced on Friday the price drop... you couldn't find any. Most people that did, had to drive to 3 or 4 stores before they could find them.

Best Buy, is rumored to have thousands in their inventory, but is holding onto them right now. Most expect some sort of Black Friday blowout event.

BigDaddyVapor,

treecityrnd

You won't get a cheaper apacitative touchscreened 1.2 ghz dual cored tablet. Now that its rooted and you can flash an Android ROM, those duel cores are really moving nicely. Also nice to get rid that bloated WebOS. Or at least you can overclock the WebOS. Check out XDA forums if you want to unlock the true power of your new hardware. In no way is this an endorsement of XDA, just trying to help out those with a HP TP. There are plenty of other development forums out there; some better, some worse.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1245

treecityrnd,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I sent our oldest son an email this morning (he's Navy), asking if they stopped in any of the electronic/$$$ friendly ports, to look at pads, esp the TouchPad. Told him what's going on and see if he can fish some up. Didn't think about it before today. Hope I caught him before/if they hit Hong Kong.

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom