Am I weird in that I like the taste of ABV?

z9

I would say yes! but that's because I overdid it on cannabutter made from ABV before and I just can't stand the taste anymore. I can't even make abv cannacaps because the ABV burps get me every time. I almost insta-:puke: from the taste of vaped bud - even edibles made with unvaped bud are unsettling now. I vape to a dark brown then dispose of... so much wasted goodness :(

basement farmer

My face is melting...
I would say yes! but that's because I overdid it on cannabutter made from ABV before and I just can't stand the taste anymore. I can't even make abv cannacaps because the ABV burps get me every time. I almost insta-:puke: from the taste of vaped bud - even edibles made with unvaped bud are unsettling now. I vape to a dark brown then dispose of... so much wasted goodness :(

Please tell me you give it away?

basement farmer

My face is melting...
No.

Good bud, vaped to a lovely light brownish, makes for a particularly "toasty" tasting ABV. I'm planning on putting some oily ABV (made canna oil) into something for tonight's dessert... maybe chocolate.

Such an awesome way to fully consume something that I lovingly grew from seed. Alas, had the lovely ladies only had the chance to see the light of day.

I used to save it and give it away; in fact I have a jar of old ABV that I need to pass along but I generally vape my bud so dark these days I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it to anyone.

I'd gladly take it off your hands if the logistics weren't an issue. :ko:

Last edited by a moderator:

z9

I'd gladly take it off your hands if the logistics weren't an issue. :ko:
Trust me you don't want most of what I have, but I'd be happy to pass it to if logistics weren't. I hate the waste.

Same here. My vaped bud is very dark brown. By the time I get done with it, it tastes nasty.
Yes! Dark ABV tastes especially bad.

I love crushing up some lightly vaped herb & giving it a smell.
Like richly roasted herbal coffee.
I think you meant to say like blocked sinuses, sneezing fits, and irritated eyes :lol:

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Somebody recently made a thread about putting ABV in their OATMEAL.
I ragged on him because that sounded extremely disgusting to me.
Much to my surprise he got a lot of support from others who mentioned the added "nutty flavor".
:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A different member recently made a thread about "canna-banana bread".
Now THAT is something I plan on trying.
He put a lot of ABV in there and said it tasted great.
And OP please change the title of this thread.
Sound right it doesn't.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Sometimes I like to dump a bunch of AVB in my mouth w/ a spoon full of ice cream. <-- That is probably my favorite way. I'm not a fan of cooking w/ AVB, I just try to eat it whole w/ something fatty and or something w/ alcohol. It always works for good for me. :D

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Sometimes I like to dump a bunch of AVB in my mouth w/ a spoon full of ice cream. <-- That is probably my favorite way. I'm not a fan of cooking w/ AVB, I just try to eat it whole w/ something fatty and or something w/ alcohol. It always works for good for me. :D

That sounds really good to me. I'll have to try that. I just read Jahannum's oatmeal thread and that sounds good too.

I find it really interesting that some people are repulsed by the stuff while others find it delicious.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
That sounds really good to me. I'll have to try that. I just read Jahannum's oatmeal thread and that sounds good too.

I find it really interesting that some people are repulsed by the stuff while others find it delicious.
Well, I don't really mind the taste of AVB, but... Only WeirdO's would find it Delicious ;) :lol:
Lol, Just kidding, I totally get it..

The Ice Cream is nice and easy.. I think you will be happy w/ it.

Buildozer,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Another variable I haven't seen mentioned is texture. I can imagine some people actually being put off by the texture rather than the taste, and then blaming it on the taste... I think dealing with the texture of ABV is the hardest part when trying to mix it with other foods..

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper

I way over did it once when I was like 17 and ate about 5-6 grams of raw, dark ABV on a PBJ. I went skiing by myself and threw up off the chairlift, then went into the woods and threw up all over my white jacket. After a few more up chucks I just passed the fuck out in the middle of the woods for arounds 30 minutes and woke up freezing my ass off. Note, while this was happening I was the highest I had ever been in my life and I can guarantee you it is the highest I will ever be. It was like I was doped up on a ton of opiates or something. CBD overload! After I made it out of my frozen meadow I skied down to my car and slept in the drivers seat from 11am straight through 4pm when the mountain closed; I didnt wake up once :lol:. Now I'm conditioned to gag and almost throw up every time I smell or taste ABV it and also can't eat PBJs anymore which sucks ass! I just smoke that shit out of bongs now: ah to be young :rockon:!

Threefingerlid

This thread has inspired me to try some cooking with ABV. Years ago I often made brownies with herb and even tried a type of spiced Indian candy that should help to mask the flavour of ABV I believe. Have to dig it out of one of my old books as I noticed my bag of ABV is over 60 gms now!

Threefingerlid,

goatgobaahh

When I'm running low(which I am right now stupid non legal state) I reach into my bag of abv grab a pinch throw it in my EQ and hit it at like 215C and up.

I find it produces clouds but tastes pretty bad. However, I do get quite medicated AND it puts me to sleep!

goatgobaahh,
Top Bottom