rozroz

my first try was with the F2 capsule, at 420f
wanted to get a full blast.
well, using the mouthpiece it's not worth it at these temps.
got the job done but bad experience.
too hot for my lips. got 1-2 decent clouds. terrible taste.

i suspect it can be decently used at much lower temps (400 tops? even less),
as @ginolicious says, 340F is the Ambit's 360F, so that makes sense.
but i don't think it's much fun besides getting those 1-2 good hard hits.
the F2 can be used at 430F for a whole session without discomfort with the mouthpiece,
and much better taste.

i think this will only be my backup. F2 still better at all departments.

rozroz

That's no good @rozroz , is it a metallic taste or silicon?

i think i got rid of all the factory smells and taste.
it wasn't a specific taste. just too hot and uncomfortable to even taste anything..
get what i mean? i'll have to further investigate.
but to be on the safe side i wont do higher than 395f on this.
which is a crappy situation for what it is.
if a vape cannot provide functional high temps it's crappy.
regretting wasting money on this one.
should have saved my dough for something better in future.

rozroz,
Reactions: Stinky

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I would try to work out a temp that is getting your avb to a medium to well cooked look and not worry what the temp gauge says, maybe save flat out for a bong after the vape has 'seasoned' a bit. Some vapes can hang on to a manufacturing smell for some time after the first use, even with burn offs...re the original Fury, fived in F2. Tera V1 fixed by V3. All these vapes usually got better after a bit of use but that does not help a lot of people (or sales):tup:

rozroz

I would try to work out a temp that is getting your avb to a medium to well cooked look and not worry what the temp gauge says, maybe save flat out for a bong after the vape has 'seasoned' a bit. Some vapes can hang on to a manufacturing smell for some time after the first use, even with burn offs...re the original Fury, fived in F2. Tera V1 fixed by V3. All these vapes usually got better after a bit of use but that does not help a lot of people (or sales):tup:

oh i see.. got spoiled by the Fury, so this is kind of a let down.
unfortunately my only use is with the mouthpiece on the go..
so if i'll settle on a range of temps that produce better experience,
i'll be happier.
usually my main need is low temp microdoses, so it's not the end of the world.
just prefer to have better made vapes ;)

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
oh i see.. got spoiled by the Fury, so this is kind of a let down.
unfortunately my only use is with the mouthpiece on the go..
so if i'll settle on a range of temps that produce better experience,
i'll be happier.
usually my main need is low temp microdoses, so it's not the end of the world.
just prefer to have better made vapes ;)
I agree with @LesPlenty The temperatures on the screen on the Ambit seems significantly hotter than other vapes I own, in other words I can get great results at much lower temperatures. Keep in mind temperatures do not relate from one vape to another. Some are closer to actual temperatures than others. In my view the displayed temp is only a measure to allow you to repeat a good result, but that does not mean 420 degrees on the ArGo with a good result translates to the same on the Ambit.

Last edited:

Traveler

Just got a second-hand ambit off entexchange. Its not too bad, anything over 375 combusts (or comes veeeeery close to it lol) It wont replace my mighty, but it does work for really quick step outside sessions

rozroz

Just got a second-hand ambit off entexchange. Its not too bad, anything over 375 combusts (or comes veeeeery close to it lol) It wont replace my mighty, but it does work for really quick step outside sessions

So what is Ambit’s 375 equivalent to ‘real’ temperature? From your experience it’s like 50 degrees higher!
Who thought of these weird temps?
And why did they even bother going up to 446f Ffs??
I hope it’s not just a trick so people will feel more hits and get more clouds.. really weird.
And in the manual they recommend waiting another half a minute after countdown starts.. lol

ginolicious

So what is Ambit’s 375 equivalent to ‘real’ temperature? From your experience it’s like 50 degrees higher!
Who thought of these weird temps?
And why did they even bother going up to 446f Ffs??
I hope it’s not just a trick so people will feel more hits and get more clouds.. really weird.
And in the manual they recommend waiting another half a minute after countdown starts.. lol

Right after my vape heated I would it it instantly. I was getting a solid 5-7 full vapor hits at 170C.

CVC4455

I just got one of these Wednesday. I ordered it on Sunday so the free shipping was faster than I thought it would be. I really like this thing so far. This seems really good for a fast extraction! It did smell out of the box, I did 3 burn offs at 3 different temps. But the taste mainly went away after 2 bowls. It still seems to have a slight taste at much higher temps over 400 though but 400 seems too hot in this vape. I've found 370-385 seems to work best for me and it's done after the 120 seconds or sometimes I extend it by 30 seconds by clicking 3 times. It's only 2 days and it might be I just really like this because it's new. But I've had a sutra mini(fury) and got a free fury from a friend. The fury died awhile ago and the sutra mini still works but it's about 1.5 years old and has been used alot and the battery kinda sucks now. But so far I like the Ambit better than the fury. Just the quick 2-3 minutes for a full bowl is nice for me. On the fury it'd take me at least 4 minutes but probably 6 minutes to really feel like I was extracting everything usually. But the flavor definitely lasts longer with the fury. And I like how you can switch temps during a bowl on the fury and you can't do that on the Ambit, but it hasn't been that big of a deal so far. For the price I think this is a very good vape!

rozroz

i just did a microdose on 360 and it was fine.
avb was fit to the temp.
but 380 indeed seems like the edge here.

CVC4455

That's it I think. The vapor feels very much like the vapor from a vapcap for me

Yeah I agree. Seems like an electric vapcap hit.

One thing I don't like too much that I forgot to mention was the mouthpiece does seems to get dirty and sticky from being opened and closed alot

CVC4455,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
mine hits so much harder than my omnivaps. what temp are y'all using?

I love the hits, but hate the mouthpiece design. I gave a bunch a feedback before the release of how awful the design is, the sticky factor, etc. To minimize the sticky, I tend to leave the mouthpiece open always, even in my pocket.

Traveler

mine hits so much harder than my omnivaps. what temp are y'all using?

I love the hits, but hate the mouthpiece design. I gave a bunch a feedback before the release of how awful the design is, the sticky factor, etc. To minimize the sticky, I tend to leave the mouthpiece open always, even in my pocket.
Oh, mine definitely hits harder than my omnivap, but the quality of vapor seems really similar

rozroz

i don't really understand what happens when i draw before the heating complete...
as someone said somewhere, it's kind of convection while heating... can even combust.
so why does it have such an impact with this vape as opposed to other hybrids?
i almost extracted all my microdose before countdown.. with a good hit.
so are all hybrids basically like that? or the Ambit has some way of enabling this?

ohmygodimsohigh

i don't really understand what happens when i draw before the heating complete...
as someone said somewhere, it's kind of convection while heating... can even combust.
so why does it have such an impact with this vape as opposed to other hybrids?
i almost extracted all my microdose before countdown.. with a good hit.
so are all hybrids basically like that? or the Ambit has some way of enabling this?

the ambit seems to ramp up heat to the coil during the early heatup, probably to better heat-soak the casing around the coil for better convection. Funny that you can essentially use it like an on-demand vape and ignore the session interface.

rozroz

the ambit seems to ramp up heat to the coil during the early heatup, probably to better heat-soak the casing around the coil for better convection. Funny that you can essentially use it like an on-demand vape and ignore the session interface.

Hmm.. is that so?
You describe the Ambit as a piece of quality designed vape
They could have marketed it as a feature and ramp up sales!
I wonder if it’s safe to do, not ruining the coils or wires or something.
I also noticed the air path is not sealed..
Air still comes in when blocking.

Well this is very good news because it gives great taste at that heatup stage.
If only that mouthpiece was a bit better made and designed.

Last edited:

rozroz

Did you get the WPA?
Can a keck clip be used to hold a small j-hook to the vape?

sorry i only use it as is

i didn't intend to describe it as "quality"

I wouldn't say that it's NOT, but for me the Ambit still carries some "hmmmmm" feelings.

It works well, but I can taste the coil a bit and the sounds it makes are straight up weird.

oh ok, maybe that's the bit of weird taste i get. i thought it was from the mouthpiece.

Last edited:

Chingas

If I had to give this thing a grade it would be WTF? Weird vape man. Load a bowl at 375 and wait for it to heat up and soak a bit. Inhale and get rekt. Wow! This sucker packs a punch. Load it again and go to 385. Try hitting it as it heats up to get dem terps. First hit is nice, second hit is fucking combustion. dafuq?

I've learned to fear the orange glow. It's just pumping heat like crazy. A bit of a wild child. The rest of the time it actually does yeoman's work at extraction. Not much on flavor but the first hit can be good. The Ambit certainly punches above its price.

I'll echo others, it feels like an electric vapcap with a bigger bowl. Strong extraction, good but declining flavor & the eternal dread of "oops, I combusted." It's smart to design it to accept Fury accessories. It's always good to have a capsule option and the insert able glass pieces bring even more options. Options that have a bit of a built in protection against conduction coming in from the sides due to the glass stem.

My favorite way to hit the Ambit is with the Fury mini bubbler. No water. Water's more of a pain in the ass than anything in that piece. It's a vapcap sized load. Not the best since I don't care about microdosing, but I'll never look down on frequent green hits. Turn it up to ~385 and wait for the glow to subside and then insert the stem and enjoy. When I'm done with my hit i pull the stem out. The coil will glow again, just wait. Let it subside, reinsert & reenjoy. 3ish hits and it's done.

The exposed part of the load near the coil is darker but not too bad. This method holds flavor a little bit better while giving you strong hits in an easy to manage format. An interesting vape for free cheap. It's like a Fury and a vapcap got it on.

Fear the orange and all will be well.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
If I had to give this thing a grade it would be WTF? Weird vape man. Load a bowl at 375 and wait for it to heat up and soak a bit. Inhale and get rekt. Wow! This sucker packs a punch. Load it again and go to 385. Try hitting it as it heats up to get dem terps. First hit is nice, second hit is fucking combustion. dafuq?

I've learned to fear the orange glow. It's just pumping heat like crazy. A bit of a wild child. The rest of the time it actually does yeoman's work at extraction. Not much on flavor but the first hit can be good. The Ambit certainly punches above its price.

I'll echo others, it feels like an electric vapcap with a bigger bowl. Strong extraction, good but declining flavor & the eternal dread of "oops, I combusted." It's smart to design it to accept Fury accessories. It's always good to have a capsule option and the insert able glass pieces bring even more options. Options that have a bit of a built in protection against conduction coming in from the sides due to the glass stem.

My favorite way to hit the Ambit is with the Fury mini bubbler. No water. Water's more of a pain in the ass than anything in that piece. It's a vapcap sized load. Not the best since I don't care about microdosing, but I'll never look down on frequent green hits. Turn it up to ~385 and wait for the glow to subside and then insert the stem and enjoy. When I'm done with my hit i pull the stem out. The coil will glow again, just wait. Let it subside, reinsert & reenjoy. 3ish hits and it's done.

The exposed part of the load near the coil is darker but not too bad. This method holds flavor a little bit better while giving you strong hits in an easy to manage format. An interesting vape for free cheap. It's like a Fury and a vapcap got it on.

Fear the orange and all will be well.
I have never had to go above 360 F with my Ambit for full extraction and have yet to taste combustion with it. That said I have smelled the byproducts of combustion with it as if some herbs were making it all the way to the coil. Perhaps that is what killed @ginolicious ‘s beta unit?

Top Bottom