Anvil by Vestratto

Hey all. Thinking about grabbing the WPA kit and was wondering if others here have experience with it and would either recommend or sway my decision?

A little bit of context: I have a TM2, a Simrell MVS and a Flowerpot B1. I use them all interchangeably. I’ve found my high to hit me a lot harder when I’m using my MVS vs my TM2, so I was thinking maybe grabbing an Anvil with the XL bowl and I might get knocked out, which is great.

So I was curious about reviews on the WPA kit, if I should wait for a possible 4/20 deal, and also what torch do you recommend for this? Some research has shown the Blazer Big Shot GT8000 to be a general favorite for a good price, but I’m not sure if that would be overkill for the Anvil. Would love to know what solid torch I should aim to get as well.

Thanks!

Blazer Firefox is the torch to get IMO.

noobvaperct

I used the Anvil for months just with the Honest lighters that DV sells....but for the past year and a half or longer have used the Blazer Firefox Mini.
Made in Japan...trigger lock...
Still carry the Honest lighters when out fishing though
The Blazer Firefox Mini it is! I’m also thinking about getting new glass as well. I have been looking at that Mega Cell on Vgoodiez. Hopefully some of these vendors have a 4/20 sale because I’m here to try this out!

noobvaperct,

Kirudub

WPA/Blazer Firefox user here as well; it takes around 35 seconds for the first click, but it's a bit noisy IMO (turbulence from the jet flame). Using it with a HVY Glass beaker bong*.

As a long time DynaVap user, I do find that the WPA is not as flavorful (I'm heating it near the bottom, so that might be why, will experiment when I have ganja to spare), but man are the hits dense. Face-obscured-by-clouds dense.

I'm using the smallest bowl (.05g), but might buy the .1g once the Anvil heater starts shipping (cough, cough, hint, hint).

*I like easy-to-clean glass, and beakers are easy!

David Root

I put my beaker bong in the dishwasher upside-down It comes out like new.

Mostly using the small bowl like a pinch hitter.

David Root,

noobvaperct

WPA/Blazer Firefox user here as well; it takes around 35 seconds for the first click, but it's a bit noisy IMO (turbulence from the jet flame). Using it with a HVY Glass beaker bong*.

As a long time DynaVap user, I do find that the WPA is not as flavorful (I'm heating it near the bottom, so that might be why, will experiment when I have ganja to spare), but man are the hits dense. Face-obscured-by-clouds dense.

I'm using the smallest bowl (.05g), but might buy the .1g once the Anvil heater starts shipping (cough, cough, hint, hint).

*I like easy-to-clean glass, and beakers are easy!
Someone please correct me, but it sounds like you can get more flavorful hits if you aim the torch at the middle or top part of the anvil? Have you tried that and it still doesn’t taste the best?

BreadStick

Someone please correct me, but it sounds like you can get more flavorful hits if you aim the torch at the middle or top part of the anvil? Have you tried that and it still doesn’t taste the best?
Yeah you can heat the upper parts of the anvil for a lighter more flavourful hit. However you probably won't get the one heat extraction alot of people use the anvil for, especially if you're looking for a dark roast. It's not what the anvil is really optimised for, I think you'd find the anvil will pair really well with something convection heavy like the lotus if you want something for flavour and something to knock you out. You could even get the half bowl for the anvil to try keep the amount you'd be consuming the same?

Roffa

For me the sweet spot is to micro-dose in the xl bowl in such a way that I can get full extraction and a mid-brown roast in one hit. I do this with the Ispire Wand that I've set to 410C as a timer setting. I use a very precise dremel torch if I want to have an even more intense hit. I aim at the thermal battery at the bottom of the oven. It'll take some experimenting to find the sweet spot for you.

noobvaperct

Yeah you can heat the upper parts of the anvil for a lighter more flavourful hit. However you probably won't get the one heat extraction alot of people use the anvil for, especially if you're looking for a dark roast. It's not what the anvil is really optimised for, I think you'd find the anvil will pair really well with something convection heavy like the lotus if you want something for flavour and something to knock you out. You could even get the half bowl for the anvil to try keep the amount you'd be consuming the same?
Understood. I’m pretty set on the WPA kit honestly. Just waiting for the 4/20 sale and I’m grabbing it!

AndyO

I clean my Anvil in iso pretty much every day (I use it a lot), but the cap and oven are still getting real dark from the flame.

I think I've seen on here that you can clean it with vinegar(?) - but my question is whether you actually need to do that. It's only aesthetic, right? The iso is all I need to clean it?

AndyO,
I clean my Anvil in iso pretty much every day (I use it a lot), but the cap and oven are still getting real dark from the flame.

I think I've seen on here that you can clean it with vinegar(?) - but my question is whether you actually need to do that. It's only aesthetic, right? The iso is all I need to clean it?

I think it's just aesthetic. I tried shining my oven up with barkeeper's friend one time, and it worked, but I never bothered doing it again. I don't really mind the patina. Iso is sufficient for cleaning.

Nebelmann

After a deep cleaning yesterday, my Anvils feels somehow more restricted and is giving less or slower vapour.

Tried it with different bowls, removed the spiral, changed the screen in the condenser.

The clicks seem to be more subtle, they sound normally when cooling down tho. Tried it with airports all closed and open

The bowls haven't been in ISO, only the other parts. No clogged parts.

Any ideas? Have no second core to test it with.

EDIT: found post #5910, as I had the problem before. Cleaning the bowls with hot water and a little ISO helped, much better airflow again.

Last edited:
Nebelmann,

condition

The ronxs torch that Anvil's maker initially recommended, fires the thinest flame of all similar size torches, but the flame slowly reduces. Approximately 30 seconds later it almost loses 30% of the flame power. The Blazer cannot fire so small and thin flame but it keeps it steady during these 30 secs. It also holds more butane. Ronxs may give better control of the heating and is cheaper.

condition

Older USA are compatible with the Thermocore and fit Dynavap WPAs like this: https://www.sneakypetestore.com/pro...rsal-dynavap-adapter-1?variant=32756015628369, right?

Edit: I found some Thermocores in Europe now so I guess I pick together my own kit... all I need is the Thermocore, XL oven and the USA I guess? :)
In my opinion, instead of the USA get the Anvil's WPA. It seems to me unnecessary complicated to attach the thermocore to the USA and the USA to DV's glass adapter, in order to use the Anvil with glass. Also too much space before the glass. If there is available, also get a small cylinder made by Anvil that converts the 14 WPA to 18 WPA.

condition,
Reactions: dudeguy

dudeguy

Yes I am debating USA or WPA but because I also might get a revolve gen 2 later or a Tempest I figured the USA might be more future proof. But I will wait for 4/20 anyway and hopefully one of those Kits will be available in EU by then to make the decision easy :D

dudeguy,

AndyO

A USA can be used with a WPA like this.

The opposite isn't true - if you go with a WPA, there's no way to attach that to a stem.

Unless you have issues with the airflow of the USA I don't think there's any question that the USA is a better expenditure of dollars cos it's more versatile.

Roffa

Yes I am debating USA or WPA but because I also might get a revolve gen 2 later or a Tempest I figured the USA might be more future proof. But I will wait for 4/20 anyway and hopefully one of those Kits will be available in EU by then to make the decision easy :D
buy an integrated stem and an xl mouthpiece, then you can go native as well.

Roffa,

Stonedbadger

Has anyone else manged to accidently push the screen through on the regular cap? I was trying to clean the bowl and have ended up pushing the screen right through, but now I cant get it out...

Any advice on how to get the screen out??

Stonedbadger,
Top Bottom