Anvil by Vestratto

bobothevaper

I recently acquired the USA and found it to he a bit too airy for my liking. The Simrell FMJ opened up a bit will fit over the airholes of the USA, and allows the airflow to be choked down a bit for MTL hits.

Looks like I messed up the description on imgur, I meant USA airflow reduction

Cheers all
Wait, wait, wait. Flare? Tell me more? Does it work with our anvilles?

bobothevaper,
Reactions: Old_muel

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I recently acquired the USA and found it to he a bit too airy for my liking. The Simrell FMJ opened up a bit will fit over the airholes of the USA, and allows the airflow to be choked down a bit for MTL hits.

Cheers all
I only just saw that... I have 2 FMJ's and something to try

dudeguy

A USA can be used with a WPA like this.

The opposite isn't true - if you go with a WPA, there's no way to attach that to a stem.

Unless you have issues with the airflow of the USA I don't think there's any question that the USA is a better expenditure of dollars cos it's more versatile.

Nice yes I think going USA makes more sense then.

buy an integrated stem and an xl mouthpiece, then you can go native as well.

Hm or I might just go with the base kit instead and get a USA or XL mouthpiece later. They have a pretty nice sale going for the base kit here: https://lacentralevapeur.com/en/portable-vaporizers/23194491-anvil-vestratto-thermocore.html which is very tempting...

But one important thing I forgot, I will only use it with the Wand... does the Thermocore really work reliable with it? I wouldn't like to wait for 2 heat circles.

dudeguy,

Comfortably Numb

At 2:00 EST today Sneaky Pete and John Mumford of Vestratto will discuss The Forge induction heater on Youtube live
Have not seen announcement here...The Forge probably deserves its own thread

Comfortably Numb,
Reactions: nicknobody

Roffa

Nice yes I think going USA makes more sense then.

Hm or I might just go with the base kit instead and get a USA or XL mouthpiece later. They have a pretty nice sale going for the base kit here: https://lacentralevapeur.com/en/portable-vaporizers/23194491-anvil-vestratto-thermocore.html which is very tempting...

But one important thing I forgot, I will only use it with the Wand... does the Thermocore really work reliable with it? I wouldn't like to wait for 2 heat circles.
That's how I did it. My Anvil is the Anvil of Theseus: only the condenser is still the original one I got with the first user edition. Everything else has been swapped. I bought the USA so it would give me the adapter and a thermocore oven. I love the thermocore with the wand. It's extremely easy.

dudeguy

That's how I did it. My Anvil is the Anvil of Theseus: only the condenser is still the original one I got with the first user edition. Everything else has been swapped. I bought the USA so it would give me the adapter and a thermocore oven. I love the thermocore with the wand. It's extremely easy.

Great, sounds like a good plan :D

dudeguy,

leanpubpackage

tried using a blazer big shot to heat my thermocore. pointed it right at the center of the belly and got to click in 12 secs with the half bowl. pleasantly surprised by the roast and the more convection leaning signature. may be the way I heat this bad boy moving forward...

John did a stream with Sneaky Pete yesterday, they talked about the Forge. I only briefly skimmed through it, but John said they would be bundling the first 100 Forge units with Anvil units and other accessories, before making it available on a standalone basis. He also said they haven't set a price yet for the standalone units. Sounds like these initial bundles may be available for 4/20. The final case design will be black, not red.

One other thing to note, John revealed there's another induction powered vape coming called the "Tornado," which he is apparently positioning as a Sublimator killer. Very interesting...

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
John did a stream with Sneaky Pete yesterday, they talked about the Forge. I only briefly skimmed through it, but John said they would be bundling the first 100 Forge units with Anvil units and other accessories, before making it available on a standalone basis. He also said they haven't set a price yet for the standalone units. Sounds like these initial bundles may be available for 4/20. The final case design will be black, not red.
bugger, I have about everything ... except the forge :p I don't need to buy anything else.... :(

VapingYogi,

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Glad I held off on the Thermocore just for a bit, now I have no excuses :smug:

Time to Forge ahead :science:!

Does the mouthpiece get warm at all during use with the Anvil?

Still getting bizarre spontaneous combustion events on my Anvil but I talked to the guy that sold it (a aussie reseller) and he mentioned there was some problems with some bowls about the time I bought the Anvil... I'm guessing I have a dud and it didn't really matter until I used the ThermoCore oven.
I can go back to back without it getting uncomfortable to touch, the mouthpiece never really gets hot, thanks to the thermal break provided on the USA. It also fits the stem flat and perfectly with no orings being shoved out of the interface, you really don't want that on an Anvil.

I have never combusted using my Ronxs torch with the Anvil unless one of two things occurred.
1) I went past the second click
2) The flame size was longer than the oven itself.

So it is likely if you were getting combustion outside of these two things, there was probably something off with the bowl. Both my XL and my Regular bowls click at the same time, I know this because my partner and I usually hit our Anvils together and the clicks are incredibly in sync most of the time using the same torch.

Stonedbadger

Has anyone else manged to accidently push the screen through on the regular cap? I was trying to clean the bowl and have ended up pushing the screen right through, but now I cant get it out...

Any advice on how to get the screen out??

With curved tweezers.

Yeah my problem is that now the screen is flat against the top of the cap and I still cant get it out.

Any other tips? Its very frustrating, will have to buy a whole new cap because the screen is stuck

Stonedbadger,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Yeah my problem is that now the screen is flat against the top of the cap and I still cant get it out.

Any other tips? Its very frustrating, will have to buy a whole new cap because the screen is stuck
Do you have an eyeglass screwdriver?
If you can find one small enough, put it in middle hole of screen and give it a little twist and it should free up the screen

someTooL

2 years this week. Thank you Anvil.

John’s interview was exciting to hear of further developments. Very curious (as all) for the Forge.

someTooL,
Reactions: Jill NYC

condition

The curved tweezers should act like a hook, if it is thin enough it will pass through the openings of the CCD. You can also heat the cap first and hold it with a magnet.

SonicBacon

Wait, wait, wait. Flare? Tell me more? Does it work with our anvilles?
Hi Bob, yes the Flare works with the Anvils for the most part. The Founders and Users edition seem to work better than the Thermocore oven does, and all 3 versions benefit from using an FMJ/Vaphit silver collar to draw the most power from the Flare. It senses the max wattage that any oven can draw, and with the FMJ it is able to draw an extra 20 watts or so depending on its mood/battery level.

I have been satisfied with the results so far and I think it will be a viable alternative to the Forge.

SonicBacon,
Reactions: Cheebsy

SonicBacon

Cheers all
I must have been high as the sky when I posted this, it has absolutely nothing to do with the USA, :doh: and is reducing the airflow from the Thermocore oven, here is how the other side looks

BreadStick

Anyone see Vestratto's 420 IG post? The Forge bundle includes something called the "tornado" for $420 is this the new Vestratto device?

Last edited:
BreadStick,
Reactions: Easywider

leanpubpackage

while I am super excited about the forge and the tornado, i’ll sit this drop out and wait for the refined product. thermocore is an absolute unit of a vape, but it took some time to get to this point. going to let john cook a little longer

What i appreciate about the forge for the time being is the ultra fast heat up, which I have since been able to accomplish consistently with the blazer big shot

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
while I am super excited about the forge and the tornado, i’ll sit this drop out and wait for the refined product. thermocore is an absolute unit of a vape, but it took some time to get to this point. going to let john cook a little longer

What i appreciate about the forge for the time being is the ultra fast heat up, which I have since been able to accomplish consistently with the blazer big shot
Agreed, I was willing to take a shot on the forge but I'll definitely practice a little bit more patience on the Tornado, I'm sure it slaps, but we know practically nothing about it, even if this costs me some more $$ down the line. The 100 available on 420 will sell quick, and I'm excited to hear their feedback. Anyone planning on grabbing the bundle?

Vapetothegrave,
Top Bottom