Alfa Vaporizer by goboof

I wouldn't be without my tamping tool. It's made from the bottom inch of a calpol plastic tube. For those not in the uk, this is the plastic syringe type thing that comes with liquid paracetamol for kids. I cut this off with a hack saw and the hole just needed widening very slightly. I tamp 3-4 times with each layer of herb until full. I then add the second screen and tamp that too. With a fine grind and care taken to pack well, I can get decent clouds and an oven that lasts really well. My Alfa loves very well cured and dry material best of all. One noteworthy observation is that it's best to avoid getting material into the gap where the door lock slider fits into as this does result in material making its way into the internals of the unit. I've had mine apart once to give the inside a decent but careful clean.
hey, how u did it ? have had my Alfa for 1 year now, just want to clean a bit, but without canceling the warranty :]

also, someone have found a case for our little hero ? cuz im having a hearth attack when i drop it :D

and +1 more tip for you guys, buy a Magic Flight Finishing grinder, its just PERFECT for our vape! really fine grinded material and super packed chamber.

Last edited:
Hawaiian,
Reactions: vapognak

jonnywinner

Have had my Alfa for a year. Been solid. Then at last use the on/off/temp wheel would just NOT turn off. It just wouldn't go past low to off. Absolutely impossible to move. I purchased it from @PuffItUp so I called them, explained the problem and asked if I should send to Goboof for repair. PIU said send it to them and they'd take care of it. PIU immediately emailed a FREE shipping label for the return. And in no time I had a NEW Alfa back to use. PuffItUp provided super service!

So an FYI on a problem I haven't seen noted with the Alfa before. And a shout out for the AWESOME service from PuffItUp! Thanks!

AJ900

Just got one of these, love it but unit gets hot as hell. This normal?

The unit does get fairly hot while running it on medium-high. But IMO it stays just below unbearable temperatures while in my hand. That being said, I've been thinking it would be nice to find some sort of sleeve to fit snuggly around the unit, to absorb some of the heat. If anyone knows of any such sleeve, do let me know.

AJ900,

murf2010

The unit does get fairly hot while running it on medium-high. But IMO it stays just below unbearable temperatures while in my hand. That being said, I've been thinking it would be nice to find some sort of sleeve to fit snuggly around the unit, to absorb some of the heat. If anyone knows of any such sleeve, do let me know.

Sold it lol

murf2010,

AJ900

Sold it lol

What can I say? I'm an honest man. I say it like it is. I really do love my Alfa, but if I can find a way to reduce the heat transfer to my hand, then I can love the experience of using it even more.

AJ900,

murf2010

What can I say? I'm an honest man. I say it like it is. I really do love my Alfa, but if I can find a way to reduce the heat transfer to my hand, then I can love the experience of using it even more.

It's a really fun little device I just prefer convection

murf2010,
Reactions: Bravesst

hinglemccringleberry

Just wanted to bump this as I'm a long time lurker, first time poster who loves this vape, and I've never had any problems in the 2 months Ive had it (knock on wood).

If you pack your chamber 2/3 to 3/4 full like I seem to do alot, it can be tricky to remove the top screen before dumping. The fastest tool that Ive found is the flat end of a small zip-tie. Much easier to deal with than the toothpick and you dont have to stab and fray the edge of the screen with a sharp point just to get the damn screen out.

How do you all feel about the high-ish temp range, or at least higher than others I've seen. Does it make for a harsh or burning hit?

There's a YouTube reviewer using a wire thermometer to test the real-world temps of several different flower vapes and the Alfa was one of them. The medium setting is actually only reaching the high 390's. And yes the oven door was closed. He was knocking the Alfa for it, but I think that's a GOOD thing. This whole time I've been wishing the medium temp was below 400. Also, his low temp was like 25F lower than Goboof's specs. It could barely hit 350 on low.
But to answer your question, I only use high at the tail end of a sesh for the last 2 hits or so just to fully extract whatever's left in the herb. It doesnt feel "harsh" to me, since this is my first vape and I smoked for decades. It's just harsh in comparison to low. The taste is what really goes out the window, not the smoothness.

Oh and to the guy asking about a good case for the Alfa, I just use a small steel Thermos. Its smell proof too. Vape goes into a sunglass bag first, maybe a little towel if you dont want it bouncing around, and I also throw my Clear Eyes in there.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes, after +20 months of use I can say I'm still pretty satisfied how this vape taste good and pulls out some thick clouds!

It's still my vape of choice for stealth vaping on the go!

PPN,
Reactions: Bvapst

hinglemccringleberry

One thing I noticed, I did a little "test" by bringing the battery to a full charge/green LED. Then I used it for around 8 total minutes. (2 short sessions). I turned it off and began charging it. It took ONE HOUR to reach the green LED again. Around 60 minutes of charge time for 8 minutes of use. So if it's around a 4 1/2 hour charge time, that's only around 36 minutes of use on 1 full charge. That's horrible... Unless I'm missing something? Does it consume more energy on heat-up compared to when it's just running at a constant temp??

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Mine took several hours to reach the green light from dead battery but I can get +60mn of vaping from a full charge....maybe a bit less now but still something very decent. Maybe your Alfa is faulty...

PPN,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Greetings all!

I know I am extremely late to the party with this one, but it's one of those project in the back of my mind that's been nagging me for a while to finish it

Allow me to introduce the 3D printed Alfa Poke-N-Tamp tool:
IMG_7583__91903.1472586199.1280.1280.JPG

Yup, I finally made the perfect tool for compacting the load to achieve optimal performance.

Any other product requests for the Alfa while I still have one in my hands? I'm all ears

hinglemccringleberry

Sweet concept. Or how about a version with a little slurpee scoop instead of a spike? ;)

This is my one and only vape right now so whenever I feel like hitting on something alittle classier and less stealth than the rubber MP, I bust out my cheap knockoff Arizer Air alternate stem. But I still have to use the Alfa MP to get it to mount up with the help of a whip snippet of the appropriate size.
It would be cool if there were gong adapters that fit perfectly in the Alfa MP hole, eliminating the rubber completely which would theoretically upgrade the taste (even though it's damn good as it is). Maybe they'd have to have a proprietary cut on the tip of the stem where it meets the vape to accommodate it better. Many of us have rigged glass to our Alfas in one way or another but we have to retain the rubber MP to get it to mount up.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

sickmanfraud

Greetings all!

I know I am extremely late to the party with this one, but it's one of those project in the back of my mind that's been nagging me for a while to finish it

Allow me to introduce the 3D printed Alfa Poke-N-Tamp tool:
IMG_7583__91903.1472586199.1280.1280.JPG

Yup, I finally made the perfect tool for compacting the load to achieve optimal performance.

Any other product requests for the Alfa while I still have one in my hands? I'm all ears

Nice job on the tamper.

I think I PM'ed you about this before, but maybe not.

I would LOVE a mouthpiece with more "height" The top of the vape gets uncomfortably hot on my lips. Another 1/2 inch to one inch should make the vape tolerable.

This is the piece I would like to see "longer" https://goboof.com/collections/spares/products/mouthpiece-set

For my part, the redesigned mouthpiece could/should be some sort of universal Song.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I would LOVE a mouthpiece with more "height" The top of the vape gets uncomfortably hot on my lips. Another 1/2 inch to one inch should make the vape tolerable.

This is the piece I would like to see "longer" https://goboof.com/collections/spares/products/mouthpiece-set

For my part, the redesigned mouthpiece could/should be some sort of universal Song.

Thanks! Indeed I had several requests over the past year or so asking for a tamping tool for the Alfa, but I was running into a "roadblock" on the design. Now that my CAD skills have improved a bit I was able to solve the issue in my mind and then go back to the software to actually build what I was trying to design all along haha.

Regarding the mouthpiece, I think I can help, I'll take some measurements and whip up a prototype

Delta3DStudios,

hinglemccringleberry

Nice job on the tamper.

I think I PM'ed you about this before, but maybe not.

This is what I run to solve that issue. I still use the stock MP for true on-the-go use, but I run this the rest of the time. Also gives me the bong upgrade path.

CNOq5nj.jpg

hinglemccringleberry,

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
Hello,
has anyone compared with Arizer Solo? Maybe I Arizer rid of. He does not want anyone to change it :-)

kilrtjat,

hinglemccringleberry

What is between the (Solo ?) gong and the Alfa?
A snippet from a whip tube cut to around 1.5cm long. It has an inner diameter of 1/2" I believe, which snugs both the Alfa MP and Arizer stem. Picked it up from the hardware store where they sell water/food grade hoses by the foot for dirt cheap. With this setup I can only slide the Alfa MP halfway into the unit, but its given me no issues, I absolutely love hitting this vape now that hot lips are a thing of the past. For bong rips I have to hold the vape in place which some may not like, but it's NBD to me.
This makes the Alfa very versatile, I can run just the stock MP if I need to, or I can run this $8 MP upgrade when I don't need to be discrete

ZR3F1Qa.jpg

QPnDE7j.jpg

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

Just Justin

Don't know if this has been addressed but has anyone noticed the new / different body? The earlier Alfa had a separate metal top but now it looks like the outside case or housing goes the full length of the device and the metal top now sits inside the case or housing. Has anyone recently ordered one from Puffitup and was it the new style body or the other version with the top? see photos: new on top and old version with the separate top.....

Just Justin,

vapeape77

Don't know if this has been addressed but has anyone noticed the new / different body? The earlier Alfa had a separate metal top but now it looks like the outside case or housing goes the full length of the device and the metal top now sits inside the case or housing. Has anyone recently ordered one from Puffitup and was it the new style body or the other version with the top? see photos: new on top and old version with the separate top.....
I don't see any difference, metal?

vapeape77,

Just Justin

its hard to explain but if you look at the top of both just below the dial/mouthpiece and above the Alfa logo, you will see a seam in the old version (bottom pic) where there is a separate top, whereas the top pic is seamless from top to bottom and everything sits inside the case/body.

Just Justin,

vapeape77

its hard to explain but if you look at the top of both just below the dial/mouthpiece and above the Alfa logo, you will see a seam in the old version (bottom pic) where there is a separate top, whereas the top pic is seamless from top to bottom and everything sits inside the case/body.

Ah 10 4, both my Alfas still going strong and the taste is great with min care

vapeape77,

hinglemccringleberry

lemme tell ya, today I actually packed it 100% full with my usual super fine grind and tight pack, and it makes a substantial performance difference over an 85% full oven, which is what usually happens when i forget about the tamp that happens from capping the load with the top screen. Then im too lazy to remove the screen and grind more weed so i usually say "fuck it" and start the sesh at 85% full.
Well today i fired her up with a true 100% full load, took a few tasty low temp hits, switched to medium, let it heat soak for 50-60 seconds, took an abnornally slow draw, and i barely made it to 9 seconds before blowing a MASSIVE cloud and coughing up a lung just like i used to from a huge bong rip. It caught me off guard. This thing is an absolute monster when packed and operated just right, old style or new style (i have the old style). it really blows me away that such a tiny device is capable of that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom