1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Any interest in a community collaboration to develop a vape?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by Herb-nerd, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Herb-nerd

Herb-nerd 7th Floor: Engineer & Designer Company Rep

Hey guys as you may know i worked for 7th floor however i have decided to go my own way while stil helping with some CS issues.

I have developed many prototypes and concepts (NOTE: i did not design the sidekick) including a herbalizer competitor that i developed for my university theisis.

The one thing i lack is some people with other skills.

I can simulate the thermal aspects of extraction in software, design the unit, code the MCU etc however i cant craft to save myself.

I have a few idea's for both desktops and portables so if anyone has anything to offer or is interested in quitting a job - hit me up!

2. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

What skills you looking for?

The Beagle and GreenHopper like this.
  3. Herb-nerd

Maybe it is easier to state what i bring to the table and what i lack:
    I am good with all the complex electronics etc but could use help from electrically minded people also in terms of design input and maybe production.
    I would need someome well versed with glass
    also with woodworking and finishing

A physicist or a mechanical engineer is always of assistance too.

But mostly i need to get a solid idea off the ground that is both achievable yet the best it could be.
    After some small funding for a prototype then some larger money may be required.

We could have a few of us working and taking a cut and keep it small on here or we could try get funding elsewhere.

The Beagle likes this.
  4. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

Is this an open source project?

Are you starting a company/business?

Are the location requirements or expectations?

Are you looking for full time input?

You might want to put a small brief together. If you are going to be looking for further investment from people (cash or time) you need to have a fairly well defined idea of what you are trying to do.

Just asking some obvious questions, sorry if I'm over stepping the mark.

Sounds exciting, I wish you all the best.

The Beagle and Morty like this.
  5. Herb-nerd

You are correct - this is just the spitballing stage.

I would prefer open-source through and through - though i would also make sure me and my colleages make a wage.

The location requirements would be completely dependent on the vape design and the production process.
    We could have people making particular parts (wood, metal, glass) all over. It would be the assembly that would require a location i guess.

Not full time input, unless the prospects seems to be full time employment.

This is far from a business pitch (i am not that guy, i just make shit that sells it-self rather than pitch under a fecade)

Also, my skin is as thick as my cock so please fire away!

stickstones and The Beagle like this.
  6. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Sure, sounds loads of fun. At the very least it'll be fun picking your ideas apart......

On line (public) or not, please KMA?

Thanks.

OF

Squiby likes this.
  7. Herb-nerd

Picking my ideas apart?

As in worst case scenario you can try prove your belief that you are superior ?

OF likes this.
  8. OF

OF Well-Known Member

If you insist.......

Otherwise I'm happy to hold your coat.

Regards,

OF

9. Herb-nerd

I am not sure if i am missing the tone of this or just misread a benign statement.

OF likes this.
  10. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm having a bit of fun with our common language and not being clear. And probably making too many assumptions.

Yes, your concept seems fun. I'm up for it and am confident I can contribute at least in some small way. And yes, if at no better place than to 'pick apart' a proposed/released design in an attempt to foresee production and field issues, that's cool too.

Clear enough?

You know we should have pinched someone else's language. Even those of us who speak it often don't understand what the other fellow is saying, even while looking at him. You know, early on, folks here were kinda anti Brit? You've probably heard of it. Story is we came mighty close to picking German......imagine where that might have gone. Street names as long as your arm and all......

Please KMA.

Regards, and BEST WISHES,

OF

11. Herb-nerd

HAHA indeed!

Brits tend to presume saracarm/criticism

OF likes this.
  12. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Easy to hate people like that, isn't it?

BTW aside from enjoying your national beverage, have always loved the idea of the Romans pressing North until they ran into near naked Scots attacking in the snow? Rightly decided that must be the edge of civilization.....so, in finest Roman manner built a wall across the island to keep the barbarians they couldn't simply overwhelm and absorb like everyone else seriously outside in the cold. Now that's arrogance on a grand scale. You're going to pay a couple thousand soldier to go to the other end of the known world and stand around a look Roman? Gotta love it! I had to see it. It only took me 30 years or so from the time I learned about it until I finally stood on it. Very strange feeling.

Sorry to ramble, no charge for that. But back on the topic, yes there's a lot to hate the Brits for, the language is really the least of it. And so traditional. Even before 1066, the French didn't like them on 'their side' of the channel now did they? And not to forget the Irish.

And they way the press gangs tended to crew their ships........yeah! That too. And they drive on the wrong side of the road......

They have made some inroads in brewing, of course. Even if they haven't got the temperature bit right yet. And "Lucas Electrics" in their cars proves the Brits are not without a sense of humor?

Please KMA on your venture, sounds fun from 8 time zones West.

OF

13. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer

They have a royal family with german ancestors. They must have a lot of humor! ;)

OF likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors