All "Log Vape" Owners

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
My question is more for the late comers to logs, although evryone can chime in.

Why did you decide against a log vape the first time or two around? Or for the early adopters, is your log your daily driver still? Why or why not.

When I heard the term log vape during my discovery of this awesome community, it conjured up images of "old tech". Without the temp. control and bags I needed, they weren't even in the running. I'd hear "small loads" and "efficient", which to me, sounded like code words for unsatisfying and not for us long time combusters.

After returning to the glass spoon again, I decided a log might be what we needed. After the countless times of passing them up, I went through the log threads. After seeing the glowing reviews that kept popping up, I made the plunge. The only regret is not doing it sooner. I do not miss or even think about the tc or the bags. It is efficient enough it pays for itself, and powerful enough, I don't miss combusting. I still will on occaison, but only once since my log arrived and that was more of a test. I can see how it may not be for everybody (nothing is), but I highly suggest trying it before dismissing it. I wish I did.

Magic9,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I have only owned a log vape for about 2 months but will never look back. A MFLB was my first vape about a year ago(Same time I quit smoking) and about a week later I purchased a LSV. LSV was my daily driver until I got my WISPR and then they shared a dual role.....

Point is, once I got my first UD nothing else ever sees much action. I sold my LSV last week and the UD is now my go to. In fact, I now own three with a fourth on the way when the new set of Uber Twigs are ready.

Other vapes may come and go but my Underdogs are here to stay.

(The Cloud will definitely makes it way into rotation as well)

Gonzo,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
My only other vape has been the MFLB, but I really wanted to try a log vape for it's efficiency. I haven't touched my MFLB since! I have the aromazap and it hits very well, sweet pleasant hits that are aromatic and you can get a buzz off a small amount, not huge monsterous hits, but pleasant nice ones.

Elluzion,
Logs are awesome to me because they're artisan constructions, made in small quantities, with no two being alike. My Underdog B-Day vape is one of a kind, and it's wonderful feeling the actual grain of the wood when you pick it up, knowing one artisan worked on it for so long to marry it seamlessly with other pieces of raw material. My PD was the same. Logs have an undeniable artistic angle for me. At the same time, as much as I love them, I always end up thinking "You know what this log needs? A temp knob." Once you've had the wide temperature range that so many other vapes offer it's a real bummer to be hedged in at just one setting, maybe 2 if you are willing to run 13V, which is potentially harmful to the unit itself.

So my feelings about logs are mixed. Even if they perform to a very high quality like my 3/8" UD does, I still lament not having temperature controls, while still simultaneously appreciating their handcrafted qualities at all times.

charliedontsurf,

Nycdeisel

I pretty much hopped on that bandwagon as soon as i knew enough about what log vapes were to have a general idea how t use it

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Anyone who looks at my signature can tell I'm a fan of the log vape. I have every model of Zap there is from the original brass to the current CRZ. Love them all. And, while I occasionally will use my box vape for those heavy hits, my daily driver is a log vape; usually either the CRZ or the TT, which run at similar temps.

LOVE my log vapes! :D

momofthegoons,

Pcpvapors

My first actual home vape, I went with a CRZ. They're truly beautiful and work wonderfully. The only other vaporizer I have actually owned was the MFLB but it left much to be desired. I enjoy the simpleness of plug, pack, suck. No knobs, no fancy shiny readouts just a simple vapor milkshake. Although I still toss the thought around of adding in an SSV, I can't justify it because I have yet to make it through a stem in one sitting. It truly delievers everything I need medicinally with a flavor that's out of this world. I don't believe a log is a log so I may venture off to check out other beautiful works

Pcpvapors,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Logs are fantastic. My experience is with the Underdog specifically which IMO (biased but I have valid reasons too!) is the best log style vape out there. It is the least restrictive from what I've heard. In my experience it puts every other vape I've tried from volcanos to DBV to shame.

I never got one before because I heard people constantly telling me how "efficient" and I got the feeling it was basically a plugged in MFLB, good, but I never heard anyone say it was a heavy hitter.

Now my Underdog has made many combusters stop and stare in disbelief. I use less bud than my MFLB and get results I could never imagine with any other vape.

Yes it is incredibly efficient, but it will also knock you on your ass at the same time!

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
charliedontsurf said:
Logs are awesome to me because they're artisan constructions, made in small quantities, with no two being alike. My Underdog B-Day vape is one of a kind, and it's wonderful feeling the actual grain of the wood when you pick it up, knowing one artisan worked on it for so long to marry it seamlessly with other pieces of raw material. My PD was the same. Logs have an undeniable artistic angle for me. At the same time, as much as I love them, I always end up thinking "You know what this log needs? A temp knob." Once you've had the wide temperature range that so many other vapes offer it's a real bummer to be hedged in at just one setting, maybe 2 if you are willing to run 13V, which is potentially harmful to the unit itself.

So my feelings about logs are mixed. Even if they perform to a very high quality like my 3/8" UD does, I still lament not having temperature controls, while still simultaneously appreciating their handcrafted qualities at all times.

Just wanted to clarify a couple of things about your underdog for ya. The 13v is not harmful to the dog. It has an absolute MAX voltage of 14, but I'd suggest never going that high. Running your 3/8 UD at 13v is fine for it, but it is best to not sustain that temp for longer than needed. If I want to vape some pressed kief in my underdog I vape at 13 - 13.5 V, but you need to kind of just go about it and then turn it back down to 12v. It shouldn't be left on at 13v any longer than you need, but it will be perfectly fine if it is a reasonable period of time.

darkrom,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I also just want to add that their is a special connection you get only with log vapes because of their natural abundant beauty and works of art, it is amazing to me. I look at my oregon myrtle zap and it just amazes me everytime from it's beauty, i love just admiring it. This is something I never expected when going into owning a log vape, but it is a special bond. :2c:

Elluzion,

Nycdeisel

I will agree the bond achieved with a log vape is a great and beautiful thing :)

Nycdeisel,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Nycdeisel said:
I will agree the bond achieved with a log vape is a great and beautiful thing :)

I shall third that notion. It's probably because it is made out of something that was once living, and now we re-purpose it and it is more than just some plastics and metals molded in a warehouse in China.

darkrom,

Pcpvapors

I also have to agree with having a special bond. The different woods and grains all seem to have their own character and Appeal to different feelings. It's pretty nice finishing a session and just staring at the beautiful peice of art, not a metal or plastic housing like dark said.

Pcpvapors,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
^^ I get that. I often find myself staring at it (creepily?) with amazement and fondling it between hits. Sometimes I just pick it up to hold it. I still have my very first glass bowl (years ago) which definitely has some sentimental value, and in two weeks, my bond is already deeper with my CRZ lol.

Magic9,

DaProfessor

I skipped over log vapes the first time around because when I first got into vaporizers they were difficult to get. The PD was pretty much the only option & it was a little pricey for me at the time. Those were the only reasons at the time.

Right now, I think most first time buyers looking for a personal home vaporizer should go with one of the many log vapes now available. I think the only reason someone should look outside log vapes for a first purchase would be for some niche reason (ex. big hits, all glass, multi-user, etc.). It seems that most vape users end up purchasing multiple vapes and there is always room for a log. It should be your first since it will save you $$$ on herb, so you can buy more vapes :p

DaProfessor,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Awww! So nice to see you around Lwien ;) You've been missed!!!

Lo,

hunterthompson

When I first got a vape I was looking for something small, cheap, and I needed a portable so it was MFLB for me. Now that I've been able to use non-portables my CRZ has become my ideal vape. I couldn't imagine anything better suited for my needs. My MFLB seems to have gotten a permanent home in my closet.
I highly recommend everyone considering to just pull the trigger and get a log, you will not regret it.

hunterthompson,

OF

lwien said:
What's a log vape? :hmm:

Some sort of contraption for vaporizing logs sounds like to me. Although why a guy might wanna do that I can't fathom right now......

Prolly some cult behind it somewhere.

OF

OF,

THCMuscle

Initially I wanted all my vapes to be portable simply because I thought I'd be using it out of the house as much as in. After a year of only owning portables I was finally convinced by some guys in the chat to get a log (CRZ).

I use my RZ 95% of the time. I absolutely love it. Its simplicity, efficiency, taste, effectiveness, speed etc etc. Its my favorite vape hands down no contest. This style of vape is going to be my main vape for years to come.

THCMuscle,

kewpcer

I tried everything else first and then grudgingly tried the log. I now have 3 logs. Like Mom, I have both production zaps and the prototype RZ1. They just have a very convenient form factor for a couch potato. They are VERY glass friendly, as well.

Since the manufacturers are all USA based small businesses, the service you get with them is beyond top notch. Rarely is there such an open opportunity to develop a personal relationship with the "CEO" of your vape company.

It's just a very grounded and laid back experience in use and ownership. I highly recommend one.

kewpcer,

Bluesman

I bought the very first log vape produced, the Eterra Classic, around ten years ago. It is still going strong. This year I purchased a Woodeez as a back up, and I'm really enjoying it as well. I plan on picking up a Rockzap as soon as I scroung up some dough.
What I like about these vapes is their use of organic materials, ie, wood, and their simplicity of function.
It has radically tranformed my relationship with the herb. No more sneaking into the basement to fire up under an exhaust fan, followed by brushing my teeth 3 times to get the smell of combusted herb off my breath. Good grief, the thought of returning to combusting gives me the cold chills.

"Happiness...is a warm logvape."

Bluesman

Bluesman,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Bluesman, you've also come aboard at a time when the "log vape" has had some serious innovation. Good timing!

momofthegoons,

Bluesman

momofthegoons said:
Bluesman, you've also come aboard at a time when the "log vape" has had some serious innovation. Good timing!

Yup...my mojo been workin' real fine lately! :)

Bluesman,
Top Bottom