YaMon

Vaping since 2010
@mash or @ginolicious either of you guys smell more of combusted cannabis smell from your Ambit? While I do nothing I have combusted from this vape, I have noticed the odor it emits immediately after use is fairly strong and does smell like a burning joint..as opposed to some of my other vapes which may have a smell, but nothing so distinctive.

YaMon,

ginolicious

@mash or @ginolicious either of you guys smell more of combusted cannabis smell from your Ambit? While I do nothing I have combusted from this vape, I have noticed the odor it emits immediately after use is fairly strong and does smell like a burning joint..as opposed to some of my other vapes which may have a smell, but nothing so distinctive.

I think I’ve had a burning smell once or twice. Didn’t really make note of it as my abv always comes out brown and not black or ash like. Only noticed once or twice. If that.

Last edited:
ginolicious,
Reactions: YaMon

mash

I have only used it for the past few days.... when I was playing with the timer... I did notice that at 380-390 at say 4 mins some of the avb was really dark... just a few nuggets tho....but didn't seem burnt..

but overall... im pleasently surprised with this device.... it extracts very quickly......

mash,

mash

From all your remarks guys, it seems like this vape displayed temperature is lower than what it really runs at (ie. it really looks like it's running hot)

It would not surprise me.... but I thought someone mentioned here before that they tested it and it was pretty close.

I haven't played around with the temps much when extracting.... I know with my arizer devices... 380-390 was my sweet spot.... and I have the Alternate too from Vivant and always just used 382 degrees on that and it was fine.

Last night using the Ambit at 380 for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes was perfect.

This little device is perfect for a quick hitter... personal device to go about town... etc

mash,
Reactions: Summer

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I think I’ve had a burning smell once or twice. Didn’t really make note of it as my abv always comes out brown and not black or ash like. Only noticed once or twice. If that.
Same thing with my ABV, makes me wonder were the smell is coming from. Perhaps small grains of material are making it through the screen to the heater?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I mentioned running hot with my beta unit, but it really does not bother me as I have the temp dialed into my liking.

383 is my sweetspot. With chem, I get full extraction with one cycle and will combust if attempting a full second cycle. I've combusted at 384 on first cycle before...

Your milage may vary. So many factors: starting material, cure, humidity, draw speed, draw duration, etc.

mash

Can someone confirm that there is a space between the metal casing that holds the herb and top plastic rim....... seems like it should be flush but mine isnt.

mash,

mash

I really don't know how to post a picture here... do I need a host online to do it?

sorry

mash,

mash

IMG-20190707-182846.jpg

Justpassedu

My Ambit mouthpiece has rusted after a soak in soap and water for a few hours . The magnetic ring around the mp. I am guessing it is not safe to use ?

Justpassedu,
Reactions: CVC4455

mash

My Ambit mouthpiece has rusted after a soak in soap and water for a few hours . The magnetic ring around the mp. I am guessing it is not safe to use ?

Not sure using a rusted piece is healthy.... it does come apart I think.... wonder if they sell replacement parts. I've only used a qtip and alcohol to clean it so far. When it comes time to soak the mouth piece I guess I better take it apart.

Sorry to hear it rusted.... would of been nice if that piece was stainless steel....

Justpassedu

Not sure using a rusted piece is healthy.... it does come apart I think.... wonder if they sell replacement parts. I've only used a qtip and alcohol to clean it so far. When it comes time to soak the mouth piece I guess I better take it apart.

Sorry to hear it rusted.... would of been nice if that piece was stainless steel....
Well definitely be careful and don’t soak that metal ring .

DVision44

Got my WP adapter... The Ambit really shines through water IMO. Desktop power in a portable package.

DVision44,
Reactions: mash

Justpassedu

I only soak mouth piece in iso for no more than 5 minutes. Rinse. And air dry.
I usually do also but the same thing most likely would have happened with iso also. I left it to soak for a few hours while going to work and when I came back I had noticed the rust.

Justpassedu,

ginolicious

I usually do also but the same thing most likely would have happened with iso also. I left it to soak for a few hours while going to work and when I came back I had noticed the rust.

Ah. Yeah. A few hours will do that for sure I would assume. I don’t soak for that long due to being plastic. If entire mouthpiece was glass or stainless steel maybe I would soak.

mash

Ive been spoiled with arizer glass... soak them for weeks... haha... but then again.... I've had the Vivant alternate mouth piece soak for weeks and the crafty mp that I moded to work with the Alternate soak for weeks.

Never thought it did any damage to the plastic.. never noticed color change or anything like that

I wonder if @Vivant decided to have a better magnetic connection with the metal they used then going with something that wouldn't rust. I know nothing about metals and price... etc....

Probably a reason why the Ambit price is at a great price point for a portable device that hits like this one does.

On a side note..... isn't it kinda weird that representatives of Vivant are no where to be found on this thread or other places promoting it or answering qustions..... if it wasn't for @PlanetVape I would of never known about the Ambit

Hopefully @PuffItUp does a tear down like it was rumored to do..... like to know more about the characteristics of this devive

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
A few weeks in and the Ambit has become my go to for quick sessions. The garbage metal taste has mostly dissipated. There’s still a hint of it there if I’m being really nit picky which often I can be, but the taste isn’t bad enough to keep me away from the device.

I find it so easy to pop the mouthpiece, load, pop the mp back on, and clear a bowl in the two minutes allotted for the session. I’ve practically forgotten that you can add time to the session because even at 330 I get very dark ABV in two minutes. The vapor is absolutely voluminous too.

Even with the taste discrepancy, I find myself using the Ambit several times a week as needed for quick doses. In that role it is exemplary.

I’m still waiting on the WPA. They’re providing it for free so I’m not complaining but I am very eager to try this at higher temps through water. I suspect that will really make the Ambit shine.

naddude

Hi All: Has anyone tried different mouthpieces: i.e. Arizer stems, or Tera glass?
The Tera will handle an Arzer stem with the rubber gasket that comes with the Tera.
Personally I try and avoid plastic.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
The lids do provide a great seal, I've not seen a need to try anything else.

Imo the magnets help a lot in this regard. I just wish the straw was large enough to clean with a qtip.

I have given up all my plastic/metal/glass bias as I became more educated on vaping.

High grade plastics and metals no longer deter me and I'm so fucking glad! Open your world up to storz and bickel, minivap, ghost, lotus, and so many other heavy hitters.

naddude

The lids do provide a great seal, I've not seen a need to try anything else.

Imo the magnets help a lot in this regard. I just wish the straw was large enough to clean with a qtip.

I have given up all my plastic/metal/glass bias as I became more educated on vaping.

High grade plastics and metals no longer deter me and I'm so fucking glad! Open your world up to storz and bickel, minivap, ghost, lotus, and so many other heavy hitters.

Hi:

Respectfully I do not agree. First it's not possible for a plastic mouthpiece to taste as good as a neutral glass or ceramic one. Secondly IMO it's not safe to ingest fumes from heated plastic no matter whether it's "food" or "medically" "safe". It's well-known that exposure to solvents is a leading cause of blood cancers for example. And guess how plastic is made and what chemicals are used? So if you are happy with plastic that's fine. BTW Vivant had many issues with the Alternate and it's poor plastic, which has still not been sorted out as the bodies of that unit are still cracking.

However I am still interested if any one has tried to fit an Ambit with other mouthpieces that are NOT plastic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom