All "Log Vape" Owners

I know you're primarily looking for more experienced opinions, but I'll toss in my :2c: since the title does say "all" owners :)

I went from combusting to choosing the PD as my first vape. The most amazing thing for me is the efficiency. I just get a lot more out of the same amount of material, sometimes getting 10+ visible hits off a single stem with a good amount of kief.

The tactile experience is awesome as others have commented. The "warm-up" time associated with log vapes is a non-issue for me, since it runs 24/7 (as do the current-model UDs and RZs, not sure about TTs but I believe those are 24/7 as well).

It holds heat very nicely, and sort of works as an "in-house portable" in that I can unplug the unit, walk to another room and cash a stem while leaving it unplugged. Not sure what sort of window there is on this, but I'm guessing you could leave the PD unplugged for at least 5-10 minutes and still produce vapor.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I don't understand the argument that vaping is "more time intensive" or "more expensive" than combusting. I know some vapes require more time and effort to go from "off" to "operating and delivering a hit," but not log vapes. The process of sucking some material into the PD stem, placing it in the heat port, waiting 5-10 seconds and pulling is comically simple. It's really no more effort than packing a bowl, certainly less effort than rolling a joint.

OKcomputer,
I am really happy to have stumbled across the thread. I am getting close to purchasing my first home vaporizer and had all but decided on either the SSV or the DBV when I suddenly came across this. I'm thinking maybe a log vape would be the right choice for me. I typically vape by myself in my recliner while watching movies or cruising online. Every now and then, my wife joins me. I have an Iolite that I love for portable purposes, but I've been saving up for something that I can have at arm's reach and use throughout the evening. I had decided on the whip as my best bet, but this even seems more suited for my routine. Plus, I totally get the "special bond" thing. I could see that happening with me easily.

So I've read a lot about the UD and know it's well respected around here, but they all seem to hover at about $280, which I just can't do right now. The SSV is $215, which was at the top of my budget. Can I get a good log vape for <$200? How about the Aromazap? http://aromazap.com/ Any others?

TheDudeNextDoor,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
For the underdog vapes you can get one of the lost dog twigs (1/4'' core) for $150, or the regular ones for $175, imo those are a great deal :)

Elluzion,
Elluzion said:
For the underdog vapes you can get one of the lost dog twigs (1/4'' core) for $150, or the regular ones for $175, imo those are a great deal :)

Where can I find these? I can't find anything on their website about it.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
TheDudeNextDoor said:
I am really happy to have stumbled across the thread. I am getting close to purchasing my first home vaporizer and had all but decided on either the SSV or the DBV when I suddenly came across this. I'm thinking maybe a log vape would be the right choice for me. I typically vape by myself in my recliner while watching movies or cruising online. Every now and then, my wife joins me. I have an Iolite that I love for portable purposes, but I've been saving up for something that I can have at arm's reach and use throughout the evening. I had decided on the whip as my best bet, but this even seems more suited for my routine. Plus, I totally get the "special bond" thing. I could see that happening with me easily.

So I've read a lot about the UD and know it's well respected around here, but they all seem to hover at about $280, which I just can't do right now. The SSV is $215, which was at the top of my budget. Can I get a good log vape for <$200? How about the Aromazap? http://aromazap.com/ Any others?

Your usage is pretty close to mine it seems. I went with the HA (after originally deciding on an EQ) for my first purchase. At the time, I glanced at the PD, but it seemed "newer" is better. Loved the HA, but it wound up in the closet. Couldn't really leave it out (kid), and it used too much at a time. I decided to sell and looked further into the PD. It was then I found the CRZs (ceramic rock zaps). I had a concern with the PD as far as internal charring and the screenless heatport. The CRZ solved that (jury is still out on the charring, but I'm confident). One of the best purchases we've made. I had concerns that it wouldn't be "strong" enough to satisfy me (smoking long time), but I have zero complaints.

Actually traded the HA for a PD. One for each room. IMO, the CRZ outperformed it. Sold the PD to purchase another CRZ. I'm sure the other companies are great, but I wouldn't trade my CRZ for one. Any questions or anything, feel free to drop by the Zap thread. Lots of helpful people on there.

One thing I should mention again, I wouldn't use low quality product in logs. Easy to run multiple stems, but they are made for the mid-high grade herbs, IMO.

Magic9,
Magic9 said:
TheDudeNextDoor said:

Your usage is pretty close to mine it seems. I went with the HA (after originally deciding on an EQ) for my first purchase. At the time, I glanced at the PD, but it seemed "newer" is better. Loved the HA, but it wound up in the closet. Couldn't really leave it out (kid), and it used too much at a time. I decided to sell and looked further into the PD. It was then I found the CRZs (ceramic rock zaps). I had a concern with the PD as far as internal charring and the screenless heatport. The CRZ solved that (jury is still out on the charring, but I'm confident). One of the best purchases we've made. I had concerns that it wouldn't be "strong" enough to satisfy me (smoking long time), but I have zero complaints.

Actually traded the HA for a PD. One for each room. IMO, the CRZ outperformed it. Sold the PD to purchase another CRZ. I'm sure the other companies are great, but I wouldn't trade my CRZ for one. Any questions or anything, feel free to drop by the Zap thread. Lots of helpful people on there.

One thing I should mention again, I wouldn't use low quality product in logs. Easy to run multiple stems, but they are made for the mid-high grade herbs, IMO.

Glad to hear this! I've been looking at the CRZ, and they are gorgeous! Abd really reasonably priced also. I think I might have just found my vape.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
TheDudeNextDoor said:
Elluzion said:

Where can I find these? I can't find anything on their website about it.

email the owner, Dave (Underdog) directly through email and you can ask about them, i know most of the twigs he posted on FC from last week are claimed, he is making more this upcoming week too.

Elluzion,
Top Bottom